Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if you say the parents are responsible for their child(ren) growth, the Aememiyas can't really do much to help their kids to start with other than food, housing, toys and education. They can't teach their kids their abilities as it's a gift from Puny God to start with. And Mei is Origin's second natural DA Mage, which in turn would make her a high-profile target for anyone and everyone if/when they find out the truth and that makes matters even more complicated for her parents vs Banda/Van. Banda has to pull more weight than the two combined to make sure their kids don't suffer in the long haul. Intrusive, yeah, but not doing a thing and not realizing how close a threat to your kids are and you have a death god helping your kids...

Hiroshi is Banda's friend, not Van's (at least for now), his inferiority complex was due to how the parents treats Mei. (this is also thanks to her DA magic as well, thus making Banda give Hiroshi something in turn to help him with his inferiority complex).

Post shooting squad and body burning, and Oracle said something more like a dangerous undead vs saying it's a reincarnator since he wasn't looking for ALL reincarnators, just those with abilites. "Don't do anything until it let's it's guard down" was what you're referring too, since Amamiya/D-01/Van could eradicate the group with little effort.

Mesaphrom and jubjub3000 like this.
  2. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    That doesn't make sense, the child can't even use magic, why he would feel an inferiority complex in regards to her? Just because Banda appeared thanks to her? Just tell him she will be faced with many problems in the future (She doesn't have super high MP). His inferiority is mainly towards his father, who can use all attributes and stuff, that was why Banda decided to teach him no-attribute magic, because Banda knew their abilities were non-standard in the first place, he decided to show something that everyone can learn, but they never knew.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  3. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Van can easily travel between worlds in soul form, specifically between Lamba and Origin (Unlike Zuluwarn who can roam freely, Van needs a point of contact to anchor his soul to the world he's traveling to. It was Mei the first time he did it without Zuluwarn's assistance, and since then it has been Banda that has been serving as the point of contact.) Also, something Zuluwarn said when he took Van to earth implies heavily that Van could, purely by his own efforts with no assistance at all, go down to the world in the full Lovecraftian glory of his soul form and manifest himself in Origin. Basically, what he said implies that so long as Van can be present in a world (which he can with Origin,) he can do this on his own.

The only thing he needs help from Zuluwarn and the god of Origin to do is to travel between worlds in his physical living body. He has talked about wanting to get permission from the god of Origin and help from Zuluwarn, so that says that this is what he is planning on doing since he wouldn't need their help if he was planning on descending in soul form.

4. LokiTheAccursed

LokiTheAccursed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just have a fun scenario in my head of Van, Gufadgarn, Kanako, Doug and Mellisa travels to Origin to take care of Avalon and their entry point will of course be Mei's room.

Claus, Nakakure, hillo315 and 3 others like this.
  5. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    Reminds me of the Demon King Castle in Hataraku Maou-sama (Devil is a part-timer) being a rundown apartment where closing the door is enough to keep the hero out of reach. I'm now imagining a death army appearing from a portal inside a bedroom with blue walls and stars painted around. And of course, keeping quiet to not wake up anyone!

6. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, there's something else I didn't mention in my last post. When Van was having Randolf test a transformation staff, he said this was a more generalized mass-producable form of the transformation staff. Mass producable in that Van does not have to worry about measurements and characteristics about the individual he's making it for and customize it. Van still has to make them, but he can just go ahead and make them without having to worry about who the recipient is. I seem to remember in the same chapter he mentioned something about having wanted to make these because he wanted to bring them to Origin to be used there.

hillo315, Mesaphrom and jubjub3000 like this.
  7. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you remember that the 8th guidance still has a lot of followers/fans, what if van trains them all up to the equivalent of C class adventurers and then gives them the transformation devices to boost them up to B class warriors with A class defense?

almost invincible army with almost no effort on vans part.

8. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That would be cool, but I have to STRONGLY disagree on the "almost no effort" part. 1st is the training. The bravers in Origin are the equivalent of lower B-class adventurers due to the effects they get from their cheat-like abilities, upper C-class if you don't count their cheats. So, getting someone to C-class in Origin is not impossible, but it takes a LOT of effort and training.

The bigger part of the effort though comes from producing the transformation staffs in the first place. Van's a workahollic who doesn't know the meaning of the word "rest," and he takes it to such extremes that he creates clones of himself right up to the limit in order to work more, and as soon as he discovered he could use the DK fragments to create clones that didn't have to operate in the 50m limit, he just went ahead and started making even more clones. Despite all this, it takes him an average of a little over a week just to create 1 staff. Creating staffs for an army would be an absurd amount of "effort" on Van's part that would have most people vomiting blood.

(I absolutely do not doubt for a second though that Van would actually do exactly as you said.)

9. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry, i was just thinking that most of the effort would go away with van both not having to recruit anyone as the 8th guidance has already done that and that vans guidance should give them enough strength to fight pro wrestlers off the bat (or something like that) and enhanced learning to make training time shorter.

10. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, yeah, I can sorta see that. Still though, the effort to make the staffs is still going to be absolutely ridiculous. The reader never has it explained at all, but if you just look at the time-line to each staff's creation, it took several months between the creation of the first and 2nd staffs. It then seemed the gap was slowly getting smaller after that as the new transformation equipment was made more and more frequently. However, the timeline for making Randolf's was more than a week.

Van said at the time that he was "working on" a new transformation equippment he wanted him to try and it would be ready around the same time as the concert. This can easily be interpreted as the process takes no less than a week, and we have no idea how long he had already been working on this thing. So, it takes a week minimum as the floor. We have no high estimate at this point.

(I am pretty sure though it is not longer than 2 weeks. However, I also think he is probably working on multiple staffs in parallel at this point, multiple clones working on multiple staffs. This throws off the ability to estimate the ceiling of the approximation severely.)

11. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Question, is not the whole "Bravers are C-Rank on power" a Lambda only thing thanks to the status system? Because I am pretty sure that while the Bravers are strong (above average) in Origin, I heavily doubt they can kill a bear with their bare hands.

12. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    They're C class equivalents so they could go toe to toe with a C class (if they had both full equipment and even playing field)

At least that's how I take it

EDIT

And if van does go along the route of making an army then why not go the full mile and create a vidal colony on origin complete with stolen resources and civilians.

If they do this then imagine a temple with a giant garden maze paying homage to van and vida (statues in centre) with various other Gods under vida randomly placed in the maze.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    hillo315 likes this.
  13. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe it was mentioned that the Braves could even reach B Rank, however, I believe that would be considering abilities in an unbalanced way. Their skills can give serious advantages, but that is only where their skills manage to help, for example, Aegis and Venus would certainly be missing firepower compared to Gungnir and Deathscythe.

Their magic is above average, but their physical skills are completely unprepared, we can look at Asagi, as incompetent as that piece of meat is, he was a front liner, yet when he arrived, he got trashed by small timers, I doubt all of the people who gave him trouble were C and much less B Rank, as long as they are unused and lack physical abilities to be super fast and super strong, they are too unprepared for Lambda expectations.

---

Anyway, the reason I mentioned that part at the start was to show that Narumi wasn't some cold hearted bitch that killed the Undead while smiling or some shit. She did it because she told it was the best option, and she agreed under her knowledge, otherwise, she would probably be one of those weak heroines to act on emotions and try the other way. Besides, the fact that she was on the front is already ridiculous per se, it was only for the sake of plot and get her to kill him.

Nakakure, hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  14. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just going to assume that Mei and Banda are going to recreate Van's rise in Origin. They'll bring back 8th guidance and Metamorph will be one of the first people to join.

15. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    This reminds me of a certain Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun cut scene, Kane Lives in Death :blobowoevil_horns:

Edit: Vid for those curious (and a little excessive in certain parts, but that's ignorable for DM's case):

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Nakakure and jubjub3000 like this.
  16. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean the Bravers might not even be a match against Banda if all of them fight together.

17. LokiTheAccursed

LokiTheAccursed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They aren't

hillo315, jubjub3000 and FussyBadger like this.
  18. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's a scary thought. Origin has internet. Can you imagine what would happen if Banda created an internet meme with his brainwashing pattern on a picture and circulated it around the internet along with a command for everyone who saw it to also share it around? He would have 99% control of Origin's citizens within a few months. Controlling 99% of the citizens in turn would mean controlling 100% of the government.

hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  19. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing is if the mainstream media got a hold of it as well it would be on the newspapers, tv and everywhere else.

Imagine if it was the pepe meme, but it would spread faster and to more people!

hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  20. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    The thread is busy again. Yay.

Sadly, yes. I also noticed that a character page was created, but it is serious need of Wiki Magic Love. *looks half-expectantly at @Mesaphrom*

Alda saw through Iris that Van used multiple Demon King fragments to defeat Gubamon. Some god then mentioned that Alda has 2 fragments, and Alda assured that the fragments were safe in his hands. Side chapter 12.

This is the chapter I'm looking for. IIRC, the fragments are mentioned from Rodcorte's point of view. At what point in the story did this happen? Was it before or after Van sabotaged Alda's dungeon, for example?

This is why I don't understand why anyone would want to be famous. Being famous means you are more visible to the public. Famous people tend to attract publicity, good or bad.

Mei would be able to produce similar effects with death attribute magic, but only Banda could teach her how. However, since death attribute magic isn't the same as light attribute magic, Mei probably has to experiment a lot until she can give the results that best mimic the light attribute.

Banda most certainly wouldn't maim or kill children, but wouldn't just console Mei if it doesn't stop the bullying. He would probably scare the bullies straight and teach Mei how to stand up for herself.

Banda may eventually teach Mei attributeless magic, so that's not an issue. The real issue is that Mei is still too young to reliably defend herself.

Not necessarily. Van can just make friendships and weird everyone out like he normally does. Converting everyone to Vida's religion is just a convenient side benefit. There are also Van's interactions with his classmates, some of whom could be important characters.

Avalon's main source of power is his connections. He's dug himself deep into Origin's politics so that he can influence things on an international scale to his benefit. His actual combat ability is probably somewhat lacking. In other words, even though Avalon's cheat would hypothetically allow him to grow stronger indefinitely, he's still restricted by human limits, as is any military force he has at his command. He's no match for Banda, who is a god's spirit clone.

The only thing that Origin's humans can use to reliably stop Banda in some capacity is the light and life attributes used together, which is confirmed to be an anti-death attribute of sorts. However, this definitely won't be enough to completely cripple Banda.

Pretty much anything that happens here depends on what happens to Metamorph and when. Metamorph is practically guaranteed to come back to her senses at some point; the question is when that will happen. If she's lucky, she'll be back to normal before she dies. If not, she'll at least go straight to Rodcorte before Avalon can experiment on her.

Other than Guduranis(?), there is no known natural death attribute mage. Van, Mei, and the 8th Guidance all were artificially granted the death attribute. Mei and Van are perfect death mages, while the 8th Guidance are imperfect death mages.

Without the necessary preparation, this is suicidal.

Yep. This could work very well if he's sneaky enough about it, though he might not be willing to assassinate . Under normal circumstances, kidnapping Mei would be easiest, but Banda being there eliminates any chance of that option working, as he found out the hard way.

Killing Amemiya and Narumi should be much easier when they are away from home because Banda wouldn't be able to save them. If they stay close enough to Mei, their safety is guaranteed.

Banda would never allow Avalon to reach Mei. The parents dying has nothing to do with it.

Maybe Banda can completely fill a parental role for Mei. Then again, maybe not. Van has definitely proven himself to be an adequate parent as far as care, protection, and discipline(?) are concerned. Hiroto's death would cause a lot of problems, but leaving helpless orphans behind is not one of them.

Druid could resist capture (though he isn't very good at combat), and Van's divine protection has most likely rendered Origin's brainwashing methods useless against him. He'll probably end up captured anyway, unless he somehow learns how call over one of Van's familiar spirits, which is unlikely.

At that point, he might transfer over to Vida's system. However, since I don't know how guidance and soul transmigration work together across different lives and worlds, I can't say for sure what will happen, especially if Rodcorte decides to interfere.

This is probably the best possible outcome, though I would like to see Druid's Lambda experience. Metamorph will probably die before such a confrontation could happen, though I suppose she could stick around to help as a spirit if Van's guidance sticks.

If possible, Banda would kill Avalon before his release. He's too dangerous to be left alive, after all.

How can Avalon kill all the Bravers in secret? Taking drastic action like that could blow his cover wide open. I'm not saying he can't pull it off, but it's extremely risky.

That sounds very far-fetched. If Vida had such a fragment, wouldn't she just give it to Van and let him figure out how to assimilate it?

Van is on Origin to protect Mei, not take over the world.

Van will be easy to find, since Rodcorte can tell them where Van has been and what he's been doing.

If I had to guess, I'd say Van's guidance spiritually awakens people to some extent, such that their minds are less dependent on their brains, thus lowering the effectiveness of non-spiritual brainwashing.

Nope. Metamorph's body started to revert when she stopped came to her senses and stopped pretending to be Avalon. This means her original form is her default, and she can't permanently maintain any changes she makes, including additional youth.

Absolutely golden. :blobrofl:

Nope. People usually lose their memories and everything once they pass on to a soul transmigration system like Rodcorte's. Before then, the dead are more forgetful, but they don't automatically forget everything. At this stage, they can still come back as undead with the memories and abilities they still have. They can also be manually reincarnated so they can be reborn without the soul wiping.

In particular, death mages like Van and Mei can become perfect undead: strong from the start and with all memories and abilities retained. Someone like that has no chance of passing on normally, and must be beaten to death until they run out of mana and stay dead.

Such as Van's guidance, perhaps?

Why does NTR keep popping up whenever Narumi is mentioned? There is absolutely no reason to ship her with Van.

Van already knows Hiroshi was named after him. He isn't too comfortable with that, since his old name reminds him of his tragic past.

Hiroshi: "So Mom and Dad killed you?"
    Van: "They didn't recognize me, and I was bitter and reckless then. I was forced to live a life of extreme misery and misfortune, so I decided to mercilessly kill everyone who wronged me. Your parents were simply tasked with killing a dangerous undead, so that's what they did."
    Mei: "Were you angry?"
    Van: "A little bit."

Really? Everything?

This demands a fanfic.

No. That crosses a line Van wouldn't cross. Just this one sentence.

Badass, but I don't think Van would say it quite like that. The way it's said here makes it sound like a threat, but Van would say it very calmly unless he is angry.

It's not like Banda was trying to intrude on their lives. That sort of weird stuff just happens in dreams. He is simply doing what he believes is the right thing to do in his situation.

Same difference.

All in favor of a magical girl army?

The prototype is always the most difficult to make. All transformation staves made afterward were easier to make because Van now knows how to make them. Then Van made a new prototype for a better version of the transformation staff, which once again took time to figure out. Mass-produced staves should take a lot less time from now on.

If you're going to kill a bear with your bare hands, you need to use martial arts. C-class adventurers can't just stick their hands through a bear's chest like a knife through tissue paper.

At that point, the SCP Foundation would step in to censor and study the anomaly. :V

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    ssj4maiko and jubjub3000 like this.