Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. NekoMK2

NekoMK2 Lazy cat, [self proclaimed GM_Rusaku Disciples]

Reading List:
    Link
    since jemini and kari talking about origin gods created their own ring of reincarnation, kinda curious about other God/s who also in this business other than rodcorte. like in first chapter how rody talking about how he heard something about reincarnating the soul from kinda advance civilization world to another world who rather low in civilization to promote growth. from the look of it there actually still many world other than 4 known world so far.
    the way the story goes there possibility Van will soul crush Rody kinda high will this have any effect that might stir other gods from different worlds

hillo315, Bla8bla and Claus like this.
  2. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn you Author, LOL. Jk .
    I think he using it to refuse Quest that he didn't really like.

hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  3. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Longer term, I don't see any need for Rodcorte to survive. Though it's possible that he'll be sealed instead.

Basically, if every world currently using Rodcorte's system creates their own alternative then Rodcorte is toast. But conversely, it would be really bad for Van to break Rodcorte's soul until such a thing is done - it would get a lot of gods pissed off at Van because it would disrupt their worlds (to some degree or other). So, a useful short-term solution would be to "seal" him and leave the maintenance of the system to the 3 angels.

Ironically, if this theory of Rodcorte loading the DK's soul into Avalon and launching him at Lambda to kill Van turns out to be true then Alda would possibly be willing to attack/seal Rodcorte, and given Alda's powers then that would be quite plausible.

4. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As flattering as I find it that you seem to confuse all the big ideas on this page as coming from Kari and I, the credit here is miss-attributed. It was sjmcc13 who brought this subject up this time around. Kari and I were talking about the Hiroto - Heinz comparison and stuff about DA and Origin.

hillo315, NekoMK2 and kari-no-sugata like this.
  5. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. They figured out he had a lot of mana before they figured out he had death attribute (or came up with the death attribute theory). I don't see how that was possible unless they could passively measure it.

It'll be interesting to see what Heinz thinks about Schneider, given that Schneider had publicly come out as being a Vida believer. Also, what the people in general think.

But yes, Schneider does make Heinz look like weak sauce. When Heinz first shifted to the "harmony" side he didn't have much competition - there weren't any well known and highly respected adventurers with the same position (that we know of). So purely in terms of public perception he was an outlier and due to his public achievements (some of which were false) he was treated as a hero. So he might have seen himself as being quite radical and progressive but compared to the "real McCoy" (Van and Schneider) he clearly comes up short.

hillo315, Bla8bla, Nakakure and 2 others like this.
  6. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    As an author, if you're not messing with reader expectations to some degree then you're not doing your job properly :blobowoevil:

Of course, the trick is to make sure that the actual events are interesting - there's no point in messing with expectations just for the sake of it. We'll have to wait and see how well the author pulls that off in this regard (Narumi and Van).

7. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    As nice as that would be (plus a nice kick to Hiroto's ego imho), I kinda see Mei and Van being more plausible at this point (when Mei fully matures and decides to join Van in Lambda or dies naturally and goes to Lambda via Van's Guidance and Vida's cycle.

Still sticking to the Van-Narumi though, just tossing out a bit more realistic as like you stated, the author said Narumi is just a 'false heroine'/red herring.

Nakakure likes this.
  8. Nimitz

Nimitz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just check, we are now surpass the translated forum. :blobparty:

hillo315, Szmiiit, Bla8bla and 3 others like this.
  9. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd like to thank @FussyBadger for this opportunity. I'd also like to thank the many contributors who have posted to this thread. If I missed anyone who deserves to be thanked please tag yourself in your own comment.

Without all of you this glorious day wouldn't be possible

hillo315, Szmiiit, Nakakure and 3 others like this.
  10. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

11. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How much of that thread is a certain users image/video spam posts?

12. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    I generally don't mind it but wish they used the spoiler tag more for hiding images. They have a great imagination

hillo315 likes this.
  13. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    Never to young to ship huh?

More seriously, if Mei stays on Origin (as seems likely) then I think this is quite unlikely, even if we ignore other aspects.

More generally, I think Van sees Mei as more like a god-daughter and I don't get the sense that Mei's tending towards romantic feelings for Van either. I don't think we're that likely to see romance between Van and those he considers his daughters (like Pauvina). Who knows though. Given the weird creation myths stuff the author has been happy to throw around anything could happen.

hillo315, Szmiiit, NekoMK2 and 4 others like this.
  14. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    Who's going to be Van's Athena then?

hillo315, Nakakure and Reman Scimitar like this.
  15. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Was thinking more like when she ages a bit (say 18) and has a choice or if she dies naturally and goes to Lambda (Vida's circle with Van's Guidance) also this would let her grow emotionally as she's still a child atm... but like you stated there are quite a few weird myths.

Nakakure likes this.
  16. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    Pauvina is sister, and while I agree with you in the rest, another part of Van is that he is very passive. Pauvina is very proactive on him, hence why it's easy to see her as a waifu. We would need to wait to see Mei's reactions once she is older, in whatever situation she is at that moment. Maybe Banda would need to leave because the main body needs every ounce of strength it needs and her future is almost fully secured, maybe she would cry and want to go with him by that time or something, well, <insert drama when your best friend, teacher and protector needs to leave and you can't do anything to help him>.

hillo315, toxinpsd and Bla8bla like this.
  17. NekoMK2

NekoMK2 Lazy cat, [self proclaimed GM_Rusaku Disciples]

Reading List:
    Link
    ah i misread Kari to sjmcc13 reply then since that one with Origin own reincarnation kinda close with his reply to you Heinz-Hiroto comparison:blobpats:

creating their own reincarnation circle so no idiot messing with their world like how origin and lambda is :aww:

18. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do not remember bring the circles up, just replying to a comment where they were already mentioned.

hillo315, Reman Scimitar and toxinpsd like this.
  19. toxinpsd

toxinpsd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Quick question
    would hiroto,narumi,mei and everyone that befriended banda would they reincarnated to lambda and become a vida's race?

hillo315 and Nakakure like this.
  20. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    Hard to say. While we know that some (like Mei) have exited Rodcorte's reincarnation system we don't know if their souls have entered Vida's system. Van would probably be able to manually reincarnate their souls though.

hillo315, Bla8bla and toxinpsd like this.