Spoiler Tyrannical Wang’s Beloved Wife

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Alina Moktan, Dec 14, 2018.

1. jenmini

jenmini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Belli I feel like the wedding gift list is going to kill me, pretty sure that chapter half the chapter is just listing of the gifts......rip me :sweating_profusely:

I love the realism in this especially the characters, sometimes certain novels the side character's (and actually everything else for that matter) all revolve around the ML and MC that it feels like there's nothing to the setting other than the leads. Everyone else just there as props for their shenanigans with no actual purpose other than to service the leads. But this novel the other characters actually feel like actual characters, shockingg. Fourth sister part was so sad, honestly compared to other 'villains' //cough cannon fodders in other novels (and psycho Ruan Fang Fei, i swear this girl has like the whole 'this boy looked at me so he must like me' syndrome, definitely delusional) fourth tangmei isn't really that hateful, she's just stupid and annoying, but mostly cause she wasn't raised right. Her conversation with MC after her realization just wreck my heart, cried when she said how lonely and wrong she was to have jumped into fire pit and how she misses her family, and bit happy that author isn't too cruel to side characters, especially the redeemable kind. Third branch dynamic I loved best because even though their branch is considered the 'antagonist' branch of the family, not everyone is really all that bad, well maybe Liu-shi, but the rest especially the children of the branch are all really good people, and different in personality. I unconsciously kinda compare the family dynamic with RoME cause that was what I last read, though I really shouldn't.

I like how in third branch everyone is all very different and not all just grouped together into being antagonist to the good characters. I had this bit problem with RoME a bit because, I mean in personality wise, how different was that other branch's brother different from his parents and Shen Qing. To me they just felt like slightly different versions of the same character.

I cried on the chapter when MC's third uncle gets injured, and they revealing how her second tang brother, Luo Jing Ming, despite having an asshole father, was the only one genuinely sad and worried for his father. Also how Luo Jing Ming secretly supports all his shu siblings financially and him living really frugally, because Liu-shi really harsh to the shu children. HE SUCH A GOOD BROTHERR. MC's brother actually tries to help him too but he always refuses, and earn money himself. :blobsob: Oh yea Luo Jing Ming birth mother was forced to commit suicide, though not by Liu-shi. However even tho he hates Liu-shi, he's never been blinded by it and just lives his life avoiding her. GRANDPA LUO RAISED HIM RIGHT!!

Also even Liu-shi own son is very different in personality from rest. Liu-shi spent too much of her energy on her daughter that she neglects her actual son. So he's raised into this timid and innocent little pudding, even getting bullied by the servants sometimes. He was really precious.

Also I swear this author goes into way too much detail on the history and world building. This novel has one of the most convoluted wedding scenes ever, STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTION ON HOW IT'S DONE PRACTICALLY. I mean it's nice culturally to see how the rituals are done, but man too much detail kills translator. In way it's nice that this author puts in the research and effort sometimes. Also the government titles there's wayyy to many, especially in second half the novel where they throw in all the local government systems in detail. AND I USUALLY LIKE POLITICS IN NOVELS, BUT THIS KILLING ME. Well it's good for world building but death to translator.

2. Belli

Belli PRO-crastinator Corgy

Reading List:
    Link
    @jenmini yeah.. good luck with that wedding bride price list and the step by step wedding... I think this is the only novel i read that explaining wedding ritual step by step. And you got several weddings to translate too (don't forget SYJ+3rd brother's wedding and 1 of MC other friend)

Oh the psycho is Ruan FangFei? LOL... i tot it's Yan FangFei :blobsweat:, she somehow come back again in later part :blobfearful:

I also lost too much details in that Jiangnan part...too many verbose i guess??

LokaLari, BooBoo, stumblmer and 4 others like this.
  3. jenmini

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, way too much technical info, it's because it's related to the salt governance and corruption of local official. On that note, the paragraph where it introduces ML's maternal clan, I swear was like a math problem.

His maternal grandfather married twice, he has 5(ithink) uncles and 1 remarried twice, 2 remarried once, after their original wife dies. And in total just counting from that main lineage, including the shu borns, ML has a total of 156 cousins.

Oh yea and slightly grossed out at part where his maternal grandfather wants him to take his niece as a concubine, tho she's technically older than MC. She's ML's cousin's di daughter.

LokaLari, BooBoo, Varsha0907 and 8 others like this.
  4. Belli

Reading List:
    Link
    @jenmini I also lost it once they talk about number, i just guess ML and MC end up take back 80millions silver from those corrupted officials.

The grandpa really gross!!! and look himself too self important. in the short info of him, i just rmb he got 3 or 4 children from his 1st wife, and another 3 or 4 from 2nd wife. the 1st wife end up dead because of childbirth. The wife family then push their 2nd daughter to marry the grandpa again, and the grandma agree because her sister always said her husband is very kind to her. After marriage, she realize the husband always make her pregnant, want to get as many as Di son and daughter. After the last child (ML's mom) difficult birth, the grandma is hurt, so cannot get child anymore. Later she ask the grandpa to visit concubine.

correct me if im wrong, in the end after Jiangnan part, is he got sick as well after got back-stabbed by his great-granddaughter? I kinda misread it's the grandpa or grandma the 1 finally sick in bed? Or the grandma died in the end?

That Ying something also typical cannon fooder, even tho she know she is ML's niece, she is so adamant to be ML's concubine...like, helloooo, is there no other guy left in Jiangnan or what?? her end kinda sad tho... public suicide after realize what her family look like... but she practically asking to be killed... not to forget the grandpa also has "backup" granddaughter to offer as well, the twin sister who technically ML's cousin and 3 other shu girls... the grandma personality is not really helping as well, imo she is a bit like SYL's mom, just more sickly, easy to pushover and almost dead than SYL's mom.

But i think the 3rd prince is not lost in the term of grossness.

