Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    huh , can i ask the reference?

hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  2. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Warhammer 40K

If you want to know some lore about it just go on youtube "arch warhammer" is a good one (he's what I use anyway)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    hillo315 likes this.
  3. Efgbog

Efgbog Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe Vida? Struck down by Alda(Horus) is worshipped by her people waiting for her resurrection (pre-Vidal empire). Except she is a different gender, isn't Aldas dad, and lost.

4. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been thinking that maybe.
    Van = eye of terror
    Vida = immaterial
    Alda = material
    Ricklent = tzeentch
    Joyful life = slaanesh
    Guduranis = khorne
    Bellwood = nurgle
    Alda = the ecclesiarchy?

EDIT

I don't know if vida should be the material realm and Alda being the immaterial or the other way around.

hillo315 likes this.
  5. Efgbog

Efgbog Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Vida 'teachings' most suit the immaterial simply because of the survival of the fittest, except Vida isn't even close to as bad. Alda is all about order and adhearing to the past, and purging everything that doesn't 'fit' with his ideology like filthy xeno scum.

6. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    So Alda is the eclisiarchy then?
    Or is he the God emporer? But the God emporer is mostly just looking out for humanity though.

hillo315 likes this.
  7. Efgbog

Efgbog Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alda is more like the ecclesiarchy I think, while the God emperor would be like the Pantheon of gods before the demon King, where they lived with humans in the age of gods(golden crusade) where Alda wants to return to those times his decisions have made it harder to return.

8. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    I was thinking the golden age being the time zone before guduranis's arrival, with the God emporer being zakkart (the corpse on the throne fits as well)

I’ll make you regret aggravating the goddess of water! I’ll curse you, your toilet won’t flush and your warm bath water will turn cold!”

9. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *Trying to remember what I did 4-5 months ago*

! I wrote that! Senpai noticed ME!

Also I think that Atsura may have actually been calling them "landlord spirits" that are kind of a land deity spirit that watch over the place they reside. Escentially he was refering to them "chivalrous" deliquents that protected the city from actually harmful gangs.

I don't think the position of king in the Orbaume Kindgom to be just a mere figurehead, afterall it would not be somthing that people would actually want to be if it means nothing in the end. Maybe instead of just commanding the others duchies the king have power over the current politics of the kingdom? Or maybe lawmaking rights? I will assume that he at least have the final say when it comes to movilize the united armies against the empire and administer proper punishment to the others dukes since they are the only one who have a higher rank than them.

As for Van possible acomodations if he ever does attend the adventurer school, well, go for it, I will for the popcorn:blobpopcorn_cool:

Thought there is also the possibility of him just buying the closest mansion (luxury fetish) he can find to the school and commute from there, 'cause it would the least troublesome solution instead of having to sleep close to people he does not know he can trust or not. Specially if he gets frequent visits of "cloaked individuals". Ha, would not that bring about the "that guy is bad news" and "definitely a delinquent" high school anime misunderstanding trope?

10. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Suggestion on how this could go down.

1. Van makes a huge splash at the adventurer's school due to his S-rank strength.
    2. The nobles of dutchies other than Hartner, Sauron, and Alcheim start to pay serious attention to Van.
    3. The nobles of the other dutchies start interviewing the dukes of Hartner, Sauron, and Alcheim.
    4. One way or another, whether it comes from the dukes or they wind up making contact with Van, it comes out that Van is the emperor of the territory inside the boundary mountains.
    5. A sequence of events probing what Vidal can offer ensue.
    6. Seeing Vidal has an economy and a military that is several times greater than Orbaume and Amid combined, they decide to make the duke of Alcheim the new king in order to better foster relations between Orbaume and Vidal while pushing for proper military pacts to ensure Vidal goes to war with Amid only and never Orbaume.

I believe I said a few dozens of pages back by now that Mush mush (my name for the former Amid emperor now since I can never spell his name right) may have won out huge with the prospect of his son maybe potentially becoming Van's step brother due to the possibility of Zod taking Darcia as a second wife. Well, that victory is balanced out by an equally huge defeat due to the catastrophe resulting from him having never quashed the Alda extrimist persecution of the Vida races in his territory leading to Gordon killing Van's mother.

11. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Back at the end of the previous arc, there was a scene with the current prime minster talking with others, notionally about Darcia being made an honorary noble: http://ncode.syosetu.com/n1745ct/332/

It doesn't clarify the situation that much. Still, the PM (Urgen Telkatanis) is a significant enough character to get an entry in the character summaries at the end. He and those around him are conservatives who don't like seeing anything new that might challenge their privileges, whether it's the Alda harmony faction or the "Vida fundamentalists" around Darcia. Interestingly, pretty much all the things that Urgen Telkatanis suggested that the "Vida fundamentalists" might want are already happening in the Alcheim duchy. It's also clear that some people are wary of Van but more as someone to watch than anything else - at least at the time of the chapter. These guys are probably much more nervous about Darcia and Van by now. That doesn't necessarily mean they'd block Van's request to go to the adventurer school though - they'd probably see it as an opportunity to get more info on him.

I think it was also mentioned a few chapters ago that each individual duchy is closer to a kingdom in terms of authority/control. I'm not sure what power the central region actually has. It's probably more important in times of war - eg organising things between multiple duchies.

Given that Van will need to keep doing various other things, such as managing his empire, I doubt he'd accept going to some kind of shared accommodations with the other students - it just wouldn't be practical. So yeah, I'd expect him to buy a local house/mansion and live there along with Darcia and some others.

Nakakure, hillo315, Mesaphrom and 2 others like this.
  12. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The way it strikes me is that the central of the Orbaume kingdom has the authority equivalent to that of the federal government provided by the original constitution of the US. That being that their authority extends about as far as rallying and maintaining an army for the defense of the entire nation and the maintaining of the nation's boarders, as well as to act as a representative in negotiations with foreign powers.

jubjub3000, hillo315 and Mesaphrom like this.
  13. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Somehow I don't see that happening, don't ask why, I just don't think it will happen fo some reason. Or at least so soon.
    2. Completely possible. I would even say that is almost guaranteed to happen in at most 2 more arcs.
    3. Also really likely to happen, specially Alcheim, but Hartner and Sauron I don't really see bing questioned by anything since they are just speculating that Van may or may not have to do with what happened in their duchies and other people should have no real reason to even speculate themselves.
    4.They may start suspecting that Van is more important than just Darcia's (the saint) son or even just a genius, thay may even suspect that he and Darcia may have been in the care of some noble considering how he act and how knowledgeable in general he is, just like guardian noble guy thought he was too.
    5. Probably, but not as Vidal Empire. Maybe they will see them fight but not know from wher they are from.
    6. More like a non-agression pact or non-interference pact, with the second being impossible already considering everything VAn have already done.

Like Van needs a reason to protect the little boy he already treats like a little brother, even Sieg call him big brother (don't remember the actual word he us). And somehow I doubt Sieg would actually want to be emperor, he rejected Roddy proposal precisely because he wanted a peaceful life and what if more peaceful than Vidal and the brotherly love of its emperor.

14. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Also chance of free passage for Vida's Races to leave Orbaume and got to Vidal Empire with little to no obstacles.

That's if he accepts Van first, he was given biased information like the first batch of reincarnators (Asagi, Junpei, Kanako/Doug/Samantha (Samada) and the rest).

jubjub3000 and Mesaphrom like this.
  15. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    Since this was taken from the wiki since I can't find the chapter the kingdom was explained, don't take this as transcription from the novel (although considering most of the wiki is just transcribed text it probably is).

16. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    Not like they would really like to leave Vidal anyway:blob_grin:, the kingdom may even complain since their citizens are not returning from Vidal.:blobsweat_2:

Bu-but he did, like, 5 chapters ago when he confronted Van with Sarua, and the two of them pretty much said that Van is also family to them, specially Sieg who is already calling him brother.

17. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    Because of yesterday's inactivity, I let my guard down. Now I have to catch up to the latest post again.

