LCD 108 Maidens of Destiny

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Parth37955, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Schwarze_Kreuz

Schwarze_Kreuz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She is the Strength Star, after all. She'd rather have weak enemies and strong friends instead of the other way around. If she is stronger being Su Xing's enemy, then she'll do it. Xiao'er is quite the pragmatic Star General after all.

Lyner likes this.
  2. Lyner

Lyner Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fair enough. But, truth be told...

I'm not really a fan of characters like that.
    I get she has her own considerations n all but still.

That's why, shitty first impressions or not, I much prefer Wu Siyou and Chai Ling.

Both of them are also pretty pragmatic, but are far more attractive as people compared to the neutral BS that Xiao'er is pulling.

I'm just happy she hasn't quite pulled in with Qingci's group yet. I hope.

Or, at least I'm pretty sure she's still neutral at the moment.
    Personally, her latest reappearance kinda.... made me lose a bit of respect for her as a person for some reason.

She's honorable in her own way, but that pragmatic nature of hers kinda cheapens the sympathy for her actions for me.

3. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    funny how I started this LCD and this is my first real post in it.

Reread from start.
    I wonder why the trope of evil or self-righteous Buddhists is so universal in chinese web novels. at the very least, they're usually antagonistic to main character.

Cao lady is def helping him by making him go through trials. it's helping him pick up new maidens if nothing else.

Also I don't believe the strength star wants to be Mc's enemies. from what I can pick up about her personalities, she likes repaying favors as quick as possible. she still owes MC a favor imo. she'll definitely end up joining him at some point. to be fair, she's had little interaction with him. At least she dissuaded Qingci from making him an enemy (fighting him)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    Crywolf641 likes this.
  4. Schwarze_Kreuz

Reading List:
    Link
    Kuru-Kurumi!

Nice to see you, Parth! Strength Star will avoid making enemies with MC if she can avoid it. She recognizes that he is a rising star and that his danger level is off the charts. Still, she isn't above luring him into her own schemes as demonstrated by the Essence Swallowing Dragons at the Relic Blade Legacy, and most recently, the Qilin Spice Bag. However, it could be argued that she drew him in the second time to spy on him since she reports directly back to Qingci to discourage antagonizing him. It should be clear, however, she is remaining noncommital to either side.

5. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeh. well, as the strength star, I doubt she feared retribution. she did help by diverting the deviant star. I doubt it will be long before she picks a side (in-novel time). she should be aware just how monstrous the MC is for going from stardust to galaxy in such a short time period and for having so many star maidens. Also, mc has like what, 3-4 of the top heavenly stars on his side. More if he can nab the solitary star. the unity of mc's team is better ( I bet qingci's team would fall apart without her, their personalities are too divergent from one another). Personality wise, Qingci's team is the worst for the strength star. the majority of them are pretty bloodthirsty, and want to jump at the chance to take out su xing, contrasting from her more pragmatic and cautious view. in constrast, Su Xing is similar to her in that he doesn't like starting needless fights.

meh. the synopsis mentions him having a hard time persuading the strength star to become his eighth maiden. it's gonna happen, it might just take a while.

6. Lyner

Lyner Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not a fan of overly pragmat8c ppl like Xiao'er.

You literally can only trust them as far as you can keep them in your sight, and her neutrality makes her especially dangerous since she's tricksy like that.

I do appreciate her complexity though, but she's still no Wu Siyou.
    To be fair though... Su Xing has the 3rd, 4th, 6th AND 36th Heavenly Stars contracted to him, has all but married the 14th in all but actual fact and his patron is the 10th ranked Noble Star....

Lu Xiao is right to be worried, but unlike Gongsun Sheng who was all but stalking Su Xing for like damn near 200 chapters, Xiao'er hasn't quite figured out that Su Xing rarely, if ever, acts first aggressively. Dood is strong, but tends to buy time more than ever straight up winning a fight, unless against another regular non Star Maiden/Supervoid class Cultivator.

What bugs me is that n9b69dy besides Xinjie has put 2 and 2 together that the secret to Su Xing's success is the Contract Method, the Kiss Contract.
    Chao Gai should've known about it, being the walking rulebook n all... but somehow either didn't or is playing dumb.

Qingci is using some Uprising Method, so I get her... but it's weird how little research exists on their own Star Duels systems...

I wonder if Konghou knows... y'know being alive all this time, and given who she is and what she's been doing at Chai Ling's.

