Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Goods and Services

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by AliceShiki, Feb 9, 2019.

1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    ((Go ahead and post them~))

2. WhitesRabbit48

WhitesRabbit48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Martin’s Miscellaneous Merch

To celebrate the “saintly” receptionist Fu’s benevolence (@Nurman) and his master’s continued existence, Martin has decided to display his first set of goods. He’ll be around for 24 hrs to commemorate this grand occasion. Just mosey on down your favorite sketchy alleyway and I'm sure you'll find him. If not, check the next questionable alleyway. For realz, there are only so many you can choose from.

Available Goods:

-Muddy Stone: Most of the stone is covered in mud, but you swear you can see a glimmer in the places where the mud is thin. 3 large copper

-Old Boot: It’s, well, a boot a bit worn and lonely but still a boot. 1 large copper

-Bronze Dagger: Dagger. Bronze. Nuff said. 65 small copper

**He would also like for me to mention that this is a no-barter shop unless specifically mentioned in the title block or item description.**

((Just lemme know what you’re interested in and it’s yours (as long as you have the coin that is). Thou shalt receive the full description of thy item after purchase. Best of luck!))

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  3. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    "Can I buy the muddy stone I like the smell of it." Tera walks over to the store.

4. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    ((He's hoping for a rare egg.))

Zone Q11 and AliceShiki like this.
  5. WhitesRabbit48

Reading List:
    Link
    *Martin wiggles in response to your request.*

"He says 'Of course! Please enjoy your purchase and come back to visit us soon!'"

"Jeez, how'd I get stuck translating for this rando slime in some back alley. *sigh* I don't even want to know what my mother would say. Probably something along the lines of 'I told you so, Jebb, but you never listen to me do you, Jebb. Noooooo. I told you studying slimibian was no good! But You! Never! Listen! ' Ugh. Why is she always right?"

*mutters the translator under his breath as he hands you the stone*

What seemed like a valuable discovery you are told is just a relatively common blue topaz. Maybe you can make a nice trinket out of it for your significant other? It signifies love and fidelity which might make them happy. Unless you’re a single dog, then my apologies. Thankfully for you (if you're single), though, it’s said to make its wearer more handsome; so maybe it can help do something about that single dog status hehe. Maybe this wasn’t a complete waste of money after all…

MaliMi and SpearOfLies like this.
  6. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    "Yay I can start my new collection of random trash!" Tera flips the 3 large coppers to the slime.

leegood, Arexio, AliceShiki and 2 others like this.
  7. WhitesRabbit48

Reading List:
    Link
    *Martin gives a solemn wobble in response*

"'Of course such a handsome young Struthiomimus would have no need for such a trinket. Best of luck on your collection good sir.' is what he said." comments the translator.

"Have a good day dear customer. I look forward to seeing you again soon!" he adds

"Young? He's a dinosaur. How's he supposed to be young, jeez. What is this slime even saying? Really should have studied business like my mother suggested."

*mutters the translator under his breath after the job is done*

leegood, SpearOfLies and AliceShiki like this.
  8. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    "Call me if you have any strange stones after all they will serve well in my collection!"

WhitesRabbit48 likes this.
  9. WhitesRabbit48

Reading List:
    Link
    *Hoping that Tera hadn't heard his previous comment and feeling slightly embarrassed Jebb responds quickly*

"Of course, sir, of course."

"Shouldn't have said that. Mother always said that if you talk about others you only reflect your own insecurity. I'm not insecure, right? Definitely not. I'm sure I have a bright future ahead of me, Monster Language major or not. I'll prove them all wrong!"

*with a clenched fist and blazing eyes the translator mumbles on*

10. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    Arawn's Wonderful Baked Goodies!
    Here comes psuedo-baker Arawn with his wonderful cart of baked goodies! Having found an ancient book of secret recipes known as "Granny Gene's Book of Recipes", Arawn decided to set up a shop for baked goods. The fact that he was earning practically no money definitely had no effect on his decision. If you ever find yourself in need of sweets, call out his name thrice and he shall appear to sate your needs within 48 hours at some point!

Goods:
    • Granny Gene's Gorgeous Gingerbread-1 Small Copper Coin per piece/1 Large Copper Coin per dozen
    • Chocolate Chip Cookies-1 Small Copper Coin per cookie/ 1 Large Copper Coin per dozen
    • Traditional Apple Pie -3 Small Copper Coins per slice/ 1 Large Copper Coin per whole pie(6 slices)
    • You Fudging Kiddin' Me Fudge- 2 Small Copper Coins per square/ 1 Large Copper Coin per half dozen
    • Über Decadent Brownies-2 Small Copper Coins per piece/1 Large Copper Coin per half dozen
    OOC: @AliceShiki Does this fit?

leegood, Arexio, AliceShiki and 4 others like this.
  11. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    All good, I added you~

12. Arexio

Arexio Blob Fanatic | AG Player

Reading List:
    Link
    Ryul's Schoolyard
    Deeply concerned by the lack of a formal education system (unlike his old place) when he first arrived into the town of Nagrand, Ryul decided to work with the Church of Ralditorias and Head Priest Soren to help educate orphans and poor children in his free time. He managed to borrow a small yard along with some half-broken tables and chairs from the Church for his lectures. The cultist incident has forced Ryul to search for a new location to teach.

Ryul, being the scholar that he is, allows fellow Adventurers to sit in on his lessons. If they found the lesson interesting enough, they can choose to donate coins or books to Ryul.

He understands that this is a charity service and will most likely never turn a profit. Ryul doesn't mind. As a scholar, his pursuit in life is knowledge and sharing said knowledge.

Besides teaching letters and numbers to the kids, he teaches out of the 3 books that he brought with him here:
    • 'Basic Etiquette for the Young Noble'
    Ryul has also acquired other books during his time here and will now incorporate them into his lessons.

Class Schedule:

OOC: @AliceShiki

*If you'd like to make a donation, please feel free to reply IC, tag me/anybody involved and mention the amount you're donating.
    **Ryul also accepts guest lecturers. Please contact him (PM me) if you are interested in helping to teach the children (Side Story collaboration), so he can work it into his lessons.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I loved it! Added to the list! ^^)/

Arexio likes this.
  14. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    [OOC: I'm just not sure why he'd be appalled about there being no formalized educational schools, when there are no formalized public schools, particularly on Magic. But otherwise seems pretty good]

AliceShiki and Arexio like this.
  15. Arexio

Reading List:
    Link
    ((You're right, he really shouldn't be because most towns are like this. It's only because his former Lord from the Empire had a population with high literacy and his new calling as a Scholar that he felt so shocked at first.))

16. Hirame

Hirame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: You can be appalled by lack of education in EVERY town you pass by. It just means you are appalled often.

Zone Q11 and Arexio like this.
  17. Arexio

Reading List:
    Link
    "Oh look it's Arawn! How're you doing today, man?"

Ryul glances over the sweets, taking a big whiff of them as he does so, his eyes gleaming.

"Ah, do you think I could possibly get a dozen of your Gingerbreads?" He starts to grin.

"Oh and a dozen of your Chocolate Chips too?" He adds on quite eagerly.

AliceShiki and leegood like this.
  18. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    "Hey, Ryul!" Arawn greets Ryul energetically, glad to have his first customer.

"A dozen gingerbread and a dozen cookies, is it? That'll be 2 Large Copper Coins. Enjoy!"

Arawn smiles as he hands over two wrapped packages.

AliceShiki and Arexio like this.
  19. Arexio

Reading List:
    Link
    Ryul quickly hands over the 2 Large Coppers.

"I definitely will do so. The children will as well." He says as he sneaks a hand into one of the packages, already grabbing a gingerbread cookie for himself.

"I've got a couple more things to do, but I'll see you later!" Ryul departs, somehow already munching on his second cookie.

AliceShiki likes this.
  20. Arexio

Reading List:
    Link
    *Cough*, *Cough*

Clearing his throat, Ryul asks, "Is everybody ready to learn?"

