Recommendations Novel like revered insanity? (evil/intelligent)

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Urf, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Urf

Urf Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read through 190 chapters of Reverend Insanity only to once again reinsert my belief that anyone who supports qidian can die in ditch. Insanely upset that i found such a diamond in the rough, only to be blocked by a paywall.
    Have read WMW, enjoyed it, but didn't keep me fully engaged throughout the story like RI has.
    Looking for an insanely intelligent MC, who's usually anti-hero/plain fucking evil. It was such a breath of fresh air, leaving me wanting more. Have read a shit ton of novels in the past few years, some that aren't on my reading list. Any recs that have a no-nonsense MC with a solid plot are welcome.

chomer, Astaroth and tablelamp like this.
  2. Childish dreams

Childish dreams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The lnmtl for Reverend Insanity (Daoist Gu) is pretty good, since its so popular. You can Try Dungeon Defense if you haven't already.

Astaroth likes this.
  3. Khatulistiwa

Khatulistiwa An Egg Eternal

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Urf

Urf Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just tried reading through the mtl, its just not worth it. Have read some of DD, and will probably put it in my rotation soon. And the paywall isn't worth it, hands down. 10 ss per chap? for 10$ you get 600 SS amounting to sixty chaps max, and even if someone decides to pay all that fucking money to catch upto the current translation, it hasn't been updated for nearly 5 months. And the novel still has a shit ton of chapters to go. Not worth it in any way, and that's a damn shame.

Mister J.A likes this.
  5. Khatulistiwa

Reading List:
    Link
    Hasn't been updated in 5 months ? Lolwut :ROFLMAO: It's updated twice daily, and if you're so stingy about money then make some alternate account, the newcomer mission already net you 150-ish SS per accs, add the daily free SS rewards from all your accs, you will caught up in no time at all

6. Urf

Urf Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was going off of what novelupdate's showed, translation stopped at 8/16, but obviously that ain't true. Stingy? That's not being stingy, but smart. You can't justify spending that much for a novel that has 2175+ chapters. And if someone does spend that much, they're fucking rich. And going beyond that, if you spend that much money on qidian, then you're part of the problem unless you're leaking the chapters for people who aren't financially stable. Either way, i figured my problem out so this isn't an issue anymore, still looking for suggestions on novels like RI.

Mister J.A likes this.
  7. Khatulistiwa

Reading List:
    Link
    lol sure, suit yourself :ROFLMAO:

Wujigege likes this.
  8. lehur

lehur ぼく愛エリス

Reading List:
    Link
    Qidian is fine for me, the one that I wanna give bricks, it would be Munpia, so hard non korean to register and to pay

9. Djoty

Djoty Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wortenia Senki - strategy and knows how to lay, compromise what deemed important, for the true goal, not truely a villain but, not kind either
    Grandmaster Strategist -
    Advent of the Archmage - not evil, but cold and calculative,
    Immortal - Smart old man
    Divine Throne of Primordial Blood - similar to WMW, human experiment and energy research
    Ouroborous Record - Mc sole Is the research of immortality, died once, didn't want to experience a second
    Age of Adept - Most similar to WMW with nicer MC, with AI chip, with magic, with calculative fellow cultivators in his world, conquering another plane

10. Urf

Urf Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good recs, see atleast 3 i can try out, have already read DTPB. Thanks!

Also for the above comment, i see alot of people content with qidian, and munpia sure is an issue. All around its a shitty situation, and its our responsibility as consumers to not concede to their greed. As we continue to pay them, they'll just want more. It all starts with us. Take that as you will.

11. LordGeek

LordGeek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While I don't have any recommendations, I can tell you that aggreggators have Daoist Gu updated to chapter 702. I am not certain whether that is the latest chapter but at least you can read a bit more of RI
    Does anybody know if I can give the name of an aggregator or if that ts just as forbidden as posting links to it?

12. viscocent

viscocent Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Urf

Urf Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haven't read that yet, but have seen it around plenty. Will give it a read soon, thanks!

14. Urf

Urf Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Still looking for more recs!

15. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Thatdude1

Thatdude1 New Member

Reading List: