Spoiler The Novel's Extra

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Sami11, Jul 11, 2018.

1. neolyn

neolyn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for spoilers

Like I said, author makes things bigger and bigger but never resolve them and honestly that's tiring and boring.
    Every single time he does that. Some things need closure to develop new things, and good closure, this ass half closure with Boss/Hajin talk is no good. The Nayun "problem" is the one who needs to evolve the most yet author is persistent letting things like that. Right now it's the biggest flaw of the novel IMO.

Yeonha's side needs is not explore enough. Her side is connected to Nayun's a-hole grandpa too and we never hear anything about it only from the CT side.

It's even worse than the Nayun " problem " because Nayun we see her often.

Author is gonna lose reader if he keeps going down that path either because they are bored or frustrated.

Leilacus likes this.
  2. moneng85

moneng85 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. SweetShireen

SweetShireen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am so disappointed with the constant misunderstandings. I just binged all chapters in 1 day and am a new reader but Im already considering dropping it!

Why is the author so insistent on making MC act like such a pushover in front on Nahyun?? MC is the fucking AUTHOR of this world, he CREATED Nahyun and hasnt had even one speck of feelings towards her but as soon as he kills her brother its fucking Titanic star crossed lovers shit??
    I'm losing my respect for MC, yes I understand that hes guilty but its been FOUR YEARS. MAN UP BITCH. It also feels like Author is purposely doing this and mking Hajin OOC bc overall Hajin is usally clever and says what he needs to live. He has a GOAL, he wants to save this world and go back home. Author you telling me he would let his OWN characters beat him up to death just bc he killed a devil that was in her brother?? Get a grip!

I am SO tired of Nahyun, shes annoying as fuck and as stupid as they can come. She has no significance to this story ad is dead weight, if I drop the story itll be bc of her so thanks a lot Author

Leilacus likes this.
  4. Cellan

Cellan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nayuns empty head is what makes her cute so cant blame her. Hajins acting like such a pushover like one of those boyfriends in korean dramas who cheated on their girlfriend lol

5. Aina Seira

Aina Seira Princess For Life

Reading List:
    Link
    Once again, I firmly believe that Kim Hajin's name is synonymous with stupid

Aimless190 and Leilacus like this.
  6. FHandsome

FHandsome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yepp, author need to be threaten to make story better, Lol.

Still remember how shitty the Ending Monster who level up

7. Eifreiht

Eifreiht Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While it’s been four years put yourself in his perspective. He killed a friend’s brother, essentially betraying her in her eyes and ruining her life. While four years is a considerable timeframe, you have to realize that guilt doesn’t just dissipate. Even people irl suffer trauma from witnessing murderer for many years yet he is there one who “did” it, you can’t expect him to swagger up to Nayun and brush it all off, he’s nervous for her reaction and scared to give any reason for his murder. Would you be able to do what you want him to? Kill your friend’s brother who is probably the single most important thing to them and try saying it had to be done with as little guilt as possible, not exactly a easy action is it?

Aimless190, rairia17 and PHThanatos like this.
  8. moneng85

Reading List:
    Link
    i bet people will reply "yeah, i could, i am strong unlike him and can kill people effortlessly without guilt" but they never realize that is it happens to them, the trauma might even be worse. Not that i am saying Hajin always make the best decision but come on guys, let the author roll with it and see where is get to. the worse thing that can happen is a waste of yo time for ever reading this and quit reading the novel mid-way.
    Sometimes people that complain truly have brilliant ideas though, and if they wanted to write a novel, try using some of the novel's good part and change the parts that they dont like, might be a masterpiece(disclaimer! not 100%)

9. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Eifreiht likes this.
  10. neolyn

neolyn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In a way ... yeah Hajin really needs to man up.
    Part of the "why" Nayun is still unberable is because she's clueless about the "why" Hajin killed her brother.
    Nayun is basicly a kid, she needs someone to help her grow.
    From the moment he defeated her in the archer competion to her finding out he was the murderer, Nayun grew up a lot, to the point she was a bit likable ( or a lot, such things are subjective after all).

but at that point not only did she stop growing, she regressed instead and is even more insufferable than when she's was at the begining of the novel.

As Hajin predicted her heart is weak and him not telling her the truth was a good thing at the time, she got stronger thanks to that.

But now Nayun needs Hajin's help to grow up again, not in strength but in heart. That's actually the main reason why Hajin hides the truth, so her heart can grow stronger, so she can stop being a child.

It completly backfired.

And instead of pushing her again like he did before the murder, he does nothing.

That's pretty inconsisent of him. He felt guilty towards her even before he actually killed her brother, felt guilt after but he always, always didn't let his guilt get in the way. Now he constantly does, that makes no sense.

Following his normal behavior he should either taunt her, or tell her the truth so she can think about it and makes some peace with what happened.

