Other Request Qidian comics

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by noemj, Oct 14, 2018.

1. noemj

noemj Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everyone,
    Did you notice that there is some comics on webnovel ?
    Recently I have been interested in one 'A Star Reborn: The Queen's Return', and so I tried to read the raw. But I couldn't find it and I don't even know if there is one : Qidian not only didn't give the chisese name (if there is one), but also didn't give the author name !
    Could you help me help me find the raw, or the name of the novel if there is one ?
    Thanks !

Rose_Afifa and rialm like this.
  2. Khatulistiwa

Khatulistiwa An Egg Eternal

Reading List:
    Link
    The release is slow, fan translation of Very Pure is already chapter 20-ish IIRC

3. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, didn't know that. Not a fan though.

4. AnmesicCat

AnmesicCat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rose_Afifa, rialm, The1Rin and 8 others like this.
  5. Shinygold13

Shinygold13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, gosh @AnmesicCat thanks for the link. @noemj saw it in Webnovel too and I just finished reading the novel. Since there is no existing translation of this novel and no site where I can vent, I'll just use this one so that I won't forget that I ever read this. Anyway, how should I put it, umm, in a sense this is a good novel? Argh, I'm conflicted right now because tbh, this has a good take on the CEO-male-lead trope and other overbearing male lead tropes. I almost want to compare it to Hidden Marriage's Lu Tingxiao and Satan but at the same time, not, because this is a bloody novel completely different to the somewhat chill Hidden Marriage. To explain further, first and foremost, the male leads; If you see the cover of the comic in Webnovel, the man shown is your typical CEO: black-haired, piercing eyes, cold temperament, in short, you'd think this is the Male Lead! But nope, nope, he is not and it took me 100+ chapters to fully confirm because under typical, cliche circumstances of Cnovels out there, he is! And this is why this novel is good, because this guy, Pei Ziheng, is almost ALMOST like Lu Tingxiao; the one that everyone looks up to, the excellent businessman, holds the reigns of an empire, indeed, the dragon among men and all he needs is a phoenix to complete the heavenly match. AND our main character, our beloved female lead is THAT, the phoenix, an empress, a queen BUT this pair is not meant to be even though they are a heavenly match. Why? As I've put, Pei Ziheng is almost like Lu Tiangxia and why that is an almost is due to one difference: he hurts the female lead, Xia Ling, physically and emotionally. Oh, he pampers her, loves her, is obsessed with her, everything positive of Lu Tingxiao except that he had hurt her, attempted to imprint STOCKHOLM SYNDROME to Xia Ling, and couldn't really fight against his family for the right to make Xia Ling his official wife.

Now, that was quite long...Anyway, let's proceed to our second male lead, the REAL male lead, the ALMOST Hidden Marriage's Satan. This man, like Satan, is a man of the underworld, he holds equivalent power to that of Pei Ziheng, a bloody man but unlike Satan's extremely low EQ, Li Lei has high EQ, mischievous, sunny guy, outwardly lazy, chillest CEO ML I've encountered in this trope. He is the sunshine of our female lead. Another comparison of this guy is the father of Ling Lan in Crossing to the Future, Ling Xiao. They are both henpecked males/wife slaves.

See? Nice reversal to the usual trope, right? I enjoyed reading this a lot and as a novel which I've MTLed from the first chapter, that's saying something because usually I first read the english translation and when I want to read further that's the only time I read the remaining raws. So, here's the VENT:

Oh gawd! I am happy that the end game is Li Lei-Xia Ling BUT, but, but, but, huhuhuhu, I'm also crying for Pei Ziheng and here's why:

