Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Claus

Claus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I understood, the Sirius was something like the commander who used his horn to give the instructions to the demigods on the front line, while he himself was hiding.
    And at the end of the chapter, when say hear the sound of a scream and something breaking, and then you no longer hear the sound of the horn, I believe it is because the Sirius was destroyed (eaten) along with its horn by the magic of Vandalieu.

Korleone, Nakakure, Bla8bla and 3 others like this.
  2. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, good. Now the enemy is no longer organized under a leader. Probably. :blobowoevil_horns:

Claus, Mesaphrom and jubjub3000 like this.
  3. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    An army without a leader (or command stucture) is just a disorderly mob.

4. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    More detail about tonight's stars!

Knochen got divine protection from Van and Vida. It also seems to have a true hive mind thing going on now, judging by its behavior and skills. Probably following in Van's footsteps.

Luciliano says Quattro was a rank 8 Terror Ghost Battleship and then a rank 9 Phobia Ghost Battleship. Now it is a rank 11 Phobia Ghost Warship. It skipped rank 10, I guess.

Yep. Especially since they are not used to independent thinking. Get rekd. :blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns:

Bla8bla, Mesaphrom and jubjub3000 like this.
  5. Dumac

Dumac Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The chapter was way better than last one, but MTL butchered it pretty badly.
    I like how Legion uses their 'Reflect Deathblow' ability extremely effectively against gods, maybe because all their attacks are deathblows?

Korleone, jubjub3000 and hillo315 like this.
  6. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Earth maybe, Origin no as long as Banda (part of Van, spiritually) is still in Origin and Van is still in Lambda and alive. So he's technically anchored to two worlds and not even know it (and irony is no one really knows he exists save the Bravers, Rokudo Banda/Van)

Not exactly true, Vida's blessing mixed in and allowed Van to have new jobs along with the curses, otherwise he wouldn't be in his position at the moment, and he already had mana cap since Origin (long before the curses).

7. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    Even better, I distinctly remember someone saying "Fit me!" just before this exchange of deathblows took place.

Rodcorte is not anchored to Origin. Thousands of people would have to acknowledge him as a god just to anchor him anywhere. Less than 100 individuals are aware of Rodcorte's existence on Origin.

But it is true. Van's mana cap has been increasing since the very beginning. And Vida's blessings will help even more without the curses.

Mesaphrom, Efgbog and jubjub3000 like this.
  8. Efgbog

Efgbog Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think one of the reasons that the job curse is helpful is that without it Van may have taken some more mundane jobs that may not have been as benefical as some of the jobs that he has now.

hillo315, Bla8bla, Claus and 2 others like this.
  9. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    This happened in Origin when Van killed himself to free himself, the job curse that stopped Van from having common jobs helped him become Demon King, Dark Magic King/Emperor, Demiurge, and now Pale Rider (just listing off MYTHICAL classes not known to Lambda but to Origin's and Earth's myths and Vida's Blessing can only work in this part, the magic will always be increasing on it's own).

Edit: He can't do anything to Origin until the issue with Lambda is first dealt with (said it himself about needing to take a thousand years to ease out of the world's pantheon and Origin is connected to Lambda and Earth, so yeah, he's anchored to Origin for time being). (Ch 172 for reference)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    Efgbog and jubjub3000 like this.
  10. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a little sad that Van only finished Sirius off with a magic canon. I kinda wanted a Macross style music off between Sirius' horns and Kanako and Van's idol concert. :blobpopcorn:

Also being Fidirg is suffering. Even after doing such a good job in the last battle, it just led to Tarea almost killing him with friendly fire, and now Zozogante wants to go and beat him up later. :blobpensive:

hillo315, Bla8bla, Claus and 4 others like this.
  11. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whenever I think music battle I think storm hawks

When did zorogante say he wanted to beat him up and why?

hillo315 likes this.
  12. SnowDorian

SnowDorian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe that the help of Vida was only to accelerate the development of Van and allow him to have the memories from the beginning, so that something does not happen as in the Origin that he was already a prisoner from the point where he had notion of himself ... Ricklent says there are several jobs that are virtually identical today but with different names, so I believe that the job system was not meant to work in a situation where a human has no available job, so even if it took a while the system would create available job for Van ... has in the description of some works that Van created that are works for users of the attribute death as only requirement that other people have not reached yet ... if I am not mistaken Stringsman is one of those job....

hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  13. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I understood it right Zozo was complaining that Fidirg was saying it was too easy during his fight while Zozo have to bassicaly act as a giant shield for Quattro due to not being good in direct figths (or as MTL put it "meat fights") and that even with the support of Van's Demon Spirit Clone he still is not good at them, so he will beat up Fidirg when they come back for being too cocky.

Definitely better than last chapter, longer too. We get the presentation of 3 new ingredients (gods), Knochen glorious return as a Rank 14 (stronger than many of the Evil Gods and Demi-gods), Van cassually cutting his [Muscle Monster]ified arm to let it remotelly fight Blateo and Alda'sside still having a surprisingly good plan overall, ultimately inneffective, but good nonetheless.

And since Zozo appeared again, here is how I think he loks like (combining all three):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

hillo315, Bla8bla, Claus and 2 others like this.
  14. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    Since I had time I translated Knochen and Quattro new status:

・ Name: Knochen

・ Title: [10000 Bone Palace] [Concert Venue]

・ Rank: 14

・ Race: Bone Pandemonium Gigant

・ Level: 85

・Passive Skills:

Dark Vision

Herculean Strength: 10LV (UP!)

