Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    I seriously doubt a mind wipe will still prevent them from being brainwashed but more like help the brainwashing even further and become more susceptible to Brainless' and co's 'suggestions'.

This is where they practically ignore the hypocrisy that the Bravers had committed. Itchy feeling Narumi will be seeing Mei in Lambda and ends up breaking free from the brainwashing (which is mentally brutally stressful as it'll flood the person's mind and forces them to remember everything) and her hearing from Van who he is and how he knew Mei being a natural death mage and that'll prob be the last string for her mentally to be broken. Curious how Amemiya will take this, I can speculate one of two things at the moment:

1. He'll believe Mei is still in Origin and Van is lying but cautious as to why he knows Mei and Origin

2. He believes the Mei in front of him is real and learns the truth and also understands what he has done was just being a hypocritical move that killed one of their own, but whether he accepts his crime and punishment or says the 'needs of the many are greater than the needs of the few' and says his actions are justifiable (which will ironically bite him in the ass).

Never ceases to amaze me how blindsided the 'Bravers' are, they think they can do great for the masses and still be full of themselves. I'm hoping Van doesn't care much for vengeance but still offs a few of them to understand their positions for once.

(side note, I believe some greater god is also using Van as a tool in this case against Puny God as he quite a few enemies and doesn't care much for them.)

Edit: I hope Van 'invades' Origin to kick a few folks back in their place, Bravers/Origin's leadership/Avalon getting a little rambunctious and arrogant/ignorant to their actions.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    Bla8bla, ssj4maiko and mai.rain like this.
  2. mai.rain

mai.rain Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    depends on where they are born if they are born in the satellite countries of Amid or in the kingdom its possible that they will grow up to worship other gods then Alda, but if they are born into the church state of Alda then yeah they're screwed

3. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why I said they're going to be susceptible to the suggestions, not much else where than Amid Empire/Satellite states to send them at the point of the brainwashing, sending them to Orbaume isn't a great idea as some folks are siding with Van at the moment, plus we have Kanako's concerts every now (ways of breaking the mental subjugation and siding with Vida basically).

Bla8bla and mai.rain like this.
  4. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My theory is that either the 2 gods who created Lambda by fighting to their deaths still exists in some form and are manipulating things to heal the stagnant world, or there is a being who created them and is pulling strings, either way it is from the shadows with them starting chains of events to get the job done.

Either that or (some of) the gods Big G offed have been replaced by someone that took up their divinity and is currently working from the shadows for fear of Alda's insanity, with the final replacement being the kid of a certain dragon and damphir.... once he grows up.

hillo315, Bla8bla and Reman Scimitar like this.
  5. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Also in same department as well as believe they're not dead-dead (more like severely/critically injured and barely healing atm).

If they don't get eaten by the two first, or Alda uses stakes of law on them (hardest work-arounds ever lmao)

6. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me add one of Rod's earliest plans: Taking Hostage. He was going to do that with Eight Guidance, but lost to Zuruwarn and Ricklent.

If Narumi dies, he can take her hostage to force Amemiya to work. Sure she is a potential soldier too, but if it forces Amemiya to work, it's better to keep her on Rod's side and get Amemiya's full cooperation, rather than turning them into soldiers and losing his motivation.

Let's remember a few things. From Kanako's story, she was forced out of her life and into Bravers by Amemiya, according to him, people were already suspicious she had a weird ability, such suspicion may have been triggered by Amemiya revealing to the world about his and the others existence.

But why did Amemiya started Bravers? My idea is quite simple and I already played with it before: For his own protection. Amemiya is too strong, I don't remember where it was mentioned, but when discussing it with others, Sebas said "Ignore Defense" is a passive ability and can't be turned off (Sebas is a walking wiki, I trust him more than the wikia, if it's in a translated chapter, he knows it), and in Origin, that means everything has paper defense: He throws a small fireball, it will penetrate all buildings on the way and not stop until Amemiya extinguishes the fireball himself, should also penetrate even the sea, with a fireball, yeah, if a person is on the way they will have a new hole on their body. If he is to be buried alive, he can just use any magic and open a new hole. That's how powerful he is.

By having everyone around him, he won't have to deal with others, and be forced to kill because he is unable to deactivate that. He needs to control his temperament, he is not allowed to get angry and casually kill someone.

Bravers is a shield to Amemiya, everyone is his shield, but forcing everyone into a similar situation as him, he accidentally got everyone as easier targets. And to show the world that they can help, he decided to play super hero, because he can do all that, he may have thought the others would be able to do it too, but in the end, his ideas were shallow, on their first mission, they killed the undead who saved other victims, then, in a way to save the victims, he left them to other people who also experimented on them, but he didn't took the responsibility of his actions seriously.

Then we had the case of Metamorph and Gungnir, they never checked for problems inside their team.

Then Eight Guidance was born, all those scientists were killed by them, they made anti-braver propaganda too, they got some Bravers to betray the main team and even started an indirect proxy war (which were actually Avalon's experiments), and then finally, their location was found out, but all was in their plans, and they killed many Bravers, and almost killed Narumi too.

