LCD History’s Strongest Senior Brother

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by gauthamc, May 31, 2016.

1. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    The big wigs' full titles are even more impressive

2. Maraderchik

Maraderchik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone explain these apprentice-brother-uncle titles? What it's to do with apprentice?

3. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    Your question lacks the specificity to make sense grammatically

Viola and Someguy666 like this.
  4. Maraderchik

Reading List:
    Link
    Screenshot_2018-11-19-11-51-45-431_com.android.chrome.jpg for example this, it's just everywhere. So what the heck is the meaning of these 'apprentice-uncle' or brother, sister?

5. kennykdogg

kennykdogg Sage of 7 sins

Reading List:
    Link
    form my understanding it when you have a close relationship to said person through someone else you add the apprentice. for example i have a father and all his students are my apprentice brother/sisters or my father junior brother is my apprentice uncle.

6. lehur

lehur ぼく愛エリス

Reading List:
    Link
    smack them all

7. Maraderchik

Reading List:
    Link
    But they call everyone in the clan like that, i mean even if they have no relationship at all and jusr meat each other for the first time.

I thought apprentice part is about martial scholar in general and senior/junior/uncle it's just for indicate age difference.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  8. kennykdogg

kennykdogg Sage of 7 sins

Reading List:
    Link
    i was going say that about the the whole clan thing but this is the only place i heard it. people outside the clan some time get called it so it can only be seen as a sign of familiarity two friendly party, but for the must part it's social related factions or family

9. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    Apprentice = from the same martial lineage (Yuan Zhengfeng's); uncle = master's brother in terms of seniority (note Yan Di is also Yan Zhaoge's master); senior = elder disciple in status.

Or in other words, Fang Zhun is Yan Zhaoge's senior apprentice uncle because Yuan Zhengfeng took him as a disciple before Yan Di, Yan Zhaoge's master, making him a generation above Yan Zhaoge at that point of time.

10. Degrea

Degrea New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello. Could smbd help me please? Like som years ago i read this story but left to wait it amass more chaps. Last chap i rmbr (if i am remembering right novel) is the one where Mc was tellin to that powerful elder, that cultivated som single skill above its original limits from his sect, about that his "supposedly dead" son might be alive and attacked MC numerous times or smth like that. Its definetly after 200+, after he dealt with black mountain or smth guys. Ty in advance.

11. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    Yan Zhaoge reveals Shi Songtao's identity in ch 279

12. Maraderchik

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't 'heaven and earth' phrase overused too much in this novel? Almost every single chapter up to 300 have some variarion of this.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  13. Maraderchik

Reading List:
    Link
    Sacred sun clan+Decimating Abyss+lightning clan plan was good, blame broad creed clan about helping with descend nine underworlds to Eight Extremities World. But sadly broad creed clan the one where MC resided. It'a will be really funny if Yan Zhaoge joke about this later.

14. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not really accurate. Iirc, the Decimating Abyss is an inter-sect organization. The Lin cultivator with the MC halo's main reason for targeting Broad Creed Mountain was to reset history to a timeline he knows of. Which, ironically, would mean helping the Decimating Abyss he wanted to stop.

15. Maraderchik

Reading List:
    Link
    No, i meant here Huang Jie's and Sacred Sun clan plan. "We are clean this world from baleful evil and their supporter in broad credo face".

16. Maraderchik

Reading List:
    Link
    Huuh... After flame devils passage sealed i have some problem with this world (eight extremity world), isn't Grandmaster rank was rare rather than regular cannon fodder? Through earth and east sea how many of them just died, like hundreds? Totally fine.:blobokhand:

17. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    Grandmasters are bigwigs, but the martial saints and sacred artifacts preside over the world. A grandmaster could at most be a subordinate power without a saint or artifact. Martial grandmasters still matter, but only if your saints can hold off theirs.

18. Maraderchik

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it's not what i mean. Grandmasters in this world stay in some important place, like they all governor in big region or main elders in their respective sects.
    You can say the same about material scholars if their martial saint can't stand against his opponent they're fodder. But there just too many grandmasters died in this arc and literally no substitute for them can't be found in the near future, because you just can't raise grandmasters with same pace as scholars.
    And that's the reason why I'm so confused. Where did you even get that much grandmasters to kill them?...

19. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    Broad Creed Mountain has roughly a dozen top-tier martial grandmasters. Across the 6 or so martial saint level factions, that's around 60. But each martial saint faction has numerous smaller powers below them, such as how Broad Creed Mountain has the empire. They also have multiple martial grandmasters, although of a lower average quality than the top-tier powers. And then there are the rogue cultivators, cultivators breaking through during the warr, etc. and you have hundreds.

20. Maraderchik

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure, but all these guys didn't participate in resealing evil devils or flame devils. In case of evil devils there only talisman and above, and in case of flame devils there huge quantity of great flame devils and same amount devil king as human saints... If I'm not mistake there only direct disciples from clans, so yea 60~ grandmasters is pretty accurate i think. In earth domain every single one of them died ans im I'm sure in war with flame devils many grandmasters died like that. Like, who should control sacred grounds now? Martial scholars? There 4 saints just sealed and one who'd flee, and now can do whatever he want...