5. jenmini

Reading List:
    Link
    @Belli errr not sure yet, I stopped at part where the niece meets MC for first time. Get back yo you on that when I get there lol :blobpeek:

Though tbh, imo that niece character with a cray cray great grandpa like that I doubt she has a say in her own marriage so at most she's making best of her situation, plus girls like her are pretty much brainwashed by the family since birth....

6. whiteapparition

whiteapparition Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What did the 3rd prince do? And, iirc, he's Su Guifei's son, right? ML's foster mother's son?

LokaLari and lara5642 like this.
  7. lara5642

lara5642 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The emporer clearly does not like ml.Does ml end up having the throne?How about his harem?Thanks

LokaLari likes this.
  8. jenmini

Reading List:
    Link
    He's your typical egotistical prince who likes to put up a fake gentlemanly image on the outside. His title is Rui Wang, and yea Su Gufei's actual son.

He wants to rope MC's grandfather into his faction, so he tries to get a daughter from the Luo family to be his concubine. Ends up seducing the idiot 14yo fourth tangmei, Luo Jing Ying, and sleeps withs her, and gets her preggo before even taking her in as concubine. Grandpa Luo is pissed about this because Luo Jing Ying bascially had premartial sex, and he wants to stay in neutral faction. Creepo Rui Wang goes on about how in love he is with LJY, and wants her to be his cefei. Long story short she just ends up being a low ranking concubine.

Later on, he gets displeased with her, because he ends up comparing her to MC who engaged to his brother ML. He feels cheated cuz MC was obviously better choice and blames LJY for seducing him. So he starts neglecting her, which results in the other concubines bullying her yada yada, then he purposefully provokes her with news about how great MC's coming of age ceremony was etc etc. LJY goes into flying rage, almost has a miscarriage, but then some other concubines made her forcefully abort her child, while Rui Wang turns blind eye to all this.

The emerpor definitely has issues imo. He 'loves' ML because he's the son of his most beloved consort, but cuz of his cesarean birth he'll never allow him on the throne. So he spoils ML and lets him get away with anything as long as he doesn't aim for the throne.

He got the throne in both lifetime. Basically with his situation he kinda has to, or else he's the first one to get killed no matter which brother gets the throne. But the emperor will never make him his successor. Because the whole demon baby thing, cuz he not born naturally. He rebels in both timeline. Except first timeline he kills the Emperor and majority of his bothers. Second timeline MC convinces him to spare them, and Emperor gets house arrested in this fancy tower as the 'retired emperor'.

He has no harem in first timeline, completely emptied out the palace too. He wanted to take MC as the only one in his harem but she died before he ascended the throne. He actually killed off his wangfei in first timeline because she was basically Su Guifei's spy at his side, and second timeline he only has MC as his empress.

Second timeline he actually gives most of the power to MC. There's a funny scene where he takes MC to court with him and all the officials are like "why is the Empress more like an Emperor than the actual Emperor." And this one time where ML throws tantrum with the officials and refuses to go to court, so MC goes in his place. They act out this bit in bed where MC is the Emperor and ML is her concubine. She's like, "beloved consort wait for me to come back and pamper you" and ML acts all cutely "waiting for your majesty to come pamper"

9. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love married couple dog food lol Come abuse me more!!

10. Belli

Reading List:
    Link
    The servants actually got "abused" so much, they had to develop new ability "partial hearing". Otherwise they will hear too many "poisonous dog food" everywhere (in carriage, ship, room, carriage again, other room, onsen, and other places). Usually end up with MC cannot get up from bed for 3 days.

1 time, in MC and ML wedding anniversary, they was flirting openly playing swing (MC in swing and ML push her). And suddenly MC's friends and relatives come, Gong mama just said they are busy, but still serve them to sit and eat while watching MC and ML flirting in far away (both not aware guess coming). In Gong mama mind, "since we got poisoned too much everyday, please you all to enjoy this poison too". Too many dog food flying at that chapter.

11. Belli

Reading List:
    Link
    ML also very easy to jealous to ANYTHING MC's pay attention. He jealous to MC's flowers, make MC have to less care them. He got jealous when MC giving attention to servants. He also got jealous when he found out MC like little animal, to the point, he later train a group of cute furries that will come when called, but will runaway if MC bend her body tried to pick them up. :blobsweat_2:

Dvenger, nicomcla1995, Rokai and 29 others like this.
  12. jenmini

Reading List:
    Link
    Ive skipped around too much so some events are jumbled up in my head, but to add on, one memorable scene i remember:

ML and MC are at this banquet and some official's daughter comes on stage dancing trying to seduce ML but MC gets seduced instead and little vinegar jar ML pouts. This roughly how the convo went.

ML: Is she really that pretty?
    MC: En, if I was a guy id be attracted
    ML: BUT IS SHE PRETTIER THAN MEE???
    MC: .....

13. Belli

Reading List:
    Link
    This snippet could be nice synopsis of ML and MC's rls :blobjoy::blobsweat_2:

14. lara5642

lara5642 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha this ml is hubby goals.

15. Belli

Reading List:
    Link
    ok, most of this is not the original words, but the meaning is almost the same. And this is not in the order of the story, each section is different chapters mostly:

MC and ML in a carriage, suddenly there is a woman stopping the carriage while saying:
    Woman : wangyeeee~~<3 you finally baaackk.. I miss uuuuu :aww:
    MC (inside carriage to ML) : who is that??
    ML : who knows?
    MC : what u want to do?
    ML : up to u, i don't care
    MC (to outside) : DRAG THAT PERSON! THROW HER BACK TO WHERE SHE COME FROM! IF NO ORIGIN, STONED HER AND THROW HER TO DITCH!:blobangery:
    servants (inner though) : how suddenly wangfei become more and more like wangye???? How us servants gonna live if she become 2nd king of hell??? *shivering* :sweating_profusely:

=======
    MC: i think it's time to settle our account!:blobdevil:
    ML : what account?
    MC : u r so famous with '7days pleasure' in the past!
    ML : how could you say that! I did it for you, ruin my reputation so can marry you. I keep my body virgin while throw all those to backyard!
    MC : then how u gonna clean that backyard?
    ML : that's all up to u. But how do u think they can get benwang's body?
    MC : it's not? According to rumours, no matter if it's a beauty, twin, mother daughter, or pretty boy, as long as it's pretty you will like!
    ML : do you think they r worthy to get benwang's body?
    MC (while straddling ML) : OFC NOT! Who dares to touch u beside me?!?! You're MINE!! whoever dare to come I'll kill them! (MC kiss ML)
    MC: MINE!! (pushed ML body to couch, the rest of it better not put here as it's become +18 scene) :blobnosebleed:
    Few hours later...
    MC inner though while lying weakly on bed : how did i end up like this???? :blobdead:

========
    After "abused" by ML for a whole nite, and cannot move the day after. MC look at her husband, wondering if ML is male succubus because he can make people soft just by looking. MC even see all her maids face red when helping her and fast to scramble out to stay faraway, otherwise they cannot keep their face straight. But ML still looked fresh and energetic.
    MC: how you r still there!?! not fast to roll?! :blobangery:
    ML : Roll? r u inviting your husband to roll on bed with you? :blobowoevil_horns:
    MC : Hmmmpp!!! (open the blanket, MC now laying naked like dead fish) as if you can still stand up!
    ML : what do you think??? (a certain bulge tent shape can be seen even layered by thick winter clothes)
    MC inner though : IS THIS PERSON REALLY HUMAN????:sweating_profusely:

========
    After different bed war,
    MC laying exhausted, while ML ask her
    ML : so you know you're making mistake?
    MC : yes... *weak voice*
    ML : what is your mistake?
    MC : uuuh... idk???? *brain still hanged*
    ML : how r u so silly, admiting mistake but do not know what kind of mistake you make. it's seems husband still need to teach you 3 hours more... If 3 hours not enough, we can make it 3 days, If 3 days not enough then 3 weeks. If 3 weeks not enough can be 3 months. If 3 months is not enough can be 3 years. If 3 years not enough, husband also can do it for 30 years.
    MC *inner screaming*: #W$%^TER&YT*YUIHJORTDFY!!! 30 years????!!??

========
    MC once thinking, since ML is virgin before marriage, how is he so skillful in bed matters?:hmm: Is his stamina is because accumulate after so long? :blobsweat_2:

========
    at MC's b'day, ML gift her a snow fox that's so cute
    MC : OOOOHHH i like this *stroke the fur* it's so soft!!!:aww:
    ML : since you like it, how about we make it to be a neck warmer for you. *giving evil glare to the fox*:blobdevil:
    MC : :blobfearful:

========
    ML : in throughout history, i must be the most henpecked wangye ever *looking like just bullied by MC* :blobsob::blobconfounded::blobcry:
    MC *inner voice* : IF YOU'RE HENPECKED THEN WHAT IS THE OTHERS?????

========
    MC: it seems like everything is easy just like snapping fingers for King of Hell (ML's nickname). Is there anything you ever need to spend so many though and times to plan?
    ML: yes, marrying you (readers: DOG FOOD CRITICAL HIT +100X DAMAGE):blobnosebleed:

When MC is going back home, her carriage is hit by a bully named He Shi Hai (HSH). He is the youngest son of general He who stationed in the northwest border. Usually in the border town nobody dare to offend him because he is very strong. At age 13yo he already goes to war, now 16yo almost unbridled. Even his dad couldn't reign him. Ofc MC got angry and drag him to wangfu so ML could giving him punishment. (note, HSH's dad actually warn his son to not carelessly offending ppl in capital, especially Jin Wangfu ppl. He even magnified Jin Wang emblem to make sure his son remember it. It's really HSH's "bad luck" to directly hit MC's carriage by accident.)

Well, ML sort of know what is this HSH's past live future, he become great general, but his family (parents and brothers) is dead, his body also hurts so he cannot has child. He fights the war without thinking like killing machine purely base on instinct. So now ML want to 'trained' him early, to saved him from past life'a fate, and drag his family to his side.

ML then 'punished' him by defeat him in martial art then make the doctor giving him special drug (which speed up healing time but very painful when applied, HSH later become traumatized with this drug). Then ML throw HSH back to his family, all the family member was crying and unwilling. But HSH suddenly wake up and said he want to meet his "idol" and run back to wangfu. All the family bewildered by this new infatuation and only after some persuading because his body is wounded he finally wait.

HSH himself is the kind of war maniac that only has eye for the strong. Soon he keep chasing after ML and running back and forth ML's wangfu to ML's carriages asking for rematch. Even MC tease ML, his face is so beautiful he can bend ppl, but ML keep cold face and ignore HSH. So later he ask the emperor to permit him fight ML. ML keep defeat him while giving some pointers and messages he told HSH to pass it to his dad. This messages later saved HSH's dad and brothers, so they feel grateful to ML. Not only that, they also amaze ML can 'tamed' HSH and make him grow up.

Even when HSH is in trouble offending other country Prince who come as ambassador, he runaway to ML's wangfu. He literally become ML's dog, when the Xiongnu tried to challenge ppl in the palace feast, ML just directly order HSH to teach those Xiongnu. He keep 'chasing' after ML whenever he in the capital(and when he need guidance), even jump over wangfu wall to meet him. Until ML threatened him to stop to avoid suspicion, otherwise he will isolated HSH to a place even worm cannot be seen if he keep coming.

in palace feast, ML was summoned by Su guifei, so MC left alone with her grandpa and grandma
    Grandpa : who didn't know Jin wangye is like a glue to you, how can he release you now? :blobamused:
    MC : so now grandpa also learn from wangye, gluing yourself to grandma?
    Grandpa : cough cough :blob_coughblood:
    Grandma : you little girl, is more and more disrespect to elder
    Grandpa : aaaahhhh...my cute granddaughter...now ruin by Jin wangye :blobsob:
    Grandma : ok...enough you too!!!:facepalm:

======
    still in the same palace feast,
    MC: grandma, now is winter, you should be careful in the palace. If you feel cold just tell the servants to get you warmer
    Grandma : it's ok, i live in capital when i'm young, i know the winter here. But you never know capital's winter, you should take care too.
    Grandpa : HEY!! why you only care for your grandma, but didn't ask warmer for your grandpa??
    MC : isnt grandpa every year come to palace feast in winter? you should be already used to it?
    Grandma : smug face to grandpa

======
    So there is a grain corruption case, and MC's dad suddenly present evidences he gathered in the past few months to MC's grandpa. MC grandpa didn't dare to directly give it to the emperor. So he send it to ML. ML just make a few change adjustment then send it to Yun Niang (who happen to be He Yang gongzhu in disguise. Long short story: she is current emperor's aunt who so notoriously brave, in the past marry to Xiongnu's king but rumored die after kill her husband. She didn't dead, but return to her country and open a famous rouge shop chain. MC make a trade agreement with her for her beauty product recipes. She also very wild in the past, dragging some young mens to drink and stuff, 1 of them was MC's grandpa. She even admit to MC, if MC's grandpa has not already married, maybe she will sleep with him).

This Yun Niang who now got the 'hot potatoes' doesn't want to be hassle with such stuff. Directly come to Luo fu and throw it back to MC's grandpa. MC's grandpa now lament is this karma because he throw this to ML last nite? After she gone, all the grandsons suddenly come and look at grandpa with weird stare.

MC's 3rd bro : grandpa, i heard a concubine you raise outside come to find you?:blobspy:
    Grandpa : WTF! Who is my concubine!?! :blobdevil:
    Bro : that woman just now... Isn't she come to you? You already this age... But still raising outside woman? :blobunsure:
    Grandpa : that's is Yun Niang! Owner of Rouge pavilion! How is she suddenly become my concubine?? Don't mess ur grandpa here you d*mn kid!:blobangery:

The next day, grandpa present the evidence to the emperor
    Emperor : where u got this?
    Grandpa : it's from Yun Niang
    Emperor : u know (my) imperial aunt? (surprised)
    Grandpa : we met few times when we young
    Emperor's inner voice (giving dirty disbelief look) : riiiiight....just met?? Never know this goody shoes Luo-aiqing has such 'wild' history with imperial aunt :blobamused:
    Grandpa's inner voice: I'M INNOCENT AH!! :blobsob:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  16. jenmini

Reading List:
    Link
    I love how grandpa luo becomes cuter as you read more

Shekel, LokaLari, Varsha0907 and 3 others like this.
  17. carly

carly Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are so kind. Huhuhu. I love you for spoiling us.

nicomcla1995 and LokaLari like this.
  18. Belli

Reading List:
    Link
    ugh.... this is actually very loooooooooooong spoiler...if you discourage by huge text wall (too long-dont read), well too bad....

The reason ML hate Su guifei in this 2nd live is because she is not change what she did from the 1st life. She "drugged" ML when ML 13yo (when he start puberty) so he cannot have a child. Both in 1st and 2nd life, although ML dodge it in the 2nd life, but for ML it's a betrayal. Originally ML though if she did not do it in 2nd life, he willing to care for her the rest of her life. But now? meeeh..... And in the 1st life after he married to his 1st life wangfei, his sex drive is not that big. Even some concubines he take is not really interesting to him. By some miracle, ML did have 1 son with MC. But after he board the throne, his body is deteriorate by poison. Even the ministers know how bad his body, they did not dare to offered open the harem. If not because he practically tyrant with bad temper and has son, maybe other ministry will rebel. Then he practically abstain from his harem in his later years.

ML later tell MC he is reincarnated person around chp 488, MC also told him about her own rein/transmigration death exp. MC angry because she think she is substitute of her past self. But ML then convince and force her to accept his "love" to MC. MC then start to questioning him, when he start to monitoring her, and some of MC's maid is actually send by ML in secret. And how ML actually peek her a LOT before MC even know him. And snuggle too, which make MC remember 1 time she think she got erotic dream. ML also told MC that she actually marry FYT in the past life, and he actually snatch her from FYT. MC think how shameless is ML, he is wife snatcher but he dare to angry jealous to the husband. He also told her, she died giving birth to their son. Because her status is FYT's wife, she cannot enter imperial tomb, and because she gave birth to ML's son she cannot be buried in Wu An houfu tomb.

1 time when ML's drunk in the past life, he openly blame his son about MC's death right in front of his son, his son answered he know. That's why his son keep an unnamed tablet in the altar to pray for his mom. ML then look at his son, realized how his son got MC's calm demeanor. He then tell his son where is MC's grave, then his son will come to MC's grave every year regardless of weather. It was then ML start to train his son as his heir properly. In ML's opinion, if this son is not worthy to be MC's son he will not be his heir, as he didn't mind to destroy the whole world. Later when ML dead, his son secretly get ML's body out of imperial tomb to buried besides MC's tomb.

there is a princess among Wei country's ambassador. She actually engage to West Xiongnu ppl, but she doesn't want to marry to wasteland. (iirc Xiongnu is basically mongols and huns). So she come to ML's country in hope to snatch 1 of the prince to marry. Aaaannndd this princess directly fall in love with our ML's beauty at palace feast. She even directly want to scheme "accidental rape by drunk" to him. But ofc our ML, who already live 2 lives, know this as well, he told MC to make counter plan few days before palace feast. MC then just let the accidental rape happen, but the male object is the emperor (LOL). MC even goes as far as making a picture of Huang guifei so realistic as present to the emperor to make him drunk willingly (only ML become victim here, because he had to wear dresses, make up, and hair accessories to be MC's model, while Gong mama telling MC which part need to be photoshop in the picture).

