Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is both actually, at first the DK Frags only showed on his soul and were more like something he shoved in himself, which is pretty much what he does actually, but after DK Body appeared the Frags completely became part of himself. In a way is like it was "a part of DK Guduranis that became part of DK Van" and changed to "a DK Frag that originate from DK Van".

2. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with @hillo315 here simply because of a lack of evidence on this, I believe his body is strong simply because of his stats especially his vitality stat which makes it extremely hard to injure anyone with it if it's high enough and not because some parts have been replaced by DK fragments although I do see where you're coming from.

hillo315 and Mesaphrom like this.
  3. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    I said nothing about his stats or durability. What I meant is that at the start it appeared as if the Frags were kinda just clumsily sewn to him in a way, explaining the why it appeared as if the Frags were sticked upon his soul, but after his soul was reestructured/reconstructed/repared the Frags were properly united with him, forming his new badass eldritch warrior soul. It may exlpain why he had to "summon" the Frag until he more or less tamed them with a job (DK User) instead of just using them like any other body part.

hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  4. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry I thought you meant they became one with his physical form my bad.

So yeah they have properly become one with his soul

5. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I also meant that, just nothing to do with his stats. Though it may have to do with his stat skyrocketing like that, but considering that before his second growth period his stats were alrady pretty high for an adult it is would not be weird for that to happen. AAAAH, now I can't stop thinking that it may have something to do with his stats! Though it most probably have nothing to do with it....

Claus, hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  6. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    While I don't agree they replaced his bodyparts I would not reject the notion of it producing a passive effect that increases his stats (but it not being much)

7. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    Never said "replaced his bodyparts", I said "become his bodyparts", not changing but adding to him, not something he have to control but just another part of himself. I can continue to try to explain how I view it, but I know that I will not explain it clear enough since I am aweful at explaining myself sometimes:blobsweat_2:.

Also been reminising about old chapter and remebered that Van could do the ghoul whip arm thingy, wonder if he will ever do it again?:hmm:

jubjub3000 and hillo315 like this.
  8. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm in the same boat with the explanation thing.

I guess you mean it has become one with his soul so he only needs to use materialization and not a combo of DK fragment and materialization?

I wouldn't think so cause he would have upgraded it and it shouldn't work to well on his current opponents.

9. Nimitz

Nimitz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like to write more here but I got a flight tomorrow. Vacation and all, so merry Christmas. Be back after new year.

10. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not what I meant, but let's leave it at that. I don't think I can make another analogy to try to explain it:blobawkward:

11. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.aviationweather.gov

Go to METAR stick your airport code in it (a 4 letter code) and you have the weather (make sure it's on decoded and you activate TAF) have fun.

I don't know if this works outside of the USA though so sorry if it doesn't.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    hillo315 likes this.
  12. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok this conversation was basically two people bad at explaining things trying to explain things to each other anyway.

Claus, hillo315 and Mesaphrom like this.
  13. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty much sums up the whole backstory of Alda and Vida :blobexpressionless:. Except we don't have an a-hole trying to make us kill each other:blobsweat_2:

14. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    And they didn't talk, they were playing charades haha

Claus, hillo315 and Mesaphrom like this.
  15. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    Or end up agreeing:blob_grin:

16. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering Van seems to be as bad for monster girls as Kimihito Kurusu if not worse.... seems likely.
    I always assumed it was a couple days, but less then a week, as they likely would have tried to send in their own elite troops first, to keep it in house and a secret, and calling in the bravers would be a desperation move after all other options failed or were forcibly rejected.

Mesaphrom, hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  17. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    True, but van only mentioned the guards in the base and didn't mention re-enforcements but.... I don't know I'll have to read it again and I'll do that tomorrow sometime.

Edit

And if the guards got there within minutes van might mistake them for guards (even though they should have had different uniforms)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    Mesaphrom and hillo315 like this.
  18. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It always felt to me that guards were likely military, so he could have easily mistook reinforcements as guards who put on riot/combat gear.

If I was designing that facility, it would have been underground, mostly self contained and maze-like to hinder escapes. With the entrance being in a military base.

hillo315, Mesaphrom and jubjub3000 like this.
  19. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    TBF, those scenes are pretty screwy with time. After all Van and the Bravers kinda just gloss over it since what is important is what happen than how long it took. Still, as sjmcc said, I would give it a couple of days to a week for it all to happen.

I would say he is more like MGQ's Luca, but without the whole being dominated by women and the self-deprecation.

20. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, considering that it is described as a secret lab of whatever state, that Van left the land contaminated with magic and for all the information given there have been no mention of death apart from the lab personnel, I would say that the probability of the lab being underground and in the middle of nowhere is pretty high.