Discussion That One Genius Thing You Did As A Child

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GDLiZy, Apr 28, 2019.

1. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    So I came across a familiar image that brought back the memory.
    [​IMG]
    Then, I remember that I used to play an Aerostar type of game ( Not really Aerostar but I can't find the name of the game. )

However, I suck ass at it so much that I stopped playing the game and did some shit and accidentally open its console option...? ( I couldn't remember shit but it's lines of codes, and I am very young that I didn't know anything on the page. ) I played with the options for some times, doing the classic trail and error. Then end up making my plane immortal with infinite ammo. I played that game for so long but never finish it cause the battery kept dying so I have to close it to charge it.

So, what is the weird thing you do when you are a kid but it's actually quite impressive?

Deleted member 41274 likes this.
  2. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    Seriously you edited the line of code and somehow ended up becoming OPo_O

As for me, i sucked at these games but was pretty good at pc games. Now onto the main talk. Well you see my sister always won the games and teased me so one day i ended up destroying the game set directly and so i never again lost again against her. Genius right:blob_sunglasses::blob_coffee:

BattleNoob, Ak0w and GDLiZy like this.
  3. Corner Guy

Corner Guy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I was like 8, I somehow ended up figuring out my dad's password to the computer, trial and erroring keywords numbers letters and symbols. I was very proud of myself, till I got caught, and then the password got changed.

BattleNoob, HoneyKiss, Liola and 8 others like this.
  4. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't underestimate how stubborn I am.

HoneyKiss likes this.
  5. Crywolf641

Crywolf641 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I was 8 and I asked my dad what was sex. Smartest thing I ever did at the time.
    :blobpopcorn:
    I got scolded though and asked where I heard that word from or where. Was 8 god damn i was too pure to not even know p*rn and Anime at that time. This is legit by the way no BS :blobReach:

BattleNoob, Shiksha_12 and GDLiZy like this.
  6. Expatamoeba

Expatamoeba Have eyes but still couldn't see Mount Tai

Reading List:
    Link
    When I was a kid I spent all of my time living without having a phone or an internet connection. A feat I found impossible for me to repeat today.

Oh and I completed reading 7 volumes of encyclopedia I borrowed from the school library.

7. ru5ty

ru5ty Citizen of MILF Kingdom

Reading List:
    Link
    go to safe mode windows to by pass the password

Shiksha_12 and GDLiZy like this.
  8. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to have pretty much perfect accuracy in games when I was a child, it was so good I could shoot things down even if their were single pixels on the screen for fraction of a second.

I got so good from playing Star Quest I in the 27th Century, that when I played any other jet game I was like a complete cheat being able to dodge everything, even things many thought impossible without ever slowing down once. Yes, I played all jet games at max speed (even if I had to enter tunnels or fight bosses in cramped areas where you are suppose to hide, I dodged them all), all enemies died as single pixels on the screen.

That said, I never actually finished Star Quest I in the 27th Century, why? Because I got stuck at a level where there was a weird enemy that traveled 3X the speed of light that would seek you out and kill you. I tried fighting him by going at 4X the speed of light (your not suppose to fight even at 1X speed of light as it is mostly meant for travel, but I had such skill that I could shoot them down even at speed of light). But no matter how many times I shot them, they wouldn't die! I'm positive I hit them and they wouldn't die so I gave up on the game as it was impossible. It frustrated me to no end on how ridiculous developers set the difficulty of that level.

Then as an adult I tried to play that game just to see for fun, obviously my skill level was terrible but I managed to get to that level I couldn't beat and beat it with ease. How? Well apparently despite having ace level skills in jet games, I failed to get the most difficult 2 skills as a child: 1) Patience, 2) Reading, your actually suppose to bring supplies from place 1 to place 2 before the heat seeking nuke arrives. The "genius" me at the time thought I should go fight the indestructible nuke at light speed.

But other than that, I envy the skills I had at the time...

(I also cracked some software and websites to get content for free, though I did not distribute the stuff nor did I abuse it to cause any harm to anyone, but I don't consider it that impressive, I think just many software is poorly made, my jet skills though were impressive)

GDLiZy likes this.
  9. PotatoZero

PotatoZero Well-known Potato

Reading List:
    Link
    What's encyclopaedia?
    (That's half a joke and another half me actually forgot what encyclopaedia is)

10. listener

listener Tony's Friend

Reading List:
    Link
    when i was kid, i got broken the dead flip phone from my sister, but after throwing it to the floor multiple times, miraculously it can be turn on again, even though only one month, it still can be used normally, but after it, dead forever, even though i tried throwing it to the floor again multiple times..., it can't be turn on anymore :blobphone:

11. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, those were the days. They lock the PC with a windows password so you bypass it, they then lock the pc via bios password, so you take apart the pc and alter the jumpers to disable bios password, they then convert the primary drive to an swappable drive and take it with them, so you boot via floppy OS.

Then they accept reality and give up.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    BattleNoob, Elkon and GDLiZy like this.
  12. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I proved a teacher wrong in front of the whole class. I wasn't a smart student, but for some reason that I don't remember, I knew about that particular topic and knew the teacher was wrong. I think my brother talked about it the day before or I read something off the internet. Anyway, I ended up being right and looked really cool in front of the class.

Elkon, kfahad and GDLiZy like this.
  13. An Anime Addict

Reading List:
    Link
    This. This is what you call true genius:blobjoy:

14. listener

listener Tony's Friend

Reading List:
    Link
    Time Travel ? :aww:

15. listener

listener Tony's Friend

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_grin::blob_grin::blob_grin::blob_grin: it's work on dead or blur screen CRT TV too, you just only need hit it hard to fix the problem ,

Deleted member 41274 and ru5ty like this.
  16. Jsansor

Jsansor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the one genius thing i did was finding out what p**n was in 3rd grade. I decided to search the one word i did not know because of Standardised Test Scantrons in Houston kept saying what my sex was male or female. And as such I found the magical land of p**n.

17. An Anime Addict

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol i know. I did the same thing with my old laptop when it stopped working and somehow it started working again lol:blobjoy::blobjoy:

listener likes this.
  18. ru5ty

Reading List:
    Link
    ahh it ended up with my parents sold the pc and i eventually stole one

19. ru5ty

Reading List:
    Link
    we used to have an old crt tv that need to be smacked to turn it on

listener likes this.
  20. BarryKaizer

BarryKaizer your crazy fairy godmother of death

Reading List:
    Link
    developed toe strength so could walk upsidedown while climbing trees this was before naruto but still thought was ninja too bad could never get the scarf to defy gravity