Spoiler Kusuriya no Hitorigoto

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Pandababa, Jun 15, 2017.

1. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    If he had a kid then the kid will be more prone to death

crystalleciel and Dvenger like this.
  2. errantknight

errantknight Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhhhh! That's a massive spoiler. You should put it behind a spoiler tag. Argh! Oh wait, the whole thread is spoiler tagged... Didn't see that because I followed a link here. Welp, that's unfortunate.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    shadowland and Viliel like this.
  3. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. Its true especially in a harem system. But that's why he has four consorts and all those concubines and lower ranking wives. The idea is to have more children since children even in those days can die naturally (because of disease) and the likelihood they will grow in their maturity is almost nil. Quality of life wasn't great back then. Of course, he might have a fave consort or two, but the idea is to get as many children as he can. Coz even his sons by his empress might not gonna live or is barren. Also, Emperor is bound by the Confucian thing - kinda like the emperor and his consorts are likened to a pot and the consorts are teacups.

komo komo likes this.
  4. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry, I forgot. Already edited.
    another note, actually in WN, it is not revealed...but I think it is implied somewhere??

5. knthrms

knthrms Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Complains about spoilers in a spoiler thread. I mean really?

6. apricotsoda

apricotsoda Shy Shy Shy

Reading List:
    Link
    actually in the light novel (someone has translate random chapter from there). That Jinshi is actually Emperor's son but when he still baby, A Duo exchange him with Empress Dowager's son. Empress Dowager too know about this as she actually kind of hated her just born son (she prefer grandson over son I think, and plus I think she kind of hated former emperor). And I remember Maomao think that A Duo similar to Jinshi, and now she became Jinshi's body double.

7. errantknight

Reading List:
    Link
    ...Why...did you repeat the spoiler I complained about seeing in more detail so I got notified to read it again, lol? Not that I can forget seeing something I didn't want to and be unspoiled, but still....

8. errantknight

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, yeah. I explained that I followed a link to a post and so didn't see the title. Sadly, the plot is ruined, but that's how it goes. I'll avoid links to the forum in future.

9. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone explain more about the mom???

10. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    Why did she treat the MC like that to the point she's traumatized?

11. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    Whose mom? maomao's mom?

What I know is that she is the former star of the brothel Maomao was working on and she got pregnant by Ran (the father she will meet in the later chapters)
    Since she got pregnant, and well abandoned by the said military genius in the brothel, the brothel, and the madam took care of her and maomao until she died. Maomao was accepted to be a maid in the brothel to pay off the debt incurred when her mother stopped working and Maomao's daily expenses. This is also the reason why the Madam was adamant that maomao became one of the brothel's stars.

12. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    no wonder maomao's mom is so bitter. she was living fine until that high ranking guy came around. then he screws her over and she's unable to work. no wonder she went a bit nutso.

Viliel likes this.
  13. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    I think she was in love with her and he was also quite smitten. But as a military genius, I think he didn't really care about their encounter at the brothel. I am not sure but he could have purchased her like Jinshi did for Maomao (she was the star courtesan so she might be pricey) and get a family but he left her there, IIRC, she sent Maomao's fingernail to Ran's family but I didn't if anything happened after that. Then, when Ran (Maomao's father) shows up, he suddenly wants Maomao to be in the family. Thank God, Maomao has his own sense and outright refused him. Although maybe not for long.

14. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't blame her for refusing. I mean this guy is a lot of trouble. He only wants to be "family" when its convenient for him.

Viliel likes this.
  15. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    more like even if he is genius, his situation is not as good as he is now. If I am not remember it wrong, it is hinted that he was busy at that time/got send away(the clan thing is messy, what with him as a weirdo among some normals people). And when he come back, all he got was the letter and some wood like object (aka their already dried pinky).

In some snippet I read, in LN Maomao's mom still alive theb the weirdo bought her and married her. Sadly, later she died because of syphilis

comment: with how his face-blind sickness, I think that he can be quite over protective to the only thing that he can recognize. Make me remember of another face-blind character (from another novel) who is quite possessive to his wife as he can only recognize her and his mother's face

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  16. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    What novel is that?

17. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmm... if I say it, it can be quite spoiler to that novel as I think it is not revealed...ahem...
    it is
    Father, Mother Escaped Again
    O
    rambling : of course we can't compare him to the weirdo...cough but still their taste to woman is quite unique, eh? (of course weirdo's taste of woman is similar to Jinshi's hmmm)

18. SummerForest

SummerForest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't it already evident? XD

Dvenger and Viliel like this.
  19. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. I remember about a very messy clan things but I didnt dig deeper coz I want to read the parts on Jinshi being found out. Though it is very amusing - Jinshi and Ran - trying to win over Maomao when she only pays attention to poisons.

Then when she did get posioned, they all went fullprotection mode

20. Veene

Veene Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone know the end of Jinshi and Mao2 relationship???