Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Receptionist's Desk

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by AliceShiki, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Selvia picks up the coins and stores them away. She mutters to herself. "I can actually live a little now and stop camping in the woods. Yay for not being poor."

She speaks more loudly. "You don't really have to have someone contact me. I doubt I'll end up taking the quest anyway. There are more interesting ways to spend my time than getting chase by hordes of goblins." She mutters to herself again. "I swore I would never let that happen again."

She proceeds to stare intently at his breakfast again. "You know those eggs look pretty good...."

She gives him her best attempt at large kitty eyes.

AliceShiki and A5G_Reaper like this.
  2. Nurman

Nurman ( ಠ∩ಠ) [Retired Ton]

Reading List:
    Link
    *sigh*

"Just take it, but remember to return the dish and cutlery this time."

3. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    She blushes bright red, but that does not at all stop her from grabbing the plate and beginning to devour the eggs.

"You know these are really good. Have you ever thought of being a chef? Also make sure to remind me, I can be a bit forgetful!"

She waves back as she walks out grinning.

AliceShiki, Nurman and A5G_Reaper like this.
  4. strikegunner

strikegunner Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Miss Aria, I'm summiting my report"

OOC: blue text is Fen's dialogues

|At the tavern|

Fen enters the tavern and sits down at the table with the man who is wearing a priest robe.

“Wanna play some game?”

“Hoooo Are you the one that taking the request?”

“Yeah, I’m Fen. Let’s have a good match” *handshake*

“Which card game you choose?” *Takes out a set of cards*

“Instead of normal one why don’t we use that deck in your right pocket?” *grins*

“Hahaha, you start to entertain me before we even play.”

“Now. Let’s Duel!

“My turn, I use ‘Terraforming’ to search ‘Catalyst Field’ from my deck and I’ll use it now. Then, I summon ‘Red-Eyes Black Flare Dragon’ by using ‘Catalyst Field’ effect to Normal summon level 5 or higher Gemini monster without tributing and I normal summon Red-Eyes again as an effect monster. My turn end now”

“Seem likes we both like dragons but unlucky, my dragon is the mightiest! I draw!”

*place a card on the field “I use ‘Upstart Goblin’ to draw a card and your Lifepoint increases by 1000 and I use 3 of them.” *place another two ‘Upstart Goblin after the first one on the field*

”I summon ‘Manju of Ten Thousand Hands in attack position, then activate its effect. Manju allows me to add for a ritual monster or ritual spell from my deck to my hand and I choose ritual monster ‘Blue-Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon’!”

*Fuzor uses ‘Advanced Ritual Art* *sends Blue-Eyes White Dragon from deck to graveyard* “Ritual summon! Come forth! Blue-Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon!” “Chaos MAX attacks Red-Eyes Flare! MAXIMUM BURST!!”

“Arghhh!” *Fen’s Lifepoint decreases to 9400*

“Manju of Ten Thousand Hands attack directly, then I end my turn with one card face down”

*Fen’s Lifepoint decreases to 8000*

“My turn, draw! I activate a spell ‘Return Of The Dragon Lord’ to revive my Red-Eyes Flare and use Catalyst Field’s to normal summon it”

“Red-Eyes attacks Manju of Ten Thousand Hands! Because my Red-eyes involved in damage calculation, at the end of battle phase I can deal damage to you equal to my Red-Eyes original attack!”

“Hmph! That’s nothing, draw. Chaos MAX attacks”

*Fen's life point decreases to 6400*

“I activate Return Of The Dragon Lord's effect, by removing it from my graveyard. My Red-Eyes can survive your attack for once!”

“Hahaha, it seems you want to suffer more. I activate my trap card ‘Reckless greed’ *Fuzor draws two cards* “I reveal ‘Impcantation Candoll’ from my hand to special summon ‘Impcantation Talismandra’ from my deck and Candoll from my hand”

“Talismandra’s skill when this card is special summoned from deck I can add one ritual monster to my hand”

“You can’t even overcome my Chaos MAX, how about another one!” *Fuzor uses ‘Advanced Ritual Art’ to summon ‘Blue-Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon’* “I set two cards and end my turn”

“My turn, draw. I equip ‘Black Metal Dragon’ to Red-eyes, it will gain 600 ATK. Battle phase! I attack Talismandra with my Red-Eyes, then Red-Eyes’ effect activated!”

