Oneshot Farewell, Dear Universe

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by GDLiZy, Apr 3, 2019.

1. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I recently watched the universe-in-seconds type of video and got inspired. So, here I am, writing about things I don't know about. This time is my drip on a little sci-fi vocab. Still tragedy tho.
    Because the archives don't have any information about the formula concerning letters writing anymore, I certainly won't be able to create the structurally-corrected one. I also won't be able to correct any mistake in this letter due to time and energy it will take to re-do it.

I have already disposed and shut down all the general databases and most of the facilities. I won't have enough power to last until the end if I choose to keep them running.

With that reminder for my future-self out of the way, I'll start this hell of a ride now. Although I don't know how long this would take, I'm sure that at the end of this, my journey would hopefully end.

Firstly, I'm sorry for not introducing myself. I have already forgotten about my full name and everything else regarding my origin of birth. I only know that people who used to live with me called me Ind as it is my ID. As I am alone in the wake while everyone else has already departed, I have no problems with not knowing my name, or at least I learn to forget about it.

When I need to wait for the energy to recharge, I would recall the long-term memory to listen to my motivation and the reasons behind my wake. I am thankful that my past has always been colourful, because of it, I have the last remaining source of entertainment to relax my mind while entropy slowly helps me.

Although the remaining database only records my life before the travel, I speculate that the past me delete the rest because it's not relevant. Nevertheless, because of my long lifespan, I will naturally forget about memory after I finish it, essentially making me able to rewatch it as much as I want.

However, I hypothesise that when I watch it trillions of times, my brain would gradually become familiar with it, and I will get bored.

To my genuine feeling, I always envy those friends of mine who are short in lifespan and treasure it. I sometimes doubt that I know myself and what I once thought in the past. I can't tell if I will change in the next paragraph or if I can even detect it. If not for the lingering and hazy dream of mine, I wonder if I will still be here waiting for it to end.

My body is old, and it is hard to keep on living. Although my life is long, I can hardly do anything as I don't have enough energy to last until the end if I waste it to power my movement. Even writing this letter is using much of the energy that I can only write one sentence before falling asleep.

Sleeping isn't the best experience I want, but it is the worst. My sleep is long and tiring. As my conscious refuses to shut down, I'll always be aware of myself, making my rest only me sitting alone doing nothing.

In my memory, I used to love procrastinating. I would sit alone while looking at the sky, and I would see countless sparkling on it. In the past, I used to think that the light from Ring Worlds and Stellar Engines would never extinguish, that they are the symbols of our race's superiority in the battle against the universe.

Now, in my memory, the sky is obscure and abandoned. There is nothing but Empty Space and Dark Energy. I have been living in the absence of light as far as I can remember. The last known Black Dwarf has already decayed, let alone White Dwarves.

I don't know how long I have been writing this, but if I am correct, the numbers of cluttered Black Holes have decreased by a lot since I started this project. As of the time I am writing, the smaller Black Holes have already merged with the bigger ones. They are orbiting around the Supermassive Black Hole.

Besides the massive mass of loneliness, the universe is silent. Dark Energy has surpassed the speed of light and locked everything apart from each other. I sometimes wonder if anyone is still around, having the same dream as I. Although I have no way of knowing, the speculation nevertheless warms my heart.

It is cold and dark in here. However, because of the absence of light, any wave would immediately attract my attention. Like pulsating hearts, the two Black Holes dance around each other, millions of years in movement. They are intimate, spending their last moment together.

While they creep towards one another, their gravitational wave resonates with space, composing the wedding song for pair. As I am their only guest, I silently listen while giving my blessing for their union.

I am jealous of them. Although I know that my journey is to be alone, I still yearn for a colourful companion who will be with me. Maybe, I might have one in the past, but I can't remember anymore. My ending won't be as happy as them. It won't achieve anything or leave anything behind.

