LCD Omniscient Reader’s Viewpoint

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Jul 4, 2018.

1. EricBannen

EricBannen √[To Read or Not to Read]

Reading List:
    Link
    You are the best...:blobrofl::blobjoy::blobjoy:

2. Jiggy

Jiggy I am JiggyliFAP~ the not fat anymore guy.

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really. It was the author's choice probably; thats how I understood how munpia works, it was his decision to partner with QI. If he chose qidian over wuxiaworld then it's his fault.
    Lazy Dungeon Master and Cooking with Wild Game. Manga on CwWG is kinda cringy but I just love the idea of reinventing things out of other components or ways.

EricBannen likes this.
  3. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope there's less bigotry and nationalism going forward. I'd hope for there to be none, but that seems impossible now.

Algorithm likes this.
  4. iBakax3

iBakax3 [Baka Ranger]

Reading List:
    Link
    It isn't that bad though? Dokja was okay with the Japanese guy until he double crossed Dokja, and there was a sentiment that just like not all Koreans hate Japanese there are also Japanese that are neutral toward Koreans.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, the author is trying to play both sides, but didn't you notice how it was constantly emphasized that it was the Japanese that were committing the attrocities? They were never referred to as anything else and their joy in being evil was basically never mentioned in a sentence that didn't contain their nationality. Or that only the Japanese were using racial slurs? I'm sure the Koreans have plenty for the Japanese. Or, that the assassin was described as righteous?

Things may change when more Koreans show up, but right now, the Japanese are being depicted in an overwhelmingly bad light while the Koreans are being put on pedestals, regardless of what the MC is saying to the contrary.

6. Godgrid

Godgrid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After this arc, I don't recall any strong nationalism or anything like that.

7. iBakax3

iBakax3 [Baka Ranger]

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree that the Japanese have been portrayed in a bad light what with the racial slurrings and all, but its not like the Koreans didn't do anything bad either for the sake of coins (Japanese murdering little people as part of scenario, and Korean setting up coin farms independent of scenario). I just think that the moment another country gets brought up, we scrutinised them too much for little mistakes that has otherwise been committed by our MC countrymen too.

Then again, I'm comparing the nationalism here with CN in my mind which makes everything seem toned down in comparison:notlikeblob:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, this isn't nearly as bad as some series out there. Those are basically unreadable

Tristan1412 likes this.
  9. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    lol that nationalism thingy on CN novels

Tristan1412 likes this.
  10. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Korea was invaded. So was China and Japan, but China was invaded by japan, and the Japanese were invaded by the...United States.

My mom and late dad have personal memories of the Japanese occupation. China was targeted by Japanese biological weapons in WW2. Do you know what the US army did to the insane sicko who invented the bio weapons used on certain Chinese cities? Amnesty in exchange for picking his brains!

Koreans were used in slave camps in both Korea AND Japan. Thousands of Koreans were shipped to the Japanese islands for slave labor. After the war, they became yet another marginalized ethnic group in Japan. There’s still significant prejudice against Koreans shipped to Japan, FORCED to adopt Japanese family names, still living in Japan today.

The Chinese and Koreans hate Japan.

Volublekoala965 and iBakax3 like this.
  11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't though. And as such, I have no particular interest in reading about them, or any other ethnic, religous or political group being depicted through the lens of bigotry and hatred. No group is wholely evil, inhuman or whatever. Even the Nazis had good people who were trapped in untenable situations doing things they never wanted to do and would regret for the rest of their lives. Only showing people in a negative light says far more about what's wrong with the author than whoever it is they're writing about, and more importantly for this discussion, seriously destroys my interest in anything they might have to say on any subject whatsoever.

12. sadmanex

sadmanex [I'm popular too]

Reading List:
    Link
    you know, after i read CN novel with nationalism, ORV seem tame

13. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    ikr, they even called those things as nationalism

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  14. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t either. And I remember Stauffenberg whenever I think about Nazi’s...no, no, no!!! Not the god awful TC movie, I was an admirer of his long before that piece of poo.

My point isn’t whether people shouldn’t try to be better human beings, (they should) my point is that for a lot of people, they REMEMBER the Japanese occupation. They’re still alive...and they remember. I think that until the last generation of people who remember WW2 and the horrors personally pass away, we’re never going to see an end to the prejudice. Sad, but true. I wonder how people in Vietnam see America...

After all, we used chemical weapons in Vietnam...

Agent Orange.

15. Bobby24

Bobby24 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any have a character list with brief descriptions of the characters? I keep on confusing the characters with each other.

16. iBakax3

iBakax3 [Baka Ranger]

Reading List:
    Link
    Uriel shouldn't have her modifier as "Demon-like Judge of Fire", but "Closeted Fujoshi of Heaven".

Not just Yoo Jonghyuk, she now ships Dokja with Kyrgios. Though, it was funny to see her hating Hyunsung when he poured cold water of reality on her shipping moment.

17. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought this might be the case and latest chapter hints it more.

The MC is most likely the author of ways of survival. He simply forgot about it once the story was complete and became like a reader.

His overall behavior of dealing with the plagiarist to how he recounted the entire story to his mother isn't normal. It felt more like what an author would do than what a reader would.

Volublekoala965 and Lonelycity like this.
  18. Dj5822

Dj5822 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is a very interesting thought. But there is a lot of contradictory evidence that suggests that he is not the author. There were cases when the MC commented on the web novel and the author responded to the comment. So if the MC really were the author, then he would have commented and then responded to the comment after switching accounts, all the while having selective amnesia.

I don't think that is likely.

Volublekoala965 likes this.
  19. JapaneseFandom

JapaneseFandom Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that the MC is just a reader, and the author is probably the secretive plotter (I think that's his modifier) since even the MC hasn't heard of him in the novel. I also think that the MC will reject the offer of being a constellation just like rejected the absolute throne and destroyed it, maybe because it will change the flow of events if he rejects becoming one.

20. Dj5822

Dj5822 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, the author gives an explanation for this later. It seems like there are an overwhelming about of evil Japanese people because the Japanese entered the scenario first. Of the Japanese that entered the scenario, all of the people that were kind and merciful all had to die or hide because surviving the scenario is immensely harder when you are playing as a pacifist (you become very weak when you don't kill the small people). So it seems like the Japanese are evil because all the good guys have already died or hidden away. It's not like all the Japanese are saints or devils, they all have varying levels of morality.

In fact, throughout the whole novel, most of the characters seem selfish and evil because all of the good guys were the first to die. If you remember, the first scenario was to 'kill something', so most of the people that weren't able to kill have already died and only those that are able to kill remain.

As for why the author refers to them as 'Japanese', well that's probably because it makes explaining the situation much easier. Afterall, just referring to them as 'people' would be confusing.

I do agree that the author does have some level of bias, but I don't think he was intentionally trying to downplay the Japanese. I have to say, I also felt that the author was depicting that Japanese in a bad light at first, but after the explanation, I felt it made sense.