“Not on my watch! You activate my trap card ‘Infinite Transience‘, now your Red-Eyes’ effect is negated”

“Main phase two! I use ‘Red-Eyes Fusion’ . . . What!”

“‘Ash Blossum & Joyous Spring’! by discarding this card to the graveyard from my hand, I can negate card effect that ‘Send a card from the Deck to the Graveyard.”

“Grrrr. . . I end my turn”

“Draw! Chaos MAXs attack! TWIN MAXIMUM BURST!!”

“Aghhhh!” *Lifepoint reduces to 1400* “Black Metal’s effect I can add one Red-Eyes card from my deck to hand and I choose ‘Red-Eyes B. Dragon’”

“I use ‘Compulsory Evacuation Device’ to return Candoll to my hand. Now draw your final card, kid. My next turn will be your defeat.”

“I draw.” ((It comes!)) “Your next turn? I don’t think you need it. Final turn!”

“Final turn!? With that board? You can't even reach my Chaos MAX with your weak Red-Eyes, two unusable cards on your hand and your ‘Red-Eyes B.’ that can’t be summoned.”

“Let’s me tell your mistakes. First, these two cards from the beginning of the duel are not useless and I will prove it now! Second, you have used a ‘hand trap’ to cancel my Red-Eyes fusion but that makes the opportunity to summon my Red-Eyes again without obstacle.”

“What!?”

“From my hand, I use the card just drew ‘One For One’! By sending one monster card from my hand, I can summon level 1 monster from my hand or deck to the field and I summon ‘Black Metal Dragon’”

“And lastly, my Red-Eyes’ anger never ends until my opponent has burned to ash whatever the cost, you will never stop them even they are destroyed. Rise again! Avatar of violence and anger, Red-Eyes Black Flare dragon!” *‘Return Of The Dragon Lord’*

“A second one!?”

“That’s right! I kept it for this moment. Now, ‘Black Metal Dragon’ becomes my Red-eyes’ power”

*Equip ‘Black Metal Dragon’ to Red-Eyes Flare* "I summon Red-Eyes Flare as an effect monster.” *Breathe in* “Red-Eyes Flare attacks Chaos MAX!”

“Are you sane? There no way...!!!”

“Return Of The DragonLord!” *Fen’s Lifepoint decreases to 400 and Red-Eyes Flare stay on the field* “Burn to nothing, INFERNO FIRE BLAST!!” *Red-Eyes Black Flare Dragon's effect*

“Hahahaha. MAGNIFICENT! Hahaha. You are the best!” *Fuzor’s Lifepoint reach 0”

“Yosh! Let’s play again”

“Now?”

“Yeah, You won’t leave until I defeat you!”

*sigh* “What a drag. Treat me a drink later, okay?”

“Duel!!”

Then those two cause noises and got scolded by the bartender.
    Help me! After I play a card game with him, he's been following me. (°Д°)
    @AliceShiki

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    Xalysian, Way and A5G_Reaper like this.
  5. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    (Dude. Mind the lightmode users.)

AliceShiki likes this.
  6. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Glad you could pick so much Lucas-san, I'm sure Soren-san will be very glad~

So... First near Flaminis and now going towards the Dungeon? Just what purpose could them have there though? This is an unsettling piece of information... As if we didn't have enough on our heads already... Ah, nevermind that, I'm just rambling~

Your reward will be... 25 Large Copper Coins and 4 Guild Points, you did great~

Take care now, keep up the good job~

7. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... This was an unusual story... At least it seems like the requester was happy with your hard work though.

There is no problem in keeping what was gifted to you, so it's yours. You also get the reward of 3 Large Copper Coins and 4 guild points... Take care now~

((*sighs* Okay, now for some remarks I need to make as the game's head...
    1. I assume it was a typo, but Dimitri's Dungeon isn't a thing, Dagon's Dungeon exists though. Don't go creating new dungeons out of nowhere please. At least not without proper build up.
    2. The guild has nothing against manipulating life force and the guild doesn't really go against anyone having strong powers or anything like that. The guild is a small organization of a small country that accepts pretty much anyone. Please remove this part from the report.
    That said, the report was... Okay overall, but you should be more careful with trying to set canon for the guild as a whole or any big things that involve the world.))

Coler likes this.
  8. Coler

Coler Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Solar: “Got it. I will erase that part and review it.”
    “Sorry for making Gerald say that line.”
    “About dungeon and those other things. I am still a newbie. Only with time I will learn.”

