Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    I had also thought about parallel school arcs between both, but I just noticed something.
    Mei may end up bullied:
    • Her parents are Bravers: self-proclaimed heroes who also caused a lot of trouble, and there is a good chance that not all her classmates will be normal people.
    • I believe that in origin, magic is probably learned in school, while showing up as light magic was pretty much to be able to fake to a lesser extent and buy some time against Avalon, she will most certainly fail most of her practices or at least end up with pretty bad notes. Usually this contrast would result in bullying, and I don't expect Banda to do anything against children, and just console Mei, making her emotionally dependent on him.
    • As the older brother, Hiroshi may try to protect her with his new "non-attribute cheat", but it's very likely any of his success will contrast more against her, and it's not like he will be able to do anything.

Meanwhile, Van's school arc, since it's an adventurer school, should be a smooth sailing, I mean, if he needs results, he just needs to do something and get it.

This means that they are so much different that a parallel story wouldn't make much sense, in fact, Van's school arc would be more about him turning everyone around converting everyone to Vida that actually learning anything, meanwhile, if Mei's life is supposed to change significantly, we may get a higher number of Origin chapters in the new arc. And about that, let's see:
    • Avalon now knows about Mei's death attribute, sure she has Banda, but things should escalate here.
    • Metamorph showed a reaction the last two times, she had a partial memory recovery in her last two appearances, so she may become sane on this new arc, and rebel. I expect her to die in the end though, it would be for the best.
    • I'm unsure if Avalon has any more use for the Bravers (And most specifically, Mei's parents), and with that, he could end up balancing the advantages of the Bravers remaining active, and the advantages his research would have by having Mei, the only (natural) Death mage in Origin.
      • This could mean that, in order to get her, he could try from the front (But he is not sure what is protecting her), or...
      • What should be the easiest, to get her parents to die, and then legally get Mei (and Hiroshi)'s guard.
        • If their parents die, he could experiment on Mei to his heart content, and Banda can't exactly replace that (Banda keeps track mainly on the children, rather than on the parents after all). What would happen then?
    • Druid could die in the above conflict, or
      • He could live, get everyone else's cooperation and revealing about Avalon (he could get trusted or not, though, through Banda, he could get info about Metamorph), and depending on how it goes:
        • He is captured (Avalon could be curious on how he knew about everything)
        • He is killed (he fails his mission and ends up going to Lambda)
        • He survives (Most likely, defeats Avalon with or without help of Metamorph)
          • Avalon won't die, maybe imprisoned, and soon be released by his connections.
        • Whatever the case, though, Avalon could end up learning about the third life either by finding out the truth from Druid, or he could just think that the Undead is still somehow alive but only in Origin, and somehow, he was cooperating with select bravers like Druid (and Metamorph)
          • Avalon would take more drastic measures, and literally kill all Bravers for security reasons.
            • Which would lead to a mass immigration of non-named Bravers to Lambda, and each of then, it's too much to write out predictions....
    Basically, this arc (or the next one) may end up as the biggest showdown in Origin, which would then lead to the biggest turning point of the series, including, the Amamiya and Narumi finally finding out everything. In short, if you always wondered that it would take TOO LONG for the reincarnators to find out about Van, Mei could be the answer to shorten that time significantly. And no fate would protect them if Avalon is the one doing things.

Though I guess we still have one extra DK fragment in Rodcorte's hand (Alda wouldn't use them, and whoever has the final one...) for him to fuck everything up... OH SHIT, what if he forces the Power DK Soul Fragment into Amamiya as his secret weapon against Van!?

Also about the third god with the final DK Soul Fragment, I was starting to think, who are the surviving gods that defeated Guduranis? Vida and Alda. Alda got two, Vida could have the final one, but since it was dangerous and unnecessary, and Van doesn't need it anyway, she never had any need to mention, but it could be with her. @_@

Writing a lot kinda does help to make imagination bloom, huh

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  2. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Two small cents on my end:

On Mei's bullied part, she could be placed in a class or school that helps with the Bravers children (takes the attention away from them that their families have produced) and Hiroshi would be in a similar manner, but I don't think there are kids his age yet (possibly but forgot the couple's name, kinda shows how much an impression they left on me lol).

