Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Szmiiit

Szmiiit Lightweavers' Hemalurgist

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter isnt out. @ssj4maiko is often carrying info "from japan"

2. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Carrying :blobsmilehappyeyes:.

Mei can't use death magic right , due mana consumption.:blob_sunglasses:. Maybe in Lambda where you can raise mana more easy than origin. Legion can do it probaly because their spell are specialized the mana consumption are small to compensation their limited death attribute.

3. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    https://novelcom.syosetu.com/impression/list/ncode/711674/
    check for yourself
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I remember on Ranks:
    B Rank - Person is actually quite the super human, he does have limits, but is still ridiculously strong.
    A Rank - Person has absurd strength/skills, he is much of a super human, cutting mountains with a sword like Heinz did at that time is not impossible, A Rank are already very absurd and have proportionally a low number of enemies that they cannot deal with.
    S Rank - Off the charts, unlike the previous ranks where you can kinda have a top floor, S Rank has none, not only that, comparing S ranks is like comparing water and oil, it's too different, you need to reach such a ridiculous amount of experience to reach such level.

Heinz just before the fight against Van was certainly an S Rank Adventurer, but at the time when he was promoted to such? He was not, and I think it's mentioned somewhere in the chapters that the rank was mostly for political reasons, they forced the rank up for that, now that I write it, I think it was because Amid had Schneider, and Randolph was retired, so Orbaume was looking for a new S Rank Adventurer in their territory, and Heinz was the nearest one to reach that.

Same for why Alda selected Heinz, he was the strongest, it does not mean he had the necessary strength. Sure he cares about a filthy Dhampir, but that's not a problem, because the Dhampir will eventually die and not spread it's filthy genes, so that thing (Selen) is not a problem, just need Heinz to get strong to fight the demon king Vandalieu.

Bla8bla, hillo315, Nakakure and 3 others like this.
  4. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh give her a bit of 'fruit juice' and let her change slowly in a new race (say shinigami), might help with her mana consumption (might also start slowly making DA a 'naturalized' magic (as ironic as that sounds, slim to no chance but doesn't hurt to toss it out there) ).

jubjub3000 likes this.
  5. Szmiiit

Szmiiit Lightweavers' Hemalurgist

Reading List:
    Link
    Did I write it wrong? I'm not native speaker, and honestly I don't get what you are meaning to say...

hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  6. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe she can turn into something similar to mistress death from the marvel universe?

It works for me, I agree but he might be saying that because it's not normally used it that context.

Bla8bla and hillo315 like this.
  7. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Better off as Shinigami tbh, or a culture where death has a set of beings (not just Charon, Grim Reaper and a singular being). She'll be a source of said race (physically) between her and Van, tbh I kinda see Mei in Van's harem in the not too distant future (maybe when fully grown and knows the history of her DA from Vanderbilt/Banda).

jubjub3000 likes this.
  8. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I was thinking along the lines of just looking similar to mistress death from marvel not the full blown thing so sure.

hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  9. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    :cookie:
    Just find it funny.

10. mai.rain

mai.rain Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In regards to Heinz being s rank
    It was mentioned very early on that ranks above B are basically as much political as personal strength, that was how Riley of the green wind spear got his ranking.
    So Heinz is now worthy of being S-rank at the time he was promoted he wasn't, he only got the higher rank as a political move.
    It took him a few years before he could seal a fragments of the demon king. Also most of his awakened skills weren't that high when he fought Van years later, whilst van has awakened-awakened skills and Most of his main force has a few awakened skills.
    remember it was mentioned a S-rank should have multiple awakened skills to truly be a s-rank as well as multiple jobs (i believe it was around 20)

Bla8bla, jubjub3000, hillo315 and 3 others like this.
  11. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Well heinz still not recognaise as super human by super human. About his S - rank as we know it's political reason , isn't uncle of katie that hire 5-blade to save his face? I forgot his name. Correct me if i am wrong.

