Other Request Qidian comics

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by noemj, Oct 14, 2018.

1. CatBunn

CatBunn Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shit I just read the latest chapter and the torture looked terrible. Tf is up with his head ugh. I thought it was something where he just imprisoned her but it was worse than that. And from the spoiler after he finds that she's been reborn he imprisons and tortures her again?!? Someone please tell me she kicked his ass or hurt him physically some way ugh. I wish she knew some martial arts. No wonder there wasn't any love left for him after all that. What female is their right mind would? Thank god the author is different from all those other authors and actually sane. I'll continue cause the plot is interesting and I want to see everyone get their comeuppance. And a 1000+ chapters isn't that long since each chapter is short and plus nowadays compared to other books, it's hardly considered long especially when I consider all the long Chinese novels I read

TheOakTree likes this.
  2. Ctho

Ctho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for all the info I really appreciate it!

Shinygold13 likes this.
  3. Shinygold13

Shinygold13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Her former manager, Chu Yu, cared for her as long as she had PZH's favor. He's like the eunuch of an emperor and only listens to the emperor i.e. if Xia Ling is pleased it means PZH is pleased etc. Chu Yu will always choose PZH because it is beneficial to do so. There was even a time when Xia Ling almost escaped from her imprisonment but before she can run out of the door she met Chu Yu, she thought he could help her because he had shown a lot of care for her as her manager but in the end, Chu Yu himself stopped her from leaving and delivered her to PZH while she begged for him to help her. That's when Xia Ling realized that she's surrounded by fake people and that no one really cared for her...except for one person and that is Feng Qi.

On the matter of Xia Yu -sigh- she probably had an inferiority complex and just let her envy take over her, I guess. She sees Xia Ling's kindness as a burden and liked it when Xia Ling is in a slump or being bullied. An example of that was during their time in the orphanage, because the orphanage had limited funds, when it is time to eat it is first come first served so if you're late, you won't get good food...so, because Xia Yu was sick, Xia Ling was always the one who gets her 'favorite' food for her but every time she does so, she always encounter bullies in the hallway that tries to take Xia Yu's portion. Sometimes, Xia Ling can beat them, sometimes she's the one being beaten but always when she goes back to Xia Yu's room, she gives the food with a smile on her face. But the truth is, Xia Yu never liked the food Xia Ling delivers, she just acts that she likes it because in her room's window she can clearly see Xia Ling being bullied because of her 'favorite' food.

4. Shinygold13

Reading List:
    Link
    PZH is a very possessive guy. The first imprisonment in the past life, it was his attempt to protect her from the fiancee's family because she 'killed' his fiancee. After that, he became obsessed because Xia Ling kept on telling him that she hated him and wanted to leave him and he attempted to use Stockholm Syndrome so that she will only love him and depend on him forever. There was also a BDSM part; he is the master while Xia Ling is the slave but it is not a healthy master-slave reationship because she is always helpless and can't stop him when it is too much.

After he discovered that she's been reborn, PZH's treatment was less brutal but he did imprison her, physically abuses her when Ye Xingling denies him plus, he gets aggressive every time Li Lei is mentioned. As I said, he is a very possessive guy, he can't accept that there's another man in Xia Ling's life and tries all the means that he can so he can have Xia Ling only to himself.

Oh, and another instance of this possessiveness was when Ye Xingling became pregnant. At that time, she's already in PZH's hands but the father of her child is Li Lei, because Ye Xingling vowed to never return to Li Lei so that PZH can leave him alone and recover in peace -this was the third life-threatening disaster of Xia Ling- Ye Xingling planned to fool PZH into thinking the child she carries is his. To do that, she employed the help of her bestfriend Feng Qi and they made PZH drunk and used a girl from Feng Qi's bar, this is with the consent of the girl btw, to give the illusion that something happened between Ye Xingling and PZH. To make it even more effective, Feng Qi let the girl leave a drop of blood to indicate that it was Ye Xingling's first time. The two even planned the hospital where they can stage the evaluation of her pregnancy so that every information falls into place. PZH was fooled but then, Ye Xingling was pushed to the staircase by Xia Yu and then PZH discovered in another hospital that the months don't aline; she was supposed to be two months pregnant but according to a different hospital she is three months pregnant. So, PZH knew that the father of the child is Li Lie and attempted to abort the child only to stop it because he was advised to take care of Ye Xingling's body first before doing abortion. He listened and the days that followed, acted with Ye Xingling who didn't know that she's been seen through. Then, one day, PZH gave Ye Xingling a food that contains abortive pills and almost succeeded but Ye Xingling was able to go to the hospital in time.

Ye Xingling begged him to save the child and in return she will do anything he wants. He acquiesced and told Ye Xingling that the child will be sent away after he's born and Ye Xingling must immediately give him a child of his own.
    ---
    One of the most frustrating parts of the novel!!!
    ---

Compare that with Li Lei. When he found out Ye Xingling was pregnant, he misunderstood and thought the father was PZH but even so, he told Ye Xingling that he will accept the child as his own so he begged Ye Xingling to return with him and leave PZH -he didn't know she's staying for his own good- Ye Xingling never told him that he is the biological father because she doesn't want him to fight against PZH when in the end, she is still trapped by the vow she made.