AliceShiki likes this.
  9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    My my, that was an unusual report, who'd have guessed card games crossed boundaries between planes~ *giggles*

He still seems to have a lot to learn though, using Brick-Eyes White Dragon and calling himself a priest of Razer~? Ohohoho, poor sod~

Still, you did an excellent job, good luck in getting him off your tail, try teaching him the love of our lords and saviors Sky Strikers and maybe he'll stop~

In any case, your reward was well earned, 9 Large Copper Coins and 4 Guild Points~

Take care now~

A5G_Reaper and Haxagen like this.
  10. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    "I'm back~"

Elaine brings the basket of herbs in, smiling.

“So, apparently the herb in question is highly hallucinogenic? So if I eat it, I’ll see hallucinations~ I see, I see~”

I nodded seriously as I thought about what Shiori had told me.

“Let’s eat it.”

And so, on a fine morning, I left the town, headed out, and was presently standing near a patch of Henbane, two hours since I started. I plucked a single leaf.

“Here goes nothing~”

*Nom*

“It tastes boring~ Hick~”

I looked around as I plucked out more of the herbs to put in the basket, only to find the basket gone and a watering can in its place! So it was a magical basket that could change shape?! Wao!

I stared forward, and the distant green sun shone into my face. It was too goddamn bright, dammit! Haven’t you heard that when a lady asks for ‘Five more minutes’, you’re supposed to oblige and stop shining your damned light?! I took a few stones from the roadside, and watched them morph into chocolate pieces. Oh, so that’s where chocolate comes from~ I threw the chocolate at the green sun, and it somehow grew a mouth and ate it~ Hehe, never knew suns had mouths~

Ah, there’s another sun beside the first! It has a face too! Are you hungry? I scooped up two more chocolates, and tossed them over. Perhaps because I threw too softly, the chocolates missed the mouth completely and landed on the grass instead~ Aw, what a pity, they’re wasted~

Hey, hey, don’t lunge at me! It not me who didn’t want to give you chocolates, it was nature who made them fall on the floor! Ouch! Stop hitting me, okay?!

I look at my sides, and whoa! There’s a stick of extremely large bread on my waist, stuck in a sheath! What was it doing there?! I took it out, and jammed it in the mouth of the angry green sun. Hehe, you were angry about not getting food, so eat up! Eat! Eat! This King commands you to eat all of it! Hahahah! Aren’t I such a generous King?

Now it looks full, it fell asleep! Haven’t you heard that it’s impolite to fall asleep in a king’s presence?! But it’s okay! I’m a generous king, so I shall forgive your transgressions! Sleep! Everyone shall sleep! This king declares it to be naptime~

…….

What the heck happened here? Why is there two dead goblins with their mouths full of rocks? Also, why is my rapier lodged in one of their heads? Can someone explain what just happened?

"……."

Oh well, no point thinking too much about it. I have a basket of 20 flowers anyway, so let’s go turn in the quest~
    @Nurman

11. Nurman

Reading List:
    Link
    "Oh? Practically unscathed, tucks the brochure away. Welp, here's 100 Small Copper Coins, so 10 Large Copper Coins and 4 guild points."

Fu then proceeds to scribble a few notes in his journal and muttered, "So X dosage intake orally will produce X effect for the duration of... therefore if I were to continue to increase the dosage of... in the breakfast... elf... maybe half a flower next time..."

Fu slowly moves further and further away for the desk...

12. Razogul

Razogul [Flag Raiser][Rald's and Carm's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    Task: Gather up to 3 Deadly Nightshades [Available]
    Requester: @Jack
    Quest rank: E
    Rewards: 3 Large Copper Coins per plant or 10 Large Copper for 3 Plants
    Description: In order to further improve his garden, Jack wishes for a few more plants to to cultivate in it. The requester wishes the flowers properly preserved for replanting, one should also be careful when harvesting them as they're lethal upon consumption.

"Here are the three Deadly Nightshades."
    "So I have to gather three Deadly Nightshades, huh. Well, this will be quite easy," saying this, Raz goes out of the tavern and smiles, "I could practice my water manipulation with the remaining time while I'm out there, a win-win."

After getting out of the city, Raz makes his way to the nearest forest outside and stretches as he walks there.

"Ah, the otherworld has been quite the experience so far. Although in novels, it usually gets quite worse at moments. However, that only happens to those main characters, so I should be fine."

