Recommendations Something Like this

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by strongcoffee, Jan 12, 2019.

1. strongcoffee

strongcoffee Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Youngest Son of Sunyang where MC tries to become rich by using his limited knowledge. I also started Doing it all Over but after 10 chapters it feels like a chore to me☹️

Read Re: Trailer Trash and it is very good although its just 8 chapters right now. Its do over/second chance but more of how you can age and yet remain amateur with your thinking (current theme). Just give it a chapter if you like something like this.

Or like Top Management which also has MC not knowing full future which leads to him trying to think it through. The charm of it is that things don't get solved just because he is MC although there are many things that I don't like but overall its one of the better written novels, its easily 4-4.5/5 for me so don't get turned off by what I have written. I am digressing.

Is there any novels/web novels be it from West or East?

Thank You for reading my request.

2. redaka0

redaka0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Second Coming of Avarice

His emotions get sent back in time as a dream so it's a "Do Over" in that sense, but not exactly.

He's motivated more by the feelings that are sent back, but he doesn't have concrete knowledge of the future.

The main character turned into a terrible person because he gave into his own greed, so he has to learn from the mistakes of his past and slowly become a better person.

It's a redemption story, without the instant gratification. It's quite well-written for a light novel and is probably exactly what you're looking for.

3. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A new past on storiesonline.

Edit: A scientist is accidentally sent back in time. Recreates stuff and becomes really rich. Spoiler time: it's not harem, the temporary girlfriend he got after main FL dies because of sickness/surgery (he will get back together with main FL). He develop some coating that also works for stealth => army learns about him. 1 secretary dies because of random package bombing (that is maybe well known in the past that i don't know). I was spoiled that another bodyguard dies and no one else after that (not sure). I stopped reading because of the carefree attitude of MC that is not scared of being kidnapped by someone even though he got a famous invention of stealth coating that is ultra cheap. He is not scared thx to having just 2 bodyguards even though he died because of an terrorist attack in his previous life.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  4. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw how is the romance in Top Management ? Worth reading it for it ?

5. strongcoffee

Reading List:
    Link
    For Romance Nope.

Theres 164 chapters and I don't think MC even thinks about FL that way. Hell he doesn't't even get time for sleeping or rest so that he could think about his love life.
    Also he thinks he will remain single for a long time because of his future sights so he gives it all to his work

But other things are interesting and you'll binge it as you'll want more. It keeps you entertained and interested even when you don't like some of the arcs.

6. strongcoffee

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats currently my favourite series. If I could be shameless than I would have kept bugging him to translate more or could have put a Water Gun to translators head that too in Winter to make him focus.

Thanks for recommendation