Hello Newbies! A Welcome Thread for You Reader!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FlowingSong, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Hotato

Hotato Eternally Confused

Reading List:
    Link
    >.>

2. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same!

3. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lynch!

4. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s okay

5. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lynch?!
    What’s that.

6. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Already got 61 likes....

7. Tinker Bell

Reading List:
    Link
    Hang the irresponsible potato!

8. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    profile posts

9. Tinker Bell

Reading List:
    Link
    Already ran out too <.<

Elsa likes this.
  10. Shoumil

Shoumil Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So you guys went over here. Interesting

11. Shoumil

Shoumil Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name/Nickname:
    Shoumil and people usually call me Shou (online)

Genres: Fantasy/Action/Romance/Adventure/etc.

Favorite Novel:
    Quanzhi Fashi becuase to me it has a unique story line (most likely others similar to it but I haven't read those). Also, I enjoy the idea of cultivating to become better and the morals the main character fights for are reasonable. Overall, the characters and their personality help build the entire story and make it an enjoyable experience to read imo.

Extra Stuff:
    I'm currently a Computer Science Major in University. I usually go to the gym everyday for about 2 hours. I enjoy things related to outer space and use Discord on a daily basis as I manage a server of 4.5k people. Let's see... what else.. oh yeah, I play games like League of Legends and occasionally Mobile Legends. I tend to be an honest and kind person. My personality is more of the quiet type but I'll talk if I'm interested in the topic or if I know the person I'm talking to.

12. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    welcome to nuf and may you have a fun and enjoyable time here

Shoumil likes this.
  13. BarkaelZor

BarkaelZor Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, Since I'm not so sure where to ask it I'll ask here, is it possible to recommend a web-novel to the people of this forum? and where would be the best to do it? I can't really post it on the site itself since it's a cyoa thing but I can definitely recommend it to people in here if it's allowed, and since I can't post links yet I'll post the summery of it here:

"Inspired by the Manhwa concept, 'The Gamer' explores what your typical, 18 year old gaming nerd might do when he suddenly manifests magical abilities that turn him into a video game character in the real world. It's not all fun and 'games' however, as John Newman is thrown head first into the dangerous magical world hiding around him. Discover and read through about a dozen different possible narratives with reoccurring themes and characters as John simultaneously both struggles to adjust to his new life... and keep from losing it. Mature readers only."

No, it's not another bad fanfiction, it has a lot of content(3.5M+ words) and the story awesome as well. anyway do you think I can post it in here?(not in this thread obviously)

14. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    If it's your novel, you can post in the Community Fictions section, so long as you follow its rules. You could also post it on Scribblehub, which is Tony's new original fiction site which will be sort of linked with NU.

If it's not, you can post a recommendation in the Novel General section, I think. I've seen a few people do that before.

BarkaelZor likes this.
  15. BarkaelZor

BarkaelZor Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all thanks for answering, got another question, I checked the rules of the site and the first one is "No NSFW/racist/avatars/propaganda post" now the said novel is NSFW, it's not smut but it has some sex scenes in it. My question is can I still post it if I make it very clear that it's a nsfw story?

16. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably not if you mean to post the whole story in the Community Fictions section, but Scribblehub has no rules against NSFW (though you'd have to recommend it here from Scribblehub anyway).

But if you're just recommending a novel that happens to be NSFW, there shouldn't be anything stopping you. It's probably good to mention that it is NSFW in case anyone doesn't want to read that sort of novel, though. And remember to put an R18 tag if there's going to be any description of the NSFW in the thread.

BarkaelZor likes this.
  17. BarkaelZor

BarkaelZor Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright thanks, so it should be fine, the link itself will be nsfw but not what I post in the body of the thread, just a very long description of the story and what to expect.

Moonpearl likes this.
  18. Temujin

Temujin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Coming back after a two year hiatus is wild. First, I moved, decided that I wanted Therapy, went into therapy, reasoned out that I have coping skill issues. Then I decided to get a dog and foster a maman and her nine puppies. Adopted Maman because I fell in love with the big nervous marshmallow. And now she is a good moral boost when I'm typing away on a gamer keyboard.

Hmm... Mechanical keyboard...

Anyway. It's good to be properly back.

econ likes this.
  19. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    welcome back

Temujin likes this.
  20. hongzu

hongzu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name/Nickname you want us to call you: HongZu
    Hobbies/interests: Tokusatsu、brainstorming、novel
    Genres you read often/tags you often look for: Characters have normal intelligence、the author is not literary and artistic youth and has no antisocial tendencies、no irresponsible stop update. Besides, all is forgiven.
    Your favourite novel/read and WHY:
    1.《异常生物见闻录》(《The Record of Unusual Creatures》):

The original author of this comment is 幽明之羽, from the QiDian, I quote this comment to express my heart:
    "He has witnessed the lives and deaths of tens of billions of people, recorded the rise and fall of the whole civilization, ended the fate of the stars.
    He took over power from the last God of Olympia, raised the last race of a broken universe, and shouldered the responsibility of guiding the direction of hope for the exiles in the dark forest.
    With this handsome but three seconds shape, the wheel of fate is constantly turning.
    He is the grave sweeper of civilization, the explorer of history, ordinary but unusual, perhaps one of our members but conscientiously maintaining the peace of the world.
    Science fiction classic series, mature writing is worth reading.
    In the story of happy superhuman beings, it is normal for even the devil lord who defeated the world to watch 《People's Daily》 and repair electrical appliances every day, and it seems normal that the most mysterious and ancient vampire who attract the Red Moon can cook a good dish and live frugally at home.Just like Xiang Yu is so powerful but can't use squat toilets in the "Galloping horse treading on a flying swallow" position, Zeus is so mysterious that if he sits on the throne for a long time, his buttocks will ache.
    This is the daily life and story of a group of unusual creatures."
    2.《晚明》(Unofficial translation:《The Late Ming Dynasty》):
    The most outstanding portrayal of characters and war in the historical novels I have read, reasonable reasoning based on detailed historical documents.
    3.《许仙志》(Unofficial translation:《The Biography of Xu Xian》):
    Perfect integration of mythological fantasy world, shaped several charming heroines. Although it is a harem novel, but the reading is not disgusting, because the emotional experiences of the MC and several female protagonists are remarkable.
    4.《搬山》&《升邪》(Unofficial translation:《Move Mountains》、《Rise of The Evil》):
    Works by the same author, the plot is compact while the logic is tight, and they have a very delicate description of the characters. Most importantly, the two novels' reflection on the Xian'Xia culture is very rare in network novels: Is it qualified to treat ordinary human beings as inferior creatures after gaining strength? Is it right to enjoy benefits without taking responsibility? Is it really good to pursue power blindly and give up human nature?
    5.《惊悚乐园》(《Terror Paradise》):
    The author's rich imagination has created a charming protagonist and dozens of unrepeatable adventures. A mortal who is not mortal, for friends and lover, changes himself from a chess piece to a chess player with wisdom in the gambling game between gods and devils. But in a serious context, there are countless wonderful and humorous words, not to mention those meme in the plot.
    I have just come to this forum and this is my first post, I hope you will not be confused by my Chinglish.

Moonpearl likes this.