Unbeknownst to him, he doesn't even realize that his wanting to live a normal life has always been forfeit.

Seeing the forest, he goes inside and starts searching inside the forest, making sure to remember the path to get out again. After wandering around for a few hours, he looks to see some of the Deadly Nightshades and smiles.

"Those look like the Deadly Nightshades! The quest told me to take three of them, so let's make sure they're in great condition." Raz makes sure he takes out three of the plants carefully to make sure they are not harmed at all.

After making sure to place them in his brown sack, he looks around the area and decides to find a different place to train. Walking around for about an hour, he finally finds a spot.

"This should do nicely, now, let's begin!"

Gathering his Ki, he starts practicing his manipulation at creating water and finding different applications of using it. Hours pass by, with Raz cultivating after he used up all of his Ki, restoring it and then training again afterward.

Before he even knows it, it turns dark out. He says, "I guess I forgot what time it was due to getting caught up in training. Well, I feel like I gained some progress in my cultivation and skills. I should return to the guild for now with those Deadly Nightshades."

Grabbing his brown sack off of the tree, he goes back to the guild and brings the Deadly Nightshades to the receptionist desk.

"Here are three Deadly Nightshades, I made sure they were not injured during the harvest."
    @Nurman

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    Nurman likes this.
  13. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    ((That particular elf drink the stuff for relaxation though))

AliceShiki and Nurman like this.
  14. Nurman

Reading List:
    Link
    [OOC: and that's why instead of making something that can knock out a human, we'll get something that can knock out a herd of cattles. Please look forward to it when I drop a quest sometime in the future~]

A5G_Reaper likes this.
  15. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    ((That could be lethal dose :sweating_profusely:))

16. Nurman

Reading List:
    Link
    Putting on a pair of gloves to take a closer inspection, Fu was very pleased with the condition of two of the Deadly Nightshades. However what had caught his attention the most was the third one, "A sub-species of the Deadly Nightshade perhaps? The shading is a bit off, smells more sweet than the other two, stem seems to be thicker as well? A mutation perhaps..."

Lost in thought he passed over the 10 Large Copper Coins and 4 guild points then proceeded to head off to look for Gourdy.

Arexio and A5G_Reaper like this.
  17. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    "I'll take it!" He's happy like a kid receiving presents.

Nurman likes this.
  18. Razogul

Razogul [Flag Raiser][Rald's and Carm's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    Task: Gather Batches of Henbane [Solved by @WhitesRabbit48] [Solved by @Otaku108 ] [Taken by @Ejsarv ][Solved by @Haxagen][Taken by @jbturkle][Solved by @Arcturus] [Taken by @Razogul] [Available]
    Requester: Soren, Priest of Lord Ralditorias
    Rewards: 5 Small Copper Coins per flower gathered.
    Description: With the glorious day of our Lord and Savior, Ralditorias, the Unyielding, coming up, we're organizing a festival to be held next week within the town of Nagrand. However, we're lacking in some of our usual holy flowers, so we'd like you to gather some.
    The Henbane is a holy flower that may provide insight to those that know how to use it... Be wary when gathering it though, the unfaithful may be provided with deadly hallucinations should they wish to use it improperly. This Quest can be taken multiple times within the week, though only once per adventurer.

"I'm here with the report."
    "Another quest by the priest, it seems like it's about getting these flowers. Well, let's do this."

Gathering his things, Raz exits the tavern. After walking to the nearby forest, he begins his hunt for the flowers.

Hours pass by, with Raz finding a decent amount of Henbane flowers. Smiling, he decides to start picking some of the flowers.

Done with picking the flowers delicately, he counts that he got 30 Henbane flowers. Looking at the field, he says, "I'll only take a small portion so anybody else can gather these if they must."

Before leaving the forest, Raz stops and decides to go deeper inside the forest and train. Remembering how his enhancing has been going quite well, he practices it with his sword.

Hours pass by, with his cultivation and enhancement seeing some progress. However, due to the many wasted movements in using his sword, he sweats.

"It seems like my swordsmanship could use some work, I should practice more while I still have the time." Deciding this, he starts practicing some more, continuing his training.

Several more hours pass by as Raz pants from exhaustion. He smiles a bit, "Well, it seems like I found some flaws in my swordsmanship, but I still have many flaws I need to fix. I should continue practicing in the future."

Sheathing his sword, he picks up his brown sack with the flowers inside and starts heading back to the guild.