Ye Xingling was never able to kick his ass but she dealt him a great emotional blow. The revenge of Ye Xingling is probably telling him that she doesn't love him anymore and she followed through with this declaration; she didn't give him a chance and only treated him as a friend, at best, despite him trying to woo her back.

Btw, Xia Ling knows some martial arts for defense but PZH knows martial arts and can almost be on the same level as battle-hardened Li Lei.

5. Shinygold13

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, Wei Shaoyin, the glasses guy, also caught my eyes the first time he appeared but when I finally saw Li Lei, I changed my mind. Here's his photo:
    [​IMG]
    :blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt:
    Kyaa!! Ya know, this appearance was also one of the reasons why I was skeptical if he is really the main ML because most webcomics have black haired men as their main ML.

Oh, and in the novel, he is described as a mixed-blood with green eyes and tanned skin since his father is Chinese while his mother is Italian.:blobnosebleed::blobokhand:

Compare with Pei Ziheng:
    [​IMG]

Well, he has a charm of his own and he's quite handsome too. I only wished he was a bit uglier so that I won't feel guilty shipping Li Lei and Xia Ling :blobconfounded:

Diah4918, Tiato, lottie and 3 others like this.
  6. notawordybirdy

notawordybirdy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly thank you so much for spoiling this. Can't wait for Li Lei to be introduced properly.

Shinygold13 likes this.
  7. Pristine Xia

Pristine Xia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WHAT THE....! Then when did Li Lei realize that the baby is actually his and how did Xia Ling (and Li Lei) finally escape from their predicament?

The baby didn't actually get send away right? Or the baby did? (Or was Xia Ling's first baby even born?)

8. CatBunn

CatBunn Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh Li Lei is gorgeous, he looks like a prince. PZH is handsome too, such eye candy. He even looks like ruthless character which the eyes and brows express well. Xi Yu makes me so angry. Such a friggin bitch. Became a celebrity later on even though she doesn't even have that great of an appearance or talent...I guess riding on Xia Ling's fame overrode all that. Did she have a lot of fans? I hope not. I want her to be a minor celeb and not as loved as Xia Ling was

Shinygold13 likes this.
  9. KylieRainbowLove

KylieRainbowLove Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I ask why didn't Xia Yu like Xia Ling at all because I can understand her being jealous of her because she was queen of the entertainment world and had the love of PZH but why did she not like her even a little bit?

10. KylieRainbowLove

Reading List:
    Link
    Did she ever get revenge on PZH?

11. Shinygold13

Reading List:
    Link
    Xia Ling was able to escape thanks to Li Lei because he was able to suppress PZH to bankruptcy. This was with the help of Xia Ling's brother. PZH was forced to choose: hold on to Ye Xingling or let her go to save his company. He chose the latter thus, our couple reunited BUT by this time, the baby is 'dead' and Ye Xingling didn't tell Li Lei because she doesn't want him to mourn the child he hadn't had the chance to see.

How did the baby 'die'?
    It all started with th envious Xia Yu. She doesn't know that Ye Xingling is Xia Ling, in any case, any woman in PZH's life poses a threat -this is what Xia Yu thought- so she planned to dispose the child so that PZH will hate Ye Xingling. Xia Yu's plan was to kidnap the child and throw it on a garbage dump and let it die. She was able to dump the baby but because PZH and Xia Ling had an agreement about the child's future, that is for this son to never inherit the Pei inheritance, and also because PZH is warming up to the child, he was able to trace up where the child is. Thankfully, Xia Ling's brother rescued the baby on time then he told PZH to release Ye Xingling from the vow she made and also to tell her that the child is dead. In Xia Ling's brother's mind it was all to avoid the child from sharing Xia Ling's disastrous fate and planned to return the child after the most dangerous time of her life had already passed.

PZH agreed about the child 'dying' but he didn't agree on letting Ye Xingling go and so, Xia Ling's brother told Li Lei about Xia Ling's vow and gave Li Lei an artifact that helped him in suppressing PZH so that he will let Ye Xingling go because if PZH REALLY has to choose, he will always put his family/company first.

Xia Ling was not aware that her dead child is not dead while Li Lei didn't know he had a son except four years later. Before this timeskip, the couple was broken apart because of the scheme of PZH and Li Lei' grandfather and they remained separated for four years. Anyway, the son was reunited with Ye Xingling due to her brother and because she was instantly taken by the cute child, she later on adopted him.

On the other hand, Li Lei returned to China and planned to chase Ye Xingling again and likee her adopted son as well. One day, the son had an allergic reaction which is similar to her child back then so Xia Ling grew suspicious and tried to check the son's blood because her child had a rare blood type the same with his father. Unfortunately, PZH was there and he forced the doctor of the hospital to change the blood type because it's the same blood type as Li Lei = really her son. Xia Ling was fooled BUT days later, when Li Lei was watching over the son, the son had an accident and needs blood transfusion. The hospital used the incorrect blood type and it caused a bad reaction, putting the son to a greater risk and it was quickly found out that Li Lei and the son had the same blood type so he volunteered to be the donor. Xia Ling by then was ablt o put two and two together; PZH hid the truth and the boy she adopted was her child.

Xia Ling told Li Lei that the boy is her biological son and that he wasn't dead after all while Li Lei quickly deduced that the father was actually him because they both had the same rare blood type while Xia Ling confirmed his suspicion. Li Lei was also understanding why Xia Ling hid the fact from him because he knew at that time she was in a dangerous environment and did all she can to protect their child.

12. Shinygold13

Reading List:
    Link
    Xia Yu's fame is largely in part of Xia Ling's fandom especially since Xia Ling died, many of her fans supported Xia Yu because Xia Yu was Xia Ling's 'beloved' sister. She had a lot of fans early in her career but because she always challenged Ye Xingling, ahem, rather, Ye Xingling will not allow Xia Yu to get away, Xia Yu's weak persona slowly crumbled along with her reputation and everyone discovered what a green tea b*tch she is. Anyway, Xia Yu never attained the kind of glory Xia Ling had and even more so, Ye Xingling's much more esteemed positioned later on.

Khadz, DOHere, Shieri and 7 others like this.
  13. Shinygold13

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, Xia Yu DID like Xia Ling a little bit but it wasn't enough to make Xia Yu a good person. Simply put, it is due to Xia Yu's nature itself; some people become good when given just a bit of goodness whereas some people, no matter how good you treat them, don't see that all. It's a matter of perspective and unfortunately, Xia Yu chose to be selfish, self-centered, and ungrateful.

14. Shinygold13

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on what you think of revenge. Is it the kind that she returns his abuse with equal pain physically? Nope, she didn't do this. Xia Ling never thought of revenge, she only thought of never associating herself with PZH and to get as far away from him as possible. She hated his abuse but her love, because she DID love PZH, her love stopped her from hurting him back. Xia Ling only realized that it is OVER between them and she will never love him again...and that is the greatest 'revenge' PZH tasted: Xia Ling's indifference.

15. Sos

Sos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What’s the novel name? Is there any English translation of the novel??

16. KylieRainbowLove

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I ask did Xia Yu ever figure out that Ye Xingling is really Xia Ling and if she did how did she react?

17. CatBunn

CatBunn Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't if there's a novel translation but the manga is being translated on webnovel and that's what I'm reading

18. Shinygold13

Reading List:
    Link
    She did later on when Xia Ling finally returned to the Xia family because the family declared to the world that their long-lost daughter, the deceased Xia Ling had reincarnated as Ye Xingling, of course if the world believed them is up to them. Xia Yu did not believe it at first but further interaction proved that Ye Xingling is really Xia Ling so Xia Yu accepted it in the end. In a sense, for Xia Yu, whether it is true or not doesn't matter because she both hate Xia Ling and Ye Xingling.

19. Pristine Xia

Pristine Xia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did Xia Yu try to somewhat sabotage/defame Ye Xingling's position in the Xia family? Did Xia Yu have some enmity with the current Xia family, apart from how her parents treated her and Xia Ling before?

Whoaa thank you so much!! It was such a long satisfying spoilers:aww::blobxd:

Also, is Xia Ling's brother the doting type?

Aster Anemone and Shinygold13 like this.
  20. Shinygold13

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope. Xia Yu never had the chance because the Xia family is already aware who their daughter is both in the past and the present. She wanted to use the fame of the Xia family but unbeknownst to her she's just an unimportant character and upon disvovering this it further fueled her hate of Xia Ling. The Xia family, especially the main branch, hated Xia Yu even more so when they discovered that most of Xia Ling's suffering stemmed from Xia Yu's machinations and she was punished through family law. Unfortunately, she was able to escape and assisted Su Shi in framing Ye Xingling but was thwarted which led to the re-investigation of Xia Ling's death and etc. as I've spoiled in my messages.

Yep! But because of Xia Ling's disastrous fate, he cannot overly interfere with Xia Ling's life. He and his family loves Xia Ling and even though she's far away and they don't know what's happening with her, they don't stop in missing her, they even buy her presents and put her name in some of their investments because they believe that she will return to their home one day.

One instance of this was when Xia Ling's brother visited Xia Ling because Ye Xingling said during an interview that she misses her brother. This was their second meet-up and then her brother indulged her by shopping with her. Not only that, he left her a card containing her pocket money from the extra income their family generated under Xia Ling's name. To her shock, that pocket money contained 10 billion RMB and Xia Ling's brother said that after she spent it all, just call him and he will gave her some pocket money again.

Lol, this was a funny moment too because Ye Xingling was in the middle of face slapping some ambitious girl wanting to marry Li Lei. This girl thought that Ye Xingling doesn't have any money and had bet that if the card Ye Xingling is holding had money in it, she'll pay Xia Ling thrice the sum. Later on, this girl and her family went bankrupt.

yfndsh, Khadz, DOHere and 8 others like this.