Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Szmiiit

Szmiiit Lightweavers' Hemalurgist

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobhyperthink:
    Wow, now it makes sense - while Bravers have magic at level 5+ in Origin, Undead already was on awakened level before forced restart! That's why their (8G) abilities were so powerful!
    As expected from someone who has a magic skill set as passive :blobokhand:.

hillo315 and mai.rain like this.
  2. mai.rain

mai.rain Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    to be honest I don't know if he did awaken or not, as he wasn't aware of these Abilities himself until he meet Legion, he then awakened Death Magic to Dark King then he learnt the abilities/spells that work the same way.
    So it might be a True Death Mage can give powers that are awakened, where as Avalon who isn't can only "grant" magic that is the basic magic form.
    It is possible Van did awaken his skills but sadly we have know way to confirm, as with his no exp from past life curse is still in effect

hillo315, Reman Scimitar and sirin423 like this.
  3. Szmiiit

Reading List:
    Link
    Question:
    What are abilities of Bokor and Gabriel exactly?
    Gabriel has something to do with evolution (I think), but Bokor's ability I don't get.

hillo315 likes this.
  4. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting possibility that could happen once Bander gets to Narumi...

All the way back in the first chapter, Van (as Amamiya Hiroto) tried but failed to save Narumi. What if Bander manages to rescue Narumi in the nick of time and casually says something like "this time I saved you"? It's possible that Narumi might recognise him even if Bander looks rather different. Whether that'll mean anything is another matter and I'm sure Bander is going to explain himself sooner or later anyway.

I also imagine that Bander would be quite handy in helping out in an earthquake zone.

If Bander had a "Braver" code-name what would it be? "Demon King"? :blobowoevil_horns:

Nakakure, Mesaphrom, sirin423 and 2 others like this.
  5. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    My impression, Gabriel has the ability to "Declare Truth", so anything he says will turn into reality, but there should be some limitation, maybe like, anything he says consumes a ton of MP or something like that. Considering the name of one of the main High Angels, it should match.

Bokor is related to voodooism, and seems to be related to the creation of zombies and such. So maybe their attack was "Gabriel blesses evolution, and Bokor takes control of them"? I really couldn't understand much, I expect it to be better explained in future chapters though.

Mesaphrom and hillo315 like this.
  6. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hillo315 likes this.
  7. LokiTheAccursed

LokiTheAccursed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanatos
    I did play Persona 3 Portable a bit.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    Nakakure and hillo315 like this.
  8. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, time to use an old and peculiar saying,"There's no time like the present.". Wouldn't be surprised if Narumi denies the truth for awhile (until Van, Hiroto and Narumi sees eye to eye) and air out their dirty laundry.

Prob more in line with "Chaos God" (no need to mention Shinigami lol).

9. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i just noticed but you could say Maris current situation was hinted at very early on, she killed kanata for killing her mom and who else puts big importans on his mom? van.... i know it is very far fetched but it does work, as she is supposed to be a full DM. the only one they were able to create.

hillo315 likes this.
  10. Szmiiit

Reading List:
    Link
    Should we use LDA as limited death attribute acronim?

YES!:blobcat_hyper:
    (I like the idea since it implies Van messing with people of orgin as "technically Braver")
    That is for LDA users.

That is... Wow. If that would be true, the DA gets weirder and weirder.

hillo315 likes this.
  11. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool:

No. No-attribute magic does not use any attribute. It's just pure mana.

That's a bizarre turn of events. Everyone is at home. Then suddenly, up, up, and away! Off they go to Africa. :blobxd:

Of all the things the neighbor could have done, he filmed and recorded the attack? That doesn't sound very neighborly of him, but I suppose it would have gone viral anyway.

Metamorph has arrived to save the day!

Is "Black Maria" a reference to anything in particular, or is it just a cool codename?

That's an odd assumption to make. Hiroto should be fine with his luck, cheats, and experience... but how is Druid safe?

Well, no surprise there. :blobpopcorn_cool:

Rodcorte must be banging his head on the nearest wall analogue.

Van: "Bye, Johnny! I'll be waiting for you in the next life! Bring your extra-brown pants this time."

Good. No tragic misunderstandings, then.

Witness 1: *points up* "A weird monster called Banda just got into a car. And the car started flying."
    Witness 2: *glances up* "Ah. So it is."
    Witness 1: "But why can the car fly?!"
    Witness 2: "Maybe Banda is dhampir?" :blobhyperthink:

Van is doomed to be worshipped as a god wherever he goes. It is inevitable. I blame the Demiurge job.

