Novel My Job in Another World is Cheater

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Wahyu123, Jul 26, 2018.

1. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Fair enough. I guess it does convey the information "he's pretty garbage as a member of society" a bit better than shut-in.

2. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    The gained CP will be multiplied by 1 times.

Isn't 1 x 1 still 1?

3. Wahyu123

Wahyu123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yep

4. Wahyu123

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 2-Finally, I've Found A Town

[Haah.........Haah.........](Saito)

I've been walking for so long on this direction and yet there isn't even a sight of a town, or a village, or a castle. What was that? How long exactly? How should I know, I'm always bad at things like guessing time and guessing distance of the road. Well, the only good thing I know right now is that I finally know how to get CP. How come, you ask? Well, apparently after I started to walk on the direction I chose, suddenly a window appear in front of me saying quest. And the quest is to find a town. As for the reward, I will get 5 CP.

[So tired,....feet hurts,.....thirsty,.....I don't want to walk anymore.](Saito)

'Dammit, I guess my 0 luck is no kidding at all. Should I use my CP to increase my luck or get a map? ....................... Nuh-uh, no way, that will just be plain idiotic.'(Saito)

[So tired,....feet hurts,.....thirsty.....](Saito)

While continuing my complains, I still force myself to walk. After all, if this goes on, sleeping while watching beautiful stars in the night sky will be the least of my worries. Just after thinking that, I see some silhouettes which look like people far ahead in front of me. Because of this, I'm quite happy since I finally have a better chance to get into the nearest place with people. So with that said, I quickly run into their direction with all my strength.

And yet, after I finally able to see them more clearly I have come to a conclusion it is better not to do it. Why you ask? Because they're scary as hell. I see one of them carry a sword, another carry an axe, and their body is quite big and muscular. Obviously, they are adventurer. What? Do you think I'm afraid because they carry weapons and have big bodies? Of course it's not just that. First of all, one of them has a mohawk hair like in Hokuto no Ken, one also has a big scar on his face. Let me put it in simpler terms, they totally look like thugs and yakuzas.

Don't judge a book by its' cover you say? of course, it is easy for you to say that. Don't forget, this is a world which is based on middle age Europe, which means killing is a common thing. That's why I'm scared because if they are bad adventurers there are only bad conclusions I will get if I ask them. One, I will be killed. Two, I will be beaten up until almost half dead. Three, they will make me into a slave and try to sell me. That's why I decided not to ask for directions from them.

Anyway, back to my condition right now. They're already quite close in front of me, since it's like this I should just go pass by them as normal as possible and full of confident. And, it actually worked. I managed to bypass them unscathed and managed to get a few glance back at them. There is something weird though. They look at me for a few seconds and continue walking while talking to each other. The problem is how they look at me for that few seconds. One of them looked at me with pity while another one looked down at me like mocking me. I wonder why? Well, no use thinking about it.

I should get back to walking. But, now that I think about it again. Those adventurers, they have quite a messy appearance like they had just done some work. After that, I quickly look back and I still see the silhouette of those adventurers.

[They might be heading to a town or a village. I should follow them from afar.](Saito)

With my new course of action has been decided, I do just that and walk on the long path that I had treaded once again. God Damn.

After following those adventurers for a while. I've finally see a big castle far ahead and a queue of people who try to go pass the gate. Then, a window appear in front of me.

------------------------------------
    You have gained 5 CP.

Finally, I've found a town.

--------------------------------------------------
    Name: Sawada Saito
    Race: Human
    Level: 1
    Job: Cheater
    HP:25/25
    MP:10/10
    STR:4
    VIT:2
    DEX:2
    AGI:4
    INT:7
    WIS:6
    LUC:0

Cheat Points(CP):16
    Skill Points(SP):10
    Skill:
    Cheat:
    Create Cheat LV.EX
    Passive:
    Hand to Hand Combat LV.1
    Intuition LV.1
    Cooking LV.1
    Mathematics LV.2
    Chemistry LV.1
    Spirit Language LV.3
    Ancient Language LV.1
    Magic Programming LV.2
    Singing LV.1
    Music Instrument LV.1

Title:
    The One Who Cheats
    Another World Traveller

A.N: Thank you everyone for reading this series. I think from this chapter I will always show MC's status on the end of chapter to make things easier.

5. AndrewReads

AndrewReads Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You could make a cheat like Instant Mastery?

6. Wahyu123

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, let’s see later, my friend

7. AndrewReads

Reading List:
    Link
    OK. Can't wait for next chapter.

