Discussion Release That Witch Anime

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by SomeDude, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    Not that I care about this one, but I got to marvel at that cavalry charge that looks like it is taken straight from a 20 year old rts. lol

Jojo775 likes this.
  2. roriconknight

roriconknight Exiled Member of The Lolicon Society

Reading List:
    Link
    well, nobody charge with that thin line. even the winged hussars are thicc.

3. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks good @R0 might Love this

SoulZer0 likes this.
  4. Jambasic

Jambasic Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is going to be unsatisfyingly short if it has all those information as research works are the main focus in the early parts, hope this gets 50+ episodes. even in just my dreams

5. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    I am loving it

6. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope it will released this year, but I heard somewhere that there's problem with funding.

Zeikfried likes this.
  7. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    Frankly, I hope it won't be as bad as quanzhi fashi... :blob_coughblood:
    Whelp, the king's avatar was pretty bad too, so I don't have much hope for this... :blobcry:

Zeikfried likes this.
  8. DZ_Spellcaster

DZ_Spellcaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    I just wanna know when this will be released?

10. Unfair_me

Unfair_me Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hope they fix that charge, you must be mentally retarded to charge with a single row of knights, unless each knight has a godly strength and very heavy equipment.

11. DZ_Spellcaster

DZ_Spellcaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The budget probably only allows for that kind of charge, equipment or quality...

MrNebulist likes this.
  12. dudu.borsatti

dudu.borsatti Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It would not make sense if you were facing an enormous infantry formation, but in this case they are facing two lines of infantry, to concentrate the load in a single point you would only kill very few soldiers.

13. Zeikfried

Zeikfried Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would be so disappointed if you are right. Not only do I really enjoy Relase that Witch, but this an opportunity for the Chinese to enter the world animation market and present something with potential to reach the top.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Relase that Witch is my favorite Chinese webnovel and in general my favorite story in that genre.

Ever since I've watched Back to the Future when I was eight years old, I have always adored time-travel-esque stories where the protagonist revolutionizes the stagnant past. This is the only story to really hit all the marks I wanted. There have been others, like Eric Flint's Ring of Fire, or SM Stirling's works and so on. There is stuff like "Gate," "Jin," "Samurai Commando: Mission 1549."

Yet nothing really had ONE man carrying with him the pride of the modern world, doing his best, and actually succeeding! No bullshit Random-Omnipotent-Being giving the protagonist a cheat system, no screwing around with girls and magic and doing nothing with your smartphone, no nationalism bullshit, no over-the-top ecchi fan service, no ethereal domineering cosmic forces stopping the protagonist from changing things to enforce a bullshit theme.

Roland actually applies science and modern knowledge properly. Sure the witches are cheats in some ways. Without lie-detector Nightingale he would have been screwed in a multitude of ways dealing with the intrigue and cunning of foes twice over. Without Anna and the others, there is no way Roland could have achieved a tenth of what he wanted in the same time frame. But I'll forgive that for the fact demons are a thing.

Every successful invention
    ______________________________________________________________________________________

And as far as the actual trailer goes... I liked the animation, just like how I liked "King's Avatar's" animation. But Chinese companies always use veneers or cut corners some way. I hope they don't use atmosphere-ruining chibi-forms and things like that.

The character designs are fine, especially when you compare them to the Anime adaptions of Light Novels. The characters are not supposed to be exceedingly beautiful, handsome, or cute. Personality and voice acting? I can only guess.

I have never really seen a successful Chinese animation do well outside of China. I hope this bucks the trend.

It'll be especially hard once the series undergoes more scrutiny. I am sure Neil DeGrasse Tyson would skewer the science. And narratively speaking... On one hand, I was satisfied with how Roland steam rolls through his problems with his innovations, but on the other... There was so much hype set up for Timonthy's intrigue and maneuvering, so much build up about Garcia's fleet and control in the North... but we don't ever get to see it before they are gone.

Things like that make me think the Animation sits at a precarious position as far as its commercial success goes. Novels inevitably change when they transition from written to visual forms, but what they choose to keep and cut is doubly important with Release that Witch. I mean the culture-police screwing over everything is a given. But maintaining a coherent narrative in this story spanning over a thousand chapters... Any changes they opt to make will have consequences in the short, middle, and long run of the show.

14. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually... The Witches are supposed to be absolutely charming and gorgeous.

15. strucker543

strucker543 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    any release date yet?

16. Kujo

Kujo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do not think so, the Chinese hate the Japanese with their soul.

17. SifaV6

SifaV6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's actually quite a few Chinese animes that were dubbed and aired in Japan~

18. Kujo

Kujo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lel? Tell me some, I'm interested in seeing them

19. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Potential business overcomes hate

20. SifaV6

SifaV6 Well-Known Member