Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Two soul fragments (if I'm not mistaken)

I think he has three fragments (the soul has five segments) and he shaved a tiny bit off of the fragment in charge of "memory"

2. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't need to do God stuff if you can just manipulate a God to do it for you and not all familiar spirits do the familier descent stuff (it's just that they're the most likely to do it), they're like the angels (servant class) if you will, but if he can manipulate Alda properly then he can become aldas "puppet master".

hillo315 likes this.
  3. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Then there is no reason to aim for godhood if Avalon pulled this, better off remaining a living being in this case. And you've just oversimplified with what I stated on Familiar Spirits, with the fact they're also tagged to certain individuals God(s) like or sees promise in.

jubjub3000 likes this.
  4. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    Avalon just wants to become immortal though, and if Alda beats van and co with Avalon plan he would become a God (Alda would try at least)

Avalon is all about the long term goals, if he can do it fast, he may try but if he starts off as a familier spirit (like rodcordes three angels) and slowly creeps his ideas into aldas followers heads, he could do a lot of damage to aldas faction (split them up) or he could get his voice to be heard by Alda himself (if he can't talk to him bent his followers so they talk on his behalf) and without bellwood pulling aldas strings, there just lying there, waiting for someone to pick them up and start getting Alda to dance to the puppet masters tune.

hillo315 likes this.
  5. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Immortality is a focus in Origin as he wants to gain more power while there.

This bit is better off being done while living than being a God/Familiar Spirit, more freedom and if a God who fights Van is dead, what happens to the Familiar Spirit? (Do they get absorbed by another God or do they disappear?)

6. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah there's more freedom in being alive, but if he wants to he can descend on someone in the amid empire and they'll worship the shit out of him (he'll need some gods permition or something but I'm sure he's capable enough to figure this out).

I have no evidence to suggest that the familiar spirits get absorbed by the gods to recover (maybe if they are on the verge of shattering) Gods merge with gods yes, but familiar spirits are just to weak to do anything, I'm sure they are just moved to work under another God, like how phitun was made to work under nineroads by alda, I'm sure that if nineroads didn't need the help managing the wind attribute and let's say mill needed help doing her job, nineroads could transfer some of her underlings to work under mill.

The familiar spirits lives aren't tied to their gods(bosses) and can be transferred to work under a different god(boss) if and whenever needed.

hillo315 likes this.
  7. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm back. Early chapter, huh? And we're almost at page 200...

"Holding his head in his hands" is now perfectly normal for Rodcorte. :blobrofl:

The omnicient narrator pointed out that Rodcorte forgot about advancing Lambda when he went out of his way to kill Van. This is definitely the effect of Abyss Root. We already knew that, but the effect is subtle so it's nice to see it pointed out to us every so often.

I'd tap that, too. :blobtongue:

Why the black color? Stop obscuring meaningful text. This is the spoiler thread!

Fang is now an Orthrus. He's probably going to become a Cerberus someday, and we all saw it coming. Luciliano thinks that because the Cerberus of Earth's myths guarded the underworld, the underworld had perfect security. :blobxd:

Already? Okay. :blobneutral:

■■ン■■■: :blobwhistle:

This will be the silliest thing Van will have ever done. With nothing to learn in a school for novices, Van has no genuine reason for being there. He's better off getting hired as a teacher or something.

By the way, do we know how big the new family member is? He eats rank 10 monsters for breakfast, so he's deadly already. On the other hand, he's a baby. How large is the deadly baby? I must know.

Even the author is considering the idea. No need for a fanfic just yet. Yet.

With Mei involved, I can only see Banda dealing the finishing blow, which means there won't be anything left of Avalon's soul for Rodcorte to fetch.

I find this funny, and I'm not entirely sure why.

He did it, everyone! His dream has finally come true! :blobparty:
    [​IMG]

"No, we can't solve the mystery right away! That wouldn't be dramatic or rewarding enough! We must not tempt fate, etc., etc."

"Come with me if you want to live." :blob_sunglasses::blobokhand:
    "To crush your enemies." :blobdevil::cookie:

"Check and mate. Better luck next life. Oh wait..." :blobowoevil_horns:

This demands a fanfic.

Doesn't that make him a demigod, at least in raw power? :hmm:

I thought the gate guard punched Fang?

I wonder who...

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  8. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link

More along the lines:
    "I'll be back"
    (gets killed and sent off just to come back like the Demonic God he is destined to be :blobpopcorn_cool::blobrofl:)

jemini, Bla8bla and jubjub3000 like this.
  9. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    Woah. I found a thing!
    http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Vandalieu
    Incomplete but still impressive comprehensive data of Van's combat potential. Enjoy!

How did I forget that! It's his most famous line...

No, Van won't die from that. He might fake his death, but he'll never allow himself to die, even though he has several ways of resurrecting himself. Dying means starting all over from scratch, and Van can't afford that.

jemini, Nakakure, Claus and 2 others like this.
  10. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Talking about when he was Undead (when he was killed off)

Mesaphrom and jubjub3000 like this.
  11. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    That makes more sense. When he returns, he can say "I'm back." :blob_sunglasses: And nobody will recognize him.

12. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Judging by how the last mini origin arc was done we might get the start of one within a dozen chapters.

I also think my thing of Civil war between bravers is looking better and better.

13. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm isn't Avalon goal is to become demigod like Van? Van is likely Immortal too if he gained total control of his death attribute.

hillo315, Claus and Mesaphrom like this.
  14. Dumac

Dumac Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The end goal of Avalon is to grow into a God due to his cheat as long as he is ageless. In Lambda that would be more along the lines of Van or Evil Gods than normal native bodyless gods.

Bla8bla, hillo315, Claus and 2 others like this.
  15. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    I would imagine that the kid is coiled up in there, with the tip of the tail going past the head so I wouldn't be surprised if he's 20-25 metres long from tip to tip, and yeah he's a heavy kid.

EDIT

I've hatched a chicken before (About 5 years ago) I believe it took up about 2/3 of the egg, but I couldn't get much of a look at it in the early days due to it being inside it's surrogate mothers feathers all the time, (it did sometime come out though).

16. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The way I tend to think of Rodcorte's failures is that it's more in terms of secondary effects, typically. So if you use a very narrow and very simplistic viewpoint then he doesn't necessarily fail that often - it's just that the overall net effect is to make things worse (often much worse) rather than better. To put it another way, Rodcorte's methods are overly narrow and simplistic (childish) but the failures are broad and complex. So I wouldn't be that surprised if we do in fact see Hiroto kill Avalon - but it won't be directly due to Rodcorte's oracle and instead the situation will develop in complex ways that fall outside of anything Rodcorte contemplated. For example, my previous suggestion that Van spreads Rodcorte's name in Origin as well, further trapping him. We might even see the gods of Origin team up with Van in order to achieve particular aims - since they'd happily get rid of Rodcorte if they could. Later on that could then spread to Earth - ie the gods of Earth see what happened on Origin and want in on that, meaning that Van goes to Earth as well to further shake things up.

On a side note, I'm not sure how keen Van will be to soul break Avalon since he doesn't know what Rodcorte is planning - he would probably not expect Avalon to be especially dangerous. He might consider it to be the "ideal" solution rather than something that is "absolutely required". For example, he might not consider it to be worthwhile if it would overly damage his relationship with Hiroto or others. On the other hand, if Van finds out that Rodcorte actively wants Avalon to die then he might be especially motivated to soul break Avalon.

Without Rodcorte's intervention it might well be harder for Van (or Bander) to convince Hiroto that Rodcorte is dangerous. The reason being is that if Rodcorte effectively makes himself known to Hiroto via an oracle then it makes it clear to him that Rodcorte has a stake in the situation. While Hiroto might appreciate the knowledge in the sense that it could allow him to potentially avoid a bad situation he might not be terribly happy if Rodcorte's basically ordering him to kill Avalon, for example. Without that, Van wouldn't have any real "evidence" for anything he says about Rodcorte to Hiroto.

I think we agree that the most likely overall scenario is that Van and Hiroto will come to some kind of agreement - perhaps not friends but at least cordial enough to work together. On way or another, Avalon is toast. I'd probably be expecting Avalon's soul break more if it wasn't for the multiple bits of foreshadowing for Rodcorte doing something very dangerous with one reincarnator and Avalon in particular.

Knowing Rodcorte, he'd simply avoid the issue by not telling Avalon and/or brainwashing him to some degree. Rodcorte doesn't seem bothered about Avalon achieving immortality on Lambda, so long as he kills Van and enough people who know about him such that Rodcorte can pull out from Lambda. In other words, Rodcorte would happily leave Avalon alive and immortal in an otherwise dead world.

Korleone, Bla8bla, hillo315 and 3 others like this.
  17. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If we consider that a typical demi-god dragon on Lambda is about 100m long (IIRC) then the kid being 1/4 to 1/3 that length at birth perhaps isn't too surprising. And it wouldn't be surprising if Marduke (being a dragon greater god) was significantly bigger than your average demi-god dragon either.

On a side note, given the kanji character used, I'd guess that the kid is more in the shape of an eastern style dragon (long and thin) than a western style dragon.

I'm not sure what's typical for egg size to hatching size for animals on Earth in general, but I think it's reasonable to expect them to be pretty close otherwise breaking out from the egg would be difficult (it would also be energy inefficient if lots of resources are "wasted"). Unfortunately we got no feedback on what's typical for dragons on Lambda, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. 1 month incubation time seems rather short though - on Earth, that's something that would be more typical of a small lizard rather than something large, I believe. Large birds definitely take longer (like 2 months).

18. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, rodcord is sick, being a true immortal in a world that can no longer support life, now that is hell if I ever heard of one.

I have to disagree with this one, because Van will be able to spread vidas teachings to young nobles.

hillo315 and Mesaphrom like this.
  19. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    A chicken egg takes around 21 days.

Ok thanks, do those dragons have arms and legs or are they basically just giant flying serpents with a big mane, (do they have the general shape of the fire dragons in "atla"?

hillo315 and Claus like this.