8. Wahyu123

Reading List:
    Link
    [*Sigh*.......You know, if you're gonna lie, then at least use more believable lie like you're attacked by a demon beast or bandits.](Guard A)

[But it's the truth though.](Saito)

Hello everyone, Sawada Saito here. Right now, I'm standing in front of the capital's gate while being interrogated by the guard and trying to convince him. What happened you ask? Well, let me give a summary of what happened until my current condition as short as possible.

So, after I gain 5 CP from completing the quest to find a town. As a sensible person of course I've decided I will enter the town. After that, a notification window appear in front of me again just like always and show me a new quest. The new quest objective is to enter the town. And for this I will get 5 CP again. Eh? How come I know it's the capital you ask? Well, that's because there is a big castle which can be seen from afar just like what I said before. Anyway, moving on.

When I reached the capital's gate. I join the queue to get into the city, then I see people show something like a card to the guard and give the guard some coins. In every light novels I usually read, the card is definitely used for identification, as for the coins, they are used to pay the taxes to enter the city. Why am I making comparison of that situation with light novels you ask? That's because I don't understand what these people are talking about since they didn't speak in any language which I know. Anyway, back to the point, if it's like this, there is a huge possibility I can't go into the city, but from the experience I get from reading an isekai genre light novel, if I suddenly get out from the queue, I will definitely cause the guard to be suspicious of me. Which light novel is it?Well, I'll just give you one hint. The main character is ugly. Let's move on.

[Hmmmmm........Alright, let's do this. ](Saito)

After thinking for a while, I've decided to learn a skill using my skill point. After I fiddle with the menu with my mind to get to the window to learn skill. The window shows me so many skills. Since it's too troublesome , I try to think about the skill I want to learn. After that, the window automatically move and highlight the skill I want to learn. So, of course I proceed to learn it.

[[Reivalica Language]] Lv.1
    The language used by every people in this world.

[Ooooooo....](Saito)

After learning the skill, I suddenly can understand what people in front of me and behind me talking about. After that, I hear two people behind me talking.

[Hey, look, this is the first time I see an undefined.](Person A)

[Yeah, me too.](Person B)

When I make an eye contact with those people, they quickly look away. From their reaction, it's obvious they're definitely talking about me, huh? But, what exactly is this undefined? Oh well, I 'll just check it out later after I manage to go inside the town.

'Still, the name of this world is Reivalica, huh.'(Saito)

Suddenly, the guard in front of the gate shouts.

[Next](Guard A)

Now, it's my turn. When the guard see me, he suddenly looked surprised for a moment. Then, he change to a normal expression again and says.

[Show me your identification card and the taxes are 1 silver coin](Guard A)

See, as I thought. I quickly reply with a lie I have prepared from long ago when I was still imagining this kind of situation happened to me in the previous world.

[Sorry, but right now, I can't show my identification card and cannot pay the taxes since I got into an accident before I get here.](Saito)

[Accident?](Guard A)

[Yes, you see, I'm actually on an errand before I got here. And since the errand is just near the village, I thought it'll be alright not to bring my identification card and money. But while working on the errand, I suddenly lost consciousness. After that, I'm already at an open field near here.](Saito)

You might think this sounded a little too idiotic to use as an excuse. But, there is also another reason. I used this excuse because I want to check whether there is a possibility for another person from another world also come to this world. Of course I can't completely sure 100%, but at the very least I also can find out whether a person who come from another world is a common thing or not in this world. Sure this is a bit of a gamble, but I say this is worth it.

[*Sigh*.......You know, if you're gonna lie, then at least use more believable lie like you're attacked by a demon beast or bandits.](Guard A)

[But it's the truth though.](Saito)

I say that while making an innocent expression as best as I can. Suddenly another guard come closer.

[Hey, what's wrong?](Guard B)

Suddenly, another guard come here.

'Uuughhhh....., don't be nervous, don't be nervous. Maintain my poker face.'(Saito)

[This kid said he doesn't have any money and also no identification card to enter the city because while doing an errand near his village he suddenly lost consciousness and when he woke up he's already in an open field near here.](Guard A)

[What kind of excuse is that? Well whatever, just take him to the crystal ball for a check and give him temporary identification then. After all, he's just an undefined.](Guard B)

There it is again. What exactly is this 'undefined'? Still, I'm amazed how this guard can be so irresponsible. But right now, I should just shut up since this is actually helpful for me.

[Alright, alright. Kid, follow me.](Guard A)

[Okay.](Saito)

After that, I follow the guard and go inside a room.There's only a crystal ball in the middle of the room. Wait. This pattern.... This is usually the pattern which they used that crystal ball to find out whether one a criminal or not and also shows the status.