Actually....how the hell does Su Xing even contract the Heavenly Solitary Star? I just can't see it other than using the Mutual Pact kind like with Yan Qing, but damn I would shocked if she pulled a Lianxin and just suddenly french kissed him outta nowhere.... both seem so far left field that I really wanna know....

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  7. Schwarze_Kreuz

Reading List:
    Link
    No doubt that Qingci has a very difficult time reining in her teammates. If anything, her literal motley crew will fall apart at the very end from in-fighting rather than from an external challenge.

8. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    if Wu Sioyu is the wifey, then doesnt that make the rest mistresses?

9. Schwarze_Kreuz

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, no, you have to keep in mind, Lin Yingmei comes first in the pecking order! And then it's Xinjie, and then Wu Siyou. But even then, Wu Siyou is just the pet wife! She's not a real wife yet :blobokhand::blobpeek::blobowoevil:

10. tahzib1451

Reading List:
    Link
    i know that.....Yingmei is the unofficial legal wife...BUT Wu Siyou stole a march over all of them......:blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::aww::aww::aww::blobparty::blobparty::blobparty:

11. Schwarze_Kreuz

Reading List:
    Link
    Unofficial? Psh, if sex isn't a way to confirm official legal wife status, then I don't know what is...BTW, when you say stole a march, what are you talking about? Their bath?

12. tahzib1451

Reading List:
    Link
    Lord Husband
    Wifey

13. Schwarze_Kreuz

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobconfused: But...Those are just their pet names for each other...If you think that counts...Okay, then :blobpeek:

BTW, waiting for the day Yingmei and Su Xing start using pet names for one another... :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:

14. Lyner

Lyner Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Su Xing has called all of his Star Generals + Siyou his Wives several times already. Oh, and the Little Sister thing with Suwen and Lianxin are moot points.
    A. They all are Sisters anyway.
    B. He's already kissed or been kissed by said Sisters... in very unconventianally and unsisterly ways: long deep french kisses of the strictly romantic variety and intent.
    C. Su Xing has a very clear Little Sister fetish. It's rather pretty epic and even lampshaded how much he wants a Little Sister themed Harem.... of Wives.
    2. The girls, for the most part, will only see themselves as Su Xing's Wives.
    Gongsun Huang was AMAZINGLY stubborn about this point when Su Xing brought it up due to her physical looks, and not very convincingly either. His whole 'dilemma' was shot down after the Leisure Star reminded him that Star Maidens have no real ages to speak of beyond the moment they incarnate for the Star Duels every generation.

The 9th Star Duels began roughly FOUR YEARS AGO. Let that sink in combined with Gongsun Huang's words and the fact that Star Maidens can all be surprisingly childish in their direct, almost pure natures... as if they've barely lived but came preset with a wealth of general knowledge-- likely literally the case.

3. The Harem Plan was fully Xinjie's Master Plan after Shi Yuan signed. She even instigated several of the Contracts to happen in the first place.
    Marry them all was clearly the end goal. And aside from assuming he's showing off or whatever, polygamy doesn't seem to be a real hangup with anyone anyway. A few Star Generals actually fuss about it, the whole Maiden thing at near 'boys are eww' level cuz... reasons. Not the least of which being the Kiss Contract and non lesbian sex outright crippling them.
    That, and it's less men specifically and more like greedy cultivators, the majority of which have been doods... not that the ladies haven't shown some real cuntlery in the series. I can name 3 right off the top of my head with the 3rd being utter filth as a person atm.

Some of these contracted Star Generals are weird though...
    Like the Heavenly Fulfillment Star. Why she contracted Chise-chan was... 9dd compared to most Star Generals.
    There's Bao Xiaoyu too... but her reason was so cute that I find her being the Earthly Savage Star almost wrong...

Getting off topic here.
    My point is this.

THE HAREM END IS THE ONLY TRUE END!!!!!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  15. Lyner

Lyner Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Su Xing is a master at making ppl look like dumbasses by running his mouth with pure bullshit.

Granted, he does make some sense... but that only makes it even harder to call bullshit until it's too damn late.

The best part?
    It's ALL deliberate!

Dat_Karma likes this.
  16. Crywolf641

Crywolf641 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm just here eating pop-corn until he contracts her.
    :blobpopcorn_cool:

17. Lyner

Lyner Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Right!?

18. Crywolf641

Crywolf641 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp wonder
    wonder if we will have a christmas present from @Schwarze

Lyner likes this.
  19. Lyner

Lyner Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That'd be nice, but I really doubt it.

20. Schwarze_Kreuz

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek: