Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Yulia Scarlet

Yulia Scarlet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    @Nyan sempai This is what you request :blobokhand::blobpeek:

Heroine, chiino, rilakkuma and 7 others like this.
  2. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    Another Extra have just been updated on Tumblr! (This is the extra that is exclusive to the Taiwan physical book that was released (in Traditional Chinese)).

Here's the link to read this (which is truly a hidden gem indeed)! :aww: https://bigbadredpanda.tumblr.com/post/181909145601/mo-dao-zu-shi-extra-from-night-to-morning

I actually find that all these actions where Wei Ying, despite being tired, he still helps Lan Zhan grades those young disciple 'night hunt notes', and, it isn't just Lan Zhan, but I also find myself smiling at Wei Ying when he was grading them <3 and did I ever mention (I think I did, but it wouldn't hurt to mention this again), that I absolute ADORE seeing Weiying being the teacher to the Gusu Lan Disciples, because he's really a great and knowledgeable teacher imo! :cookie:I mean, think about it, those disciples are lucky to learn from the Yiling Patriarch <3 <3

P.S: I also love how Lan Zhan didn't use the silence spell on Wei Ying despite Wei Ying asked for it, because it really shows me he respects Wei Ying enough not to use it on him. Anyways, this chapter made me really happy! And thought I'll share with you, in case you've missed it.

P.S.S Proper Translation, Not MTL, so enjoy! ;)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  3. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, me too! When I read the MTL version, just a teaser of it, I wanted to read what this chapter was like, in proper translation. From what she said in her blog/post, she only translated this because she find it a hidden gem that she wanted to share, and I'm glad she did :blobReach: Because after reading this extra (chapter), it made me love Wangxian more <3 <3

5. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    Valentines day came early~ It's going to be Wangji's birthday soon too :blobowoevil_horns::blobReach: We need mooaarrr

6. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, Yes, Yes, we certainly do, I wonder what kind of surprise is awaiting us on Lan Zhan's birthday? :blobmelt::blobpopcorn::blobReach:

7. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    I propose wrapping Wei up entirely with red ribbons then wait and see for our dear Wangji's "Everyday means everyday" reaction :blobpopcorn_cool:

8. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    I approve! :cookie::blobReach: I think that it's the simple thing that Wei Ying is by his side is enough to make Lan Zhan happy, but the whole "Everyday is everyday" is a whole new level (haha) :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn_cool::blobrofl:

9. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the information, but do you have the source to the singers of Wangxian in the Audio Drama? I would like to site it on my end.

Yulia Scarlet and Rufi-sidd like this.
  10. Sandu

Sandu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I think Xue Yang just wanted Xiao Xingchen back, and all those things he said about wanting Xiao Xingchen to become his minion and kill at his command and so forth were his way of pretending that he was OK with Xiao Xingchen's death.

If he had succeeded in bringing back Xiao Xingchen as a fierce corpse like happened with Song Lan, I wonder what would have happened? He could have put those nails in Xiao Xingchen's head to make him easier to control, but then, I'm sure he would have been unhappy about having him essentially unconsicious. I bet that if he could, he would more or less just resume playing house with zombie Xingchen. That's probably all he really wanted.

Like you were saying, Xue Yang placed him carefully in the coffin, and he couldn't bring himself to let go of the candy. He treasured Shuanghua. He killed A-Qing and made Yi City crawl with zombies just like he threatened Xiao Xingchen he would if Xiao XIngchen didn't return. He killed Chang Ping as revenge on behalf of Xiao Xingchen. Even with that, he was in deep, deep denial about how much he cared for him. Arguably he's the most pathetic character in the series, because not only did he wreck his own happiness, he wouldn't or couldn't acknowledge what Xiao Xingchen meant to him and just kept clinging to lies and false hopes. No wonder he was acting as if Wei Wuxian was the long-awaited fairy godmother who would fix up Xiao Xingchen's soul for him.

zeromint, chiino, setsuna3025 and 5 others like this.
  11. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    Here are some very very mild ChengXian and wn x wwx (what do you call it) canonical almost
    914694069a42ce6210f76aeffeb83546.jpg c79b824b3d0a38b28fd1ad67190c8469.jpg 3623c827dea1893f6fbddd923460fab8.jpg 6343fd446012e816fedd62c859eb3e05.jpg cb0f0470bf8805e05da404f0ab3d2615.jpg
    eedac57bbff10e7dbd51079c918df6e5.jpg
    (His golden core is literally inside him)
    77d27981422a846de01999269f713592.jpg
    b8fee5eeff8e315d9781058db362ce7f.jpg
    361c13f6a04f7c4e1087485722d3c229.jpg c845510abec326fb69c6c04dd70d2e51.jpg a25fb0ba9b91f71d496f5941cf3fde53.jpg 4970ecbeea97e9f35aed21a4282642a9.jpg 52511c88e0d9500ecdf066906c440075.jpg
    3ee4c7d8af97753ecc77f8777c28b0be.jpg
    36f02d925fd37cac3fac33924aa87336.jpg

But ofc lololol no matter whoever crack ships them. He is like:

8c231f02b40df5b893f27f11df40873e.jpg
    c01059a7d05a9ce329d51a01fb5bb149.jpg
    Lololol I hope you got what I meant...
    (Phew! That was a lot of hard work lolol downloading then uploading lolol)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Heroine, chiino, setsuna3025 and 4 others like this.
  12. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, Xue Yang could have put those needles in Xiao Xingchen's head to make it easier for him to control, but if he did, he wouldn't be Xiao Xingchen anymore, Xiao Xingchen without his conscious/heart, isn't Xiao Xingchen, it would just be merely a puppet for him. He's alright to do this to Song Lan because he didn't care for him, but Xiao Xingchen is a different case, he's someone who he had come to care and love, even when it's in a very twisted way. He may convince himself over and over again that he's happy like this, that Xiao Xingchen is back with him, but deep down, I can really see that he's not happy at all because that "life" he longed to live with Xiao Xingchen, like how they were living together with A-Qing before Xiao Xingchen finding out the truth can never be a life that he can return to living, because that dream have ended the moment when Xiao Xingchen found out the truth about Xue Yang... It's actually really sad to be honest. If only things are done differently, then perhaps these tragedies can be avoided.

Personally for me, and to be honest here, despite I like A-Qing, but I do have to say that A-Qing plays a deep role in wrecking their 'happy family life' that they were living. I always felt that "what if" A-Qing never told Xiao Xingchen, then perhaps Xiao Xingchen wouldn't have to kill himself in the end, they would even continue to live in that little house together for the rest of their life, because it does look like Xue Yang have gotten used to that kind of domestic-life-style and is content with it. So on my end, I didn't really see that Xue Yang was the one who wreck his own happiness but it was what A-Qing told Xiao Xingchen that lead to the tragedy that happened that wreck their happiness. I am not blaming A-Qing here, I'm just saying that what A-Qing did have contributed to Xiao Xingchen's death even when she never intended for him to kill himself. Xiao Xingchen killed himself because, yes, it was Xue Yang who made him killed all those innocents including Song Lan, but "what if" A-Qing never revealed this to Xiao Xingchen? I understand why she wanted to tell Xiao Xingchen the truth, so I'm not blaming her here, but when looking at this from a different angle, if she never told Xiao Xingchen about this, and if she never finds out about what Xue Yang did, then they really could just live a normal life like this. I think this is what Xue Yang always wanted, because he never really have that kind of 'family' warmth that he got when he was living with Xiao Xingchen and A-Qing. So I think it's not Xue Yang that wreck his own happiness, because he never wanted for Xiao Xingchen's death nor is it A-Qing, I guess we can say, in the end, this is fate..... This tragedy needs to happen to build on the plot/back-story and this is sad....

So in the end, Xue Yang to me is, yeah, he's someone who is in deep denial about how he felt towards Xiao Xingchen, but he's a pitiful character to me because what he wanted, he can't ever have because there's no second chance for him in getting this, even when he's just content with living in that little house with them. Xiao Xingchen when he found out that the person he was living with was Xue Yang, he was horrified, disgusted, well insert all these negative emotions he have here... Xiao Xingchen didn't think for a minute that those times they spent together, coming from Xue Yang was sincere, he didn't see there's actually another side to Xue Yang where he isn't completely ruthless, even when living together all those times. Xue Yang can be said as a misunderstood character, because to me, he's not really heartless as he, himself make him out to be, because all these signs shows me, he can actually care for someone deeply to the point that, he holds onto that memory that is dear to him(even when that person(XXC) hated him)...........It's sad to be honest.

13. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Ayeeeee, all this. I can feel their pain too, despite I'm not a fan on Jiang Cheng, but I don't hate him. He deserves to be happy, and I think it's the fact that he can finally let go of his hatred for Wei Ying and Wen Ning (I like to believe that he finally let go of his hatred for Wen Ning) that allows him to get that character development to be a happier and better person. I want to see Jiang Cheng and Wei Ying being like brothers again. I am going to head-canon that's what happened in the end, and *cough* JC and LXC*cough* crack ship will give me all these moments to see Wei Ying teasing Jiang Cheng about his and LXC relationship.

But what I'm truly sad is LXC ending in canon.... Him going into seclusion is too much for my heart :cry::cry:

I'm Aquarius :LOL:

Heroine, chiino, setsuna3025 and 5 others like this.
  14. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't jump in this discussion since I'm utterly biased against Xue Yang though in regards to this part wouldn't Song Lan be at 'fault' then? Because if A'Qing hadn't met up with Song Lan she wouldn't have known about Xue Yang's true identity and wouldn't have felt the need to urgently tell XingChen about it. She would have just kept quiet while cautiously observing Xue Yang instead like she had been doing for the years they were living together.

In no way am I blaming Song Lan the precious baby was never ever 10000x ever not at fault for anything :blobsob:

15. Mnemosyne

Mnemosyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm Aquarius too :blob_sunglasses::blobhighfive:

16. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
  17. Mnemosyne

Mnemosyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And I still don't understand why my element is air:blobjoy: Shouldn't it be water? :hmm:

18. Rufi-sidd

Rufi-sidd When the wolves come out to play!

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you @Fiorisi!!! Love you! What would we do without your gdc directory :love:

Lol that must be traumatic for lan xichen cause he thought Wei ying had his future nephew in his tummy....

Yup same here especially the yi city arc will require pints of ice cream too~ lol
    My zodiac sign is Leo btw.......

*screams in delight* thankyou!!! @Lina Lina so much!!!

19. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    When I said A-Qing plays a part in this I didn't lay this out to blame her, sorry if it causes confusion, anyways I won't go into saying what I already said in my previous post, but to answer your question, no, I never blamed Song Lan for coming into the picture which set the stage for A-Qing to see this whole thing, all I'm saying in the end and was trying to say is at the end of the day it isn't just Xue Yang that caused Xiao Xingchen's death, each character have a role in this which leads to the tragedy that happened in the end, the whole "what if's" here yet again.

For Xue Yang, I firmly believe he didn't want Xiao Xingchen dead because he didn't want to destroy that kind of family he have(for all said), but that tragedy that took place and happened then you can say it's because of fate. Not that I support it though because I didn't like the tragedy that happened....So much could be avoided if things are done differently and that's how I feel.

20. Rufi-sidd

Rufi-sidd When the wolves come out to play!

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol both remind me of my eldest nephew the cool and chill boss boy of our fam love him to bits

Mnemosyne, Yulia Scarlet and Sauling like this.