Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Isekai07

Isekai07 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm late but YAY 200!

hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  2. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    your not late if its still on page 200.

Reman Scimitar, Isekai07 and hillo315 like this.
  3. LokiTheAccursed

LokiTheAccursed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that was fast

hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  4. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Grats on Pg 200 folks (yeah, I know I'm late to the party but still).

-Continuation-

*Avalon watches the news*

*turns television off and walks to bedroom to change trousers*

*Amemiya Household*

*Hiroto and Narumi watches the news*

"Hey Narumi, can I see Mei's picture and also bring Mei here for a second."

Doubt Bander will be killed off like that, most likely will be absorbed with complications or left as Mei's Panda bear lol.

5. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can only imagine the grossest panda I've ever thought about

6. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Your welcome :blobpopcorn_cool::blobowoevil_horns::blobrofl:

jubjub3000 likes this.
  7. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Your name always at my notification fufu

hillo315 likes this.
  8. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup.

Van has mellowed out a lot about Hiroto but at one point he probably viewed him similarly as Heinz - a self-styled "hero of justice" who has caused him harm. Not only did Hiroto kill Van back on Origin, because of his carelessness the other research subjects (who later became 8th Guidance) were experimented on again after Van had saved them. And then Hiroto and Narumi seemingly named their son after Van's name on Earth. Which is part of the reason why Van has some complaints about these two. In addition, Hiroto hates death attribute magic.

However, for Mei's sake Van will protect Hiroto for now and might even be willing to make him some magical equipment.

PS Completely different subject but I had a flash of inspiration. Van plans to go to the special adventurer training school at the center of the Orbaume Kingdom. For him it's probably more of a personal goal rather than a practical goal. Eg to have some happy school days rather than what he experienced back on Earth.

Normally you'd expect everyone there to be strangers but I bet that if Van goes it'll turn out Selen goes too (perhaps a coincidence, perhaps not). She's pretty much the same age (slightly younger I believe) and the "daughter" of a famous adventurer and (like Van) an honorary noble dhampir. So if one can go then they both should be able to go.

Claus, jubjub3000, hillo315 and 4 others like this.
  9. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It being for personal gain is pretty much a given at this point, no one is gonna get between him and his school arc:blob_grin:. Would anyone in Heinz side actually allow her to attend though? I doubt Heinz would like for Selen to attend a school for adventurers (though I remember it being mentioned it also worked as a normal school) or let her go to a place he knows the famous dhampir who have a grudge against him to attend? Or even his attedants, at least one of them knows that Van is more inteligent that others may think and that is purposly avoinding Selen. Then again Heinz may just send her knowing he would not attack he who is innocent and have nothing to do with Darcia's murder and he may think that in would be hard for him to do something in the imperial capital. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, yeah right, Van will become the shadow owner of the capital in a week:blobowoevil_horns:

jemini, Claus, Bla8bla and 3 others like this.
  10. Isekai07

Reading List:
    Link
    It'd be so cool if Van made or Banda became a symbiote-like armor for Hiroto or Druid.

Like this:

jubjub3000, Mesaphrom and hillo315 like this.
  11. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    Heinz and co have been in that dungeon for about 2 years now. While they're near the end, because a bunch of levels were destroyed by Van, that also means that they couldn't progress smoothly because the gap between their current power and their opponents is too big. In other words, normally it would have taken them far longer to get to the point they are at now and they would have been much stronger by that time - the fight with Van happened when they were about half-way through. So Heinz and co are likely to stuck in there for a lot longer... I think. Long story short, I wouldn't necessarily assume that Heinz is going to have any input on what happens to Selen in the next year or so. Even if he does it might not matter.

Regarding Selen and this special adventurer school - I think it's likely that Selen would want to go. We've already seen that while she is sheltered and naive she is willing to be pro-active (eg contacting Van). Given what happened to her and given that she idealises Heinz, it's quite likely that she would want to do her bit - that she doesn't simply want to sit at home and do nothing. Note - this is independent of what Van would be doing.

So, would her current guardians be willing to allow her to go? I think it's quite reasonable. It should be a safe area in general - safer than where she currently is. The only real danger from their point of view would be Alda extremists, same as now. It would probably be safer in general apart from the fact that some pupils might be a danger to her, but they shouldn't be too much of a threat. The current adventurers who are protecting her could join the school as combat instructors, for example, which would make it easier for them to protect her against other students if required. In other words, it shouldn't be obviously dangerous for Selen to attend. I'd also suggest that any rational adult should be supportive of this - it would be bad to keep Selen wrapped in cotton wool and even if she doesn't become an adventurer, combat training would at least serve as self-defence. It would be good for Selen to interact with other children as well. In short, you'd need a really compelling reason (I believe) to stop Selen from going if she wanted to and those around her might even encourage her to apply in the first place.

Regarding Selen and Van both attending: I'd say this is likely to be an unexpected for both - they might not even find out until they start attending, or only just before. I think this is reasonable because this is not some hick school that you can simply turn up and join. It's the number one adventurer school for the entire Orbaume Kingdom. It's for children of nobles who are "spare" (ie 3rd in line or more), children of important adventurers or people born with special skills. It's very high grade and expensive - they even have A rank adventurers there as teachers. In other words, while it is technically an adventurers school (and the contents are pretty much the same) it's basically a luxurious adventurers school. This should also make it expensive and complex to join - you'd need a full background check and also probably prove you can pay. It's also possible that the school only accepts new entrants at particular times of the year, so that everyone is on a similar skill level in their year/grade. In other words, based on these reasonable expectations, it wouldn't be that big a coincidence if Van and Selen happen to apply to join the same school year and start attending the school at the same time.