12. mai.rain

mai.rain Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heinz's should now be a proper S-rank, at least in terms of jobs and skills
    I can't remember who gave him the rank, it most likely was Hartner, however it was given mainly because Heinz killed the pure breed Vampire which haunting mankind for 100,000 years. So whilst Heinz knew he didn't deserve the praise or rank up he went with the flow and took it for his own political gain (harmony faction gaining more power)

13. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    「Hmm, try again.」(Kachia)

「Then how about becoming a maid with Saria and Rita?」(Vandalieu)

「A maid, huh… Well, let’s go with that for now.」(Kachia)

Why did she add,「for now?」Could it be that she wanted to be a maid in the past? Was her childhood dream to become a maid leader?
    Should we supprot Kachia to become Maid? Well she is idol right?

jubjub3000 and hillo315 like this.
  14. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    『And it’s an old saying that you should kill Goblins no matter how pitiful they look.』(Borkus)

Saying an old proverb spoken amongst adventurers since old times, Borkus swung his sword three times.
    I want this Proveb exist at goblin slayer

15. LokiTheAccursed

LokiTheAccursed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Goblin Slayer follows those words very well.

16. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean general adventure too not only goblin slayer

17. LokiTheAccursed

LokiTheAccursed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know

jubjub3000, hillo315 and Nakakure like this.
  18. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    New raw chapter is up for those who are unaware

19. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Side chapter 49: The time to wait in the shadows ends.

Uh, so Van packed the resurrection device that brought back Darcia full of lumps of meat that make up Legion, and now all preparations are complete. I think for the Origin mission? :blobsleepless:

Metamorph became a full death-attribute user from having her soul directly exposed to mana from a death attribute device who knows how many times. So guessing Van will be taking her with him too if Mei has to be evacuated from Origin. Avalon also thinks Metamorph gained full death attribute because she's a reincarnator but, yeah, still thinking he's just an idiot. They even point out Mei makes no sense if that's the case, but Avalon tries to hand wave it as Pluto killing and then "resurrecting" her in the fetal stage. Anyway, Van having Death Attribute abilities (i.e. eating low level blessings) long before Origin and Guduranis make the whole theory seem dumb. But that's Avalon for you. His solution for this contradiction is "let's destroy the Bravers and kidnap Mei!" :facepalm:

Also I wonder if Metamorph's tipping off Bander and Van on Avalon going crazy? The scene with Avalon ends with Metamorph's soul laughing "hmhmhm... just a little more." :blobowoevil_horns:

Another Braver on Van's side like Joseph get's introduced, Ulrica / "Echo". She has a reflect ability, that works on even sound waves and stuff. Avalon sends one of his bravers, Johnny / "Balor", who has an energy drain ability. Bander says they might as well go out and talk, at which point he materializes, blows up the front door, and freaks the hell out of Johnny and his flunkies. Since Bander's made of demon king fragments, bullets and low level origin magic does literally nothing to him. He also has Echo ride inside him (the real reason he materialized) so she can activate reflect eventually and make all the enemies attacks go right back at them.

Balor is utterly ineffective against Bander, who is again, made of demon king fragments, and thus can produce more kenetic force than Balor can absorb. Chapter ends with Bander brainjacking Johnny for info on Avalon's plans. Bye-bye Johnny, you poor one chapter canon-fodder.:blobcry:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    Korleone, KuroShiroe, Bla8bla and 8 others like this.
  20. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    Summary for SS49

Inside Van, countless Demon Kings are working incessantly, seems like Vida's Resurrection machine is being used, some magic formula has been completed, medical facilities, housing, power/electricity, clothing, furniture, everything you need for daily life. Food is not counted, because most of the food can be reproduced already, so they can get it anytime. Multiple Demon Kings's are checking on everything, there are books copied, but there are no games.

Inside this inner world, dome shaped buildings unseen in Lambda, the ceiling is painted blue and there is a light sphere in the air. The demon kings seem to be wearing a protective suit that squeezes their deformed bodies inside of it. In the center, there is Vida's resurrection machine and a lot of meat made with the device. They are ready to go.