Pei Ziheng and Xia Ling are the ideal couple of our Cnovels because Pei Ziheng helped Xia Ling to rise to the top and become the queen of the entertainment industry. The two are in love, over the moon with each other BUT because of the coughplotcough pressure from his family, he didn't marry Xia Ling much to the dismay of our short-tempered queen. He designed a political marriage and in that marriage he stated that no one can touch Xia Ling. Simply put, this is only a marriage of convenience and the only person he loves is Xia Ling. Unfortunately, Xia Ling was devastated and chose to negotiate with the fiancee. She didn't know about Pei Ziheng's conditions, she was rash and hurt because as a prideful woman, how can she bear that her longtime lover and man will be married to a person other than her? Alas, the negotiation was unsuccessful so she planned to leave the home she built with him, thinking that since there is another woman in his life, she shouldn't stay any longer. Unfortunately, the fiancee died and she was accused of killing her. Pei Ziheng believed it and that was the first time he slapped her. After that is where the horror starts. Pei Ziheng imprisoned Xia Ling and whenever she disobeys him, he punishes her. When Xia Ling is tired and declared she doesn't love him anymore, he tried to create stockholm syndrome to make her dependent on him, never leaving him again. The torture escalated to the point of BDSM except the submissive has no safe word, wholly dependent on the whims of her master. THIS created a psychological shadow to Xia Ling that followed her after her rebirth.

Finally, Xia Ling was freed and in her tenth anniversary concert, she was killed and reborn to a girl named Ye Xingling. Many things happened and Pei Ziheng realized that he shouldn't have done what he did and it was a painful process. After that, he obsessively held unto her when he found out she was reborn but Xia Ling's love for him had already been washed away by his heavy hand.nHe paid a high price and until the end, he couldn't have the woman he loved.

I hated him, he is not Lu Tingxiao at all but then, he grew up and realized his wrongs, tried to correct them only to find out it's too late. Still, he couldn't love any other woman and on his deathbed, ON HIS DEATHBED, he effing dreamed of the past from the start of their meeting, DREAMING and correcting his mistakes before they can effing happen!!! :cry::cry: THIS, THIS IS THE USUAL CLICHE PLOT! The one where the male lead sticks up to the female lead until the end and have their own happily ever after. He dreamed that they finally got married and in their honeymoon, gawd, one of the wedding gifts came from Li Lei, the real husband/male lead of the MC, and with this gift is a card congratulating the two of their matrimony! :cry::cry::cry: IF our MC did not reincarnate, this would have been the final outcome and our beloved Li Lei -bless this guy!!!- he would have missed falling in love with Ye Xingling :cry::cry:

I honestly felt goosebumps, cold toes, shivers because I loved the character development and I love both male leads -I love Li Lei more though- I am crying for Pei Ziheng because before he died, he had a happy dream. He died with a smile on his face! Oh gawd, please, someone translate this I want to discuss this with everyone, gawd why am I not Chinese? :cry::cry:

6. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    A summary or abridged version would be nice
    Initially I thought you were pissed offf until I skipped to the end
    Glad you found something to enjoy
    Hopefully Webnovel.com makes enough money so they can translate more
    Comics should be easier to translate than novels since the language would be simpler
    and also the pace is much faster
    No one will spend an entire chapter in a cave cultivating in a comic haha

7. Shinygold13

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I've been thinking if I should try translating this for my own enjoyment but we'll see... Hahaha, this novel is a rollercoaster ride and I have mixed feelings for this one mainly because of the two male leads. I've also read the comic at qidian and I just fell in love with Li Lei, he's the white haired guy that'll appear in chapter 12 or 13. Ha, maybe I'll try recommending this on the webnovel forum

Edit: Oops, sorry, that was chapter 16 not 12 or 13

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    Wujigege likes this.
  8. CatBunn

CatBunn Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Shinygold13 yes someone finally gave some spoilers! I made an account just so I can ask some questions about it.

-Who killed her?
    -What is up with her sister?
    -Does Xia Ling climb to the top again?
    -Is justice served, as in does the murderer and whoever hurt her get punished?
    -Does the public/fans find out about the real circumstances of her death?
    -Doesn't People Ziheng know that she was murdered, if so then why didn't he help get justice for her?

