Question ATG: Why Xia Qingyue is such unpopular?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Fpppp, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Fpppp

Fpppp Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw ATG wikia lady polls
    Jasmine > Mu Xuanyin > Chu Yuechan > Cang Yue > Xia Qingyue
    I thought XQY is the leading female...

2. valzione

valzione Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because leading girl isn't always best girl for these hipsters.

Also because she was the stereotype power steroid for mc but became irrelevant after if I remember ATG right from when I dropped it.

3. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1) Kuudere's aren't cool anymore.
    2) You poor folk still spending time on ATG don't care for NTR'd brides.
    3) Jasmine: Bloody loli waifus for the win.

Sabruness likes this.
  4. Werighf

Werighf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh in this novel most girls are zero personality and they trust YC without any reasons wtf
    only jasmine, MX and XQ has their independent

5. Goodhtlorr

Goodhtlorr Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For 2, Ntr isnt the main reason, you can watch the anime Nozomu Eien, the heroine slept with another guy when the male lead made her heart broken, but she still more popular than any character in this show because she is really good write
    just XQ isnt a good write character

6. shinobimike22

shinobimike22 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    she's the leading heroine of MC and apparently Antagonist's too. lol

7. Bai Xiaochun

Bai Xiaochun Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because she is not interesting as other females, i find her character is very blanking and boring even she wants has ambition that is good, but she never do something useful, her acting like no brain

Eternal Harem King and Sabruness like this.
  8. Funelas

Funelas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Xia Qingyue is the main girl, but she's not really well written, or even much of a character. Hell, she functions much the same as Generic Harem Girl A, the Kuudere, most of the time. Though this is ATG so they're all like that except a handful (from the top of my head, just Jasmine, though this changes later on in the story where she becomes Generic Harem Girl B, the Violent Tsundere).

Can someone remind me of who Mu Xuanyin is?

Eternal Harem King likes this.
  9. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    Because she is awful? Why readers and Mars claimed that she is female main lead is still a mystery for me. I will always claim that this spot belongs to Jasmine. XQ is practically a robot. Ice beauties are OK overall, but CYC in those few chapters she appeared did way more than XQ throughout entire novel. As FML she had less screen time than any other harem member in atg. Heck, she has less personality than secondary female characters that are not in even part of the harem. Not only that, but YC himself confirmed that there are practically no feelings for her at all.
    To make matters worse, the plot she was related to was terrible so far. If you literally deleted her out of the story, the plot would get better. Just look at the recent wedding arc. For hundreds of chapters we were teased about incoming NTR, then we get that nonsense. No matter how you look at it, it is awful. Even if you ignore that she nearly got married to her stepfather, she practically helped her father to be NTRed....

10. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
    Author got brain fart!

11. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're referencing a japanese anime based on a deep-beta eroge which had the MC literally unable to do anything without a harem girl guiding him, to compare to a chinese webnovel early chapter FL? Congrats, most of china wants to kill you now. : )

Meh. She was the first written, and literally had 'marries the MC' in her character bio, so of course she's the FL. At least until she gets sacrificed to the gods of plot angst. Which she seems to have. I actually don't know, as I dropped ATG after the first wedding got crashed.

Sabruness likes this.
  12. Goodhtlorr

Goodhtlorr Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Part of CN male lead are beta and naive as well, for example some of TJSS novels(especially TJSS's wine god), the only problem is in ATG YC is absolute MC, most other characters are acting like a plot tool

13. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    They didn't consider XQY as the one that first accepted YC eventhough it is an arranged marriage, protecting him in his early stage. Do not mention that she cultivate that ice-thing so her heart become cold and indifferent.
    While YC banged women left and right without considering XQY feeling, I know he got her consent to make harem but it is indeed a weakness he exploited just because he is lecherous bastard.
    Nah man, XQY got no screentime with every new women Mars added.
    I agree that what these retard readers want is a woman that will open her legs everytime they meet YC, not some independent woman whose have another goals beside banged by YC

Sorrowseer likes this.
  14. Sorrowseer

Sorrowseer Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Speaking of which I hope I can get a sooiler from someone, has Yun Che and Xia Qingyue... done 'it' yet?

15. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    your arguments, while they have a small portion of truth to them, are overblown and rely mainly on insulting ATG readers it seems. you even call them retards. XQY didnt actually give a shit about the marriage, and the cultivation art is just a convenient copout.

It feels like XQY was originally written to be a semi-throwaway non-romantic character but i guess Mars decided to have her as the first girl during a brainfart while writing. Honestly, i think she's only there to be a point of drama and stupidity for the plot. How else do you explain all the idiocy regarding her, her mother, the moon dipshit etc in this latest/recent arc?

As someone also said up the thread, super ice cold kuuderes arent popular anymore. I'm of the opinion that Jasmine and Mu Xianyin are are the top because they dont feel like one-dimensional stereotype tropes. They've got fire and feistyness to them (at least from what i remember) which sets them out.

otaku31 likes this.
  16. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    Mu Xuanyin isn't 1D ?
    holy shit, what can she offer YC beside being a dual-cultivation partner and her big bewbs?
    Her personality is even shittier than XQY if you don't count the bipolar aspect, which is honestly not better with her another personality being a seductress
    I still support Jasmine, that even turn into some idiot after knowing what this protagonist has done for 1K chapters.