The schooling arcs will be the build up of the showdown, also kinda itchy to see Van appear in front of the Bravers and just tear in Origin's corporations, organizations and nations like Guduranis did with Lambda (the cycle shall repeat as the Book of Van has prophesied lol).
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If either Druid or Metamorph dies, I'd most likely expect them to try and seek out Van in Lambda:

-Metamorph prob say thanks for saving her from the mind control from Avalon and get hit with a nasty reality Van was a former classmate and no one knew or even cared and was the first to be culled from the group and blah-bluh-blah, question is how will she follow up afterwards? Does she take it hard since it might remind her of 'Sleipnir' when he killed her Origin's mother (similar case, being killed off by 'heroes' and tack on is one of their own to that list on insult-to-injury)?

-Druid dies and goes to Lambda and learns the truth of Van and Banda and possibly even Lambda's history and the champions, might toss his support in for Van (but might be like Botin and easily annoyed Van has to do questionable things or might not since he knows the SOP the Bravers gone through and might even remember the Eighth Guidance fight and realize they've done the same exact things, killing people to protect those closest to them).
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gods of Origin will prob be doing a few errands to try and get Van to come to Origin and clean the mess Puny God, Bravers and Avalon has caused..... I can just see Gods of Origin appearing behind Van (or at least by his side) as he starts shredding a few militaries and everyone's face going pale from the fireworks show and gets told of the truth in the end (and also see Pluto's face on Gods of Origin's body).

Mesaphrom, jubjub3000 and ssj4maiko like this.
  3. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    Only thing I can argue is also a correction for my writing. When I mentioned Metamorph going sane, I guess I worded it bad. This is a traumatic experience that has been going for a good time, and it's not like a new body will fix up her brainwashed mind. I think the only thing that could fix her would be, ironically, another brainwashing, one that will make her attracted into Van's charm just like Eight Guidance.

How she will get to Lambda though, no idea. I wonder if her skill also allows her to be somewhat immortal since she can change her body to a younger self (I'm not sure if it changes the internal organs, but it doesn't seem to be some sort of simple magic field that looks like someone else, but something more like X-Men Mystique where her whole body really changes, since the ability seems so "perfect".)

Nakakure, Mesaphrom, hillo315 and 2 others like this.
  4. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your prediction about Amamiya and Narumi dying. I can just see how the discussion would go now.

Narumi: What happened?

Angels: Rokudo killed you, he is a trator and realized your daughter has death attribute affinity. He wants to do expiraments on her.

Amamiya & Narimu: WHAT!?!?!?

Rodcorte: By the way, I need you to kill this person named Vandaleu, he was one of the reincarnators, he was the undead in your world, and he currently has a clone of his lingering around your daughter.

Amamiya: What!? Really!? Why is he hanging around our daughter?

Rodcorte: He is evil, he wants to use her.

Narumi: Really? Wouldn't it be because he wants to protect her because she's a fellow death attribute user?

Amamiya: Yeah, that must be the case! He Mei's only hope!

Angels: By the way, this idiot plans to erase your memories if you don't say that you're going to kill Vandaleu, and then after erasing your memories he plans to put you in the hands of his enemies to be used by them anyway.

Amamiya & Narumi: Err.... uhhh... yeahhh... We'll kill Vandaleu for you Rodcorte. Sure! That's our daughter's only hope, he has to be killed before his clone can do something horrible with our daughter.

Korleone, Mesaphrom, hillo315 and 2 others like this.
  5. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Instead of another brainwash, I believe Van will try and find a way to soothe her mental degradation a bit, helping her cope with her past suffering, kinda like Van himself when he wanted vengeance and was already practically 'insane' by everyone's standards (but then again I believe everyone is technically insane to an extent).