After the deed done, the emperor who also angry, just named the princess as xianfei to giving face to Wei country. But the Xiongnu's ppl who also in the feast, react badly because the princess originally their country fiance. Now the princess actually send to the emperor, is Wei actually look down on them or what? So Wei and Xiongnu rls become tense after this (all this also within ML's calculation)

=======
    Still in the same palace feast, suddenly Qin shufei got poisoned. The reason soon known because of the chicken and potpourri sachet both contain poison ingredient (harmless when separate). This is done by the queen, because previously the queen got sick (also by ML's hand to revenge MC from 1st prince), later her phoenix seal got taken by the emperor and he give it to Qin shufei. The chicken also come from Luo family's farm, but ML help erased the evidence. This poisoning incident actually trigger another event.

Huang guifei's soul actually wandered on earth as ghost after her death. In the ML's 1st life, she trapped in a jade ML carry. The jade actually got blessed by a great monk (Le Chen Master) who told her, this jade might save someone's life. But she died before that happen. She witness how unhappy her son live, and feel guilty. On ML's deathbed, Huang guifei's ghost cried on his bed side, and wished if she could help ML, ML deliriously said what the need to safe if he cannot return back what he lost. Then Huang guifei wish to return the time so her son can regain what he lost. The price of returning the time is her soul will be vanished. But by her will, she keep cling to be there, and this time, attached to someone who is close to her numerology, which is turn out to be Qin shufei. She could from time to time, "speak" to Qin shufei, that's why Qin shufei actually helping ML despite her niece marry 4th prince.

When Qin shufei poisoned, her own soul is weakened, so Huang guifei can control the body for a while. After "Qin shufei" awaken, the 1st person she ask is ML. ML then realized Qin shufei is "different" when he look at her. He directly ask "who are you?" So Huang guifei told him who she is, why this reincarnated happen. Her soul almost spend now, but ML wish to preserve her soul. So he ask Le Chen master how to save his mother soul so her soul will not vanish. Le Chen master told him to build 81 altars, with 81 priest, pray nonstop for 81 days, better if the people also pray for her as well. This is something too big for ML, in his opinion, it's easier to kill 10k ppl then making 10k ppl pray. So later he deceive the emperor, about Huang guifei cannot reincarnated, need to be prayed. This make a lot of ppl wary, because the emperor convinced, Huang guifei will show up to him again if done prayed. If this happen, maybe ML's status will risen up, some ppl dont want that happen. So they make bad rumours about Huang guifei is evil ghost, and tried to ruin the altar. ML already consider this, so he make use of some natural landslide, put a statue in the landslide. As if it's just send from heaven. At the same time with the landslide, ordering the northwest border to make final battle. So the winning battle is become good sign. The ruin altar, ML choose a site where ancient cauldron buried. When the altar collapse and 'reveal' the treasure all ppl now believe of the good sign.

strangely after the emperor's drunk rape and Qin shufei poisoning happen the palace feast still ongoing :sweating_profusely:

=======
    Back to the original palace feast, the queen who tried to poison Qin shufei, actually got countered poison. Because of her weakened state, to show up in the palace feast, she ask doctor to prescribe her an energy drink. The doctor giving 4x dosage of certain herb, then the queen now coma. The culprit? oh this is ironic, turn out to be her own mother, Sun laofuren. She now just waiting to die and watching Ding guogong family slowly ruin. But she didnt want SYJ and SYL to dragged. So she directly kick out SYL from family, and prescribe the queen the poison to warn her about Luo family. The emperor blinded of the culprit from both Qin shufei and queen poisoning, because ML cover it.

3rd prince is basically slag man. He look woman as walking womb. As long as they can breed his child, he will not care a shit about the mom's dead or alive. Take an example from 1 of the concubine in his residence, Concubine A (i really forgot her name) got praise when she is pregnant. Even the prince promised her, after she giving birth to a son, he will ask Su guifei to promote her to cefei. But when the baby born, it's a girl. What happen next is, the prince didn't even look at the baby, or the mom. The doctor also didn't care the mother's post partum bleeding, so she died after 30 minutes she giving birth, the baby got neglected and died within a day. Even when Su guifei heard it's another dead daughter she has no reaction.

When MC's 4th tangmei Luo Jing Ying (LJY) seduced by 3rd prince, half the reason it's success is because she blinded by jealousy toward MC and her wish to marry better than MC. MC at that time still engage to CZM. In LJY eyes he only a small scholar without achievement or future. While this wangye look so grand in front of her. When she 1st time meet 3rd prince, it's because LJY's carriage hit Yuyao wengzhu's carriage and break the ornament Yuyao keep inside carriage (she want to present it to her mom). 3rd prince realize it's Luo's family daughter carriage, so he tried to be hero, make a peace between Yuyao and LJY. LJY so deeply impressed by this, she later ask her dad, why is he supporting 1st prince, not 3rd prince. She reasoned with her dad, 3rd prince look smarter than 1st prince, so his future is brighter. Her dad somehow convinced, because 1st prince is look down on him. So he later secretly meet 3rd prince.

For "smart" 3rd prince, he a bit sloppy not investigated what happen in Luo jia, or Luo jia attitude toward LJY's dad and LJY herself. He "secretly" seduce LJY at MC's brother's wedding party. The location he choose? its behind the rockeries in the garden (so unromantic). And he convince LJY to secretly meet him outside. LJY at that time already grounded by Luo grandma because she secretly helping Li Ru Yu attacking MC. With the help of LJY's teacher who come from Liu's clan (she also greedy thinking LJY can return the glory of Liu clan, she teach LJY various way to "please" the prince. Im not kidding.... this teacher apparently only knew how to teach a girl to be slut). So when she return back from prince's wangfu, LJY got seen coming from outside via side door by MC, then MC report it to grandma. After grandma force check, (let all of u imagine how), basically grandma confirm LJY is no longer virgin. So grandma super angry, because if heard by outsiders, all the girls in Luo jia cannot be married out. Not to mention, grandpa Luo is minister in Rites dept, who oversee of right conduct but his granddaughter action so fickle. So grandma Luo then punish all her servant to silence them, this make all the servant in Luo jia dont want to serve LJY. Later when she married to 3rd prince wangfu, she practically alone didn't bring any servant. Luo jia also only giving her very small dowry (compare to MC), and even LJY's mom feel this daughter is doomed anyway, so she didn't care.

