Dao of The Evil God; you guys seriously need to read this

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by White Empress, Jan 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. White Empress

White Empress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dao of the Evil God
    Author Yatogami Sakuya : original novel, Xianxia
    Available on Wattpad and on Amazon
    https://www.wattpad.com/user/YatogamiSakuya
    https://www.amazon.com/Dao-Evil-God-Sakuya-Yatogami-ebook/dp/B01MY59PQS

Synopsis:
    Kitchen staff member of the Seven Rivers Sect, Yè Guǐ Fèng (夜鬼凤) with a cultivation base of the Qi Condensation levels has no hope of ever becoming a true immortal in a world of talent beats all. Working painstakingly in the kitchen of the sect without a single spirit stone to show for his efforts he eventually meets a legendary demonic cultivator, Xié Mó Xīn (邪魔心) who guides him onto the path of demonic arts.
    "Nooooooooooooooo!!! I may not be the main character but that doesn't mean that I want to become the final boss!!!!!"

**Now I could ramble on and on but let me just keep this short : I’ve been reading novels for years and years and I’ve probably read, although maybe not completely, at least over a hundred or more. This novel is honest to god the best one I have ever read and still to this day it hasn’t been topped yet. ^^**

It may seem a little cliche from the synopsis but the synopsis is a bit misleading. Now I can’t really explain without spoiling but the book is DEFINITELY NOT a cliche. It doesn’t reuse the same overused plot lines and characters.
    It’s for sure an original with a unique take on the Xianxia genre and refreshing world and story. It’s not a game style story.
    The story is so well done and enjoyable I can cry tears of joy. There’s an actually reason (a complex and intruiging one, not some wish wash excuse) that the mc gets reincarnated and it actually becomes very important to the story and world development. It keeps you interested and you can’t predict what will happen.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE at least give it a try (I’d say until volume 3, (not book 3 lol), or further) the further you read the better it gets, I’m not kidding. Also if you’re lazy you could maybe skip ahead and read further into the book and see for yourself how it changes?

The book is STILL active with daily updates!!! And there’s lots to read (820 Chs!!!! As of 1/4/19)
    https://www.wattpad.com/user/YatogamiSakuya

Okay so: the books says evil god yes? It does NOT mean the mc is going to be a wishy washy a-hole who is self righteous, selfish, rapes people, and kills people just because they looked at him wrong. The novel isn’t some super shady stuff and super dark weird stuff.

*But this doesn’t mean the MC isn’t going to become cool as hell and badass too*

There’s a reason for the title you will understand the further you read, and it makes sense and will probably not be what you expect. I’m still trying to figure out he plot as it unfolds and it is the only one that has literally ever AWED me.

(Rant —> )Now you also have to realize I’m not some super critic who anazlyses every detail. I read and enjoy cliche books. But this book just doesn’t get enough credit or attention. It’s literally a hidden gem or some ancient deity level manual some person left lying around an old bookshop. Super valuable and amazing but no one realizes it
    We all pretty much know that Xianxia and the like don’t get hardly any attention on Wattpad so that’s why I’m trying promote it :/ but also it’s just not getting the attention it needs.

**Yeah even though it’s an original, it’s quality far surpasses translated novels. I’m not kidding or exaggerating with this. **

If you like badass cultivators in a really cool take on the cultivating world, try it.

If you like unique cultivation, demonic cultivators, and basically anything in that area you should try it as well. More and more unique and awesome cultivation styles are seen the further you read ( celestial, demonic, blood, beastly) in ways you wouldn’t expect. It’s not a try hard trying to be some weird OP Either.
    It legitimately gets my heart pumping and I binge read.

I could talk about characters, world, and powers but we all know it’s too hard to sum up in a long Webnovel the complexities of what happens, I might try to in another post.

Look at some of the tags, they’re some stuff but I had to leave out a lot because of spoilers and tag limit: like demonic cultivation, unique abilities, strong character, multiple races, colorful world, secrets, mass destruction, ruins, cool female lead.
    Stuff I really wanted to tag: badass character, plot development, demonic sect, gods, blood boiling, strong characters, cultivation, fighter of destiny, necromancy, and time and space.

The MC is not an idiot and has a realistic personality. I honestly really like his way of doing things. He’s not some arrogant prick either. I’ve never had an issue with me just being frustrated with something he’s done. Long story short; he’s awesome.