Cool. Let me try some.
    Bellwood: Gryffindor/Slytherin (we can only guess between these 2 houses, but he's definitely not in the other 2)
    Evil God of Joyful Life: Slytherin
    Heinz: Gryffindor
    Van: Yes
    Rodcorte: Slytherin (squib, too)

COMMENCE SHIPPING

Does the priest know Van is male? If so, would he pretend Van is a girl just to make the plan work? :blobthinkingsmirk:

Even if Selen completely accepts Vida's doctrine over Alda's, I'm sure she'll keep the basic principle of "conflict is bad".

And that's how Alda endangers everyone. And then Van gets everyone to safety while he's in control of the situation.

What? What's "******". Does that even mean something? Or is it just a placeholder?

I'm not sure if that's accurate, but I'm not sure if any of the other houses would fit him better.

A reasonable inference, but I'd like to know more about Botin's character before making conclusions.

Neat connection, but that's not a Hogwarts house.

I want this part of the plot to start moving soon. Battles can be fun, but politics are fascinating and don't get boring. The nobles have only the smallest inkling of what's actually going on, though.

Heinz is a famed hero, so everyone wants to meet Heinz. Selen is Heinz's adopted daughter, so one can get closer to Heinz through Selen. If Van ends up close to Selen, he will start protecting her. Some people would see this as a threat to their connecting to Heinz, so they would take action against Van to get to Selen. Did I get that right?

Plus, it's way less generic than the bare medieval fantasy clichéd setup of "Empire and Kingdom opposing each other and meddling 3rd party". If you want to make a cliché new again, just give it an original twist.

He's overreacting a bit, but staying in Van's good books is obviously the smart thing to do.

True, but he's not the only duke who knows about Van, though he is the only duke who knows a lot about Van. There are a few other dukes who at least suspect that something fishy is going on.

Densuke: "I have no idea how I can further the plot from here. Time to break out another Chekhov's Gun I've saved up."
    And if that doesn't work, a Diabolus ex Machina should knock the other problems out of the way.

:blobpopcorn:

The ancient Greeks were the first people known to refer to daemons. They spoke of daemons as lesser deities or guardian spirits, and generally benevolent or benign. Daemons are usually invisible, but can bring protection and good fortune. Supposedly, a god can turn mortals into daemons as a reward. Daemons born of heroes can be kept in place by shrines dedicated to them, where they can grant protection and good fortune to those who paid them their respects. By this definition, daemons are strikingly similar in concept to kami, and also bear some similarity with yokai and Death Mage heroic spirits.

Enter the Old Testament, which described daemons as foreign gods, certain beasts, natural spirits, idols (as in, false gods), or natural evils. (Daemons do not embody human evils, I guess.) Then came the New Testament, repainting daemons as evil spirits.

By any of these definitions, Banda qualifies as a daemon.

Indeed. Politics is fascinating.

That's because Japanese to English forces the translator to fumble for words that don't translate nicely. In Japanese, there are multiple words that are equivalent to "demon", such as "妖怪", "悪魔", "鬼", and "魔獣". However, all of these words have very different meanings. In my humble opinion, "daimon" is a very weak translation.

The US Founding Fathers would be confused.
    "Wait, so your leader is a king, but the title is not inherited and the people are guaranteed enough power to elect him? What is this sorcery?!"

Excellent. :blobpopcorn:

:hmm::hmm::hmm:

No! Anything but that! :blobfearful:

I couldn't have said it better!

It means the territories are unified as one country, so they don't feel like killing each other. Surely that means something.

Same. And I shall also go for Google Docs. Because fanfics are demanded.

You do realize that Van can easily commute to and from Talosheim, right? He has several different methods of teleportation at his disposal.

Eh? What "cloaked individuals"? What information am I missing?

I imagine that Van will have his usual passive expression, and everyone will see him as dark and brooding, or something.

That's more likely to happen than not, if an open display of strength like that is ever required. He should be careful about using the death attribute, though. And Demon King fragments. And golemancy. And his tongue. :blobamused:

This is guaranteed to happen as soon as Van visits any particular duchy. He is practically destined for fame wherever he goes.

