Spoiler The Scum Villain's Self-Saving System

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Apr 19, 2017.

?

Will it get better

1. Yes

93.9%
  2. No

6.1%
  1. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. Melonee_Mizu

Melonee_Mizu Looking for motivation

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, just throwing the thought out there, but God I hope MXTX considers releasing official English books of her novels just so that people can stop fighting over which translations are more authentic/correct/better and making smaller translators feel like shit.

this is a petition for English version of the printed books plz.
    k thanks, MXTX. Take my money.

3. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, the scene is also in the edited version but it got moved elsewhere. The edits are mostly like that, like moving things and changing the "flow" of the text but it's really mostly the same. I remember one of the translators, Fae, says that the edited (locked) version is much smoother and better than the original :LOL: but I personally haven't done a comparison.

baka8roukanako likes this.
  4. claudine

claudine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They’d be correct. MXTX’s edits both in Modao and SV make huge improvements to the flow. She also added many things to SV which become foreshadowing later on in the story.

As a writer, I respect these edits as it makes the story better, even if scenes that people like might have to be sacrificed (like the scene before the kiss, in the original version.)

Faelicy on Tumblr did a translation of edited ch9. Now go back and read Cnoveluv’s based on the original raws. There’s important info there that has been added, hinting to the truth about YQY’s stay in the Lingxi Caves. That is why translating the edited version is so important.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    readerz likes this.
  5. claudine

Reading List:
    Link
    As for print-only extras, that’s the Childhood extra and the Marriage extra. It’s actually not difficult to buy them off Books TW, which ships internationally through DHL. (Can change language at top right, but still need minimal Google translate) I’m always advocating for people buying it!

readerz likes this.
  6. claudine

Reading List:
    Link
    The first three books in this search result off Books TW are SV.

If you want to support MXTX, don’t buy SV off Taobao as those are most likely fake copies.

Sorry for the separate posts or I wouldn’t be able to post a link.

readerz likes this.
  7. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes! Such things will be noticed after one has read the entire story and realized that there were hints sprinkled here and there. I remember on my first read-through, I was absolutely furious at LBH, only to find out later that it was ZZL and the Old Palace Master who framed SQQ. :eek:

I guess I'm like SQQ. I was super suspicious of LBH at first when he returned from the abyss, only to slowly realize that he didn't actually move against his Shizun that way at all.:love:

Emmabluez likes this.
  8. claudine

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s the way MXTX wanted us to read it initially so you’re not wrong! Shen Yuan is such an unreliable narrator. Take everything he says about the plot with the view that he’s biased, LOL

readerz likes this.
  9. Iwanttoreincarnate

Iwanttoreincarnate Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is QiJiu's extra translated?

10. claudine

Reading List:
    Link
    Iwanttoreincarnate likes this.
  11. Iwanttoreincarnate

Iwanttoreincarnate Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    I've just read chapter 67, it was a good chapter but something have been bugging me since ch66, why do I get the feeling that something is going to happen to LBH? :blob_teary: like I can sense the *angst* is approaching :( I'm really worried for him since he's my favorite character :p

Anyways, I personally don't mind if something were to happen to LBH since I really enjoy seeing Shizun being concerned and worried for LBH there and taking care of him, because it is endearing to see after all this misunderstanding where LBH feels he doesn't care for him.. :blobsad: but still have to be honest and say I'm not all a big fan of Shizun saying he will sell LBH off if he doesnt treat his shisui (LQG) with respect when LQG himself have been seeing LBH antagonistically, and to be fair he was NOT showing his best manner towards LBH as well, when it comes to him on LBH too...

Either way, for me I felt sad because I personally wants LBH to be loved (not be treated like this , being misunderstood)...:(

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the next chapter!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    Soulfill, Emmabluez and readerz like this.
  13. Emmabluez

Emmabluez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much <3

14. Emmabluez

Emmabluez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ..it was definitely Luo Binghe. But when he went to open the door, he realized that the face he was looking at was slightly bigger."

This had me a bit confused.. does this mean LQG is taller..or just has a bigger head? :blobxd:

Soulfill likes this.
  15. Paper_Plains

Paper_Plains Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes something will but more mentally Idk about the edited ver since I read the unedited but its about time past events are told soon so get your heart ready

I think it's just their looks
    my thoughts on LQG his face would looks bigger since his hair is tied and LBH has his mothers face so his face may look a bit smaller lol

Sauling likes this.
  16. claudine

Reading List:
    Link
    This appears to be a mistranslation... Didn't even realize until you pointed it out. The term 脸大 means like... shameless. The 脸大 here is referring to SQQ, not LQG. It means SQQ might have thought too highly of himself, expecting LBH to visit him.

And ah, this tweet also says similarly.

Emmabluez likes this.
  17. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you tell me spoilers? I want to know what happen :blobgift: