LCD Overgeared

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by hanglekuk, Oct 16, 2017.

1. iBakax3

iBakax3 [Baka Ranger]

Reading List:
    Link
    So... whatever Lauel just said is going to be the premise of the author's next novel isn't it?

2. Lirikan

Lirikan [Charming Mollusca] [Cephalopoda Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    So anyone know when the author will release his new book?

3. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The story is amazing over all, you just need to understand the perspective of someone playing that game at the time. The character is fascinating because of his change. He is fun to watch, because it's fine to see how someone of his character reacts when given superior power. And then this interest furthers, when you read of how he reacts when his circumstance is forcefully changed. It's fun to watch a useless character learn what it's like to be powerful, but still lack the experience to control this power, but with time, develops it. It's fun to see why he developed his blacksmithing, and to observer how he subtly matures with time. This can be seen when he creates items, at the start, he acts as though he is a God and tries to great game breaking things off the bat. With time, he learns to understand the system a little more, and understands these game breaking items weren't impossible to make, he simply didn't have the skill not knowledge to create them yet.

People who read this book tend to forget that Grid was interesting because he knew nothing of the game. He isn't weed, he isn't Theodore, he isn't the hero killer. Grid was a noon, but with his hard work, he was able to attain legendary power, and in turn become surrounded by friends with skills he could only dream of. And by being surrounded with such talented people, Grid started to develope. He learned to strategize, to be compassionate, to think for others, to protect. He learned to crave strength, and nurtured a desire to grow from being one of the weakest characters in the game to one that could stand close to his idols in this game. Kraguel at this time, was like a God to grid. With time, he grew to befriend this person, and even gain his idols respect.

NPCS in this game also vary greatly, lower level NPCS will be restricted, while higher level ones have full freedom and could even change the whole story of the game. Their actions aren't predetermined and their personalities unique. This is also why not ever powerful npc, just runs shit, because they live within this world and each have their own perspective on it.
    They are no different from real people, vr isn't an area where one can claim what's real and what's fake anymore, because everything can also be argued in reverse.

This is an excellent story, and the author has a masterful control over the pacing. He is able to create a universe where time is accelerated, without burdening the reader. He is able to make hundreds of characters, their own main character. And he never forgets what he writes, he simply choses how much information we need to have about certain things. This means the story is never boring, and the surprises never end. In fact, the truth is, even though at this point a faint outline of what the end game might look like does exist, because of his writing style, if he persists to write this story for years to come, even that outline can be shattered. This is truly a free world, and there are countless stories that he can tell. It's like D&D. There's a set end goal, but the adventure is ever changing.

This is a good novel, don't judge it early on. Read it. Read all of it. Digest it. When reading it, stop ever 20 chapters, think about what would happen, what could happen, what you want to happen. Then read further. When you've reached where the current novel stands, only then can you give us your opinion of it.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  4. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Although to be fair, im still annoy that grid didnt at least learn the two new moves, flower and the blinding sword, from the clone. Also linked revolve woulda been op

5. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He should have just sent it back to hell. Kept farming it every time it came back.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  6. Shatteredsun

Shatteredsun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems he needs to get to level 400 for those going by the comments from the people who made the game

7. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well remember that it said he needs the stats to support the moves, which happened in the blackening form due to the demons blessing and most likely the clone farming stats. He needs the stats to reinforce the body I assume, maybe so it doesn't shatter from exerting that much force. It would be fair for in game logic, but I assumed that was for the combination skills. Because aren't moves like flower and the blinding sword, whatever it's called, hidden pieces?

I thought that just like how grid got the blessings, the clone in turn also got benefits, he got whatever unlocks those moves. Grid just needs to copy the sword dance, that's all he had to do, like he did with randy for pinnacle.

8. Bryce

Bryce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :facepalm: one person awakens from their daydream of being 'the best' and another takes their place instantly, the idiots!
    Poor haster though, rip his delusions; at least now we get to see zibal somehow get rekt by scrubs he didn't bother to notice before, go get 'em scrubs:blobwhistle:

9. flag9801

flag9801 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Grid let me learn from your soldier and farmer (said by miracle's player)
    Now I am your senpai noob farmer
    (said by another miracle's player)

10. Ectcorray

Ectcorray Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's pretty neat now Overgeared can continue one-upping itself in scale without it feeling like the author is just pulling new powers from deep within his bowels. All of Grid's powers are well-explained and there's always the sense that he could have had more if he played for efficiency.

It doesn't get stale like some other shows/books where the characters randomly become planet-busters just because durability kept scaling. I'm sure Grid'll get there when he fights dragons, but it will feel earned, probably.

That said, the characters are what keep me invested, I reckon. The Grid-Kraugel rivalry is pretty neat and doesn't feel forced. Probably for the best that the author doesn't cram some active romance in somewhere; Irene's not developed enough as a character to really hold a scene anymore and the Overgirls are a little pathetic.

Shield Loyalist and aqua55 like this.
  11. Thousandswords

Thousandswords SWORD OF PENETRATION

Reading List:
    Link
    so, I cought up with the current chapters....and this novel is awesome!!!!

12. Bryce

Bryce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_catflip: :blob_catflip: :blob_catflip:
    grid op
    :blob_catflip: :blob_catflip: :blob_catflip:

13. Concernedcitizen

Concernedcitizen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Grid finally able to say his catch phrase that was cut out from his teaser vid. Good for you, man, good for you.

14. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, the best part was that SA f-ed everyone by saying that the medal thing is not for players only. But they also never say that the demon king is a player and that leads to complications. Also, Yura will lose big time huh? Or unless Grid loans he his items again?

Shield Loyalist and Notaborax like this.
  15. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lose to who? I'm not convinced that Zibal or Chris can beat her.

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  16. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I am sorry, but I am a sucker for Gundam, even if the said robot is only 5 metres tall and operates more like a voltron.

17. Lirikan

Lirikan [Charming Mollusca] [Cephalopoda Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well Yura is also a Legend.They basically evolve every time they clear their class quest.

18. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    So... the reason why Yura making her sad face is because she can't compete with anyone worthy? I am personally cheering for easy wins.

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  19. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    I totally forgot about the knowledge passive and thought that magic imitation was something Demon King exclusive. :blobpats:

Yeah. She realized his daddy gonna reason something like "So what if you won PvP? The real bigshots weren't there, dearie!"

FUFUFUFUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    0000000 likes this.
  20. guigs

guigs Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Her grandpa no?