Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Dungeon Diving

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by AliceShiki, Jan 28, 2019.

1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Registration | Announcement Hall | Event Hall | Quest Board | Receptionist's Desk | Tavern | OOC Room | Goods and Services

This is the thread related to Dungeon Diving, I'll explain what are the Dungeons and how the Diving Experience works in here~
    --------------------------------------
    What are Dungeons?

Dungeons are living structures that dive deep underground. They accumulate Mana, mix it with the surrounding's Life Force and use it to create Monsters to protect itself, those monsters are completely mindless and their purpose is to protect the dungeon from intruders... However, as the dungeon creates more and more monsters, they start going out and cause destruction in their surroundings.

In their deepest layer they tend to have a Core protected by very strong monsters, breaking the core would kill the dungeon and make it stop summoning monsters for good~

If the amount of mana within the dungeon becomes too big, an outburst tends to happen and it creates a ton of monsters that go out and start causing devastation to everything in its path... And that's... Kinda bad, isn't it? So it's good to just go inside the Dungeons from time to time to clear monsters and force the Dungeon to spend Mana creating new ones.

Well...Why should you care though? xD

Thing is, Dungeons have a super concentrated amount of Mana within it, and that sometimes solidifies into Mana Crystals you can harvest, or actual Magical Weapons! You know what that means? I know what it means, it means money! Dungeon diving is dangerous, but pretty profitable~

You can also try selling its map to other guild members or to the guild itself if you want, though the guild is pretty stingy mind you~

So... If you have confidence in your skills, you should give it a shot! ^^)/

PS: While there are no restrictions on rank or number of people that enter, it's recommended to be at least D-rank and to be in a party in order to explore the dungeon.
    PPS: GM has a life and will die from overwork if more than 1 dungeon is run at a given time, please be patient in case a run is already going on.
    --------------------------------------------
    So... How does this work?

Dungeon diving is a unique GM-run experience. Basically, the GM will be the one that knows the dungeon's layout and monster positioning, while the players will be going more or less blindly. It's an interactive experience that will hopefully be fun for everyone. (suggestions on how to improve it are always welcome btw! ^^)/)

A few things to keep in mind before I go into further details.
    • Dungeon diving takes a fair amount of time (depending on everyone's activity, it can take a few hours or days I guess, we'll have to see), and it's an interactive experience, so... If you're super busy and can barely log-in to NUF, I'd recommend against going into dungeons.
    • Mind your timezones. This is particularly important because if you're in a 4 people party and each person has different online times, the dungeon experience may take forever to advance which will probably not be very nice... Luckily for you all, the GM works at home-office, so you just need to tell me when you're available and I can probably adapt my schedule to it.
    • Some RNG is involved during the experience (mainly related to monster placement and drops, so it's more of a behind-the-scenes thingy), this means some runs might come out without earning anything in particular... I can 100% assure you that I'll never rig the RNG against the players because I'm feeling evil or anything like that, it would just ruin the experience.
    Okay, now for the actual details on how the experience works.
    1. Make a post in this thread saying you're interested in going in a dungeon and what dungeon you're going to. If you're in a party, do make sure to tag them all too.
    2. The GM will make a group PM with all the party members with a bit of flavor and the currently known dungeon map. From then on you all can say what you'll do and move through the dungeon.
    3. Once monsters are found, you're pretty free to act as you please while controlling both your own character and how the monsters act. The GM might add a twist or two from time to time, but it's mostly the players controlling them.
    4. If you wish to go stop the run, either because of wounds or because you're tired of it, you can just say so and the GM can end the run and you'll all be able to return with any loot you gathered.
    That's about it! If it's confusing, you can just ask for details or try it out and see for yourself! I think it should be intuitive enough once you start playing! ^^)/
    -------------------------------------
    What are Dungeoneering Kits and do they matter?

If you paid attention to the Registration thread, you probably saw a Dungeoneering Kit as one of the things with a price set... As for what that is, it's basically an assortment of things that should help any newbie adventurer that is venturing into a dungeon.

It should contain stuff like:
    • 1 Week's worth of rations.
    • Ropes.
    • Torches.
    • Some oil.
    • Flint.
    • A few bandages.
    • Some medicinal ointment.
    You don't particularly need it to go into the dungeon but it should help out to have those things with you~
    -------------------------------------
    Quick FAQ:

Q: Can I take quests while in the Dungeon?
    A: Yes.

Q: Can I talk in the Tavern while in the Dungeon?

Q: Can I participate in events while in the Dungeon?

Q: Does being in the Dungeon stop me from playing any other part of the game?
    A: Not really... Well, you can't be in two dungeons at the same time I guess.

Q: Why?
    A: Time is kinda fluid in AG and we didn't really want to stop you from playing the game because you decided to do a 6-people dungeon run that has each person in a different timezone, so it's advancing at the same pace as snail in slow motion... >.>

Q: Can I use stuff I got in the dungeon before the run is completed?
    A: I won't stop you, but I think it's really weird to do so.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Further Information Regarding Specific Dungeons

If you wish to get details over any of the dungeons you can currently visit, I highly recommend checking their wiki pages which are listed in the 2nd post.

