Discussion Why Don't Female Enemies Die in Xianxia Novels?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by birdboy01, Dec 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. birdboy01

birdboy01 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For some odd reason. Whenever the MC comes across a shitty enemy that is a female, she is either still alive or somehow their relationship becomes improved?

Which is straight-up BS, because the female enemies always do the worst compared to their men counter-parts. If that was man who attempted to kill, torture, etc., to the MC. They would be dead in the chapter afterwards.

2. CyberCypher

CyberCypher Air Breather

Reading List:
    Link
    One word:
    Harem

3. LtBeefy

LtBeefy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. The MC obviously thinks with his 2nd head
    2. Novels always view females as weaker and as MC is male he is to good to lower himself to kill the female. He will at most cripple them
    3. Sexism is rife

Varno and Arexio like this.
  4. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    Double standards. Most male MCs don’t think with their brains. It’s just another person to add to their harem.

You know a novel is promising if the MC is willing to kill or severe ties with a female villian or seemingly potential (bad) love interest.

I’ve seen too many arrogant young masters. Why can’t there be more arrogant young mistresses? Guess I’ll read a novel with a female protagonist instead.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    Arexio likes this.
  5. Young Master Yang

Young Master Yang Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you read God Of Slaughter yet?
    The MC raped the female enemy and killed her afterward

6. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read xianxia MCs killing people left and right regardless of gender and age, just because they are enemies/ related to the enemy. This I feel more real than stupid sexism.
    i recall reading a JP novel call "Goddess Blessing, No Way" or something along the line. People are pissed that the MC went to kill the young mistress after MC had killed the assassin she sent. Which is kinda funny, because people are stating lines like "she is weak", "young and naive" and "can be forgiven" . Funny story, she was still thinking about how to murder MC and co horribly while the assassin was in for the kill.

7. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Goddamn it Richard

8. Eklair

Eklair Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Usually if the female is described are jade like skin and such with almost a chapter full of description about her beauty then she wont be killed usually, if she is then it's super rare.
    Li Qiye is an exception, to him it's just a bag of skin.

9. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link
    Not all are safe from the MCs sword of Divine justice <_<
    And no that's not a euphemism

10. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Cause their skin is made out of freaking jade! That makes them as durable as steel! Men are more squishy and easier to kill.

Archaic pickle likes this.
  11. Panzaro

Panzaro It's just mayonnaise~

Reading List:
    Link
    Soveriegn of the Three Realms MC spent over 600 chapters just to kill a bitch, It takes a lot of effort to kill them than just bed the fuckers.

swordman009 and Archaic pickle like this.
  12. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    because of Harem mentality

13. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    For as long as humans existed, women get more protections as it come down to this fact, women generally have one child at a time, where as men can breed with as many women as possible.

Women are important to the continued survival of society.

14. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel as though I’ve seen plenty of women die? Although the only ones I can think of off the top of my head are “This Way of Transmigration Is Definitely Wrong!” And “The Scum Villain’s Self-Saving System” and “The Legendary Master’s Wife” and “My Disciple Died Yet Again” and “Side Character Transmigrations: The Final Boss is No Joke”

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  15. vancenick

vancenick Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why kill them when you can bone them

16. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Because All You Need Is Kill.

Sorry, had to do the title drop,

Tried so hard to resist too.

17. Redmi

Redmi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In God Emperor, the females with plumpier breasts are more likely to get killed. Men and younger females are more likely to survive.

18. Hacalyhd

Hacalyhd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To put it in D&D terms:

Xianxia MC's (and males/character's in general) have abysmal wisdom save scores, making it nearly impossible to succeed in a save against a charm attack (unless they're in a Rage maybe).
    So unless the woman in question is in a rage, which makes it impossible to charm someone, she has a 95% chance to survive.

IMO, the main reason for this development is, that the standard xianxia character puts all their points into Strength, Dexterity and/or Constitution. Some (selected few) may invest in Charisma as well, while those who raise Intelligence are rare, and people who put points into wisdom basically non-existent.

19. tamsok

tamsok Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That just makes it worse. I don't see any pleasure in reading mcs who enjoys torturing or raping their "victims" before killing them. well there is nothing wrong with it if the mc is somewhat twisted but if the mc is sane then that is just despicable. Killing people quick and cold either if they are man or woman equally in xianxia is rare.

20. forecast

forecast [Batoto Veteran] [sakurahana veteran]

Reading List:
    Link
    Madecme remember imperial god emperor.
    The mcs childhood friend who ditched the mc to mix with the high crowd kept doing a lot of things to hinder and defame the mc. If she is in the chapter she is adding trouble for the mc. And the mc just left her be.
    Mc:"oh she is plotting to kill me using the elders greed for my treasures, oh well she is still my junior."
    Mc:"she wants to get my main fm in trouble because of me, oh well i will just save her"

I hated her much more than flay from gundam. More because at least flay provided pleasure for kira and later matured of her hatred but the girl in IGE never learned even when the mc broke of relations became powerful and directed hostility to her(both mc and an elder). She is also delusional that everything the mc does is to win her back.
    Well i slipped into a rant there sorry ;p