'W-well, it should be alright. After all, I haven't killed anything since I came to this world and my status is also a complete trash. Yeah, I'm sure I'll be alright.'(Saito)

While I'm convincing myself that everything will be alright, the guard suddenly said to me.

[Kid, place your hand on the crystal ball.](Guard A)

[A-Alright.](Saito)

After I place my hand on the crystal ball, the crystal ball shines in a blue light.

'W-Well, blue light should means good right? I mean, it's a calm color and besides it's the color of water. Also in RPG and light novel, usually it still means good thing. Mm. It'll be alright. Definitely.'(Saito)

I convinced myself again while connecting the light's color with anything good I can think of. Then the crystal ball shows something like a window.

'Hooooh..... Yep, as I thought it shows my status. But, that's weird....'(Saito)

The window do shows my status. But it only shows my name, age and level. It doesn't show anything like my STR, and others.

[Wait, you're 24? I thought you're still 15 since you look really young and small. Hm? Seriously, what the hell are you doing all this time with your life? Even for me, this is the first time I see an undefined with level 1.]

[Ah...haha](Saito)

Ah, those eyes. Those are the eyes of someone who is looking at a useless person in front of him. Uuugghh, as I thought those stares are still painful no matter how much one get used to it.

[Anyway, here's your temporary license. This will lets you stay for 10 days. After 10 days, the card will be useless so make sure to already have an identification card before that or you can renew it for 50 copper coins. If you got found out still staying in the town after 10 days, you'll be immediately thrown out of the city. Understand?](Guard A)

[Eh? Y-yes](Saito)

Apparently, that is all for the check. Well, that was fast. Still, I never thought I got some useful information. To think, the only important information from my status which the crystal ball shown is only my level. I wonder why.

'Hmmmmm...... Well, let's just look into it later.'(Saito)

I've decided to just think about this later since I still don't have enough information. Anyway, for now, I should ask something more important to the guard.

[Um.... Excuse me, can you tell me a place where I can get money from doing a request like picking herbs or killing monsters?](Saito)

[Do you mean adventurer's headquarter?.........Well, it's not my business to stop you. If you want to go to the adventurer's headquarter, just follow this road and go straight, the headquarter is a big building with three swords on top of a shield as a symbol](Guard A)

[Okay. Thank you very much for your help](Saito)

[Sure. Don't die alright. Also, welcome to Chrestalia, the capital of Chrestalia Kingdom.](Guard A)

The guard said it with a smile.

Alright, with this I'm finally managed to enter the capital. Though, there are some problematic things like what to do about my identification after 10 days and why they call me undefined and also why the crystal ball only shows almost useless information like that. For now, I'll just think about those things later and find the headquarter first then register as an adventurer and take some quests.

Then, once again a notification appeared.

You have gained 5 CP.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NEW QUEST!!!!
    Quest:Adventurer's HQ
    Objective: Find Adventurer's HQ and register as an adventurer.
    Reward:8 CP
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And with this, I'm finally in the capital.

Cheat Points(CP):21
    Skill:
    Cheat:
    Create Cheat LV.EX
    Passive:
    Hand to Hand Combat LV.1
    Intuition LV.1
    Cooking LV.1
    Mathematics LV.2
    Chemistry LV.1
    Reivalica Language LV.1
    Spirit Language LV.3
    Ancient Language LV.1
    Magic Programming LV.2
    Singing LV.1
    Music Instrument LV.1

Title:
    The One Who Cheats
    Another World Traveller

A.N: Whew, this time I did many changes and the story for this chapter is kinda longer than before. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy reading this.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  9. Wahyu123

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 4-I've Arrived At The HQ

[So, this is HQ, huh?](Saito)

I've finally reached the HQ after walking for a while in the direction the guard told me. What is HQ, you ask? Well, it's adventurer's headquarter. Since it is too troublesome to say it, I've decided to shorten it as HQ. Anyway, moving on.

[Here I go](Saito)

With that, I go into the HQ.

I thought I will feel moved after I went through the door since I will see some similar scene just like in games. But instead, I'm scared. Again. Why you ask? Because right after I open the door I see so many adventurers are looking at me. I wonder if this is just my imagination, but when I try to look around the people who see me, why is it I only see muscular men with scary face? Don't tell me that in this world there is no beautiful girl adventurer. I mean, to be in the same party with a beautiful girl and then become lover after going through so many adventure is one of the main reason why I want to be an adventurer in the first place. Ah, no. After I look around again more carefully, there are adventurer girls here, it's just that the scary muscular men's bodies are blocking the girls from my view.

Well, in this situation if I suddenly get out of the HQ, I will definitely be looked down next time. So, I have no choice now but to push through.