From all that, Amemiya learned the consequences of his actions, because now many people died. His friend Oracle had his house explode in a suicidal method. Mao was killed during transport and almost took everyone else with her. Others died, and then Murakami's group got to survive by showing they were with the government and against him, and Amemiya could do nothing besides letting them go or triggering war against the entire word.

Amemiya is the opposite of Heinz, Amemiya had everything and decided to play with it, now he is losing everything. Heinz was a nobody who only had Alda's religion, he worked his way to the top, and is following Alda's path, the problem however is that his mind is unable to find faults in Alda, and can only think of them as "Works in mysterious ways" or "We are only mortals that can't understand gods", so he follows them blindly.

Szmiiit, hillo315, Nakakure and 3 others like this.
  7. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Wouldn't have worked in the end anyways, he shown the 'lump of flesh' he had no recollection of the children he originally saved since he had little time with them (not until later on anyways when they told him of Origin and the lab and the actions the 'Bravers' had been given).

Not just IF, but also WHEN. Origin is already dicey. Narumi would be quite effective against Van as everyone would think he might have some deep feeling for Narumi since he tried to save her (me thinking through their minds, or an attempt so atleast).

Why do you think I said blindsided? Everyone had their own agendas from the get-go. And the irony, everything has a cost and both Amemiya and Heinz had ignored it to an extent until it shown itself (like you stated, Amemiya lost everything and Heinz is gaining but also bout to lose it all as he's ignoring his surroundings as well).

8. Nimitz

Nimitz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe that it was mention in a early summary chapter that Amemiya was a NEET. Just got kick out of his parents place. Most likely he light novels and manga, being a NEET and all. So I think being reincarnated as an OP main character, or at least from his point of view, he decided to be a OP main character. I mean of course you are going to start a super power team, it's in the books. It has been stated that Bravers are not really growing or changing mentally much do to the fact that they don't have to, with Puny divine protection. Things just work out some how. And Amemiya has the strongest plot armor. On Origin Puny have everyone in his system. Lambda not so much, I doubt it would work as well.

Amemiya is aware that he is making mistakes but only some what. Mostly undead and 8th. From side chapter 20
    I just ended up making the same mistake as I did with the Undead…

Both Ameniya and Heinz are making mistakes while try to make the world a better place in what they see and how they see it. Ameniya doesn't fundamentally questioned what he is doing. He explains it away. ( he was already an undead and so forth). Heinz went from not questioning things to "I'll face God and ask him myself!". Basically Ameniya was given power and playing superhero. Heinz trying to be a hero so work for power.

Korleone, hillo315, Bla8bla and 3 others like this.
  9. mai.rain

mai.rain Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    we know the divine destiny is less effective in lambda as mage masher Asagi got his arse handed to him multiple times when he tied to fight a strong monster, or have his own views obeyed by others, making him change slightly from when he was on origin

10. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    On the internet it's generally better to try to be clear and unambiguous, I'd say. For multiple reasons - what's obvious to the writer is not necessarily obvious to the reader, the possibility of non-native speakers, etc. Of course, there's no need to take this to extremes either...

In the latest chapter, it was specifically stated in the narration that Kanako had no obligation to repay Van in any shape or form. He was already getting a "return on his investment" as it were. I can't remember if they had specifically discussed it but that was always how it was presented IIRC.

PS Random thought I had: ghouls and vampires are both living species who are influenced by Death Attribute Charm and so on. In other words, they're closely associated with the death attribute itself. While we don't know the full mechanics around gaining the death attribute, perhaps any children between Van and either ghouls or vampires would have a much higher chance of naturally having the death attribute...?

Only one way to find out - practical experiments! :blob_grin:

Over to you, Van and Zadiris! For science! :aww:

Leekt222, Mesaphrom, hillo315 and 8 others like this.
  11. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Remember both ghouls and vampires are children to Vida and undead/living dead Zakkart, and if we use Mei as an example, they need to be induced in DA first on first notice of conception (that is if they don't get a race change in process lmao).

jubjub3000 likes this.
  12. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. Though I think there needs to be some way for someone to get the death attribute "naturally". After all, how did the old demon king get it originally? We can speculate, but there's still things we don't know. So we need to collect more data.

So anyway... how many kids do you think Van needs to make before we can conclude that the death attribute can't simply be inherited?

hillo315, Nakakure, Bla8bla and 2 others like this.
  13. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Wouldn't be surprised if Guduranis didn't get DA through normal means either (might not even be natural to any world to start with), for now only Mei is a natural-born DA user (Van is a more complicated issue that we all know thanks to the four soul frags being garbled into one, leaving cracks to fall in and fill up parts here and there).

Possibly (personal assumption) Van's first kids if they don't change much, Bakunawa is a prime example as a soul-devouring demigod of a dragon, and we all know some form of soul destruction magic (soul devour, soul break as well as the divine break and devour) are under the death attribute system, also a bit of a personal opinion, the children might be similar in the case of the 8th Guidance (not a full DA but a part of it being encoded into their very being).

Edit: Left this bit out by accident, if Mei grows up and says she wants to marry Van (would be stoked in this case), I hope she and Van's kid will be the first truly born DA user (no alterations, pure human between two DA users with DA powers and no outside intervention like Pluto or some god).

