LCD Abyss Domination

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Serra, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Cataporozo

Cataporozo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont think you need bloodline awakening to 'become' a sorcerer

2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Given his Able Learner ability, it would be extremely helpful to him to learn absolutely all of the level 0 spells, even if he didn't add all of them to his mental spell book. Just understanding all of their models would likely drastically increase his speed of comprehension for any level 1+ spells he encounters. Plus, they're relatively cheap, so it's likely the most efficient way to train as well.

A level nine spell is only worth about 50k xp? That seems a bit lack luster considering the difficulty in acquiring and learning it.

Perhaps I misunderstood that section of the story then. I admit I was basically skimming large chunks of the exposition due to it being mostly irrelevant.

KidBuu likes this.
  3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "each netting around 30 Gold Derahls. It was a pretty small sum even with just the two of them" It feels like the author, or possibly the MC, is losing his sense of the value of money. As described up to this point, 30 gold is a lot of money for the average person, more than enough for them to live for years without working. It's already astonishing that a group of gnolls had that much gold on them.

"The army’s already sent their wizards over." Didn't it make a big deal about the army not having any wizards due to the low pay, high risk nature of the work?

Why would there be a half-elven army? It doesn't sound like it was a group formed via discrimination, but it also seems extremely unlikely that a nation would be formed based on being half-elven. How would they even decide if your children's children's children were still "half" elven?

So, absolutely nothing happened that couldn't have been covered in a paragraph or less without a drop in quality. I'm beginning to wonder if this is one of those series that you're best off ignoring for 50-100 chapters and then binging. If so, then the update speed is too slow. You'd basically only read the series once a year.

ElefantVerd likes this.
  4. SaltyTank

SaltyTank Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The army hired the wizards as mercenaries, so calling the mobilised wizards "the army's wizards" in idle chat between adventurers isn't that big of a deal because they know how things work already.
    It was mentioned in previous chapters that Autumnfall was a city that mainly had half-elves as citizens. It was also explained that "half-elves" was a term that referred to 'humans' who had elven blood in their bloodline and still had elven features/characteristics. Soran is technically 1/8th of an elf, but he is still considered as a 'half-elf' because he has night vision just like the elves.

Well I'm sorry about that. Translating takes time and effort, and I have other things to do apart from translating. Again, I apologise for being slow but there's not much I can do about it apart from trying to release faster, in which I'm already trying my best right now.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    No need to be sorry about it. No one's paying you to do the translations as far as I know, and the real problem is the author's insistence on pursuing word count over quality, which isn't your fault in the slightest.

6. Radon Stone

Radon Stone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How would you know this in the first place?

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, if you want to find out, you can just check on the translator's website. They'd have something somewhere asking for donations, usually on the page that NU links to. I just don't remember if this particular translator does, and am assuming that they don't.

8. Poor_Hero

Poor_Hero your hope is crushed under the flag of "REALITY"

Reading List:
    Link
    vivian's living every man's dream o.o

9. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    In most fantasy stories half-elves are discriminated against by the regular elves. Elves are usually prideful of their heritage and depending on the level of hatred in the story will act against people they see below them. I believe in this story it was stated that the half-elves were not allowed to live in one of the main elven kingdom so they made a city outside of it.

Elves are considered very pretty and are desired for a certain type of slave *wink wink*. However, the elf kingdoms are usually very protective of their people and if you kidnap one they will come after you. So a compromise would be to kidnap half-elves. They still have some of the beauty of elves but without the bloodshed from taking them. Would the half-elves allow themselves to be kidnapped? No, so they will make an army to defend themselves against slavers and other threats. Hence a half-elf army. . . Personally I don't think it needs to be called a half-elf army since its kind of obvious. A city made up of half-elves will probably have an army to reflect that. Its not like they have a bunch of dwarves fighting for them.

Edit: Just noticed someone else said this so yea. . .

Astaroth likes this.
  10. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    So a sorcerer can have magical talent and a higher learning rate before they awaken their bloodline but their magic inheritance will not come into effect until the awakening. So for example a sorcerer from a dragon bloodline family would have a stronger affinity with fire magic before the awakening but would not be able to use draconic spells until they fully awaken.

Really the whole thing on sorcerer awakenings and if a person is a sorcerer depends on the family/clan that the individual belongs to. Are they a strict clan that does not see a person deserving of that name until they awaken or are they more laid back with it all. With how Soran treats Vivian he will probably see her as a sorcerer even if she doesn't truly awaken her powers.

Astaroth likes this.
  11. shuiko

shuiko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh... I miss this one as well...

12. shuiko

shuiko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    someone save usssssssssssssssssss and pick this up T.T

13. SaltyTank

SaltyTank Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe WN will be continuing this series, though I am uncertain and cannot promise anything because I'm no longer translating it.

14. Tinshu

Tinshu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's back baby

15. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Well that's nice

16. The Other Jenny

The Other Jenny New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what a fun read so far! love the DND touch it got!

17. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't realize that the novel was still being translated on Webnovel, currently up to chapter 400 or w/e.

I probably won't read it myself for one reason or another (already read it in MTL years ago), but I'd highly recommend this novel. I know a lot of people hate on the info dumps but imo it's not that bad, at least not when binge reading, and if you absolutely can't stomach the infodumps then skim read them.

The rest of the novel is well worth a read.

18. checkman123

checkman123 [Nez] [The Bystander][RAWR FEAR ME]

Reading List:
    Link
    What happen to this novel translation? Stopped for a few months now.

ReMark and Astaroth like this.
  19. firefox1234

firefox1234 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its owned by QI/Webnovel so its probably been dropped, most likely never to be picked up again. Machine translations are probably your only option.

ReMark likes this.
  20. checkman123

checkman123 [Nez] [The Bystander][RAWR FEAR ME]

Reading List:
    Link
    dam that's sad TT^TT

ReMark likes this.