Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be precise, it says Randolph has been "half Guided" by Kanako. Which has been said before.

Kinda funny that previously we were speculating that maybe Van and Selen might have an unexpected meeting but instead it was Van and Randolph. And yeah, given Randolph's backstory and what Van can do there's a definitely a chance that Van will be able to grant Randolph's dream... if Van ever finds out.

In general though, Randolph is quite apathetic. He's not bothered about what Van does unless it's clearly bad for the kingdom. Incidentally, next election is next year.

hillo315, Bla8bla, Claus and 2 others like this.
  2. LokiTheAccursed

LokiTheAccursed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am interested in what kind of hi-jinks Van will get up to during the election.

hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  3. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Remember that the people of Lambda's relation to the gods is quite different than Earth or Origin. People worship gods because they get benefits from it, not necessarily because they have any sort of religious faith in said gods. Combined with it being noted at the same time it said he retired from being an adventurer, I personally feel like it's yet another illustration of the fact Randolf doesn't care about gaining power anymore.

4. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Making mountain seperated Amid and Orbaume Kingdom seem one way to tell people Van is Holy Son of Vida.
    About "son" this make me remember Shingan no Yuusha. When MC become Goddess of Eye Disciple same like gained cheat from goddess here. He saw future where he together with the goddess despite the official "Son" tittle. So Van x Vida still have chance:blobmelt:

5. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't that because alda church didn't help him to free his hometown? And the other god still slumber. It's not because he doesn't care to about gaining power. He feels betrayed by his own belief to alda church, he thought they will cleanse all monster and devil nest as alda doctrine said but when the church didn't do it with what ever reason and alda didn't send divine message to them he feels betrayed not mention he can't relie to other gods that still slumber.

6. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    mostly this, yes. About the "son" in "holy son", beware biased translations, I have nothing against Yoshi, but he has been taking too many liberties. The title is Miko, the same used for shrine maidens, so you can think of van as Vida's divine child

hillo315, Bla8bla, Claus and 3 others like this.
  7. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    Would be interesting to know more about the rules of the election. I seem to remember it being said that it's not limited to existing dukes in terms of who can be elected. If anyone can be elected, I wonder what Van would do. Would he push for Darcia? Or Duke Alcheim?

It doesn't help that until very recently the only major god who was active was Alda and he takes a very distant approach. In other regions, the gods are much more closely involved.

Anyway, going to be interesting to see how this develops. I can imagine Van asking things but will Randolph be willing to talk about his home town...?

Different "miko". 巫女 = shrine maiden. 御子 = holy son.

I'd say holy son is perfectly valid based on it's usage. Eg, it's sometimes used as a way to refer to Jesus and in general "son of god" (or "child of god") is the interpreted meaning. Literal meaning is simply "child" but the 御 at the front elevates the respect level considerably.

hillo315, Nakakure, Bla8bla and 4 others like this.
  8. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Again, he didn't become an atheist till he retired, which was 10-20 years AFTER he became S-Class, which was itself many years AFTER most people rejected his reclamation project when he was B-Class, including the Alda church (also just as another note, Randolf was most shocked by the his fellow elves not showing up, not the Alda church saying no one was in danger there, they had to prioritize other projects. And it's noted they'd probably have said yes when he was A or S class, but Randolf didn't want to ask anymore.)

So yeah, pretty sure it's not because of the Alda church persay, since even after they rejected his plan he didn't become an atheist for decades. Not that they didn't contribute to that particular incident that jaded him.:blobpeek:

Van certainly has the technology and manpower to make a devil's nest livable in short order. That doesn't really solve the issue of the Elves not wanting to move back though. Still, this might be an interesting point of connection for the Dark/Chaos Elves and Randolf, as both have lost their original homes due to socio-political factors.

I was playing the new FromSoft game the other day, and they went with "Divine Heir" for a translation of 御子. Maybe that would be better for people? (both seem to tap in well to different pieces of Van's mythos honestly.)

hillo315, Bla8bla, jubjub3000 and 2 others like this.
  9. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    We don't know the motivations of the other elves so much but my general impression was that they'd already settled down elsewhere. Basically, they'd moved on already. It's not that they weren't interested at all but going to a lot of effort and risk and with also having to upset some people... it just wasn't worth it for them.

We'll see how this goes but perhaps this might be somehow of a repeat of how Van dealt with the cultivation villagers in the 4th arc where he helped them "a little". This might sound strange but right now Van has no idea that "Dandrip" is Randolph. He thinks he sounds similar to some random bard guy but that's all. In other words, Van isn't going to be particular cautious or on-guard around the guy.

However, things are very different from the other side. "Dandrip" has a fair amount of knowledge about Van and is well aware that Van totally outclasses all the other students. So say there's some trouble between Van and the other students, it's quite likely that he would intervene to diffuse the situation. Which would totally earn him points with Van. We already saw an example in the latest chapter where Van does appreciate learning things - he would make a good student with the right sort of teacher. So if he feels like "Dandrip" is a nice guy who he can learn a lot from and treats him fairly then Van will likely want to be nice in return. Bear in mind that Van's last "homeroom teacher" was Murakami.

So if "Dandrip" ever explains what happens to his village when he has earned a lot of goodwill with Van then Van will likely feel like he wants to do something in return. Perhaps over the summer holidays for example. I dunno how far Van would be willing to go and going on a long trip with someone might be awkward for both but perhaps if they can agree to meet up at the village (or some place nearby) rather than going together then it can reduce some of the awkwardness. I can imagine Dandrip rather apathetically allowing Van to do whatever he likes since it's not like it would make much difference at this late stage... only to be shocked at what Van can really do. End result Randolph gets his lifelong wish granted and is Guided by Van. Which in turn means that Randolph (who should be the most famous individual in the entire Kingdom) would likely be willing to support Van publicly.

hillo315, Nakakure, Bla8bla and 2 others like this.
  10. SnowDorian

SnowDorian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was thinking about the true vampire ancestor I believe that Alda was unable to kill him so he sealed it. The main characteristics of vampires that make them dangerous is the difficulty of killing them, they regenerate themselves from almost any injury since they do not die immediately, so potentializing I think there is a possibility the True Ancester can only be killed by the ability to destroy souls and I imagine he was as strong as Farmaum or Nineroad of that time ... Nuaza spoke that prophecy that true ancester was coming back and we know that it would be almost impossible if he returned to the circle of Vida without any preparation ...

11. S.a.w..

S.a.w.. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just going to say you’re wrong there. There is a quote from the vampire ancestor claiming that he/she would reincarnate one day in the future. I’m pretty sure the ancestor is properly dead for now.

Bla8bla, Nakakure, Claus and 2 others like this.
  12. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Extraordinary claims made on both sides here. So, how about we settle it like this. @SnowDorian you pull up the quote from Nuaza so we can analyze it. @S.a.w.. you pull up the vampire ancestor's quote. We're going to consider both sides of this argument invalid and the argument completely unsettled until one or the other of you do so.

Also, at everyone else, sorry I haven't been very active in here lately. Been rather busy with the new story I started writing. It eats up a lot of my free time, and that bit of free time is going to completely disappear come spring term of school starting up again. (I get to do statistics this quarter. Yay... :blobdizzy:)

13. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    It's alright , give me link again i forgot to bookmark it

14. SnowDorian

Reading List:
    Link
    I do not intend to defend this theory deeply because it is an extremely speculative theory, since Densuke has not talked about it since that time Van arrived in Talosheim for the first time ... I just wanted to put the idea to my thoughts with everyone here but it's not like if I placed much credit in it, but I was somewhat impressed by such an incisive refusal based on arguments as insolent as my own....

jemini, hillo315, jubjub3000 and 2 others like this.
  15. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Heya long time no see:aww:.
    Maybe around 5 page or more

16. SnowDorian

Reading List:
    Link
    I read almost every day but only respond when I think I have something to offer in the conversation or when my mind goes away with some theory ...:cookie:

17. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that remindes me that this is something that has not been used so far and according to what was talked about before, that cev... something gun, it should be used, so maybe there will something happen with that.

Bla8bla, hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  18. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    What wise word:aww:. For me it just To add page number:blobhero:. Around 40 page before we catch up to LCD thread:blobpopcorn_cool:

19. Nimitz

Nimitz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll have to do my part. Does anyone else think that Asagi is more likely than anyone to be guided by Bellwood. And if so, could we tell the difference? I mean, the past Bellwood and Asagi seems to be very much like.

20. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    They never meet and because current bellwood is just power up item , i don't know if Asagi will be guided.