Rose_Afifa likes this.
  9. Shinygold13

Reading List:
    Link
    Her sister, Xia Yu, is the one who orchestrated Xia Ling's death. She was the one who turned off the lights during the concert while a person she hired was the one who directly killed Xia Ling. Xia Yu was also responsible for the death of Pei Ziheng's fiancee and used Xia Ling as the scapegoat. Why did she do these? Because she fell in love with PZH and believes that such an excellent man belongs to a white lotus like her. She's also had always been jealous of Xia Ling and hates the kindness her big sister showers towards her even when they were still in the orphanage.
    YES! And she was even more famous than her previous life because she was blessed after her rebirth due to said rebirth. Why? She actually is the daughter of a very powerful hidden family, the Xia, which is more powerful than the Li family or Pei family because the Xia has the National Teacher and they are known to be masters of metaphysics i.e. fortune, fengshui, luck, destiny; their 'blessings' and advices can help families rise or fall and it's possible for them to weave bad luck to someone especially if that someone had wronged them.

Anyway, at Xia Ling's birth she was found to be the Phoenix of the Xia family. The Phoenix destiny is a lonely and tumultous fate, it can bring disaster that is why daughters with the Phoenix fate must leave the Xia family to undergo trials. Daughters can only return to the family after experiencing Rebirth and finishing her trials while the family cannot intervene else the disaster will transfer to the family.

Xia Ling was able to successfully be reborn and with it comes the blessing of the Phoenix fate which as a bird is shown in her singing. Later on, after she becomes the undisputed queen, her songs can bring good luck to others if they listen to it.
    Yep and this is also a heartbreaking Arc because Pei Ziheng discovered that Xia Ling was not the murderer all along but he never chose to have faith in her which is why it led to the horrible experience of Xia Ling before her rebirth. He was devastated and said he was sorry then vowed that Xia Yu must pay a heavy price as he had as well because his price for hurting Xia Ling was losing her to another man forever.

Because Xia Ling's case was said to be an accident, the public became extremely interested and even more so when it became connected with the murder case of Pei Ziheng's fiancee. Not only that, Xia Yu was also a famous celebrity so the hearing was broadcasted and everyone knew that the culprit of the two cases was Xia Yu. She was scorned by the public and was then sentenced the death penalty. While waiting for the death penalty, Xia Yu was bullied in prison and died horribly, her limbs twisted and body bruised, a day before she is sentenced to die.

So yes, justice served and everyone knew that Xia Ling's accidental death wasn't so accidental after all.
    Pei Ziheng punished the family of his fiancee because all evidence points to them specifically the brother of the fiancee. So, he punished them. He destroyed the family, killed the brother, and suppressed the remaining living descendents of the family. He had done this in the background while the outside world was fooled into thinking that Xia Ling's death is an accident and maybe even suicide because the staff of the company spread the rumors that Xia Ling was depressed.

He never thought that the root of it all was Xia Yu and only discovered it after Ye Xingling, Xia Yu's current body and identity, investigated it again with her lover, Li Lei.

10. notawordybirdy

notawordybirdy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow I'm so glad that Pei Ziheng isn't the end game. I can now enjoy reading this in peace knowing that MC got the treatment she deserves.

If it's not too much to ask, could you spoil how PZH comes to know Xia Ling is actually Ye Xingling and their first interaction after her rebirth?

11. CatBunn

CatBunn Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Shinygold13 wow thank you for answering all my questions! PZH was just a little to late. He should've opposed the marriage with the fiancee and his family in the first place. What is the point in going against them after when everything is too late sigh...If he had the courage to do that, he should've done it earlier

How many chapters is the whole story? I hope not too long. Is Xia Ling's journey to the top long and with enemies left and right?

And that Xia Yu bitch ugh became famous too. I despise white lotus and green tea bitches. Must every Chinese story have a despicable sister/cousin character like how can they be so disgraceful and disgusting. And I'm happy that the ML's and MC's background is so powerful. It serves for some great face slapping later.