---------

In Origin, Avalon and his team have been experimenting on Mari, and one of the scientists reported that the experiments have been... Successful (!?). The subordinate is excited looking at the results, he reports that the death attribute resulted is not limited, but complete like the undead, they were able to reproduce death attribute magic!

The person on screen wearing a helmet that covered everything from the nose up was able to turn poison into a harmless liquid, and water into poison. Weapons also had their effects boosted or nullified. They were able to reproduce may of the magic items tone with the Undead, although inferior in quality. The main problem is the amount of magic, Mari does not have the same amount of magic as the undead seemingly, but it should not be a problem once they replicate the experiment on multiple people.

The subordinate thinks everything is great, but Avalon knows it's not the case, Mari is special, that's why it worked, there are less than 100 people who could get Death Magic like this, himself included. In regards to his backers, this could be considered a great success, being able to create those impossible magic items again and all, but it's impossible to achieve the number with so little output. The subordinate leaves Avalon remains with only people that knows his circumstances.

Someone smiles and wonders about the personnel (I believe there are at least 3 people in this room), but Moriya reminds that there are few people remaining that know about death magic, he was just someone down in the hierarchy that was left alive, and he is happy because he doesn't know the truth that they know, Mari is a reincarnator.

In regards to magic output, Mari would have about 30K MP, it's an extraordinary number in Origin, but nothing when compared to the Undead's 100M, even all 100 reincarnators wouldn't be enough.

From what they learned here is that Death Magic can be achieved on a person that died once completely and achieved reincarnation, not simple heart resurrection procedure. 8th guidance was half-dead and got limited, but reincarnators can get full death. The experiments done were the same as the ones now, the subject is the difference, and now Metamorph can't use any other magic besides Death Attribute.

Although Avalon already knew the idea of dying once, he never thought about reincarnation because that's normal to him, while the others like 8th Guidance and his own subjects are not. Avalon starts to wonder about Mei, although her having death attribute is just speculation, so they start to try to explain that she may have died as a fetus, but they are unware of the specifics, because they are not very sure about how reincarnation/incarnation/transmigration works, what about memory and personality?

Supposedly, Mei would have died and returned to Rodcorte's system, but on resurrecting, the same soul came back from the system, and in regards to memory and personality, it's still a mystery. Seems like even Avalon doesn't remember everything that happened on Earth, and same for everyone else, the personality changes with the new place, nobody is fully the same. There were few reincarnators who were afraid of ships and sea caused by the trauma when they died. Avalon would wonder if the fetus even had a brain to die in the first place, but he knows that the soul exists, but he doesn't know what it is capable of, like, can it think by itself? Can it remember things? Is the reincarnation process a natural process of souls in which case them remembering their former lives is simply Rodcorte giving them that memory. There is no way to test that now, but he could try with Mei and get those answers.

Avalon declares that Metamorph is still incomplete, she can use most of the Undead magic, for example, the magic the Undead used to kill the scientists, or to activate the 8th Guidance limited death magic. The ability to make golems and undead, for example, is impossible, but only Van knows that those were not magic, that was the result of Death Charm, and asking the spirits to do what they did, there was no direct magic and the spirits would do on their own will, hence, it's impossible to be replicated by Metamorph who cannot attract the dead. He also need to understand more of the soul to achieve his objective. Having Death Magic is not enough.

One of the subordinates, upon hearing that, starts to wonder what Avalon is trying to achieve. He thinks Avalon could get the death attribute for himself and show its power, however, at the same time, that would mean getting rid of the other attributes, is it good? Thanks to his cheat ability, Avalon has unrestricted potential, but that would be still far from the Undead. Using death attribute like the undead is still an impossible achievement.

Avalon decides that he needs to analyze Mei to get the answers for his objective of immortality and supreme power. The subordinate felt obsession on Avalon's words, they would be betraying the other reincarnators and placing them under similar experiments as those on Metamorph. It's not like that's their first time, they have already betrayed, used and killed Bravers. If Avalon goes beyond human limitations he could reach god with the power of death attribute, and they are the direct subordinates of that god, so who cares about classmates, or even the people of this world!?