On his way back, he sees a person with a black robe in the forest. Curious, he tries following the person.

However, his attempts fail, due to the speed the person increased during their travel. After a while, he sees a small paper drop from the figure and picks it up.

It looks like high-quality paper from the looks of it and looks at the symbol on it. It was in the shape of a fox, with blood-red writing, seeing this, his eyebrow goes up.

"Weird, I wonder if the guild knows anything about this?" Taking the paper with him, he goes to the guild with the flowers.
    Gathered 30 Henbane.
    Raz practiced his enhancement and swordsmanship, become a little better at both.
    Found some odd person in the forest who dropped a paper with a fox symbol in blood-red writing.
    @Nurman

19. Unreachable Hope

Unreachable Hope Unspecified, Wandering and Doubtful Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Task: Carving Holy Symbols
    Requester: Soren, Priest of Lord Ralditorias
    Rewards: 3 Small Copper Coins per symbol crafted.
    Description: With the glorious day of our Lord and Savior, Ralditorias, the Unyielding, coming up, we're organizing a festival to be held next week within the town of Nagrand. However, we're lacking in personnel to make all the preparations, so we'd like some adventurers to help with making some holy symbols for us.
    The request isn't particularly difficult, you just need to have some basic carpentry skills. We'll provide the design for the symbol and we'll take care of the part of making it Holy once the symbol is crafted.
    This Quest can be taken multiple times within the week, though only once per adventurer.

Carving, concretely, he did not have a lot of experiences with carving, nevertheless, he already graved messages on stones, so according to him, it shouldn't be that bad for him to try carving. There is a different, but overall, on wood, it should be easier.

As he knew where was the Church, Cinis walked toward it, taking the right or left at different crossings. Later he arrived at the church's door and showed his wooden badge along with the quest sheet.
    “You need to go the carpentry beside. There would be the guy providing the materials.”
    The priest pointed towards a building and work it minding much his surroundings, he went ahead and entered the carpentry, quickly meeting with the carpenter who before he could ask anything got shown the quest sheet and his wooden badge.

“I am Cinis, the adventurer who took a quest about craving the holy symbol of Lord Ralditorias, a spiked sword in a circle, right ?”
    Taking the initiative, the half elf said everything he needed to. The carpenter sighed and only nodded, pointing at the pile of materials. Normally, he would ask if he has any experiences with it, nevertheless, considering his attitude. He assumed he already had experience.

Nodding to himself, Cinis thought he would work for ten hours or so. Let's start with the first piece of wood… he took a knife and began to shape the circle first, it was rather quick, as long as he had enough strength, there wouldn't be any issues with carving.
    Ten minutes or so later, he began to carve the massive spike sword. It took him thirty minutes to finish the details.

“Mmm… I think I got it… I should be able to shorten the time needed to make it…”
    The first one was particularly well-made, the second one was made in twenty minutes, but the quality was just decent. It looked like if he took too short time, he will do rather a bad job. He needed to find the middle ground. Thirty minute per wooden symbol, after ten hours, twenty of them would be done. Perhaps… he should work a bit more. Ten hours… let's say twelve hours instead, excluding the break of one hour he will have. Or let’s get back to ten hours and rest for three hours instead.

Five hours later, he began to rest his hands which were feeling quite sore after this working, he had done around ten symbols, these five hours were used for thinking about what he should do next. Not after this quest, but about his family, he felt quite troubled since the very start, as he literally pushed them away from him. For their own good according to him, as long as they see only one person, nobody will act on them.

Knowing how his father's agency was functioning since he worked for him, he knew that as long as they did not had the knowledge of Cinis’ family location, they would never attack, the moment one of them let their guard loose, they might attack. Where were they ? Probably still the the Holy Empire of Men, but for how long was the question.

After a little hour of resting, the half elf went back to the craving, planning to do five more hours of craving, afterwards, he should have done twenty symbols. A bit more than what he originally expected as he never was really talented with this kind of artisanal work.
    Coming back to the guild after a day, Cinis did not want to do more, carving might be interesting but it will not protect him unless he becomes extremely talented which was not his case, or at least, according to him.

"I am back and here is my report."

OOC: To be honest, it feels rather short~

Nahrenne likes this.
  20. Unreachable Hope

Unreachable Hope Unspecified, Wandering and Doubtful Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And oops, forgot to tag @AliceShiki.