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  14. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think their possible future kids should be similar to slendermen.

15. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    N+1. One try for that Eureka! moment, and N tries just for SCIENCE!!!

Now assume that N is arbitrarily large... :blobhyperthink:

Nah. Their kid is totally going to be the goat from Goat Simulator.
    • Its tongue can stretch to absurd lengths.
    • It is virtually unnoticeable until it interacts with someone.
    • Humans who notice it act like they've seen Zalgo.
    • Its headbutts are its way of saying hello, and it has no idea this is weird.
    • Its bleats are adorkable.
    It's totally like Van, right?

jemini, jubjub3000 and sirin423 like this.
  16. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I the only one who thinks matters within Lambda will be done before going to Origin or at least done being prepped for the second AV war/second DDW (different dimension war)?

Curious for two reasons:
    1. Alda will always be a threat to Van until he is dealt with... properly.

2. Hypocrites/bravers aren't going anywhere atm and even a few have received Van's DP (followed by psychological appointments), unless Avalon and co rush things or Avalon follows through on Puny God's decision to ramp things up (which in either case will be hilarious as it'll prob speed up Van's 'visit' in turn, bit of an assumption if he does go back to Origin also)

jubjub3000 likes this.
  17. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    Link to my previous summary of the chapter: https://forum.novelupdates.com/posts/4773498/

So, I casually was doing some stuff and noticed that there was a revision on the chapter, basically, because part of the Rodcorte scene was the same as another previous chapter, he changed most of it. From my previous summary, this is the content that is out.
    Certainly, the content where the angels talk about Kanako could have remained... The part about he recognizing Kanako as a guider though is the same as Side Story 44.

So, about the new content:
    Rod evaluates both Peria and Botin joining Vida as the realization of a bad premonition, he is worried because now Alda is isolated, while Van's side got stronger. He also wonders why they joined Vida, Botin should have been sealed, but what about Peria? She should be sleeping to recover her power just like Zuruwarn and Ricklent, but considering that those two have been awaken for some time already, why would she be faking sleep?

Alda has Bellwood, but from what he heard, Bellwood is not on his best conditions, but Alda will most likely do something about that anyway.

Rodcorte doesn't trust the humans in Lambda, and Alda doesn't trust the reincarnators, and both don't trust each other to boot.

So back to the problem, Kanako is now just as big of a problem as Van, she must be killed. One of the angels ask him if he is gonna send Asagi a message "Kill Kanako!", but Rod knows they are too weak for anything really, so he starts to count numbers to calm down, and decides that he should just leave Botin and Peria's problem to Alda. And considering Kanako's Guidance is not battle focused, this shouldn't be much of a difference to Alda. [Flag still triggered!]

-----------------------
    About the upcoming battle, let's remember there is still an automatic undead maker in that territory. I wondered why the battle still happened, since Duke Alcrem should have warned Van about the attack as he said he would, but considering the possibility of getting new troops, I guess Van just let it continue normally. Then he will have excuses later on to visit new places.

Korleone, Bla8bla, jubjub3000 and 5 others like this.
  18. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn Orwellian retcons...

FTFY

Peria needed sleeper agents on spying on Alda, obviously. Only Rodcorte, the polar opposite of a rational people person, would not realize this. :facepalm:

Has Alda noticed that Bellwood is technically unharmed? Because he only seems to have noticed that Bellwood is simply not his usual motivated self. For all Alda knows, Bellwood could be negatively affected by some powerful curse or other divine sorcery.

I don't need to hit the history books to know this can't end well.

Kind of strange that Alda doesn't trust the reincarnators, though. They're set up to be reborn deep in Alda's territory, and will get their memories back only after living in that religious environment for a few years.

:blobxd:

At least Rodcorte learns from some of his mistakes. Sometimes. When it's too late.

And the Demon King familiars, if those have been placed already. Those could do loads more damage than the perpetual undead-making machine.

I'm a bit confused. What are Van's current plans for Sauron, exactly?

Bla8bla, jubjub3000, Claus and 2 others like this.
  19. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    He should be aware of everything that happened with Bellwood, and knows there was no one around to use curses on him besides Jyarodeeps, who can't use curses.

Van is a reincarnator and he knows it, there has been no info about this, but he may have realized old Kanata was one too, and look at what happened. Then we got Fittun who took control of one, and maybe he also saw the other 3 that died against Van as reincarnators. He also most likely has seen Kanako, Melissa and Doug from his believers in Moksi, but it's impossible for Rodcorte to reincarante them as another race, so Alda may not have considered the usual rituals.

So basically, he has many reasons to dislike reincarnators right now. He should have more reasons once he finds out there are other 5 with Van.

No plans right now, school is more important, I guess. But his desire overall is to get a good relationship with Orbaume so he can open Talosheim, so my guess is that he would like to fix things with Sauron and Hartner, even if he has to resort to a show of power and threatening of the lords.

20. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    does he know Jyarodeeps can't use curses? he didn't know nor realise that he is now a god of lamda.

jubjub3000, Claus and hillo315 like this.