Their brakes have been broken a long time ago. Avalon operates a tablet switching the screen from Metamorph to another capsule with a humanoid creature sleeping submerged in liquid. Avalon then declares they have most of the things to reach death magic, now the final part of their plan: Secure Mei, destroy Bravers and "process the remains".

And so the operation started.

A soul was around laughing with "just a little more". Seems like although she had lost her mouth and freedom, she was able to move her soul out to at least laugh.
    (Kari and Heiro suggests this is Metamorph, and most likely is. Sebas suggests she is trying to turn into a Death Bomb similar to Pluto, most likely hers would be much bigger though.)

------------------

Banda has been teaching Mei Telephathy, he teaches her when he can, suddenly the body starts laughing, and Banda warns her that she is moving her mouth. Several spirits seems to be smiling bitterly at her. What Mei is learning is to convey her will to spirits and undead without making a sound. Apparently it's a very difficult thing to reach, but he can't help.

Banda was able to get the skill thanks for the amount of time as the undead where he couldn't move, so after so long trying to move and talk, he suddenly was able to achieve soul form, while placing his 6 spider legs on the ground and combing his " white fur" (like a beard). [Oh, Banda is making a movie pose :x]

Hiroshi wondered if it would be the same feeling as a dream, he is now 10yo, and is at home thanks to Spring Break. Banda kinda agrees, than Mei was able to do it, and calls Banda and "nii-cha". She got it. Banda thought it would be harder, but agrees she is doing it right. Suddenly someone seems to be hearing something from her mind. Seems like Mei made a mistake and didn't specify a target, and just talked with everyone around, and it caused Ulricka (Echo) to panic. Then she arrives, sees Mei, and seems to think it's a dream, and that she is not going crazy.
    (Thanks to Kari, I'm taking out the idea that she could be using some ghost form)

Hiroshi and Mei try to calm Ulrica down. Ulrica also knows of Banda, she seems to be also someone helped by him similar to Druid. She is a tall nordic woman, but her spirit was damaged from all the hardships in disaster areas and so on, and similar to Druid, she has been assigned missions away from the front, which was convenient to protect the Amemiya's children.

Banda asks if she was able to rest, seems like she recovered from her past traumas, slimmed down 30kg, blood pressure is normal, no more hallucinations and can even sleep, she seems happy to achieve that. But Hiroshi warns her that she is not dreaming, but is on their living room. But she looks at the ghost form of Mei, and he explains that's her new ability, so Ulrica understood there is no problem. Banda asks about some phone call she had just gotten, and seems like Joseph couldn't come, so they replaced him with Johnny Yamaoka's [Balor].

Seems like there have been many disasters all around the world and Avalon is making the Bravers move all around the world, this started when Mei reached 3yo, and because Metamorph was not usable anymore, he had to make something that would allow him to study and waste everyone's time from him. Banda seems to have considered that many of these disaster are being made artificially by Avalon's collaborators. Banda doesn't know who Balor is, and wonders if he is on Avalon's side.

Balor was reborn as a American-Japanese, and works mainly in the front suppressing terrorists and fire. His ability allows him to "suck energy from things" and "convert energy into magic", for example, when there is fire, take way the energy of the fire, and magic is also a kind of energy, so it works on magic too. And Johnny's family trained him in martial arts and firearms, so his fighting ability is high. But there is an upper limit to his absorption ability, and in that regard he use his physical abilities to cover that. He fights similar to Mage Masher in nullifying magic.

According to Ulrica, he was not a classmate, but a worker in the ferry similar to Mao, they don't know much, but seems like he disliked Asagi and didn't open too much to everyone else, he was also bad withthe Mass Media, although that's with many reincarnators in general since since not many of them like the current situation, and Ulrica remembers to switch the Death Attribute sensor, that has been installed in the house, which means Mei's training is going to end, and only No-Attribute can be trained now.
    (Corrected: The Mass Media part was about Balor)

The sensor was added by the Amemiya's, but anytime Druid or Echo are there they turn it off for Mei to practice her death magic, and just then, the interphone ringed, Ulrica was impressed that it was quite early, but Banda and Mei sensed the danger, and Mei warned her to reflect. Ulrica activated her ability and a bullet that pierced the wall was reflected back, Mei also warned Hiroshi to get to Banda. Under him they can even survive missiles.

