Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks to the fort construction project led by the Amid Empire, Viscount Balchesse’s region narrowly managed to recover from its loss.

… In the future, the clearly pointless fort in this territory would only cause suffering, but it would likely be the viscount’s son’s generation who would have to worry about that.

hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  2. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Title explanation:

【Eclipse King】

The condition for acquiring this Title is to become the King of Talosheim while becoming known as the Eclipse King rather than as the Sun King, and being acknowledged as such by over ninety percent of its inhabitants.

Its main effect is that the Strengthen Followers skill will affect all citizens ruled by the Eclipse King (Even if they are humans, Elves or Dwarves).

In addition, it makes it possible for races without the Night Vision skill to gain the Night Vision skill and those without the Dark Vision skill to gain the Dark Vision skill.

Finally, it makes it possible for those with a weakness to sunlight or moonlight to gain skills with resistance against them.

3. LokiTheAccursed

LokiTheAccursed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you reading Death Mage for the first time?

hillo315, jubjub3000 and ssj4maiko like this.
  4. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, Re-Read. .

5. LokiTheAccursed

Reading List:
    Link
    But why do you keep posting parts from the translated chapters?
    I am pretty sure most of us already knows this info.

6. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My thoughts on this world, as well as the lumps of meat. I think the theory everyone has about this being a world made to have the same laws of physics as Origin is correct, however I think the purpose of this world is to convert residents of Origin into bodies that are compatible with Lamba's laws of physics. That's what I think the lumps of meat are for, I think Van is planning to use them to make new bodies for them identical to their old bodies, and then have a forced reincarnation.

As for the magic circles, those are probably the complex spells Ricklent and Zuluwarn were SUPPOSED to cast in order to facilitate a proper reincarnation using the basic form of life (but skipped on thus creating Legion.) I read MTL, so I'm not completely sure, but I could have sworn he actually said something about Zuluwarn while setting up his stuff in this world, and it did seem to be in the same part that was talking about the lumps of meat.

Bla8bla, hillo315, Claus and 3 others like this.
  7. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Just posting what i find an interesting Part.

8. LokiTheAccursed

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel that it would fit better in the translated LCD forum and not spoiler where we talk about the raws.

hillo315, jubjub3000 and ssj4maiko like this.
  9. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright then.

10. Nimitz

Nimitz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Think about 3 years has past since last time. I believe Mei was 3 and her brother was 7? In chapter 45. He's now 10.

Balor power would be very useful against Amamiya's bypass defence power. We know a combo of light/life works well against death.

11. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hillo315 likes this.
  12. Szmiiit

Szmiiit Lightweavers' Hemalurgist

Reading List:
    Link
    @ssj4maiko
    This chapter was really hard to understand, and normally I would waste a lot of time trying to decipher all of the story, using different translators and cutting snippets to check with dictionaries. But this time I knew that I could later read your summary, and I could enjoy this chapter propperly. :blob_grin:
    Thank you verry much for your work!:blobparty:

Bla8bla, ssj4maiko, hillo315 and 3 others like this.
  13. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I have been thinking, is being able to use DA some kind of Blessing conditioned magic? After all, every user (complete or not) until now have been had to be subjected to non-spell DA and in a way one could say that Van was unintentionaly Blessed by Gudu (since I see Bleesing as being given part of the soul/magic of a god), the EG were Blessed in a way by Van, Mei was Blessed in a way by Pluto, Hijiri's experiments are being artificially Blessed in a way, etc. So maybe that is one of the conditions. Of course, Gudu's existence send the theory straight to the shredder, so I could be completely wrong.

Yeah, was thinking the same thing. After all, the question of how exactly will Van bring Mei and the others to Lambda without them dying during and after the journey have been discussed before. And Rick and Zuru's plan for Legion could be seen as a Checkov's Gun in the same vein that the DK continent gods were (mentioned long ago, but done little with during the story), it would also show what exactly would had happened if the actually succeded in doing it. And a major flipping the bird moment to Roddy "SEE! THIS IS HOW YOU TRANSMIGATE PEOPLE!".

Hmmm, wonder if Banda will use the power of the all powerful Truck-kun-sama to help in the proccess.

14. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link

Balor should be able to absorb the energy, but he would have to use that energy very fast, plus we don't know all of Amemiya's cheats, his Fortune alone should allow him to win though.

When Mei was born Hiroshi was 6,at the end of arc 12 they were 3 and 9, Mei should be 4 or almost there

no problem, looking back I started doing it because it made it easier for the Japanese traders to correct us, which would help me directly.

I will fix the summary with Kari's corrections later, thanks for them :)

Multiple pages in the impressions pages, the most interesting thing I got from the new answers is that Banda seems to be encroaching the fear in their souls, most likely so that once they reach Rod they don't make the dumbest decision themselves.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    Bla8bla, hillo315, Nakakure and 4 others like this.
  15. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't see any reference to Zuruwarn in the latest chapter.

To discuss this overall topic in general:

I don't think we know enough about moving normal people from outside worlds to Lambda to say what's practical and what isn't. We know it can be done, eg with the original champions but that was some rather special circumstances. It also doesn't seem like it would be fatal for Van to return to Origin and since he has experience with using his magic there he should be able to be effective, though the same can't be said for others. Van also has the blessing of the gods of Origin. Perhaps the only other person who could be safely taken from Lambda to Origin would be Legion.

This inner world seen in the first scene is not necessarily intended to be a long term solution. Actually, I doubt Van would consider that to be good for Mei (it would literally limit her world). In other words, the likely ultimate goal (if Van goes through with this) would be to get Mei to Lambda properly. If Van can create inner worlds with different rules of magic then perhaps he can change that over time. Or at least, have enough cross-over. For example, allow Mei to get access to the status system and get Van's guidance so that she gets the stats benefits from it. Would he "kill" Mei (a perfectly healthy) person just so that he could transfer her could? Perhaps but it feels a bit wrong somehow.

