LCD Talisman Emperor

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Awe 128, Sep 10, 2017.

1. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch-800:
    There's an impending invasion of the 3 dimensions by the Xeno-races and yet, everyone still has such insular thinking: kill anyone who's stronger than us.

2. Invisalats

Invisalats The Bearded One

Reading List:
    Link
    That's cause people are selfish. Most of the time in these novels that's the motivation for all conflict, they are selfish which also comes off as greedy. Selfish people are usually arrogant and unreasonable and will do anything to get what they believe they deserve. They also tend to lash out anytime they are made to look bad because it is counter to their desires.

3. VixenKiss

VixenKiss Machiavelli the Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    MC's big brother attitude towards Wen Tianxiao or whatever his name is is starting to seriously get on my nerves.
    You've met the guy for like a day, he and other girl left you when you were in the talisman tower, you repay his astronomical debt (and therefore saving his life), and now you want to stagnate the plot even further by going back and saving him again? OMGGG
    All this guy does is cause trouble, he's literally done nothing that warrants this much protection and care from Chen Xi, they aren't even from the same origin. He's supposed to be a genius from a super sect, I'm 100% positive he has many life saving cards, just leave him be. ughhh
    /rant

4. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you. I also didn't see any particular qualities in Wen Tianxiao that would have endeared him to Chen Xi or anyone else. He was just a plot point.

5. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    ch-917:
    C'mon. :blobReach: Yeah, a regularly occurring event loses it's excitement value after a while, but these are Heavenly Tribulations! Even if the disciples aren't anywhere close to having one of their own, they can still observe and feel some of its fringe effects. How can they just let go of these opportunities for comprehension? :blobangery:

6. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    c924: Everybody knows that Chen Xi is an 8th level Earthly Immortal Realm expert, yet Bing Shitian actually had his sect's disciples try to stop him? :blobawkward: :facepalm: Shouldn't just his aura have been enough to cower them all? Why did he think cannon fodder would be of any use?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  7. Invisalats

Invisalats The Bearded One

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not liking the trend of events as of 926...

8. Sangnz

Sangnz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No spoilers but you don't have to worry.

9. Charlessssssss

Charlessssssss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you :)

10. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    ch-953:
    :blobunsure: :hmm: :blobpats: :blobthinkingsmirk: :blobReach:

11. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    ch-971:
    How can being a non-participant be equivalent to venting one's animosity? :blobawkward:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  12. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    ch-1136:
    One has to pass all 3 tests to attend the Dao Emperor Academy? I was under the impression that as long as you could pass the first test, you were in.

I thought the 3 tests were for adjusting your ranking, ie 1st test = current combat potential, 2nd test = practical combat ability, and 3rd test = theoretical focused cultivation+combat capability.

13. Sparty09

Sparty09 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The purpose of the first test is to rank all 1000 people that is applying to enter the academy, 2nd test is to cut down the number of applicants while tempering them at the same time and I'm going to assume that the third test is to further cut down those allowed to enter as well as gauging out their combat prowess among them.

14. Ixiaz

Ixiaz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    #chapter 1170

Why is he so amazed by the combined price of 340m starpoints for the River Diagram fragment and the chaotic source thing? Even if he stayed as number 1 ranked outer court disciple and got the 100,000 points per month reward he'd only need to stay there for 283 years, which we all know is "nothing" to the average cultivator. Unless everyone before him were actually were talentless hacks it should have been bought out a looooong time ago, not to mention how inner court or personal disciples earn 10x as much just by virtue of the authors usual "look at how amazing these numbers are for arbitrary reasons".

Every time author uses numbers they inflate more and more to the point of meaninglessness

15. letswait

letswait Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Inflation of numbers is one thing, but I would guess that the price is there just to show to the
    general public that they have it, not for purchase.
    Most likely they're obtainable by satisfying some sort of condition, rather than payment.

I believe some other novel did the above too (maybe not by the same author)..

16. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sure Chen Xi will learn that there are several recurring expenses to drain Starpoints from the students "for motivation".

fukayuu69 likes this.
  17. pothb

pothb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Red herring with the zhouqiu ancestor anyone?

That said, I think it's one of those double twists. Instead of assassination, because its probably beneath him and all that jazz, he's just gonna ruin his dao heart and make him weaker or whatever, so the juniors can. And of course, fail, because mc has got plot armor, and dao heart attacks imo, are usually dumb.

18. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch-1360+
    The author had been heavily padding the last few chapters with constant recapping Chen Xi's achievements. :blobdead:

19. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    ch-1419: :eek: *gasp*
    Such revelations!

20. letswait

letswait Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1420-21 -- Ooops. :p