Ulrica is surprised, and Banda tells her the enemy has come. According to Life Sense he understood they were surrounded. They didn't kill the neighbors cause that would allow the spirits to alert them. They know what they are doing. Echo uses her ability and achieves similar results, but she also finds golems, including one that shot her, but was incapacitated by her reflection which destroyed its gun.

Echo's ability is the reflecting on Phenomena, she can reflect sound to achieve something like sonar, or reflect light to compensate for the lack of a mirror in blind spots. She can also reflect light and focus them in a single spot like a laser. Banda understands that Balor and the golems are there to deal with Ulrica and the mystery of the house respectively. Basically, Ulrica's ability is powerful, but she can't deal with Balor. Balor can rob the kinectic energy of any physical attack of hers, so it would be an unilateral defeat. Ulrica is nervous, but Banda calms her down that first they need to meet.

Balor is sure of his success, he has been hiding his work with Avalon for many years, now he has come with 17 skilled former soldiers, heavy magic weapons, Golems powered by crystal there are the best in magic technology, the golem are made in a way that they are very much robots. They are more powerful than tanks, although one is already down thanks to Echo. He wonders how Echo could have noticed them, so he guesses it's the unknown entity reported by Moriya. But it doesn't matter, there is no need to hide, get Amemiya Mei and Hiroshi, kill Echo and the unknown monster.

No police will arrive because they caused other problems around to keep the occupied. Bravers have also been dispersed, and anyone that could be a problem like Amemiya is to be dealt with. Then the door of the house exploded from the inside, and from the inside appeared Banda, surprising even Balor. Banda decided that since they know he is around, there is no need to hide himself anymore. The voice was calm and flat, unlike the appearance. They feel fear and aversion, but they are trained soldiers. They shoot, but nothing happens, they use all their best weapons that could open holes in armored cars, heat that melts iron, but they cause no damage on Van, if they could, Alda would have killed him already.

So Banda tells him he won't hide anymore, and signs Ulrica to start. Ulrica is inside his torso, and suddenly all shots are reflected back. Soldiers and Golems are incapacitated in that small time. The fear made them forget about Echo, and now all his forces are nearly wiped out. He decides to act himself, he goes after Banda, buffs himself, and activated his ability which would rob his enemy of energy, then his arms were cut...

He noticed that Banda's speed was surreal, he couldn't take all the energy, it was impossible. He was scared, he tried to show some courage, but Banda approached his mouth to Balor's ear telling him that he has killed giants and dragons 100m tall/long, Balor stutters as he doesn't understand, then the tongue enters his ear. There is no need to ask, he hijacks the brain and gets his answers directly from his memories. He won't kill him and seems to hope he listen later to Oracle, Inspector and Laplace as they seems to be suggesting people not to deal with Van. The children are inside himself and can't hear anything, because it would be too disturbing for their young minds.
    (Correction: I thought the mention of the 3 angels was that hijacking the brain is more reliable than the trio, but seems like Van is not going to eat Balor and may later just let him die and go to Rod)

-------

So Banda seems to be preparing enough Meat to get the reincarnators around, and since I guess their bodies would be destroyed upon arriving, they will be send as souls. I wonder if Mei is included.

Avalon did it! I didn't expect that experiment to work though, but it's interesting there are people there supporting him "turning into a god". Roddy Facepalm here. So Mari is now the third Death Mage, hope she can recover once Banda saves her.

Ulrica is a tall nordic woman? Ally to Banda? New Waifu? :3
    Nice to find another nice person around, and Mei is learning Death Magic while her parents are away, I guess many will die here, Rod will get his soldiers I guess. Poor Balor, just appeared for the first time, and he is already dead. :x

Edit: What is the mysterious body, could it be the undead? Although Amemiya should have destroyed it with his magic.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    Korleone, Bla8bla, Leekt222 and 10 others like this.