She should be in Vida's circle (not thoroughly, but is being worked in), remember Van has a dream-soul connection to a lot of people in Origin and has given them his divine protection, and Metamorph is one of them so this may be the precursor for them to be in Vida's life cycle (practically bypassing Puny God's half-baked but millennia old system).

6. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    Though Rodcorte can read their memories and true intentions, to the point that Venus had to do all that roundabout way of fixing herself into changing her race, then paste a normal mood over herself to "forget". =/

I also would expect more about Narumi recognizing Banda as Vandalieu during the transition, though it could just end up with Rod taking her soul as a hostage.

Usually people lose their memories and everything once they die, doesn't matter which system they are. My main question is about that, will Mei reincarnate into Lambda as a baby? Or will she arrive as if teleporting?

7. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think Narumi would recognize Van or Banda unless they shown her his memories of both Earth via the boat's explosion and Origin's labs when they conducted tests for DA.

Soul Hostage round 2, I don't know if Zuruwarn and Origin's God will save her this time, but am kinda itchy she may end up being saved in some format (possible the three stoog...*ahem*...angels but then again might not as they technically work for Puny God and he practically monitors everything, unless Van and Mei pull a very grandiose move out of their ass, say invade Puny God's DR, already killed Death Scythe there lol).

You missed what I said, they'll only be in Vida's system is what I stated, never said anything about memories being erased and the such and kinda see Mei being taken to Lambda for safety since her death may end up giving Puny God strength to fight off Van and might even be manipulated in process, so teleporting would be best guess.

8. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, Rodcorte has stated overtly his intention is to erase memories in order to manipulate the bravers into joining the Alda side. It has been a running theme of the series so far that NOTHING Rodcorte states overtly EVER works to plan. Plus, almost immediately after he made this overt statement, Banda appeared in Origin. I do not see them managing any kind of ass-pull once they are in Rodcorte's divine realm, it has been more or less shown that aside from reflected attacks with Abyss, Van has no power on anything that goes on in Rodcorte's divine realm. This means that in order to make Rodcorte's plan fail to work, something related to Banda is going to have to allow a LARGE number of the bravers to bypass Rodcorte's divine realm entirely. I'm expecting a little something like this.

(Large long sequence of Banda introducing himself to Amemiya and Narumi.)

(Time passes)

Amemiya: By the way, aren't you angry about us killing you?

Banda: I will admit, I was angry at the time. However, I have since realized that being angry is poitless and misguided. You did not know anything about who I was, and from your point of view I was a dangerous undead. It was all the fault of that god of reincarnation who screwed things up. Rather, I have decided I do not care about any of you at all. So long as you have no intention to harm me or anyone I love once you reach your third life, I will not bother you.

Amemiya: Uhh... you don't even care about us at all you mean... yeah, I guess I can see that. (Amamiya realizes the same thing as Toya that the opposite of love is not hate, but disinterest.)

Banda: At least, that is how I felt about you, especially you in particular along with Narumi, until I found out about Mei.

Amemiya: About Mei, huh?

Banda: Yes, I want her to live as normal and as happy of a life as possible. I will confess I wish her parents were someone else, but because you are her parents and the best thing for her is for her parents to live and be able to protect her, I would like to help you as much as possible. When you and Narimi go to sleep tonight, you will meet my main body. I have already called him, he will visit your dreams while you are sleeping.

Amemiya: What!? Your main body?

Banda: Yes, I believe I explained it before. I am a copy made from fragments of my main self's soul. I was named by Mei, my real self is named Vandaleu.

Amemiya: So... Vandaleu? Umm... but, why is your main self coming here?

Banda: He will do the same thing for you that he did for your son, Hiroshi. You will receive more abilities to help you fight Rokudo.

(That night, in addition to gaining more abilities, they also gain Van's divine protection and are partially guided. This process is also repeated with several of the other bravers who Amemiya and Narumi trust the most and who Banda judges to be good people. After receiving these abilities, they are not given the ability to bypass Rodcortes system. No. Instead, they are given enough fighting power and survivability that not a single one of them dies during the battle with Rokudo and then Rodcorte gets killed before the ones who Van helped can die. Meanwhile, all the ones who do die are part of Rokudo's gang, they go on to fight on Alda's side, and Van kills every single one of them miserably.)

9. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    Though I can imagine everything like this, for the writer, I think this would be wasted potential, after all, since the start of the story the idea of Vandalieu meeting with Amamiya and confronting each other ideas would be a must climax that can't be discarded, similar to what Van did to Heinz, maybe even more, after all, not only Van has some idea of what has happened to the Bravers through Kanako & friends + Banda, Amamiya himself can already see his own failures, plus, let's remember that Amamiya knows that they killed Amemiya (Undead) themselves, because Oracle told him later, in fact, we can't ignore that he hid it from Narumi.

There are so many things to attract tension to the story that making something calm like explanations is counter-productive for the writer.

I really wonder what will happen with Narumi, I mean, she was never really interested in Amemiya, it just that he tried to save her, and failed. Then years after she finds out she killed the guy and he was very pissed at first, cursed by the god and left to die, but he survived, but now, he doesn't love nor hate the reincarnators, he just doesn't care. (This could change if Kanako, Melissa, Doug, Sieg and Sarua, who turned into allies [And Kanako unexpectedly an unexpected powerful one] end up changing his views and the Bravers too ask him for immigration to Talosheim)

Narumi had potential as heroine, but now that's impossible for her unless she cucks her current husband, and I don't think this novel is one to do NTR, the couple will have a small fight over Amamiya lying/hiding the truth and stuff and most likely end up accepting their circumstances and get back together, though maybe with shaken trust now. Narumi may be Mei's mother, but Banda's main target is Mei only because she is also a death mage who could suffer the same way he did, but that's where his interest in Narumi ends. It's possible that Van may find out that Hiroshi's name is an homage to him (if he didn't already, though he may never notice himself since he has discarded his old name and pretty much forgotten about that, and just end up thinking Hiroshi's name is related to the Hiroshi's father Hiroto), thus learning that she still remembers him in a way, but that's not really his problem, it's her problem and only hers.

It would certainly be funny, though, if, at the time they die and go to Lambda, Van already ends up with a bunch of baby children with his harem, showcasing the difference between Amamiya and Van, and then the couple finds out that his 2 children are also under his wing. Amamiya may be an incompetent, but he doesn't deserve absolute NTR where his whole family leave him for the guy he fucked up without knowing, besides, Amamiya saved Amemiya from being noticed by Rod, so in a way, the guy deserves some sympathy at the least.

Even better would be the children finding out their parents killed him first, I wonder what would be their reaction, in special Mei's, though that will depend on how she will grow up.

-

Oh, and once on Lambda, the ones to defect to Talosheim or at least try to apologize without doing anything else will meet 3 of the "traitors" and find out they are pretty nice people now. If Amamiya is with them, she may even tell him that he destroyed her ideal life to force them to play heroes with him, hence everything she did was a retaliation to that. EVERYTHING IS YOUR FAULT AMAMIYA YOU INCOMPETENT!

10. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    NTR apart (which I honestly hope does happen, otherwise don't care as much, save for Mei and Hiroshi telling the two off :blobpopcorn_cool:), Hiroto's family prob be broken and in a bit more miserable state:

-Narumi learns that there was a first reincarnator before the fight with EG (and wasn't anyone they knew, leaving her confused)

-Mei's Death Attribute is exposed

-People begin to realize Hiroshi's No-Attribute Magic is unnatural in Origin

-Hiroto starts to look into the unnatural events and realizes the possible Point of Origin was the lab and the documents further leading to D-01 (It was at this moment, he knew he fucked up)

-Van/Banda comes in and finally makes everyone know their roles like the chibi deathly God he is (might also bring the standard battle crew along with Kanako, Samada/Samantha and Doug)

Mesaphrom and jubjub3000 like this.
  11. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I disagree, I think narumi and anameya should stay married.

Chances are he'll be alone on this one, but if he can bring people along then evil dragon of five sins in his mecha suit is a must have (and maybe talos as well)

Korleone, Mesaphrom, hillo315 and 2 others like this.
  12. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand guilty families should stay together and the such, but in these incompetents case, leaving them together just does more harm than good, the two exposed the reincarnators in Origin with their actions by calling for a public statement and then starts looking for them, if they want to stay together, then better off disappearing into the Magic continent or even the DK continent like Mao 'Noah' Smith did.

That's if Van doesn't come into the fray physically, but knowing Banda can call him and Zuruwarn or even Origin's Gods willing to help him come to Origin to get the job done, easily can use his body as a carrier (done it multiple times already, it just freaks everyone out).

Mesaphrom and jubjub3000 like this.
  13. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    I disagree, if they both react like I think they may first have an argument (like when narumi first realised he wasn't the saviour) but then get back together soon after (after realising van doesn't care about it)

14. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure if other gods would be so responsive, yes, the God of Origin asked for help to clean up Rodcorte's mess, but that doesn't mean the God Of Origin wants or even will accept everything. I don't know what his ideals are, but things like Banda appearing to tons of people, I feel like it would go against what the gods there would accept. Yes, he does appear to Mei and Druid, but both are related to the mess caused by Rodcorte, and while Mei is an indirect case, she is the target.

About going in and out, I'm not sure if he is doing it alone, I'm not even sure how exactly is interaction between Banda and Van, but from my understanding, the only God in Lambda capable of going to any other place is Zuruwarn because he is the most powerful god of space, maybe it could be simply because he IS the god of space (Yes, there are subordinate gods like we saw in the last chapter, however, those are subordinate gods that control only a small section of the attribute, similar to how Fittun only controlled Thunder). Hence, I can't imagine Van being able to do move between worlds by himself without help from Zuruwarn, and I don't think they are in constant call with each other besides being on the same side. So either Van is doing a soul call with Banda, or there is no way to physically move in and out without Zuruwarn.

Plus, the idea of Narumi leaving Amamiya simply because of him making mistakes is ridiculous, no family would exist if they were to separate because of problems, even big ones, without chance of repentance. Yes, Amamiya fucked up, but he had good reasons, and he did try his best, his best was not good enough. He may have thought of playing around at first, but he understood the responsibility later wen people around him started dying. Yes, he is incompetent, but that doesn't mean that Narumi married him simply because she though he had a similar name to the guy that tried to save her, they certainly have much more between themselves behind the scenes (They also have two children), and it can't be ignored for the sake of her suddenly going "I actually liked Amemiya who I hardly ever knew! The moment he tried to save me and failed and I didn't even notice him later doesn't change the fact that he stole my heart in that single moment! Begone Amamiya! You made a mistake! You can't be forgiven!". Narumi would be a slut if she acted like that.

15. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Van might not care for Narumi, but the fact he's done more for Mei's and Hiroshi's safety and growth vs the two is only one part of what might change Narumi a bit on the inside, another might be the guilt factor killing her savior when she was looking for him (no one knew at the time since Oracle looked for reincarnators with abilities at the time), and last factor is how Mei and Hiroshi might be much happier around Van (esp Mei since she's a DA mage and most likely will have more an affinity with Van than most people, even more so than Legion/Eighth Guidance).

Bear in mind how she treated D-01/Amamiya when he was Undead, she killed off her savior without much a hint of remorse (she only felt that because of the Eighth Guidance when they saved them but were sent to other DA facilities sadly), in a sense, forget acting like a slut, she was acting much more like a typical spoiled little girl, and Van has done more for their kids than the two (which is understandable as they have jobs, politics and the such, and Banda is much more capable of developing their growths than anyone in Origin). And Origin's Gods are much more willing to support Van than you're saying, already gave full divine support and even Legion/Eighth Guidance and let Pluto (God version) take lead in chat with Van (much more than willing, more like happily following).

16. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just going to guess here, but I reckon the gods of origin don't care about what van does so long as it doesn't result in too much collateral damage so van will not be able to materialize his entire soul in a major city (mind fucking everyone there) or just going on a rampage (destroying large portions of landmass)

But it isn't in vans nature to involve anyone unrelated so this should not be a problem.

17. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    All this chat about Van, Narumi and Amemiya Hiroto got me thinking of one funny scene (and quite cruel also):

Hiroto: Narumi, I know I kept the first reincarnator's death hidden from you, but we had a reason to do so.

Narumi: *sigh* I know, but things like this can change our core belief, but should've still said something about it.

H: I know and I'm sorry, can you please forgive me?

N: Yeah.

*Van walks in and both eyes looks at the dead-fish eye child*

Van: Narumi, Hiroto...

*Both glance at each other and back to the child, noticing the red and purple hetero-chromatic eyes*

H: How do you know our names?

V: Easy, I was your classmate when the boat was bombed.

H: Oh, in that case we're happy to meet with you.

V: Also you two killed me at the lab and was designated as "Undead" and my Earth name was Amamiya Hiroto, and Narumi, I should've never saved you on the boat.

*Narumi falls to her knees after hearing the truth and Amemiya glares angrily at Van*

H: You think this is a joke?

V: I should ask you that as I waited 10 years to be saved in the lab only to kill myself to regain my body back and also saved the children who later become the Eighth Guidance, btw they're doing fine in Lambda and also Mei is actually a Death Attribute user and Hiroshi's No-Attribute Magic was due to my interference to help his growth.

H: Lambda?

V: Your third life, come for my friends, family or my nation with hostility... I'll break your souls, unless Mei or Hiroshi stops me.

*Hiroto falls onto a chair and slumps downwards with skin turning pale and having a cold sweat flow from his body*

:blobowoevil_horns::blobpopcorn_cool::cookie::blobrofl:

Nakakure, Nimitz and jubjub3000 like this.
  18. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    love it, even with the obvious plot breaks, love it

hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  19. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    Parents are still the ones responsible for their children. The Amemiya's parents are the ones responsible for them, those two are supposedly the ones to give them home, food and so on, if any guy could appear in a house and steal a child just because "he can give them more", that would be bullshit, right? The right option is not always the most efficient or the best one.

In a way, Banda actually intruded into their lives, and the fact that he protects and teach them stuff doesn't justify such an action. But the ones to decide that are the "victims", which, in this case, are the parents responsible for their children. We can only wait.

I would change "might" with a more dubious "could". Mei could be influenced by DA, but that hardly different from brainwashing, even a tortured person could be happy through that. But though Hiroshi is a friend of Van, does he hates his parents? Well, he does have an inferiority complex though, but if we compare Amamiya to Van in that regard... The difference just increases.

I can't remember the exact scene right now of that moment, but from what I remember, didn't Amamiya tell her (can't remember if before or after the shot), that it was better like that because he couldn't be saved from being an undead? I mean, remember that Oracle told them "Don't do anything", and then, the Undead saves everyone and is killed by them. Usually the reason for the "guy" to tell the "girl" that sort of thing is because he knows that she may be feeling sensible to that. Even if she says that she understands, that means she understands that she did that to "save" the undead, because "Undead are evil creatures".

hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  20. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    i can't remember where but i remember what you're talking about, the part where hiroto tried to justify killing "D-01" by saying that even if he was "sane" at that point in time he could have easily become another mindless undead like all the others before him and also that if he had become a mindless undead he wouldn't be stoppable (not without considerable damage to the world, maybe +70% global pop dead after)