The half-elf takes note of the crowd of children: a few street kids, some of the resident orphans at the Church, but most were from the rundown orphanage nearby.

Speaking of said orphanage, Ryul remembers picking the kids up to bring to the Church. The place looked like it was recently renovated, but it was such slipshod work that he questioned whether someone actually got paid for it or not. Oh well, not his problem.

One of the orphanage girls - Nina? - asks, "Is Miss Aria not coming today?"

Ryul smiles apologetically, "She's working right now. She'll come next time to play." Nina is downcast but that quickly changes.

"Everyone, today I stopped at the market and bought some sweets." He says while passing out almost all of his cookies, breaking them in half so that there are enough to go around.

The children practically explode in excitement, many never having had such a luxury before. It takes a while to calm them back down and lead them through a short prayer to The Unyielding Lord, thanking him for today's learnings, as he had promised he would do to Head Priest Soren.

Ryul holds up his book 'Foundations of Magic' and tells them they'll be learning a bit of the basics of magic today. Open-mouthed and wide-eyed, the kiddos were speechless. Which child doesn't want to learn about wizards and witchcraft and whatnot, secretly wishing to be a mage?

"The world is made up of Primal Energies and Secondary Energies." He introduces.

Ryul further explains how Mana is the most ubiquitous Primal Energy, elaborating on how it is not only in all types of spells cast by magic professions, but also how it, along with Life Force, crystallizes in Dungeons to help form Monsters. It is necessary in Alchemy to create potions, in Enchanting for making magic weapons, and many other fields.

He touches on the other Primal Energies, Spiritual Energy (Spirit), how it is basically created from the soul, and Life Force, the physical energy innate to the body itself.

"Secondary Energies are made up of at least 2 Primal Energies. For example, Ki is composed of Spirit and Life Force, while Elemental Energy is Spirit combined with Mana." He continues on for a little longer.

After quite some time, Ryul knows he has lost the children. They've never had to sit in one place and listen for so long before. He sighs to himself, 'Hah, I guess it's time for Plan B.'

He loudly claps twice to wake some of them up, "Alright, let's learn about Elemental Energy through a more hands-on approach!"

Many are confused and baffled, but he ignores them. He puts his book down onto the table, steps further away, raises his hands, and begins to chant at a very fast speed.

Much of his mana is condensed to create the large Magical Circle next to him, while his spiritual energy is working hard to cross to the Elemental Planes. Exhausted and drained, the two energies eventually fuse and his spell [Summon Elemental] is finally completed.

In a blinding burst of light, his contracted Elemental of Nature makes a dazzling entrance. Making eye contact, the half-elf catches his green glowing partner up to speed, silently communicating the situation.

The Elemental scoffs after hearing it all. The children are frozen in shock, flabbergasted by the otherworldly wonder in front of their eyes.

Ryul introduces, "This is Th'Kun, my brother-in-arms. He is an Elemental of Nature. He is almost at the intermediate level and is currently working hard with me to get to that strength. Please welcome him!"

The kids break out of their dazed spell and begin to both cheer and clap, wildly and crazily. It goes up another two notches when Th'Kun decides to simultaneously entertain himself and indulge them by releasing a growth aura spell into the yard; ankle-high grass began to slowly spread outwards while pockets of flowers continue to spring up here and there, releasing the sweet smells of nature into the air.

Th'Kun was completely spent. He definitely could not be casting any more magic during this summoning. Ryul shook his head at the Elemental's unnecessary showmanship.

The school lesson has essentially turned into one big play session with the kiddos running around everywhere, rolling in the grass and flowers, and giggling with pure joy and happiness.

Ryul smiles widely. "Well, not a bad first day at all." Then he turns to Th'kun, "Shall we join them?"

The Elemental scoffs again, yet doesn't refuse and somehow ends up being "it" in a big game of tag.

And for once, the future looks like it might just be full of hope.

OOC: Reminder, Ryul accepts donations if you decided to sit in and enjoyed the lesson. If not, you still got a sweet story, so everybody wins. :blobsmilehappy:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019