LCD Overgeared

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by hanglekuk, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Shatteredsun

Shatteredsun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wonder what the story will focus on next, maybe the vampires again

2. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Was it? I can't really remember much of small fries who appeared out ot the blue. :blobpats::blobpats:

3. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Brain lapse, someone probably mentioned it, but Pagma's dance moves are Grid's signature, how SA gonna blanko it with whatever special effects?

4. Ectcorray

Ectcorray Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, his dances got cut in half, so it'd at least be easier to hide them if they did have something in mind.

I don't see grid learning all-new activation methods for each of his moves, though. Maybe Morpheus is smart enough to anticipate what he's doing in the next 0.X seconds and changes it? Like, he says "Link," but Morpheus translates it into "Not Link." Maybe he can do the same with movements.

5. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Not when Kraugel is there sticking shealths just to block Grid's steps:
    1. Morpheus did not change the movement (just sort of handwave), Grid's moves still gets blocked and people slowly find out that the Demon King is dancing like Grid, leading to 2 conclusions, Grid's AI or (very unlikely) Grid.
    2. Morpheus changed Grid's dance moves, leading to unfairness (?) as Kraugel can no longer cockblock Grid, which means that the Super AI is a cheat as it fundamentally changed a skill's start up. Though no one will notice.

6. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    Hoh. Will our dense protagonist finally hear the plight of our damsel and save her from the cruel blood that ties her down?

We'll see next in....Overgeared!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    flag9801 likes this.
  7. Bryce

Bryce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They did say that he'll be covered in cosmetic changes for his character and skill appearances, why wouldn't his sword dance(skill activation condition) not be changed to something else

8. Lirikan

Lirikan [Charming Mollusca] [Cephalopoda Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't it gonna be a problem? Grid used the sword dance to evade attack if it's changed wouldn't it disturb his rhythm?
    Unless everything is covered with curtain of illusion.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  9. Bryce

Bryce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    worst case scenario the AI would just simultaneously be operating 2 instances of the demon king fight, 1 for grid and the other for the rest of the players and somehow synchronizing both of them

besides, he probably would be outed at some point, either by kraugel or some other person close to him; or by the medal score being added to south korea's count at the very end >.>

10. Shatteredsun

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel bad yura lost and pretty much offscreen too also isn’t that gundam to op

11. Lirikan

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah pretty OP then meet either Grid,Kraugel, or Agnus in the middle of the night.

12. Bryce

Bryce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.wuxiaworld.com/post/overgeared/overgeared-chapters-delay
    Expect all of next week's 5 chapters + this week's one chapter to be uploaded on a single day

one part of me is happy i get to binge read probably quite a bit of the demon king event
    another part of me (the addict, most probably) is crying
    excuse me while i drown my sorrows by reading yet another novel :blob_teary:

d4saken and flag9801 like this.
  13. Shatteredsun

Reading List:
    Link
    All three are legendary and the top 3 players on the other hand punching bag is now op

14. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    All three are most likely few levels lower than Zibal but they can definitely defeat him easy like a boss raid. LOL

To be honest I still can't understand why other players aren't attracted or don't get quests that can give them extra skills that they could use. Instead they focus in level, level, level, level.

Why other players do not understand yet that skills are the reason why Grid can flip a situation?

15. Lirikan

Reading List:
    Link
    That kind of quest is really rare other than class specific quest so maybe they think that without changing their class they can't get stronger other than leveling up and get better equipment.

16. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh ya, why doesn't grid just buy some more skills maybe related to hammers and swords like he got on the archlagio islands

17. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think we can call it 'rare' in this case as Satisfy is a free world.

It surely has it's 'main scenario' quests but as we've seen with that OP Eastern hermit dude, quests can be made on the fly. It's up to choices, how you act in a situation and the degree of difficulty needed to reward a skill. We've seen Euphemina do it. We've seen Grid do it. We've seen Huroi do it.

So why can't these so-called veteran gamers do it? They can't do what a woman and a tribal person (who don't have gaming background) did?

Beren Archipelago is a different thing. It's a main scenario comprised of sub scenarios. The rewards may change but there's not much flexibility with the 'quests' themselves.

18. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't that dude special because he's one of the NPCs that can create quests on the fly? I think other players do look for quests that give them skills. We've seen a number of them improve over the years. The question is how useful are the skills they get. Odds are they're just not that worth mentioning in comparison to what Grid gets.

19. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    That part is simply to make a point that it is possible to make new quests while the game is running in comparison to the current existing games where the quests comes from the devs.

20. Lirikan

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't the quest come from the super computer morpheus?