In the wangfu, she soon become another tyrant, who only being tolerated by wangfei and the prince because of Luo name. She never know her dad is being trampled by horse not because of 1st prince but by 3rd prince's scheme. When she found out pregnant (MC suspect LJY already pregnant when she still in Luo jia), the prince tell Luo jia of this "happy news". But whole Luo jia is silent, even congratulatory word is not out. Then 3rd prince start to realize LJY's rank in Luo jia. And he start to compare MC and LJY because Luo jia attitude of very careful choosing husband for MC. Ultimately he regret he choose wrong woman from Luo jia when MC become 1st elder princess adopted daughter. Even though he think MC is wasted become ML's wife, with such good family standing he thinks it should be his support. In anger, he make 1 of his concubine to retell how grand is MC's coming of age ceremony (LJY never has her coming of age), how many important people come, how many expensive gifts MC receive. And how MC now officially ML's fiance, in the future she will be wangfei while LJY at best could only become cefei (LJY current status is yiniang). This lead to LJY early abortion. When the stillborn out, its already form as male baby. This make 3rd prince regret, because this is the only male baby happen to him, yet stillborn because careless work. He blamed the concubine he ordered to telltale to LJY (SRSLY?!?!?!?). Even Su guifei regret the baby is stillborn (not what happen to LJY).

Later LJY finally realized her own situation. What kind of place she choose and what kind of ppl those surround her. 1 of ML's subordinate then come to LJY, giving her medicine for revenge. This med effect is only look like mild cold. But in the long run, it will sterilize the target. So LJY give it to 3rd prince. She even convince 3rd prince she want to ask MC to forgive her. What happen when she met MC is she directly tell MC how dirty the 3rd wangfu and how she regret marry to it, then hit her head against stone. MC then asked 3rd prince to give LJY divorce letter, so she can bury LJY in Luo jia. 3rd prince didnt want to because he want to kill LJY personally now. But with ML pressuring 3rd prince, he finally give the divorce letter. MC told her grandma to make funeral for LJY, as for now on, "LJY" already dead. Then LJY's mom "adopted" a relatives daughter who look like LJY, named her Luo Si Ying*

(*im going to digress a bit here, in case you dont understand the importance of name. Chinese family usually giving their children same series of name in each generation. In MC's generation, Jing is the series name, so you see MC and her brother and sister all has Jing word character. MC's dad generation all got Rong character. MC's grandpa is Pei character. And SYJ's generation all got Yi character. While ML's family in his generation is Hong, so all the princes got Hong character. This character is not come randomly or decided parent/elder, but recorded in the family book (there is complicated way to count it). The 2nd name (ex. MC: Wan, LJY: Ying) is usually given by parent/elder. Now LJY is renamed LSY, she basically treated like outsiders (even thou still same surname and person). And not even included in the generation book. While this is can be said family record (in the ancient time government maybe change, and record lost, but family genealogy book basically stay within family), you entitled to receive family benefit (inheritance or dowry depend on you are male or female), this can be boomerang when the emperor want to exterminate whole clan. All they need is checking this book. I know this because i still got name and recorded in ancient family book while my cousin did not because her mom is not recognized by elders in my family. Ofc this is not really treat as serious matter in this modern age, when your parents maybe want to give you western name. But in ancient times, this is serious matter because it decide how the family elder attitude toward you.)

Because Su guifei greatly dissatisfied with MC (MC never follow what Su guifei want). So Su guifei want to put cefei for ML, at 1st it's just suggestion to MC, but ML directly refused it. Then Kang wang (1st prince) send woman as gift to ML, MC directly return it to Kang wangfu, making dispute with him (later as revenge, ML poison the queen, kang wang's mom). This giving MC reputation of not virtuous wife, who is jealous. Some ministry want to pressure the emperor to make ML divorce MC. But MC just giving the emperor few millions of silver she "accepted" as bribes in Jiangnan. So the emperor rather mild toward her.

Later when everyone eaten dog food by ML and MC, all girls suddenly realized ML is so sweet toward MC...Why they cannot have too??? So with Su guifei fanning behind and suggested to the emperor, to giving imperial edict (about giving cefei) so MC and ML cannot refuse. She even still gloating to MC about this and directly choose those from her clan. 2 days before those 2 cefeis come to wangfu, 1 of them got "accidental" land slide while visiting temple, and a "random' rock hit her head, so now she is coma. The other 1 become so afraid, she refused to get in the palanquin. So her family drugged her, but only light dosage, so she awaken in the middle of the way. She directly scared to death.

When the palanquin arrived in the wangfu gate, the matchmaker lady scream because the lady already dead. Mu gonggong who come out to welcome them, then just tell them to scram, dead people better never cross wangfu's gate. This 2 "accidents" wake all people who mooning over ML to remember Jin wang's original reputation before marrying MC. Even the emperor convince, his son's numerology is so heavy, nobody can safely married to him beside MC. So later this cefei talk never be mention again.

Ofc, ML is not sit still when Su guifei try to undermine MC, he get MC's revenge. The 3rd prince actually still want to shamelessly leech of ML's reputation. But ML cold face to Su guifei after "helping" covering Jiangnan corruption case. So later he told 3rd prince to give him 5 million (either 5mill or 500k) silver as thank you gift. But 3rd prince cannot gather that much silver in short time, so he had to ask his mom. Su guifei also had to ask her family. But ML now make Su guifei nephew tangled by brothel woman (who later turn out to be the nephew's daughter, but she want to revenge her mom). The brothel woman make the nephew so infatuated, he spend money on her crazily. But she refused to be bought by him, and 1 day she sleep with another man. This make the nephew blinded and killed the man. Ofc Su guifei helping to cover up the crime. But she know she cannot ask money from the family because the nephew squandered the family money on brothel woman.