They'll get only unconfirmed suspicions at Hartner and Sauron. Duke Alcheim, on the other hand, is going to get really nervous because he didn't prepare for an investigation into his benefactor (whom he is scared of).

It turns out Van is really rich and powerful. Surprise! This should be the fun part, and I can't wait for the big reveal. :blobpopcorn:

:blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt:

If Mar'k was still Emperor, Van could have used this as a blackmail opportunity. For revenge and all that.

Van: "I have your son."
    At that was when Mush-Mush knew: he fucked up.
    (I know Van wouldn't really do something like that, but it would be interesting.)

All according to keikaku. :blobowoevil_horns:

Eavesdropping on a ninja? What could possibly go wrong? :blobninja:
    Yes, Van is a ninja, though most of his fight scenes didn't require any stealth. He has camouflage, shadows, perception filter, insects, etc. If you forgot Van is a ninja, shame on you.

Again, why would Van need to buy a house just for commuting? What's wrong with teleporting back home?

Actually, Van can still do things in spirit form while sleeping. He can also just slip out of bed while everyone else is sleeping. The only thing that can really stop him from doing as he pleases is his school schedule.

Van is an overpowered protagonist, so this trope is obligatory. And amusing.

Van and Darcia were made honorary nobles only recently, and there is no record of them having been in anyone's care. Even if the nobles suspect something of the sort, they will not find any evidence that confirms their claims.

Because the nobles are mostly restricted by their common sense, they have no reason to suspect that Van is any more than a strange child. That can (and probably will) change, but that's how things are for now. I do hope they slowly realize that Van is extremely precocious, but that may take some time.

Who knows? If the nobles are receptive enough, there might be no need for keeping the Vidal Empire secret!

Time to share resources and cultures!

It must have been one of the earlier chapters. Anywhere from the beginning to Hartner. If it's not explained through narrative, it's explained after the arc.

For the first time in history, an entire country demanded to be absorbed into a larger sovereign state. :blobxd:

Bla8bla, Nakakure, Claus and 3 others like this.
  18. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    I meant possible NVRs visiting Van incognito or even nobles trying to curry favors from him.

I am not saying he can't, he practicly do that in Moksi after all, but it would still be suspicious if he does not have some kind of official residence when he is supossed to be commuting to school from home, adn if he make some pals during his stay is not like he can just bring them to Vidal immediately without 'conditioning' them to what kind of place it is or what kind of crazy they may end up on. Can you imagine just how many accidental marriage proposal they will be if he does not properly explain their customes? It would disastrous (and hilarious)!.

Time to add Van to the Ninja Zombie Pirate Robot entry in the TVTrops page...

Random Duke A: "No matter what you say, we can just change the law like that and lt Vida's Races have free pass to out territories! It would take years to even began to implement the needed reforms!"
    Van: "A year of free access to Talosheim Beach and Mountain Dungeon Resort, with a 50% discount on the buffet and 2 years worth of V Cream."
    All Random Dukes: "ALL HAIL EMPEROR VANDALIEU! ALL HAIL VIDAL!"

19. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    And the occasional 'assassin' would-be (prob hired by a Duke or some nobility lol)

Ninja Zombie Pirate Robot Demonic God (or Cthulhu can be placed in this spot)

Mesaphrom and jubjub3000 like this.
  20. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    That too, of course, Braga will probably track their boss and the Face Pealing Demon legebd will continue to grow in the capital:blobpopcorn_cool:

Lets see, he is half vampire, half dark elf, half chaos elf, half goddess, a reincarnator, a demigod, a great demon king, an undead (Or at least I remember that Dhampir were also catalogued as undead), an eldritch abomination and father of one (not counting his bee 'daughters'). That's a lot of halves...:blobwoah:

Question, just how big of a mess do you think Van would make in the MGQ universe? Or the TvTropes Pantheon for that matter? (not so subtle hint that he should be added)