I really like the female lead and you’ll see why. She’s not some typical bimbo with big boobs, big powers, and big dependence on the ML. Not bland at all. She’s her own person and shes very cool.
    The fights and powers are cool as hell and it’s always fun to read about. The way things develop are very interesting to read about,both the plot and the fights. It’s not some drawn out process thats just trying to fill the pages and you could skip and be fine. The world is really cool too.

Love it- rating 10 out of 5 stars.

MORAL OF THIS LONG DEATHLY PLEA: people are out searching for good novels to read and this is what they are looking for.
    It’s a great novel in all aspects (I literally can’t find any flaws) and it hurts to see it not having recognition. If you are bored just start reading it and it you don’t like it just put it on hold and read something else for a bit.
    It’s adventuous, thrilling, a mystery, fantastical,Funny, and literally everything a Xianxia should be.
    I hope my rambling didn’t turn you away but I cannot put my feelings about this novel into words.

It’s a must read for anyone who likes Xianxia

2. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice advertisement.

3. White Empress

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like a car salesman now @-@

ambigusmall and Araenn like this.
  4. Warger

Warger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A car salesman with a near infinite lung capacity maybe.

ambigusmall, Anon2.0 and Karyehs like this.
  5. RedKaiser

RedKaiser [PATH OF HEAVEN] [RULER OF ALL]

Reading List:
    Link
    You got my attention

ambigusmall and White Empress like this.
  6. White Empress

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah that’s true. But I doubt anyone will actually read the whole post, I tried to put in something like a variety of info so when someone skimmed it something may catch their eye

Warger likes this.
  7. Ruyue

Ruyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shamless advertising?

8. White Empress

Reading List:
    Link
    What is shame? Can you eat it?

9. Ruyue

Ruyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can't eat it, but you can burn it!

Sharudeis likes this.
  10. White Empress

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it pretty to watch it burn?

11. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Why doubt? I read the whole post. I probably won't read the novel right now but I've taken note of it.

ambigusmall likes this.
  12. White Empress

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh really? That awesome thanks. The reason I doubted though is because I assumed when someone saw a long and blubbering post that they they would skim it. I would’ve done a shorter post but I didn’t know how to summarize what I wanted to say well.

13. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    I had read it long time ago, chapter when MC get kissed by Lich, is that after he got heavenly demon body, kinda forget.

14. White Empress

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember that but I would have to look for the chapter because I can’t remember specifically when it happened either.

15. kennykdogg

kennykdogg Sage of 7 sins

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Karyehs

Karyehs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this yaoi? Most recommendations here seem to be yaoi..... :blob_coughblood:

Edit: Doesn't look like yaoi, but it's a pain to read... Chapter titles are in chinese.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  17. White Empress

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s not Yaoi. If you want something with BL Founder of Diabolism is really good. In Dao of the Evil God there is a female lead/ main love interest and she sticks the Mc (after he finds her) after that. There are some other complicated scenarios but I’m not sure if they would count towards love interests.
    Also, the book itself isn’t in Chinese but it references the Chinese characters for different things and to hide spoiler chapter titles.

18. Karyehs

Karyehs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My smilie means spitting blood, not giving fellatio. :blobpeek: So I am happy that it didn't turn out to be yaoi, like most of the other recommendations lately...

I am totally loving the story till now... It feels way more realistic, that not everybody is an asshole 100% of the time.... Refreshing to see a MC make friends with the people around him.

Thank you for the recommendation, I would probably have never found it without your post here!

Feels like either ErGen und Tomato stole a lot from this author, or this author "stole" from them, but did it way better.... At least at the part where I am now "comprehension" isn't just counting up numbers like "Oh, now I finally understood 30%.... 31%.... no.... 32%!!! of Water...".

I don't know how far I am, since the chapters aren't numbered. :hmm:

19. SweetShireen

SweetShireen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it a translation? I read from the amazon reviews that the trans is sloppy but you gave a wattad link so im confused

also why the titles in chinese?

20. Falling Heaven

Falling Heaven Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems like the author went the ELLC route: posted the novel for free but offers options for people to donate. The grammar, at least in Wattpad isn't the best but not too distracting. The MC's kind of a less annoying Bai Xiaochun.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    Karyehs likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.