=======
    Then Min gongzhu (Su guifei's daughter), she actually abused her husband. In the past life, she got abused by CZM, but now, she abused her husband. She didn't want to give birth a child, so she forbid her husband to come her bedroom. But she also forbid him to has concubine. Then she likes to summon him few times a day just to make him kneel in front of her room. Basically never look at this fuma like husband but like toy she can abuse. ML then release news to her, that her boytoy fuma actually has a concubine he raised in outside and 2 children. What happen later is the princess drag them all to her fu, then proceed to torture them. When the fuma see his children tongue being cut, he went berserk, directly bite the princess (he is tied), then take a chunk of her ear. Basically make her look like Fred Weasley, but less funny, and very crazy.

This huge incident cannot be cover up so the emperor soon knows too. The 3rd prince hate his sister because she is not even helping him but become his hindrance. After the emperor already giving punishment edict, ML finally come (super late). Su guifei, 3rd brother, and the princess all giving him hoping look, because if anyone can save them, it's ML.
    ML: father em....
    Emperor : ROLL!!!! THIS IS WOMAN'S TROUBLE, WHAT ARE YOU DOING INSERTING FOOT HERE??!!
    ML : *look hesitated* okay..... *rolled away*
    Sg, 3rd prince, princess : WHAT??????

MC got bored so she make horse track in her farm, then inviting all nobles in capital to come and bringing their horse to compete and betting. Basically MC making horse race casino. Lots of ppl come and betting money, make all the princes green with envy. When they comment it to ML, ML only retort, my wangfei need pocket money to buy cosmetic. All the prince almost vomit blood because of this, because MC is famous for her beauty recipes and got a lot of money from Rouge Pavillions. In their heart, even if ML want to make excuse, at least make a believable 1!!! So now the princes want to "ruin" it. In their mind, if the event ruin, MC got bad name, and the horse track has to be close, but they later will convince the emperor to open another 1. :blob_sunglasses:

So the cannon fooder chosen this time is a heir from Bai clan. Bai clan originally is the empress dowager's clan (current emperor's mother clan) but after the emperor board the throne, he pressure them. Before empress dowager's death, she beg the emperor, as long as Bai clan didn't have traitorous heart, he will let them live, the emperor comply with this request. The current Bai clan now only has 1 young son, who is emperor's cousin. This heir is born after the mother almost 40yo, so basically this is the treasure of the clan. But this heir now maimed to death by tiger who escaped from the cage from ML's private garden. :cookie:

Bai family ofc making huge noise, but ML still calm, even said to Bai family, if you make drama like this, don't blame me to revenge. Bai family think the ML only bluffing and he cannot escape the guilt. But ML tell the emperor, so many ppl want to make benwang to be dirty. A good tiger suddenly escape by itself from a sanctuary that strong enough to hold 100 tigers is suspicious. Not to mention, Bai family actually refuse the autopsy or making funeral but directly complaining to palace. This wake the emperor, so he ordered investigation. Even after investigation a lots of details is not clear. The Bai making huge fuss for ML and MC come to the funeral and kneel to the coffin. ML and MC come in very very bright festive color clothes (in chinese funeral you have to wear solemn color, if the 1 dead is your immediate family, you have to wear white, if not maybe light blue or other light color). :blobowoevil_horns:

This directly make Bai family angry again, but then ML dropped the bomb. "Is the 1 inside the coffin really Bai's family blood?" This sentence directly scare Bai furen. He know from his past live, the Bai's heir is not the real child of the Bai's father. His mom cheated when she already 40yo, then gave birth to Bai heir. Ofc, the drama next become a husband who wear green hat for so long and 60yo previously "noble virtuous" lady branded as slut and divorced by her husband. Thus end the dispute of Bai with ML+MC.

The next month, MC still open the horse track again. But this time, before she did it, she "send" 100k silvers she gain from previous horse race to the emperor to help the emperor lessen the worry from war (that's happening in the northwest). OFC the emperor mouth now saying how filial ML is, the other prince all only talk to help, but ML the only 1 do something to help this poor old man.:blob_coughblood:

So when the 2nd horse race event, the emperor come to look at the event secretly. MC and ML pretend to be 'surprised', but when the emperor back, he encounter assassins. Actually the assassin's target is MC, but the master tell them, if cannot get close to MC, just kill randomly to make chaos. Just this bad luck actually encounter the emperor, the emperor believe this assassins come to target him, and ordered heavy investigation. All the assassins was captured, tortured by emperor's hidden guard and later killed secretly by ML order. At this point, ML already get both emperor's palace guard commander and hidden guard vice commander. Because the assassins killed in prison, the emperor sack the commander, and make the vice commander become new commander (making both guard commander is in ML side now)

The culprit from both 1st and 2nd race accident is turn out to be Su guifei. She now greatly hate MC, in her mind, MC turn her son (ML) to against her. In reality, ML already fed up acting to Su guifei, so when Jiangnan corruption case happen, ML use this event to break ties with her. He secretly erased 3rd prince corruption evidence, while complaining to Su guifei, this is the last time he help his ungrateful brother, and acting like wounded child because his mom choose other brother. Su guifei didn't think about this, but blame MC because MC refused to help her talk with ML. So she want to kill MC and change her son's wife.

ML now so angry with Su guifei as she dare to kill MC. He ask MC to forgive him, he cannot directly revenge her. In ML's words, it's better to give her hope, then crush her, give a little hope, then crush her again. Ironic considering ML's persona in public is famous for "straightforwardness", "if somebody mess with him, he usually directly trashed them but soon forgot about it." ML also didn't want the emperor to easily kill Su guifei, so he kill the assasins.

What he did to Su guifei now, rmb Su guifei nephew who has bright future in the office but got involved in murder case? Yep, now suddenly the parents of the victim come and demand justice. The case now full blown to public, making bad name to Su jia. The nephew got banished because of this, and Su guifei brother also downgrade 3 tiers. After this done, ML get somebody to remind 3rd prince there is no pregnant news from his backyard for long time. And later make the 3rd prince confirm he is being almost sterilized and only has minimal chance to have child. The 3rd prince didn't give up, he later ordered his wangfei to pregnant (i assume she has to sleep with other man).