That said, the 3rd post will also hold any information that was sold to the guild by adventurers that previously went inside the dungeons.

It's important to note however, that their information is subjective and may not be accurate as it's something that depends completely on what they saw and noticed from the path they took in the dungeon run.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    LittleFox21, Ophious, Amayah and 6 others like this.
  2. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    List of Dungeons Currently Available:
    Previous Dungeon Expeditions:

@Razogul, @Kysil, @Hirame, @strikegunner, @Amayah and @Haxagen's run at Simetra's Dungeon.
    @A5G_Reaper's run at Simetra's Dungeon.
    @strikegunner, @Ddraig and @Hirame at Simetra's Dungeon.
    @A5G_Reaper, @Razogul, @wraith and @Haxagen at Simetra's Dungeon.

Ongoing Dungeon Expeditions:

@WhitesRabbit48, @Arexio and @Zero300's run at Dagon's Dungeon.
    @Haitaka, @Nahrenne, @Haxagen and @michael.kx5's run at Dagon's Dungeon.

Queue for Future Runs:

N/A

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    A5G_Reaper, Ophious, Kysil and 3 others like this.
  3. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Available Information Regarding The Known Dungeons:

An important thing to keep in mind when looking through this information, is that it was all collected from other adventurers that went through the dungeon.

While the guild does try to be as accurate as possible in relaying it, we still depend solely in the point of view of each adventurer without any way of confirming it ourselves, so it's important for any wannabe dungeon explorer to take this information with some caution and keep in mind that it could be mistaken.

Code:
    E = Entrance Room
    P = Players' current position
    ? = Rooms You Have Not Been To.
    c = Cleared Rooms.
    x = Remarkable Rooms. (see Remarkable Information for details)
    B = Stairway to the Next Basement Floor.
    U = Stairway Upwards.
    D = Dungeon Core's Room.
    ══ and ║ = Paths that connect rooms

c══c
          ║
          c  ?
          ║  ║
    ?══c══c══c══?
       ║  ║
       x  E

The room marked by the "x" at the West of the entrance was previously guarded by a Crystal Drake. While the adventurer (s) who did it did not find anything particularly unusual with the room itself, it may hold something important to the dungeon due to the unusually strong opponent that was lying in said room.
    While it's not guaranteed you will find any of those monsters, those are what monsters the adventurers that explored the dungeon so far found. It may be wise to be prepared for at least this much when exploring.
    • Stone Golems (it seems some of those are able to shoot beams, be wary)
    • Maddened Fairies
    • Devils
    • Plant Elementals
    • Water Elementals
    • Mushroomen
    • Self-Proclaimed Fire Demigod (?) (apparently it can be dealt with by killing the mushroomen and then leaving its bonfire to burn itself out... Take this information for what it is)
    • Crystal Drake (The guild does not assume this to be a common occurrence and it might be guarding something important) (it seems like it can breath violet flames and shoot crystals from its body like a rain of spears)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  4. Kysil

Kysil [Progenitor of Sloth][Sloth Demon]

Reading List:
    Link
    Kyle Takes a peek
    |^°)
    {No one's here. Let's go back?}
    Kyle take one step forward.
    {Here we go again and your curiosity... }

5. Hirame

Hirame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hehehe, Maya has gathered a group of people bored to death~ ((Quite literaly))
    We shall embark to die together \o/
    OOC:
    @Kysil @Haxagen @strikegunner @Amayah <- Party
    None <- Preparations
    @AliceShiki

EDIT: Oh, yeah and we are going to die here >
    Simetra's Dungeon

6. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    Remember to dig 4 graves~

Hirame likes this.
  7. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    5, you mean.

8. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Dear God, you all don't give me a break! xD

Give me a bit, I'll set up a PM in a few minutes once I catch up to the tavern and OOC room, I was handling some wiki stuff~

Haxagen likes this.
  9. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, people get desperate when they're hungry.

AliceShiki likes this.
  10. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    @AliceShiki I'd like to sacrifice send the gourd into a dungeon. Simetra's, I guess?

11. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Since the previous dungeon already ended, it's fine with me... But not today, it's late... >.>

You going alone? Just to make sure~

I might make the PM if I feel like it today, but I'll proooobably do it tomorrow.

12. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah just him.

20170916_213044.png
    20170916_212611.png

LittleFox21, Zone Q11 and AliceShiki like this.
  13. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
  14. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I'd try solo for now. Curious at Alice's new dungeon system.

15. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure. When I reach D rank, I will get some new nice options so it will be more manageable.

16. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope you like it! ^^)/

It's probably more interesting as a party though...

A5G_Reaper likes this.
  17. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    It wont be the first, worry not.

18. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright alrighty~

19. Hirame

Hirame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC:
    Translation from Alice language:
    "I hope you die horribly~"

"It's probably more likely as a party though..."

A5G_Reaper likes this.
  20. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    You are probably less likely to survive as a party WTH!

A5G_Reaper likes this.