Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, everybody! Anyone here knows the status of the "killing me!" manga? is it dropped by the writer? or the translator? I'm currently on the 10th chapter and hit the end.

2. Haylias

Haylias Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Moonpearl, Sabruness and Raneday like this.
  3. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Today there are a few original popping up in Dynasty. But somehow for quite a while i don't find one that give me a : "Ah ! It's a pure masterpiece !" kind of reaction.

4. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Plz tell me it's fluffy without angst ! And that the gruesome tags in it are for the death of bad guys.

5. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, there isn't too much edge. The MC and her little (as of now) harem are not the superheroes of the 90-s at least (bad joke, I know, but I had to). There's some gore, but overall it's nice and cozy, more or less. Also the MC being a soul doesn't exactly make her a reincarnation, more like a naive child that's not that familiar with the concepts of the world. It gives her the 'innocent' attribute, not the 'airhead' one though

6. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you, now i'm interested. I just need to find the "drive" to read it now (i got like 100 tabs open for reading novels and somehow can't find the drive to read each of them).

ShadowkingMS and Keitaro123 like this.
  7. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Keitaro123 and Moonpearl like this.
  8. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I so understand you. Sometimes you wish you could read just a few hundred times faster, no?

Keitaro123 likes this.
  9. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope it's just that my mind think of the novels as being : "bleeeh"
    It's just that after some good fluffy masterpieces i can't seem to like anymore all the normally decent novels.
    For exemple, i can't find the drive to continue I favor the villainess even though it's yuri. The seeming plot of "commoners wanting equalization" kicking up and the UTTER LACK OF YURI kinda kill my joy of reading. I find the boke-tsukkomi comedy sketch of MCxFL is funny and heartwarming though but not enough for me.

Edit: can't really give a list of what i continue to read as some are not yuri.

Moonpearl and nikitos00100 like this.
  10. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Starting to read, pretty nice beginning/prologue, i chuckled a bit. Still dislike that god forgot that MC won't be able to communicate with humans at first encounter, heck i think worse stuff could have happened to MC like being wanted, i hope MC learns the language fast. I am at chapter 9.

The thing i started to think is : i fear that author will write about MC outliving her harem and that it will be sad. I also hope MC will have feelings of love for her girls and not just think of them as food.

11. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Aahhh, this exhilarating feeling when someone reads and enjoys your recommendations... mmmm, delicious.
    Now, to the discussion
    But she doesn't see them as food tho? I mean, yeah, she does have hunger and enjoy her 'eating'/'drinking'. Makes her love, while not quite romantic, but love all the same, no lesser, no? And outliving her harem... Yeah, that would be sad. Hope she finds a way to turn them into vampires or smth. As for the supposed 'God', well what did you expect from a god? It saddens me to see beings, the concept behind which is supposed to be both frighteningly grand and grandly frightening reduced to silly idiotic airhead-ish mascot-like characters. Well, 'nuff of me ranting on an unrelated subject, my point being why would a God care about a soul, even one he/she/it is indebted to/favours? If god were real, I would really prefer them to be more Cthulhu-ish than, say, Gods from the "Raising children in another world" novel. Ooops, I did get ranting again. Sorry

Moonpearl likes this.
  12. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    In the chapter where there is a bandit leader that kinda hurt Night, Sun is sad/crying. MC kinda think she would think "what a waste" if she died. She also say he sees them as "walking delicacies". Not everything is bad (and i kinda forgot about that) because she feels bad thinking of them like that and wants to remove "this nasty feeling" she is feeling + wants to be closer .

13. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahh, I honestly am having a hard time remembering when what took places, so what Snow thought here or there is kinda hard for me to judge. But please do pay attention to the fact that she came from a place with literally nothing but her self, so after she became alive she had to familiarize herself with the most simple, most basic and intuitive concepts we take for granted, speaking nothing of any moral values or moral rules or whatever else that even normal humans probably find themselves struggling with at least once in their lives.

14. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome, welcome~!

I'm pretty sure that "Hao!" by Chi-ran is supposed to be a (stereotypical) Chinese woman with a Japanese woman. It's NSFW, and the characters have very cute designs.

If you don't mind doushinji, Mamori x Mirei from "Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid" are interracial, although I can't quite remember where Mirei comes from - America, maybe? Dynasty has a whole bunch of doushinji with them, which you can find here (beware that the page has some previews of NSFW images at the top).
    (I also wanted to recommend Anthy x Utena doushinji, but there's only one and it's trash, sob sob...)

If you don't mind webcomics instead of manga, I recommend "Mahou Josei Chimaka". It's a cute, short, and already complete webcomic about a magical girl who failed and, years later, has to face the big bad again when it recovers its power. Her magic doesn't work because she's so jaded now, however, so it's up to her best friend to help her recover it.

Ah, I know the feeling... Once you've read a few novels that really suit your tastes, it's hard not to raise the bar for everything else too. I'm pickier about the BL I read too, for the same reason...

By the way, Tsuru, have you read "Me and My Beloved Cat (Girlfriend)"? It's been on my to-read list forever because it's too sweet for me to stomach very much of.

Keitaro123 likes this.
  15. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    That was super cute

Keitaro123 and Moonpearl like this.
  16. Keitaro123

Keitaro123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahoy~! FeedMeYuri~! Welcome aboard on our quest to find islands that contain such hidden treasures~! Get ready lass~ we are on a fine sailings~!

Moonpearl likes this.
  17. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    I started "Beloved cat" but dropped like others. Somehow i don't find it that good. Also the plot of "cat needs 1 kiss everyday so she stays human" is kinda... what if MC forgot ?

Moonpearl likes this.
  18. FeedMeYuri

FeedMeYuri Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Salutations Haylias, Keitaro123 and Moonpearl.

I'm rather curious, does anyone have any specific taste for Yuri such as vanilia or light fantasy or do you all just like Yuri all around in general?

Just asking so when I find something suitable I can recommend it to them.

Moonpearl likes this.
  19. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Every yuri will appear in Dynasty reader website, don't forget to check it out. There are some exceptions though like Mage&Demon Queen on some website and Yurikon on mangadex.

Btw, i like ultra vanilla without drama yuri with fast development.

-----------
    Found a little nice sisters relationship quote in To Be a Power in the Shadows! ch22

“You used to be so cute too…..”

So grumbles Iris in a small voice.

“I heard that.

So moe ! The "older sister missing the good old past where the little sister was cuter" cliche !
    Sharing it because for some extremists it would look like as being sis-con.

FeedMeYuri and Moonpearl like this.
  20. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    I found a small comedy SFW sequel to it here.

I like most yuri, but I have a particular love for yuri that has a larger plot to it - particularly in fantasy settings. For example, "Akuma no Riddle" and "Creo the Crimson Crises". I also like yuri where there's more of an obvious seme/uke dynamic, like Creo or "Strawberry Panic".

Speaking of such, I found another interracial yuri on Dynasty, called "Flower Flower"! It's also a fantasy and a longer-running series, although it was unfortunately cancelled... But what's there is very good.

Do you have a specific taste in yuri?

Ddraig and FeedMeYuri like this.