Then when the border war got shortage of grain, the 3rd prince tried to get merits by helping the emperor to gather food for army. The emperor actually want to destroy Fu family, so he tell the 3rd prince to slowly do it, don't buy it overprice (all other courtiers is secretly afraid of the emperor because of this, because it's urgent matter, yet the emperor seems very leisure). Well, the 3rd prince really do it slowly, and buy it cheap. But some of his ppl got greedy, trying to force farmers to force buy it cheap and make them hungry and have to refuge to capital. The 3rd prince's man also buy from grain traders with "normal" price but the grain they buy filled with lots of gravels and already moldy. When this found out, the emperor got angry to the 3rd prince, directly banned him to reflect on his wangfu for long time.

3rd wangfei is originally a woman choose and 'trained' by Su guifei. So she is very docile to Su guifei, anything is for wangye, wangfu, and Su guifei. She secretly envy MC can openly reject Su guifei without hesitation, and ML still fully support her. She actually not really bad woman, she just too robotic with such husband and mother in law.

The 3rd wangfei, now already fed up with her mother in law and husband. She tried to be good wife and daughter in law, but all she got is this?? While the baby she carrying is might or might not be son (Su guifei crazily insist it has to be son), the crime of deceiving royal blood is very heavy. If known, even her other daughters will not be spare. She then make a mini rebellion toward her mother in law and husband. Directly leave the wangfu to go to live in the farm with her 2 daughters. Her husband is banned by the emperor, so he cannot forced her back. And she is now pregnant, the servant won't dare to forced her too. This rebellion act is huge stab for Su guifei, as usually 3rd wangfei is very docile.

ML also poisoned the emperor, but want to give false hope to him. To make the emperor not suspicious, ML visiting Su guifei with his personal doctor. Su guifei now love and hate this adopted son because he is not helping her and her son when trouble happen. Add with multiple blow ML gives her in the dark, she become older. Its not very hard for her to pretend very very sick and weak to gain his attention. But what happen is not what she think:
    Sg : so you now willing to visit mother again? *grudgingly with teared eye* :blobcry:
    ML : oh, quit acting, do you know how i hate looking your face? *sneer* :blobowoevil:
    Sg : what????? :eek:
    ML : do u know i'm the 1 drug your son? *gloat*:blobowoevil_horns:
    Sg : LI HONG YUAN!!! EVEN SO, YOU WILL NEVER BECOME THE NEXT EMPEROR!! DO YOU THINK THE EMPEROR WILL LET YOU?? YOU ARE DEVIL CHILD!! YOUR MOM KILLED BY THE EMPEROR!! I ONLY CARE FOR YOU BECAUSE YOU BRING ME EMPEROR'S ATTENTION!! :blobdevil::blobangery::blobdevil::blobangery::mad::mad::mad: (yep she practically scream this in anger)
    ML : mother....what r you talk about?????:blobastonished: *sounds puzzle and lost* (but his face still sneering) :blobowoevil:
    ML : *in low voice* you should look at the door (evil laugh huehehehehe) :blobsmirk::blobowoevil:
    Voilaaaa!!! the emperor happen to visit his child as well... can Su guifei say Oooopss?? nope....:blobfearful:
    Emperor : YOU DAMN WOMAN!!! HOW DARE U (spill his secret)!!!:blobdevil:
    what happen next is a lots of palace lady in Su guifei palace killed, and Su guifei now forbidden to out (basically she thrown to cold palace):blobdead::blobdead::blobdead::blobdead::blobdead::blobdead::blobdead:
    ML : father....is this true????:blobastonished::blobsob: *still acting lost, then he turn and go away looking hurt* (i swear ML's acting is like fighting oscar)
    Emperor : Son!!! this is not what happen~~!!!!! :blobsob: *look at his son goes away* (this 1 also fighting oscar)
    In the end ML "forgot" to bring back his doctor and left him near the emperor. This doctor is the 1 save both Qin shufei and the queen. The emperor already know he is being poisoned, so he just ask him to look at his pulse. The doctor just said, the body a bit bad, but after some treatment will cured (basically ensuring the emperor).

So much roundabout for making the emperor taking med without suspicion :sweating_profusely:

=====
    the stories behind Fu jia is actually rather tragic. According to the info ML recovered from Su jia, Su and Fu jia is actually brother from same mother. The mother 1st marry to Su jia, gave birth to a son, but later robbed by Fu jia and gave birth to another son. While the Su brother know Fu brother is his half brother, the Fu brother didnt know he got half brother. Later with the 1st emperor they fight together and build the country. The 1st emperor then giving title to both Su and Fu. But Su is wounded during the war, making the Fu got military power. In the eye of Su brother, this Fu is always rob everything he has. He tried to ruin Fu jia, but Fu jia is very strong with his military power. :blobdevil:

So when the 1st emperor in tour inspection, Su brother set up a fake monk to meet "inadvertently" with the emperor. The monk give the emperor a fake prophecy, "The Li is the real dragon, and Fu is fake dragon. But if Fu stronger than Li, it will swallow the real dragon. If not killed fast, the country will be surnamed Fu by the 6th emperor" (the current emperor is 5th). The 1st emperor didn't trust it just right away, he ordered his subordinate to investigate. There is real monk with good reputation, but the 1 the emperor meet is his fake. The emperor didn't know he met a fake, so he later trust the prophecy and told the next generation. That's why the current emperor want to kill FYT in the past life and again in the 2nd life, even doesn't care if he need to sacrificed 300k soldiers to do so. Because in his eye, he protecting his sons chance to board the throne. Ofc this is not what happened in the 1st life, as ML become the 6th emperor, and FYT 2 nephews still alive by the time he board the throne.

19. jenmini

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually really dislike the second SS it's like a completely different vibe from the rest of the story. I already decided I won't be translating SS2, the modern slang lingo tone of the SS2 really kills me inside.