Author's gonna get trashed if he doesn't resolved this plotline perfectly.

Leilacus, moneng85 and SweetShireen like this.
  11. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    You know I think if Hajin has just told the truth, Nayun might even accept it
    'cause even now Nayun's still subconsciously believe in Hajin

12. Totocoroco

Totocoroco Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC of a novel can only be as smart as his Author , i think the author is really smart,but just like Hajin he makes some very stupid decision some times, like with the ending of Monster that levels up.
    Like most novels with time regression/knowing the future, most korean MC(unlike the japanese ones) know their goal and plan ahead, one of the reason i like this novel so much is that everyone has goals, most character are not one dimensional, and for most of the time the MC(Hajin) never act in a way that make me think(why the hell did he do that) and he is always acting, instead of just reacting to stuff(again unlike japanese ones), but here is the problem that is making everyone so piss off: "Nayun".
    The author want to create some tension between character but the way he is doing is hurting the story because everyone will always ask themselfs "why the hell! can't he just tell her the truth, and stop acting like a total pussy in front of her"
    yeah a know he fell guild about killing her brother but the Author never once explain why he can't tell her the truth, first he did what he had to do plus 4 year already pass giving time to heal his heart/guild and there is no more reason to hide the truth anymore, there is a diference between acting emocional and just acting plain stupid, and as long as he acting that way no matters how smart his decisions are, you will end up angry at him for continue to act stupid

SweetShireen likes this.
  13. Totocoroco

Reading List:
    Link
    Trump:Make america great again :hmm::blobthinkingsmirk:

Rachel: Make Britain great again
    Yoo Yeonha:Make Essence of the Strait great again
    Shin Jonghak:Make Jonghak family name great again
    Kim Suhoo:Make Heroes great again
    Kim Hajin: Make my novel great again
    Chae Nayun:Kill Kim Hajin

Aimless190 and Eternalce1 like this.
  14. SweetShireen

SweetShireen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did I say that he has to be a-okay after the murder and completely fine? No, I said that the way the murder impacted him, the EXTENT to which it is twisting his character is unrealistic. Throughout the story he has been known to be extremely logical, ruthless when he has to be, and makes clear goals that he tries to reach at all costs. So that spoiler chpter where he lets himself be almost beaten to DEATH from Nahyun...YES I find that idiotic, YES I find that unrealistic. So sue me, but this is not the character I have come to know. I get that he's guilty and he feels pain and remorse for what he did BUT he's already acknowedged what had to be done, I NEVER said I want him to "him to swagger up to Nayun and brush it all off" but is wanting him to use his brain and dismantle her, fight back and leave the fight, that wrong? YES, he was being stupid and OOC.

If Boss hadn't come to his rescue and Hajin continued his noble idiocy that yall defending right now, he would have beaten to death. He would have died and the novel would end. Lovely ending! I guess not the criticizing the writer's inability to solve misunderstandings and force plotlines while butchering his own characters' developments was the right move after all. If yall dont care, go read the ending of his last novel smh.

I wrote my post in anger yesterday, but I'll say it objectively now. Its just shoddy writing, nothing more nothing less. Author needs to get a grip.

15. imaginator

imaginator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think author doesn't have ability to solve the misunderstandings. It's most likely that he even intends to build up on that, considering that this series started with misunderstandings and had been filled with misunderstandings. Not a good kind of writing with this kind of genre (that usually works better with comedies, I think).

Tho I have to disagree with how you think Hajin should act. I think the author is consistent in portraying Hajin as an indecisive mc with few bouts of logic. While that scene where he let's himself get rekt is him showing his idiocy, it's in his character. Not a good writing tho, since it shows lack of character development.

Shoddy writing tho, indeed.

Vidolin likes this.
  16. neolyn

neolyn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the same thing. She would not have right away but after some time and some proof from Yeonha's uncle she would have.

The problem with the way the author is writing is' you can't build up again an again with no development. Nayun beating the shit out of hajin is not really development.

The best build up until now is from yeonha's side. Her searching info about hajin's parents. Then the discovery of the truth and how she deals with that truth.
    The misunderstanding is still there but it develops the plot, you re neither tired of bored with it instead you re expecting for more. The total opposite of the nayun situation.

Hajin until now as always be emotional but always followed his reason, the most flagrant moment is when he kill nayun's brother. Yet in front of nayun now he does not.

He doesn't man up like he always does. That's inconsistent.

All the nayun's situation does is dragging down the novel. If it was nota so much present it would be okay but it isn't.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    Leilacus and Raneday like this.
  17. Totocoroco

Reading List:
    Link
    We can clearly see that the Author love misunderstandings and most of the interactions in this novel is base on that, it was cute in the beginning with Nayun thinking the Hajin was in love with her then with Rachel, and especially Yeonha always fantasizing is always funny
    But misunderstandings after misunderstandings follow by another misunderstandings it just start to get anoying specially if is a misunderstandings that can end with a simply conversation like in the case of Nayun.

Hajin:"Your brother was possess by a devil, he was no diferent from the doppelganger we are facings, there was no other way that why i have to kill him, sorry that i didn't tell you earlier"
    Nayun:"I dont believe you"
    Hajin:"I dont care if you believe, thats the truth and now you know"Boom done

Now if Nayun still want to fight atleast Hajin can fight back and she will by in the wrong since she already knows the truth but choose not to believe in that,see so easy, why make things so complicated just for the sake of creating tension.
    I guest i have to send the author an e-mail that i want to rewrite his novel as a co-author since his novel is full of plot holes and things that don't make much sense..............Wait where did i seen this before?? Humm i guess it was a movie or something

Leilacus and SweetShireen like this.
  18. moneng85

Reading List:
    Link
    actually on the basis of the latest chaps, can somebody check/argue me on this? it have been 4 years since the killing on Nayun's brother, Nayun's potential on growth is higher with despair and hatred.
    -based on the spoilers(thanks once again @Totocoroco !) Hanjin stated that Nayun does not need the ring of wisdom since she is stronger than her previous self compared to the novel, does this mean her 4 years of growth is already overwhelmingly stronger than the 10 years in the original novel or as compared to her 4 years growth in the original and is still weaker than her 10 years original??
    -what keeps her going is hatred, and since she have defeated the killer of her mother(in the spoiler at the underground ruins battle), have she defeated her mother's killer in the original novel?
    -also does this mean her hatred for Hajin is the only one reason that can spurt her growth other than her mother's killer(resolved)?

another thing i want to ask is that how god damned strong are the true powerhouse of the novel is? Hanjin said that an average whole-rounded stats of 10 is intermediate hero and the stats of others that Hajin have seen is not even their full power yet, honestly the novel can go on to 600chaps at least( i hope so) and Hanjin might still need to grow to fight them

19. Totocoroco

Reading List:
    Link
    Base on everything i read so far and by the past chapters here is my conclusion: The 3 most important thing to see how strong a Hero is, are 1.Gift 2.Magic power 3.Magic Control so as you can see magic power is the base of every strong hero, something about the more magic power you have the easier it is to raise the other stats, since is really dificult to pass 16 points with is the one of the limits of human strength

Hajin:"Even I found it shameless. When I went on hiatus, Kim Suho’s strength stat was at 16. With this Gift, I would obtain 36.5 into all stats in just 365 days. "

I believe is something like wuxia cultivation tecnique, the more you meditate/gather energy the stronger your body becomes
    So the most important stat is magic power since you can also use like ki/aura to reinforce your weapons/body/magic
    Intermediate heroes have a average of 10-15 points magic power and 10 points in physical stats,
    Boss being a magic user between High-rank-Master Rank probably has 23-28 points in magic base on chapter 158

"Kim Suho received an 80% stat restriction, so Boss’ should easily surpass 90%
    “Ah, my magic power stat just rose by 0.3 points.” “What is it at?” “2.3”

Doing the math if she got a 92% restriction and if she start at 2.0 magic her base magic is probably 25 point going by the fact that she is High to Master level and around the same level as Seyeon and Aileen, i deduce that since Seyeon is the last of the Master levels and Aileen is in the same league and since they are young 25-32 years old they probably have close magic stats so around 20-30
    Joochul should be around 70-85 years old base of the "going to the past arc"
    That’s right, we’re in Gwangmyeong of 1972. Outcall happened only 15 months ago, so this place is still hell.”

“Then what about Chae Joochul?”
    Chae Joochul the Immortal. He was Chae Nayun’s grandfather and one of the strongest people in this world.
    But contrary to Chae Nayun’s expectations, she received a negative response.
    “He’s not trustworthy at all. I stayed in Seoul for a bit, so I know. He’s… sly, like a snake. He’s surely going to do something huge in the future.”

Chae Nayun pouted and picked up the time capsule. Despite what she said, it seemed she didn’t want to give up on it so easily.
    Where do you want to go?”
    “…To 2013."
    In the past he was probably around 25-30 years old and since Nayun was back to a birthday when she was a child 7-10 the year is 2020-2030
    Base on all that, he's being training since the start for 50 plus years and is considered one of the strongest heroes, so he probably has 30-40 magic stats so his physical stats should by between 20 to 30 so if Hajin use Fate he can be just a bit stronger base only on physical stats

moneng85 likes this.
  20. moneng85

Reading List:
    Link
    holy macaroni, all the best heroes are above 20+, Suho at the original was just a measly 16 and Hanjin wasnt event remotely close to that.
    Props to your calculation, couldnt thought of that