What do we have to suggest that this particular inner world is in fact based on different laws? Well, there's this line from the latest chapter:
    改良型甦生装置、並びに肉塊はこの空間でも問題なく生存できるようです
    "The improved resurrection device, as well as the lumps of flesh both seem capable of functioning without problems in this space."

The word for "space" here normally refers to a room or the like but I've seen it used quite often in sci-fi/fantasy settings to refer to things like pocket dimensions, alternative plans of existence etc etc. This line would be completely redundant if the local laws of physics were the same as Lambda. So clearly this space/inner world is simulating something other than Lambda (ie Origin).

Also, the fact that Van forbid others from entering this world is also significant. He wouldn't do that just because he's shy or something. He most likely banned the others since they'd likely die or otherwise have problems / could cause accidents. It was for their own safety.

Finally we have the Demon King familiars running around while completely covered by some kind of protective suits. I doubt that is to protect the contents of the world (since Van can simply use Disinfect etc) but rather the DK familiars.

So what does Van ultimately plan to do? Kinda hard to say. For a start, some of this might be more of a back-up. We might not see him use it either - the author has said multiple times that Van would prioritise Mei's happiness and wouldn't take her from her parents unless he thinks she'd be happier that way. Van himself seems uncertain about whether he'd go personally to Origin or not, which might change the calculations. For example, if he can go himself, wouldn't he be able to directly transfer Mei to his inner worlds and then go back to Origin, which would presumably be safer than transferring her directly?

It's possible that the capsule of flesh is not for Mei but for others. Perhaps Van intends to use his perfect recording skill to make "perfect" copies of people Mei knows from Origin so that she won't feel lonely. It's kinda hard to say what Van wouldn't do!

Anyway...

It's going to get interesting. Presumably Bander, Mei and co are going to go "on the run". I doubt they'd stay at the house at least though I dunno where would be safer. Alternatively, they could hold up at the house while Van transfers over to Origin. It's not yet clear if Van intends to transfer or not or how bad the situation would have to come for him to need to transfer. Certainly Bander is capable of protecting Mei from scrubs, but what happens when things get even more serious? After all, I'm sure Avalon would have a video of what happened to scrub Balor. While he'd likely be shitting himself from it it would also give him a lot of motivation/leverage to pull out all the stops. After all, he has lots of backers who want him to re-create "Undead", and seeing something about as dangerous turn up will give him an excuse to pull in the military etc.

Either way, we're about to get "Undead vs the world, round 2" but this time Undead isn't wearing the kid gloves.

Bla8bla, hillo315, Claus and 3 others like this.
  16. Szmiiit

Reading List:
    Link
    No-Entry World having laws of phisics form Origin is a theory or a fact?

With base-of-life beeing in a world with Origin's laws of phisics it would make more sense to create there bodies that could work on Origin, and use them as avatars that Van's Gang (Kanako, Luciano and Darcia plz) could posses by a pseudo reincarnation. Their orginal bodies would be suspended with life functions, and soul transported into avatars, that would invade Origin through normal Zuruwarn's teleportation, to bypass the fact of bodies beeing destroyed as a result of multidimensional travel. Like labs with vacuum chaimbers for testing spaceships.
    Champions didn't need that because gods were powerfull in Lambda, and could prevent death by modyfing body after travel what isn't possible in the other direction.
    Coincidentally soul transpher in the other direction should be easy, since the only reason for hiccups during Legion's travel was Rodcorte messing with them, what probably can be avoided when Van is helping - and No-Entry World doesn't seem like counter against Rodcorte.
    That would also explain the name. World where you can't enter, because your body would break down.

Bla8bla, hillo315, Nakakure and 3 others like this.
  17. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a theory. It's a reasonably well supported theory but still a theory. It's possible that the truth is a bit more complicated.

Bla8bla, hillo315, Nakakure and 3 others like this.
  18. Szmiiit

Reading List:
    Link
    Follow up on my "No-Entry World" theory.
    1. Val couldn't do what Zuruwarn and Ricklet did with Legion because he wasn't godlike enough. He also didn't have acces to homunculus evil gods, that have similar set of skills that they could teach to Van. I don't think that cross-universe-pseudo-reincarnation is a problem anymore.
    2. If a body is built for reincarnators how would it look? I assume that it takes their image of themselves, their strength, and matches with existing races. Would Kanako and Melissa keep their age, skintone and/or ears? I imagine reincarnators on Origin, 15y.o. Kanako in Magical Girl (Van-made) costume, ordering grown up Mellisa and Doug. And others looking with bewilderment.
    3. Saura and Sieg might also go, mabye with their old bodies. They would seem a lot more trustworthy for Ameyama and Bravers.
    4. Speaking of old bodies - I would SOOOO MUCH want Van to go there in his old look. As a grown up, and dressed in some sort of victorian male clothing. He already likes to use canes, all he needs is a suit and some old fashioned hat. (Realistically the most I can hope for is body of young D-01 what is no fun)
    5. TECHNOLOGY - Phones, computers, walkie-talkies, guns, and cars would work in No-Entry World if my theory is correct. He could analyze them as Bander using spirit form, and complete recording, and recreate using Golem Creation. Swap metals for death metals, gasoline and gunpowder for (G)DK fat, slap spirits onto them, and you have technology 100x better than Origin's.

Bla8bla, hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  19. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But then he would not get mistaken for a girl. it needs to be androgynous Gothic clothes

Bla8bla, hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.