Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm going to guess but, if a death mage concentrates on someone they could see their spirit form even if they are alive, maybe?

Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  2. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't wait for the inevitable scene where in order to save her that Van sends her to lambda while her parents watch this demonic ritual.

I'm sure its more of them being able to feel the part that resonates to them or their DAM.

3. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm sorry but what do you mean by DAM, is it (Death Attribute Master?).

hillo315 likes this.
  4. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Death Attribute Magic

5. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    ok, thanks for clearing that up.

hillo315 and FussyBadger like this.
  6. LokiTheAccursed

LokiTheAccursed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess that because Metamorph has a piece of Vans soul Banda & Mei are more sensitive to Metamorphs state.

Claus, hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  7. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    ok, so basically ban is connected to meta via fragment (divine protection?) and Mei sensed this part of bander and recognised the soul as meta, but the question is why didn't bander discover it sooner? because it is a fragment of himself (unless once he gives it out he no longer feels anything from them due to them assimilating into their soul completely)

8. LokiTheAccursed

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe Mei is a lot more sensitive then Banda. I don't know.

hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  9. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    or it is simular to the fact that you don't smell your own odor because you are to used to it

divine protection is something that can be given and taken, so it does not assimilat with the soul, normaly at least. it is van we are talking about and he says that he does not have controll over it, what is not normal, so it might be possible.

Bla8bla, jemini, Claus and 2 others like this.
  10. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    Say what you will about Hiroto's other failures, but not being able to protect his family is a result of not knowing enough to take action. He can actually do more than Banda can, but he knows zilch about the threat he's supposed to be facing.

Yes, she is. She's not a dead spirit, but that makes little difference here.

And then Van will leave behind a formal notice and apology to Hiroto and Narumi, explaining exactly what happened and why Mei has been exiled, consoling them with the fact that they'll definitely get to be with her again in the next life. And he'll give all the exposition Rodcorte forgot to tell them. And he might leave Banda behind to take care of Hiroshi. And he'll make an example of Avalon's death.

Yes. That should mark her as a friendly presence. It's like the Israelites spreading blood on their doors to protect them from the plagues. :blobxd:

Because Banda was very angry. Because some little kids are too innocent to rely on appearances as easily as their elders do.

Yes. Humans define themselves as their own subjective normal. Your own unique odor should not trigger any biologically driven feelings of comfort or revulsion. Unless you are ill.

Van normally interacts with those who are guided by him. He can quickly sense when someone in Talosheim is not guided by him because that's not normal.

11. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The spirits/souls hanging around her? remember the mine criminal slave who was haunted by his victims, It would not surprise me if Metamorph is haunted by her mother, or some other loved one.

Or her spirit might be partially outside the body having been driven out be Avalon's brainwashing.
    He is a OCD autistic control freak, He cares about how he thinks things should be, and that people are obeying HIS rules.

Remember his teachings basically include to kill anyone who does not follow his teachings, which would include those who worship the other pillar gods over him, but since they are not active no one is really giving them more then lip service, .
    But he claims to be the moral authority as well. I think it is more that he does not understand Morals, and thinks following the rules = morality.
    With anything he does not like being immoral, evil, crazy, etc.
    Well ya, Van would just be cleaning up someone else's mess, and Hiroto likely helped cause it.

12. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    like with the live-dead in the first volume?

yes van would be cleaning up origin, but you've got to look at hiroto's perspective here, he's had no enemies except terrorists and maybe assassin's, he's had no reason to suspect that one of his friends (avalon) has become a james bond villain, he also has no reason to suspect that meta is still alive because its been 3 years since her apparent death with nothing happening (apart from the party) that would lead him to believe that there is a possibility that she is alive.

Nakakure, Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  13. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like how the gods of Origin treat Van as a living disaster:blobowoevil:

"Hey, so, Hiro, can We call you Hiro? Anyway, see that giant sword-wielding-tentacle-scepter-monstrocity who politely introduced himself as Vandalieu Zakkart? Yeah, well, that's your daughter's friends's dad? Wait, is it dad? Creator? Main body? Doesn't matter, what matters is that he is currently nom noming everyone involved into Death Attrobute research. And is your fault."

" HOW IS THAT MY FAULT!?"

"Well, technically it is Rodiot's fault, but you are closer. And involved. And it was your job to catch them."

"Hey now, look at the bright side!"

"WHAT BRIGHT SIDE!? ALL I SEE IS A GIANT ELDRITCH MONSTER EATING PEOPLE'S SOULS!"

"No, Zuruwarn is right. Just look at your daugther! She looks like she is having the time of her life!"

"Ooooooh! Look Banda, bi' bro! Is Bi' Banda!"

Korleone, Nakakure, IceFenix and 8 others like this.
  14. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    i have to say this, i hope van stays mostly invisible cause if he doesn't, then over half the world would likely go batshit.
    i wouldn't be surprised if the plants and animals lost there colour and became monsters like immortal treants, monster centipedes and giant dragon bird things. (like the grimm from rwby)

ps. i know you were joking.

15. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't Pauvina's spirit completely outside the body, and haunting it due to her body being dead and re-animated.
    Except he does, his and the braver's abilities breed jealousy, envy and hatred just be their existing.with those in political power wanting to manipulate and use them for their own ends.
    They were starting to be on government watch lists simply by living their lives.

The very nature of the bravers existence as individuals was a destabilizing influence on their world, the organization acts to minimize that destabilizing influence, but could not get rid of it due to the greed and lust for power of the world leaders.
    He has been betrayed before, and should consider the possibility that he can be betrayed again, or that the previous betrayers might have left a sleeper behind.
    True, though that "death" should have been suspicious to begin with.

So ya, if there are issues it is not because he had no way to foresee them, but did not bother properly trying. Though their luck and blessings have probably long since atrophied his capabilities in these areas.

Korleone, Nakakure, Bla8bla and 3 others like this.
  16. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    "Eathing you enemies souls... and apparently de-aging all the best chiefs in the world back to their physical peak, for the low price of 1 meal."
    We all know Van would multitask and probably end a couple famine's and cure some epidemics while he was over there.

17. LokiTheAccursed

Reading List:
    Link
    Van: You give me recipes, I'll turn your age to the prime of your life. Deal?

18. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    which is why i said "like"

very true and a factor i forgot about, but he trusts some (maybe all) of them enough to go to his daughters 3rd birthday.

yeah i agree that there luck and fortune has blinded them to the world at large, so hiroto has a big case of the peter pan syndrome.

it could be that due to there luck, fortune and a lack of evidence to suggest anything (because avalon is hyper-intelligent in origin standards) that they have let there guards down, or hiroto beleives that if there is any problems the world would not attack him due to his powers (ignore defense, instant cast, multi cast, all "natural" attributes and an unknown one) for fear of the damage caused, plus he's seen as a hero to alot of people which might start some riots or civil-wars.

19. Isekai07

Isekai07 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you think that "hidden ability" is? It's obviosuly his trump card. I think it's probably some heavy spirit-damaging attack that truly ignores all defenses (maybe even Van's) without physically affecting anything. Or maybe it's an actual "world-ending" spell. Chances are, I'm wrong.

20. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    i don't think it damages "spirits" because spirits are essentially souls and rodcord would not give anyone that ability i hope (if he even has that ability to give)

but i have no idea about it, it could be some kind of ability that kills everything in a set area like 100km or something, maybe?