Discussion How would you survive

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Okuri Ookami, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm bored, and when I'm bored I like to throw out hypotheticals!!! So you know why not do it now.

So lets say you are pulled into another world like in Shrouding the heaven and or Killing Grounds of Gods and demons and to a lesser extent Shadow Hack (when they visit Prime Earth).

KGGD isn't translated anymore and I don't know the Status of STH so I will leave SH in there as a filler for those needing an current day example.

If that were to happen what would you do to insure your survival? You have one ability (something a reader would think wasn't OP). Your ability starts at the lowest level and grows overtime but you are in a unfamiliar environment with unknown dangers. How do you use your otherworld knowledge and current abilities to survive? There are other people who have traveled from your world along with you. You aren't exactly close to them but they are familiar faces. You have lost a few members to attacks already and the tension of the group is high. You have no idea if their is a settlement around you but there have been signs of sentient life in the area do to carvings, man made ruins, etc...

For those unfamiliar with the examples of KGGD and STH, its essentially isekai without OP power up. You are dragged with your normal human body into a different world in which you may gain new abilities but are still subject to hazards of wilderness and need for survival. THIS IS NOT AN ISEKAI NOVEL, there would be no op cheat that allows even an novice to survive.

I'll be really sad if no one replies:(... I mean if I remember to check here :ROFLMAO:

Man KGGD was such a good novel @Qidian needs to translate it!! Such a huge fan base and no one has tapped into it yet

2. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    How is that not isekai? Isekai only implies being transported to another world and not gaining op powers and being transported to another world.

strayCat0 likes this.
  3. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    I sure I either die on the first day or during food salvaging

4. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd fap til i drop.

userunfriendly and strayCat0 like this.
  5. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    ...OP power that is not OP from start? Any system related power (except Mech Touch, Van's a masochist) is OP from the very start.

6. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    simple, chose according to talent
    lone wolf talent (anytype that usually associate with rogue class or berserk class)
    go at it alone, leave the crowd, hunt from dawn to noon, rest from noon to nightfall, relocate during night
    buff type talent (abilities that only work with a group, paladin auras, priest healing, etc)
    form a group a make yourself a leader from charisma or support some strength/tank type in the leader position, build base, pray for no mob rush
    Dps type talent (warriors or mage)
    join the group don't dream of leadership
    craft type talent
    you dead boy, that or slavery

and yes ressurect KGGD

7. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    I meant not as in a standard Isekai Japanese manga / novel where op power ups prevail and even the densest of protagonist survive.

A hell of a way to go but you'd die of dehydration before an animal would eat your cum covered body lol

Never said an OP power a normal ability that can gradually become OP is alright but nothing that can be considered OP from the start

I don't know if I agree with this. Most people in a group setting in an unknown environment wont position themselves in a way that could just benefit a group. They'd want to stick with a group but not actually be solely reliant on it. Humans tend to leave themselves a way out. You seem to be thinking RPG when if it was real life no one would have that kind of coordination.

Sorry when I read charisma I was wondering what kind of ability would be useful with that and all I could think of was things related to xxx

8. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Unlike others, i'll be honest, I will die a pigs death.

9. DocB

Reading List:
    Link
    charisma, i mean great inspirational speechs about stick together and mournig those dead

10. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    I can almost guarantee I would as well... That's why I included powers lol I'd rather have avoided it but how many of us actually know anything related to wilderness survival especially throwing in monsters and unknown environments. I mean I can't recognize an edible flower on the ground here on earth let alone on another world

True, there are people like that.

11. DocB

Reading List:
    Link
    it's easy, most flower aren't edible, you have better luck eating their roots, the thicker the roots the better
    tree bark is also a good option, and any insect/larve that the bark may have is just a bonus

12. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Well that's better than my fall back which would be, find a small animal or plant eater see what its eating take a small bit to eat wait see if the body reacts... Not a fool proof plan but that's all I had up my sleeves lol. You just gave me taught me something new.

13. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    What would powers do for us? How many of us are used to pain? We would go crying to our mother if our pinky hit the corner of a table let alone having a sword or tooth impale our stomach.

And yes, everything from plants to even the laws of physics would be different.

OP powers are the only way to survive and even then it isn't a guarantee.

14. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The ability of an Electromaster from a certain scientific railgun even if it is a level 1 psychic ability it is very useful.

As I can create spark to light fire and stun people in close combat fight or other way by generating an electric current around my hand or conductive weapon.

Once it grows strong enough to be electromagnetism of the fundementals forces I can disintergrate basically anything with a snap of finger by undoing every chemical bond in that individuals body. Lightning in many story is also one of the elements capable of hurting spiritual enemies and so I would not fear fighting ghost.

Plus once I become strong enough I can basically have a 360 degree vision like Mikoto misaka by sensing the all electrostatic current in the environment.

Which is great if I were to be blinded by something and also I can one day fly as well.

15. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    For an ability, I'd choose a passive intelligence increase. Just something to increase mental processing speed and memory. I underwent a fair amount of survival training in boy scouts, so I could make a hidden camp pretty easily, and rely on muscle heads to fight monsters.

16. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    Some kinda Information network. Like a "Perfect" Examine skill, or a Internet type deal. Possibly linked to the Brain so you can automatically pull anything up and increase in your Intelligence.
    Knowledge is Power isn't just a neat saying, its literal; 9/10 times what kills someone in a survival situation is nothing more than a Lack of knowledge.

GonZ555 and UnGrave like this.
  17. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Imagine if we got a group of people like you and I... No inherent combatants at all.

Osamaru likes this.
  18. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    We would take over the world!

UnGrave likes this.
  19. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    FYI, I also memorized the key points of earth's tech tree so...

Osamaru likes this.
  20. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    \o\ Lets Gooooooooo!

mir, GonZ555 and UnGrave like this.