Nah. Like any respectable Demon King, he'll assimilate the foreign elements in his soul and usurp all of Origin's religions.

Maybe Van would start being influenced by the beliefs of the people of Origin? If nothing else, the divine protection should get a bit stronger.

That Banda was the undead. The undead is no more. Long live Vandalieu.

How will Hiroto react to this disturbing news? Find out next time! :blobpopcorn:

Why the black text? :blobexpressionless:

We could probably figure out the name from the magic he can use.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sahadeva

That is adorable in the creepiest way. Death Mage, everyone.

"The soul you are trying to reach is currently unavailable. Please call again when he feels more faithful or enters your domain." *click*

Metamorph: *shows Hiroto a few volumes of Death Mage* "Read this. It will explain everything."

If Mei and Metamorph are going to stay alive on Origin, they will probably end up starting a cult, along with everyone else who received Van's divine protection.

How has Van not learned how to do this yet?! How can he not warp reality at will?!

Let's see... How about Medjed? :V

Bla8bla, NekoMK2, mai.rain and 2 others like this.
  12. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    Was quite tired at the moment, so I was just venting. Too much work, and boring work, and lost time with commuting, and feeling sleepy, and couldn't get a seat in the train, AAAAAARGH, see why? My main comfort is that all this will be gone by the end of next week. Also Loki alerted me for the "Work in progress" part, already took it down. It was finished the moment I posted it was done.

I meant the "Dah Ron" name, I mean, I have no idea about hindi names, or maybe chinese? Now that I think about it, Shen Long is called Shenron in japanese, I finally noticed why I thought his name was chinese, so basically, his name could be something like "Da Long" or something, but I have no idea about chinese and hindi names. (Unless they appear in Three Kingdoms, I guess we do have the likes of Ma Dai and Daqiao [though it's not her real name]). I changed to Da Long for now.

In regards to Sahadeva, it was a kanji name, I looked into it and there I found Sahadeva, I didn't not look too much into it, as I was busy.

Bla8bla and hillo315 like this.
  13. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My guess would be Black Mamba, which is a "Kill Bill" reference.

Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  14. Szmiiit

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

15. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When did Van get so many followers/allies/believers from the bravers?

Nakakure and hillo315 like this.
  16. mai.rain

mai.rain Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    when he visited the dreams of the suffering(?) on origin when he went to visit there god, he 'healed' a lot of there trauma (or stabilised there minds) and i believe a lot of the bravers have been worn down from all the death they had to witness

hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  17. Szmiiit

Reading List:
    Link
    So far there are only two Combat Maids Babysitters - Echo and Druid.
    I'm not counting Maria since she became a death mage.

hillo315 likes this.
  18. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From the SMT wiki (since nothing else recognize it existance apparently):

Also, I remember reading somewhere that in some churches there is a little small statue hidden in shadowy places that are also called Black Marias.

Mei: ":blobtriumph:Go~ Me's stand!"
    Banda: ":blobReach:Shine Shine Shine Shine Shine Shine Shine Shine Shine Shine Shine! Shine!"
    Mei: ":aww:Banda, so cool!"
    Hiroshi: ":blobexpressionless:What are you doing, you two?"
    Mei/Banda: ":blobhighfive:Pancakes!"

Bla8bla, Nakakure, hillo315 and 3 others like this.
  19. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Author has confirmed that to Metamorph, "Mama" = Mei. This helps Metamorph's mental stability.

Regarding why Bander would consider Druid to be okay or at least less in need of rescue than Narumi, perhaps it's because Van/Bander likely lent him some magic equipment. Well, we never saw it specifically but we did see Van working on such things in general.

So far, things are going very bad for Avalon. 4 of the evil Bravers on his side are already dead. No "good" Bravers have died yet but I imagine there'll be some. Depending on the scale of the attacks on them, it could be quite a lot, just not ones around named characters.

Regarding Gabriel, it seems he/she can only cause mutations within the targets body by making an announcement, not causing anything to happen with an announcement.

ssj4maiko, Claus, Bla8bla and 5 others like this.
  20. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Children this days mature so fast:blobsmilehappy:

Okay, hand up who else forgot he mentioned that?

That... non-intuitive naming:blobunsure:, I mean, you could say that Gabriel is God's personal IM or in other words "announce" mesagges from God, but the whole cause mutations with it is weird namewise.

hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.