12. Shinygold13

Reading List:
    Link
    The total chapters is 1438 while the main storyline ended in chapter 987, the rest are extra chapters about Chu Yu, PZH's trusted aide and Xia Ling's former manager, then Pei Ziheng's dream about correcting his mistakes :cry::cry: which began in chapter 998 and ended in chapter 1157 while the rest is the story of Ye Xingling and Li Lei's daughter also named as Xia Ling.
    Hmm, about Xia Ling's journey to the top, well, let's just say that majority of the story centered on their personal lives rather than in the entertainment scene but when she debuted, Ye Xingling spent almost two years in the industry before being imprisoned by PZH for another year, this was when he found out that Ye Xingling is Xia Ling, and a timeskip of four years which implied the solidification of her reign as queen. In a sense, the entertainment scene became a medium for Xia Ling but never truly the center of the novel and maybe it only has a role because both MLs are leading the two giant entertainment companies in the novel; the Emperor Entertainment of PZH and Tianyi or Heavenly Art Entertainment of Li Lei.

Xia Ling's enemies are mostly the women trying to win both MLs' hearts such as her sister, whom tried to ride on her 'dead' sister's fame and compete with Ye Xingling since they debuted at the same time plus Xia Ling already knows her true colors so she wasn't nice either; and two women, Gu Lin and Su Shi, in the side of Li Lei, the charming bad boy tsk, other enemies are just cannon fodders, just there to prove how protective Li Lei is...oh, I should also put here PZH because this guy cooperated with Li Lei's family to break apart the couple, which was successful btw, and PZH tried to be ambiguous on screen so to fool Li Lei into thinking he and Xia Ling are back together -Li Lei's vinegar tends to overflow when it comes to PZH, lol-

Yep! it's funny tbh especially when Li Lei discovered Xia Ling's background, by then she's already in contact with her brother, and whenever Li Lei meets Xia Ling's brother he becomes subservient and tries to call him brother which annoys Xia Ling's brother to no end. Li Lei's family also had a face slap especially his grandfather and Su Shi, whom was recommended by said grandfather to be Li Lei's marriage partner and is also just a daughter of a trusted assistant.

13. Shinygold13

Reading List:
    Link
    While I was reading this I was also skeptical at first because I badly wanted for the main male lead to be Li Lei but Xia Ling's complicated emotions is just making things even more confusing though I don't blame her tbh, she did love PZH but the abuse he did to her had turned her love into hate. I even thought that maybe this novel is one of those novels where the main ML is abusive but the FL still accepts him which made me dread to continue but I still push through because at that phase I was already heavily invested. Thank god that the author is not an idiot and gave our FL the ability to let go of the darkness and then open up her heart to bask in the sun.

I don't mind giving spoilers :LOL:
    How PZH knew? This is going to be a long one.
    For clarity's sake, let me use Ye Xingling to present the current Xia Ling and Xia Ling for the past. First, their first meeting after Xia Ling's death. This was when Xia Yu attended a TV show and Ye Xingling was also there with the head music producer of Tianyi, Wei Shaoyin, and was serving as his assistant. After the show's shooting, Ye Xingling waited outside for Wei Shaoyin's car so that they can return to the company. Unbeknownst to her, PZH was also there waiting for Xia Yu and PZH witnessed Ye Xingling touching the snow with her finger reminiscent to that of Xia Ling's and was too familiar. After that, PZH also heard Ye Xingling being called with the same nickname as that of Xia Ling which is "Xiao Ling". Ye Xingling thought that she was discovered, she wasn't but PZH became interested in her and attempted multiple ways to bring her to his grasp such as bribing her, threatening her, and the worst was kidnapping her, even attempted to rape her.

Since PZH has too much regret, he became obsessed in collecting any woman who has a bit of familiarity with Xia Ling like same nose, same lips, same eyes but when he looks at Ye Xingling it wasn't those physical features that haunts him, instead it is the personality, her habits, and most crippling of all was her songs. Before Xia Ling died at the concert, in her encore she sang a not yet produced/released song called "Cage of the Butterfly" and this song is the product of Xia Ling's despair during her days of being abused. It talked about their fairytale-like meeting and the doom that followed but during the encore, Xia Ling was never able to sing the second part of the "Cage of the Butterfly" because she died. Unfortunately, Ye Xingling, during a singing competition, was challenged to sing the unfinished song and she forced herself to sing this emotional song until the last lyrics. PZH immediately sought her and desperately, repeatedly asked her who she is because only he and Xia Ling's bestfriend know the whole lyrics. Still, he wasn't able to discover the truth but he was suspicious, very suspicious then he tried to soften his approach only to be refused again and again by Ye Xingling.