[Let's see....](Saito)

First of all, I try to find something like the quest board. Why did I try to find it? That is because I will use it for one of my reasoning if an adventurer pick a fight with me. I mean, many people said I'm an undefined then look at me with either pitiful eyes or mocking eyes. That's why I came to a conclusion, in this world there are people who are categorized as undefined and they are ridiculously weak and useless. Thus, because people think I'm this undefined thing, there is a big possibility an adventurer will pick a fight with me when I say I want to become an adventurer. Anyway, moving on.

After looking around a little more, I see some people in front of a board. So, I quickly go to the board and as I thought, there are many papers which shows pictures of monsters and herbs. Luckily, even though I still can't read anything at all, I still can read the alphabets. And since in every papers there are one alphabet in big size, I'm sure that shows the rank of the adventurers which are allowed to take the quests. Of course, it is possible that this world might be using different system, but I've decided to just YOLO since it's too much of a pain in the ass to think about it.

After I'm done looking at some quest papers, I go to the counter. And fortunately, the receptionists in the counters are just like what I hope for. They are beautiful and cute girls. Among the girls I see in the counter, I see one girl who is the most beautiful, so of course I go there. After all if you don't register as an adventurer at the counter with beautiful receptionists then you are not a man. And with that, once again I'm standing in a queue line.

After waiting for around 30 minutes maybe? It's finally my turn.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Current Status:

Cheat Points(CP):21
    Skill:
    Cheat:
    Create Cheat LV.EX
    Passive:
    Hand to Hand Combat LV.1
    Intuition LV.1
    Cooking LV.1
    Mathematics LV.2
    Chemistry LV.1
    Reivalica Language LV.1
    Spirit Language LV.3
    Ancient Language LV.1
    Magic Programming LV.2
    Singing LV.1
    Music Instrument LV.1

Title:
    The One Who Cheats
    Another World Traveller
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unfinished Quest:
    Quest:Adventurer's HQ
    Objective: Find Adventurer's HQ and register as an adventurer.
    Reward:8 CP
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.N: I'm sorry if this chapter is too boring. orz

10. nothinsnew

nothinsnew Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dropped?

11. Wahyu123

Reading List:
    Link
    Never thought there's someone whose still reading this, I've decided I'll continue this

12. Wahyu123

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 5- Become an Adventurer

[Welcome to the Adventurer’s Headquarter Chrestalia Branch, How may I help you?](Counter Girl)

‘Cute’(Saito)

That is the first thing came to my mind when she greet me with those deadly cute smile. It’s amazing just how cute his girl can be. Her face which is even cuter than every idols I’ve ever seen in the previous world. Her big shiny eyes which has a green color just like emerald. Her long brown hair reach until about her waist. And what’s even more amazing, are of course. Those boobs which is so big to the point it makes me think it felt so soft just by looking at them. Can’t explain exact size since I don’t really understand about boobs size. In the first place, the only thing I know about boobs size is that from E to the upper is heavy weight class.

[Um…, excuse me? Are you alright?](Counter Girl)

[Huha. Ah, I-I’m fine.](Saito)

That was bad. Without realizing it, I’ve been ogling her.

[I see, that’s a relief.](Counter Girl)

The girl said while sighing relief. She looks like a good person. For her to be worrying about me. What’s more, she’s not looking at me with the usual gaze.

[So, how may I help you today?](Counter Girl)

Oops. Almost got lost in thought again. Better get to business now, before she thinks of me as some kind of weirdo.

[Yes, actually I want to register as an adventurer.](Saito)

I said that while putting on my best smile and using a voice full of confidence. But then, I hear many laughters. When I look around, I see many people are laughing. And when I try to look at the girl, she’s looking at me with a worried expression.

This gotta be that. No doubt about it.

They are looking down on me.

When I think about it, my body is quite small compared to normal men which I had seen while on the way here. What’s more, I even get rid of any facial hair and excess body hair when creating my new body, I’m sure because of that I look even more like a weak little kid. What’s more, I ‘m sure this also has something to do with me having black hair. Well, I just hope this won’t turn ugly since right now, I really am nothing more but a weakling. Then, the girl at the counter say to me with a serious expression and with sharp eyes.

[I’m sorry to say this, but I think it’s better if you stop. You might hear from people that working as an adventure is easy money. While that is true, the fact that adventuring is a dangerous job is also true and if you make just a small mistake you might even lose your life. What’s more you are an undefined.](Counter Girl)

Yep. She really is a good girl, she’s even not holding anything back so that I won’t die, though I think she’s being a little too nosy. Anyway, it really as I thought. It looks like being undefined really is equal as weakling. But, right now, I can’t back down. Let’s try pushing it without creating too much havoc so I won’t get into a problem.