Claus, Bla8bla, jubjub3000 and 5 others like this.
  12. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did they mention an age limit? Its possible for the Hartner girl to go as well?

13. Isekai07

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do I get the feeling that Van is going to see a Vida-race member getting bullied by anti-monster noble students, proceed to "naturally" save said member, only to have this be Van's and Selen's first encounter?

EDIT:
    Regarding the age, I think I recall it being 10 years old minimum, but you can only be G-Class or something (forgot what G-Class does).

14. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    Point taken. And for all I said about the guardians not wanting Selen to met Van, they have not way of actually knowing he wants to attend, The communication speed between dukedoms is horrible after all and I doubt it woud really be something that would be speeched of so openly. Woud it be funny to see Van trapped as a shoujo manga protagonist with Selem as the FeMC or would it be creppy? 'Cause I can't get these image of Selem being bulied and Van grumpily defending her...

Claus, hillo315, jubjub3000 and 2 others like this.
  15. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    15 in the Empire and 10 in the Kingdom, must be able to read, write and do basic arithmetics, must be a 'people', not be a salve of any kind, those are the requirements for registration as an adventurer. For the school the registree must attend if they want to register in the guild and are minors (which is why Van wanted to attend originally), the usual rules also apply and are temporarily registered as a G Rank adventurers to take simple requests. Hartner Girl was 5 during her first appearance and is about 7 and the present, since Van was 8 when he wanted (in Hartner they changed the age minimum) to attend it should be possible for her to attend too unless the imperial school have a higher age requirement.

Claus, hillo315, Bla8bla and 2 others like this.
  16. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can already see this turning into a more nightmarish version of Sophia's otome game reverse harem school life over in Kumo. :blobastonished: Because kids tend to be much more emotionally volatile than adults, the destruction part of Van's guidance starts inadvertently guiding large portions of the student body. Van brainwashes his teachers to ignore Gufadgarn and others sneaking out from his shadow like he brainwashed those doctors last chapter to ignore Mei's test results. Van turns a teacher who died in an unrelated incident into a zombie so the school doesn't have to shut down.

Also pretty clear that Selen and Van interacting is the last thing anyone in the cast (other than maybe Selen?) wants at this point. Which is exactly why it should happen. :blobowoevil_horns:

Claus, hillo315, Bla8bla and 4 others like this.
  17. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Especially when she keeps telling Van to please forgive Heinz every day or try to start a conversation talking about his past.

jubjub3000 and Mesaphrom like this.
  18. SnowDorian

SnowDorian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Selen does not know anything about the past, the two new members of Heinz's group only learned when he won the title of "Saint Killer" already in Alda's dungeon...

hillo315, Bla8bla and jubjub3000 like this.
  19. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    If either of them find out in advance of attending school it would probably only after they've moved into the area where the school is (the central administrative region of the Kingdom). ie would be kinda too late by then already. Unless for some reason Selen decides to write to Van to say she's going to that school.

According to the 11th arc character summary Katie Hartner (aka Kay McKenzie aka Uruz on Origin) is 4 years old and it's been about 2 months in-world since then. She was born at about the same time as the two other reincarnator kids who came up to Van to confess a few chapters ago.

I wouldn't be surprised if the posh school has a higher age requirement either. Would make sense - normally kids would only become adventurers very young if they're desperate for survival.

Such a delicious parody. Hopefully the LN will have a more in-depth version... (next volume should be the start)

The Great Demon King goes to school. He's Mostly Harmless (tm). Honest.

If we presume that most of the humans there will be Alda believers (pretty likely) then I think it'll be a while before he starts Guiding larger numbers (ie until he starts ruling the school from the shadows). But there should be a few Vida believers at least - some of the Orbaume Kingdom duchies are run by Vida believers, though they're probably small. Selen would probably be hard to Guide. Will be interesting to see how it all works out.

What Van wanted - rose coloured luxury school life. What Van got - bitter-sweet salad days in a world gone mad. Hopefully there's clear differences between the male and female uniforms, otherwise Van might be mistaken for a girl :blobsmirk:

I can totally see Van saving Selen after she gets picked on / bullied by some others. Only to quickly leave while saying little. So Selen thinks he's shy / tsundere :blobmelt: Given that Selen wrote to Van about meeting him, I think she would be happy to see him.

To be more precise, she has some suspicions that something happened because of things she overheard but has no real details at all.

Mesaphrom, Claus, hillo315 and 3 others like this.
  20. SnowDorian

SnowDorian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Van is easily attached to people, probably it will happen between him and Selen, with him helping her to get stronger to defend herself, I do not think and I do not want Selen trying to make Van forgive Heinz, when she matures him enough to understand the situation must understand the depth of Van's emotions and also that her fortune was born of Van's disgrace, she would become a pedantic character if she kept trying stupidly to force a reconsiliation knowing the whole story...