Spirit Form 10LV

Bone Form Precise Manipulation: 5LV (NEW!)

Physical Resistance: 10LV

Super Absorption Healing (Bone): 1LV (Evolved from Absorption Healing (Bone)!)

Fortress Form: 10LV (UP!)

Strengthened Attribute Values: Fortress Form: 10LV (UP!)

Strengthened Attribute Values: Creator: 10LV (UP!)

Self-strengthening: Guidance: 7LV (UP!)

Magic Resistance: 3LV (NEW!)

・Active Skills

Silent Steps: 2LV

Breath [Poison]: 10LV (UP!)

High-Speed Flight: 8LV (UP!)

Projectile Fire: 10LV (UP!)

Parallel Thinking: 10LV

Architecture: 5LV (UP!)

Instrument Performance: 4LV (UP!)

Dancing: 5LV (UP!)

Demon Spirit Descend: 1LV (NEW!)

Dismantle: 3LV (NEW!)

Size Alteration: 2LV (NEW!)

・Unique Skills

Vandalieu's Divine Protection (NEW!)

Bone Colony Manipulation: 3LV (Evolved from Remote Control)

Colony Body (Evolved from Fission)

Vida's Divine Protection (NEW!)

· Name: Quattro

· Title: 【Ship of Despair】

· Race: Phobia Ghost Warship

· Level: 88

· Passive Skills

Special Five Senses

Physical Resistance: 10LV (UP!)

Mental Corruption: 7LV

Strengthened Attribute Values: Maneuvering: 10LV (UP!)

Strengthened Attribute Values: Creator: 8LV (UP!)

Self-strengthening: Over Water: 8LV (UP!)

Self-strengthening: Guindance 7LV (UP!)

Impact Resistance 7LV (UP!)

Superhuman Strength: 7LV (UP!)

Aerial Navigation: 6LV (UP!)

Underwater Navigation: 3LV (UP!)

Rapid Regeneration: 3LV (UP!)

Water Attribute Resistance: 5LV (UP!)

Self-strengthening: On Air: 3LV (NEW!)

· Active Skills

Transcend Limit: 2LV (Evolved from Surpass Limit!)

High-speed Navigation: 9LV (UP!)

Projectile Fire: 10LV (UP!)

Scream: 8LV (UP!)

Aura of Fear: 10LV (UP!)

Artillery Technique: 10LV (UP!)

Silent Steps: 1LV

Demon Spirit Descend: 3LV (UP!)

Coordination: 1LV (NEW!)

Space Expansion: 1LV (NEW!)

・ Unique Skills

Vandalieu's Divine Protection

Since I don't remember some of the "official" translations, feel free to correct.

Korleone, hillo315, Bla8bla and 6 others like this.
  15. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Around 1/4 into the chapter.

Not exactly. Zozogante thinks to himself he's going to hit Fidirg when he gets home not for making Zozogante let down his guard, but for putting the Alda faction gods on high alert with his performance in the last battle. Even in victory, Fidirg suffers.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    Korleone, hillo315, Bla8bla and 5 others like this.
  16. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    But the suffering is too minute lol, needs to suffer a bit more lmao.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    Nakakure, Mesaphrom and jubjub3000 like this.
  17. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the correction! That actually makes more sense than Fidirg just being his boisterous self. Being Fidirg is sufering.

Wonder if he is Lancer class...

From now onn this is what I will think Fidirg looks like except without front arms:

[​IMG]

Though by the description he is more like a five headed orochi, each head having only one eye:

[​IMG]

With a Tsuchinoko like body:

[​IMG]

18. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    Since it was discussed previously about how Youjo Senki was actually a DM's prequel in Origin (as a joke), let's visually compare the main antagonist!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Is freaking uncanny! Is like japanese authors always represented the christian god the same way or something!

Another curiosity is that Ricklent is described 3 men/women in chldhood, adulthood and oldhood while SMT's Lucifer had appeared during the series as a child, an adult and an oldman, he have also appeared as a woman before (though in both cases he/she was a young adult). They also serve as guides in their respectiv series, though in different ways.

While I was at it I also looked for a four headed lion for Zuru and only found this:

[​IMG]

Though I like to imagine him like this (the mount) but only 4 heads:

[​IMG]

19. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I found it kinda a let-down Sirius' death was sorta off-screen as he was hit by a hollow cannon at his hiding place. I was almost tempted to say he wasn't dead and just had the horn broken, but it has been indicated in previous fights that Van's hollow cannon is almost instant death for even gods who get caught in it and it seemed like Sirius got a direct hit.

(and they were all making it seem Van was still not as strong as Gurdu. At this point, it's just the difference between a mele fighter and a spell caster. Van's spells definitely seem to match on Gurdu's physical strength.)

Vida's blessings pre-Van's incarnation helped to counteract Rodcorte's curses. You might be right about the jobs becoming available, but I'm pretty sure it was Vida's blessings by giving him her blood and the memories from Zaccart's remains that gave Van the ultra broken ability to gain experience by watching his allies.

Also, it's very possible Vida's blessings are entirely what created the loop holes in the curses in the first place. Like, it could have been "cannot gain experience," "cannot gain jobs," and "experience from previous life not carried over" before the blessings, and then the blessings added the loop-holes that turned it into "cannot gain experience independently," and "cannot gain known jobs."

hillo315, Mesaphrom, Bla8bla and 5 others like this.
  20. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    With quattro and fleet of fake quattro, Van oficially become Success Sky Pirate(will he gain this job?

jubjub3000, jemini and Reman Scimitar like this.