[From the way you’re saying it, it looks like there is no rule about preventing anyone from becoming an adventurer. Besides, from what I’ve heard a new adventurer should’ve start from the lowest rank right? And I heard the job for lowest rank adventurers are usually more like chores.](Saito)

I said that while trying to sound logical as much as I can.

[That maybe so, but just like what I said before adventuring is-](Counter Girl)

Now. I’ll do the finishing touch here.

[Yes, I understand about that dangerous part. But unfortunately, my condition right now doesn’t really give me any other choice, so I’m sorry for troubling you, but I need to do this, so please let me register as an adventurer.](Saito)

I said those words while lowering my head. Then the girl became flustered.

[W-wait, please. There is no need to bow your head.](Counter Girl)

[I’m sorry, I know I’m troubling you, but please. I really need to become and adventurer.](Saito)

Then. Silence. There hasn’t been anyone saying anything for, I wonder how long I have to keep my position like this.

[(Sigh)…I understand](Counter Girl)

Hearing the girl said that, I raised my head while putting on my best happy face and said.

[Thank you very much. Really, I’m so sorry for troubling you like this.](Saito)

I then lowered my head again so I look more sincere to others.

[It’s no problem already, so please stop lowering your head.](Counter Girl)

The girl said while getting flustered again. The I raised my head and the girl sigh with relief.

[Then, please tell me you name, age, and your birthplace. I’ll fill in the form for you.](Counter Girl)

She said that while placing a form on the table while dipping a feather in an ink. As expected from fantasy. Anyway, I tell her what she asked. It is funny seeing her surprised face when I told her that I’m actually 24 years old and actually older than her. Then, as for the place I just said that I used to live in a forest with my family. Then told the rest of the story just like what I told the guard. She felt a little suspicious at first. But, then she dropped it.

[Now that the form is done. Next, please place your hand on this crystal ball.](Counter Girl)

The girl told me. Then I place my hand on the crystal ball. Then, just like with the guard it shows my name, age, and level. But the difference this time, it showed my job. And my job is shown as undefined. So, this undefined is actually my job status. Well, in a novel usually people will think it means something like I don’t have a job while normally, they should have one. Then, after that the crystal ball’s stand let out some kind of a card. Then the girl give the card to me.

[That card is your identity card as an adventurer. So please make sure you don’t lose it since you will be fined for losing it.](Counter Girl)

[I understand.](Saito)

[Alright, with that. Congratulations on becoming an adventurer, Saito-san](Counter Girl)

[Yes, thank you very much. Um…, now that I think about it, I still haven’t know your name.](Saito)

[Oh, that’s right. Hahaha. My name is Fiona.](Counter Girl)

She said that while smiling.

Cute.

[I-I see. Thank you very much Fiona-san.](Saito)

I said with a little stutter.

[You’re welcome. Ah, but first, I will explain to you about Adventurer’s rule okay? So please listen properly.](Fiona)

[I understand.](Saito)

Then a notification appeared just like always.

You have gained 8 CP.

NEW QUEST!!!!
    Quest: Rule of Adventurer
    Objective: Listen properly to Fiona while she’s explaining the rule.
    Reward: 2 CP

* Asking questions related to Fiona’s explanation will give you 2 CP.(0/3)

Well, guess I’ll have to listen the explanation properly like this. Anyway, It's a good thing I’ve managed to register without any trouble.

Cheat Points(CP):29
    Skill:
    Cheat:
    Create Cheat LV.EX
    Passive:
    Hand to Hand Combat LV.1
    Intuition LV.1
    Cooking LV.1
    Mathematics LV.2
    Chemistry LV.1
    Reivalica Language LV.1
    Spirit Language LV.3
    Ancient Language LV.1
    Magic Programming LV.2
    Singing LV.1
    Music Instrument LV.1

Title:
    The One Who Cheats
    Another World Traveller

A.N: I.AM.BACK!!!(*du-dun*du-dun*du-dun). Wonder if I write it right. Anyway, long time no see. I’m really sorry because it has been like forever since the last time I update. As for my excuse, I can only give one simple and short excuse. I lost my motivation. I’m sorry. Seriously, I’m sorry about this. Anyway, I got my motivation back, so here we go again. And as always, thank you for reading this and please leave your comment if you wanna say something or anything at all. Adios.

13. AndrewReads

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome back! I hope you will continue at least in Forum or another website. Lemme know!

14. Wahyu123

Reading List:
    Link
    Amen. I too really hope I can keep continuing this series