Then, the third life-threatening disaster happened in Ye Xingling's life. In this event, both she and Li Lei were heavily injured and separated by a mountain. She knew that the crew she was with couldn't help them in time and because she couldn't bear the thought of losing her beloved, she contacted PZH using a contact number that is only known by PZH and Xia Ling. Ye Xingling tried to lie at first but PZH was stubborn, saying he wouldn't help if she won't say the truth why she knows the number and only when she couldn't hide any longer did she admit that she's Xia Ling.

Ye Xingling and Li Lei were rescued, this was also their first long separation because PZH forced Ye Xingling to promise that she will stay with PZH or else Li Lei will not be treated.

14. KylieRainbowLove

KylieRainbowLove Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I ask is Xia Yu really Xia Ling biological sister because in the manga ch 10 it says that Xia Yu is her stepsister so are they related by blood or not?

radical6 likes this.
  15. CatBunn

CatBunn Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was Xia Ling's best friend nice or evil like the sister? Also in the latest chapter on webnovel they did the public broadcasting of her death in which Xia Yu and PZH spoke. There was another guy who spoke as well. Who is he? And at the first audition for the dance role, one of the judges who is apparently a big shot (can't remember his name) passed her even though she didn't want to. Does he also play a role later on?

And I'm glad there weren't any lose ends. I feel bad for PZH but he shouldn't have treated Xia Ling that way. He should have protected and trusted her more. That was his greatest downfall, his inability to handle the situation clearly. Even reading about his actions, I don't have much feeling besides melancholy sigh because it's love that drove him to do it. If it was a guy who hated her and tortured her for the sake of it or for another bitchy woman, then I would've despised him...but he isn't like that. It's rather sad that he died after dreaming about their happy life. That part makes me tear up but there's no room for regret. I think an alternate novel where he's reborn and gets a second chance would be nice.

16. Pristine Xia

Pristine Xia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for all the spoilers! I really need place to vent. But so glad too PZH is not the end game. Although I did enjoy seeing him groveling over Ye Xingling. Can't wait for the novel translation too! I'm somehow relieved the main plot took +900 chapters instead of +3000 or +4000 or more *shudder*

17. Shinygold13

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, they are not biological sisters but they are distant relatives. Xia Yu is also a Xia but her family is like a very distant branch family rather than in the main family. If I'm not mistaken, Xia Ling is supposed to be raised up with Xia Yu's family but because Xia Yu's family is rotten, they left the two children in the orphanage because 1) they hated that Xia Yu is sick and 2) they're lazy people.

18. Shinygold13

Reading List:
    Link
    Xia Ling's bestfriend is a very good man. I think his name is Feng Qi or something with Feng in it, he hasn't appeared yet in the webcomic but he is also the music producer of Emperor Entertainment. Out of Xia Ling's past friends, he is the only one that is true to her and was the second loved one to discover that Ye Xingling is Xia Ling; the first loved one who knew Xia Ling's identity instantly was her horse.

At the broadcasting, the first man who spoke was Chu Yu, Xia Ling's former manager, followed by Xia Yu then lastly by PZH

The bigshot who let Ye Xingling pass is Wei Shaoyin, music producer of Tianyi, and yes, he will become one of her close friends in the future.

Khadz, DOHere, bloddyrose and 8 others like this.
  19. KylieRainbowLove

KylieRainbowLove Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I ask did her manager care about her even a little also why did her stepsister Xia Yu hate the fact that she was nice to her anyway?

20. love-cutter

love-cutter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I never liked PZ. He wasn't man enough to marry our female lead. Then he hurts her because he 'loves' her?! BS! He's lower than trash. The only reason I still read the webtoon is because of what seems to be a side character ahahah. One. I'm a sucker for glasses boys. Two. Also a sucker for blonde hair. And if I understood your rant properly, he's not the male lead so idk how long I'll read this webtoon for.