However, unlike me, the last moment of the Black Holes is beautiful and impactful. Their kiss produces colourful waves of light and generates firework that echoes the universe. Their end is the beginning of a new life. The remaining of the previous Black Holes have created the bigger Black Hole. They have become one.

I have come to notice that my resting period seems to grow longer. From the first marriage, I have seen a lot more since then. They keep me company and let me bless their last moment. I don't remember how many times I have witnessed them, but I know that the sky is becoming empty again.

At the moment I am writing this, I have come to term that my previous jealousy for the Black Holes is unnecessary. I think that their acts of sacrifice for their child are brilliant and full of emotions. They pass their legacy to their descendant, letting it has a chance to live.

I have no memory of my parents. I might be an orphan since the record I have didn't mention anything about my progenitors. However, despite not having any legacy or request to fulfil, it is comforting in a sense. I have no descendant to extend my history and need not satisfy the last wish of someone else.

The Black Holes and I are very similar in nature. We are here since the beginning and will see through the journey right in the end. The Dark Energy isolates us from the rest of the universe. The gravity traps us within its prison. We have a long lifespan, and we can't move freely.

The only difference is that I am alive while they are not. However, I might be wrong. The Black Holes are emotional and full of thoughts. They are willing to give their lives in exchange for their child to emerge into the universe. While I am lonely, not having anything or anyone to pass anything on. Maybe in their eyes, I might as well be dead.

The sky is dark without any light. The last collision is extremely long ago that I can't remember the colour of brightness anymore. Past me, I have finally accomplished one of my wishes. I have found a companion to be with me, until the end of our life. I call it, Big Black, the Supermassive Black Hole that eats all other remaining Black Hole.

Sometimes, I wonder if all of this is real or fake. Maybe I am just in a nightmare that would disappear after I wake up. Although the thought tries to shake me, I can, however, remain sane for the sake of my dream. Thanks to my friend, Big Black. If not for its company, I might not last long enough until the moment comes.

After some thinking, I believe that the existence of mine and Big Black's is surprisingly interchangeable. We are practically the same entity. We are lonely and in need of a companion, and we are the last of our kind and the prisoner of time. All of our friends had already departed and left us with our dream. However, despite all of that, with us together, we shall wait quietly for the end.

I feel that it is unfair that both Big Black and I won't get a chance to witness the era where time becomes meaningless. However, since the moment I could remember, I have already accepted that not everything will go according to my wish. At least my dream isn't impossible to accomplish with the help of Big Black.

I have no idea how long I have been resting or how long I have been writing this. Since space only has Big Black and I, we don't have anything to measure the length of time. The systemic clock and time-tracking had already decayed due to the help of entropy.

I can feel it, and I think Big Black also knows too, that my moment is coming. I assume that the next time I write this letter would hopefully be the last.

My name is Ind, and I am with my only friend, Big Black. Both Big Black and I are old, and we are dying. I can see that his final moment is approaching. Not only his but mine too. I promise you that we will accompany each other, in life and death. He will become the last firework to celebrate the end of an era. With his and my departure, the time of entropy will arrive. Beautiful, isn't it? I think that having my funeral with my best friend and a send-off gift with the biggest firework in the universe is the most glorious moment I could ever hope for.

I have already used the last bit of energy to write the closing remark of this letter. So, with everything ready, We shall embrace our final farewell party now.

-Farewell, Dear Universe

-From, Ind and his friend, Big Black

2. Jiggy

Jiggy I am JiggyliFAP~ the not fat anymore guy.

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought this was a suicide note :sweating_profusely:

tirirism and GDLiZy like this.
  3. Inute

Inute Daydreamer

Reading List:
    Link
    same but it seems its just a chunni post

GDLiZy likes this.
  4. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Title be :blobfearful::sweating_profusely: inducing.

GDLiZy likes this.
  5. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I thought it would be fitting for a departure letter. Anyway, the protag still died at the end so it could be considered a suicide note, a fictional one at least.