Question How many of you go to ScribbleHub?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by UnknownSaint171, Apr 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I pop on there every day for the daily chapter of Garden of Amy by Khiricastares.
    Most of the other novels i'd read, i already read on other places like RR or i'm waiting for more chapters to build up before i start reading or a few stories on hiatus currently.

2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a novel in it, though I only wrote the first chapter.

I'm barely reading anything nowadays though, so I didn't even touch the novels there.

And I'm not active on the forums either, though that's due to personal reasons.

UnknownSaint171 likes this.
  3. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Could those personal reasons have something to do with how active you are on THESE forums? Seriously, I do not think I have ever seen as high a messages or likes count on anyone's profile here except for yours.

(Then again, I don't really explore around these forums that much, just go to the LCD of a few of my select favorite series.)

4. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
    I pretty much went there to make an account then did nothing after that XD

Donutmindme likes this.
  5. Karyehs

Karyehs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I go there from time to time, just to leave disappointed without finding any interesting (and new) to read.

And most novels on that site only have a few chapters out, so I am reluctant to invest time into them, just to wait for weeks for an arc to be finished like a crack addict.

6. Living Dream

Living Dream Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Svalinn

Svalinn [IMG][/IMG]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't tried creating an account but the site said they're not open for registration or something of the sort, I felt rejected.

8. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    There is one person with a higher like count than me on NUF, though I am on the top of messages~
    And yeah, I'm a total NUF addict! xD

But no, not directly related to how active I am at NUF, I'm active at another forum besides this one.

9. Kuro_0ni

Kuro_0ni Cocooned in a Life transition

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda go over there when I'm not busy and I need a little break from translations and want something different

10. Causal Reader

Causal Reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess a lot more often nowadays at least once a day.

11. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    I only post chapters there and respond to comments. Don't have time to start reading something new, but hope to in the future.

At this point, a lot of the stories are going to be same ones as on RRL, WN or etc due to the newness of it. With time some exclusives will show up, but it'll probably be a while.

Overall, from a readers perspective, one thing SH has going for it is the vast NU tags. If I were going to start reading, the tags would probably help. But that is for power users mostly, for most people probably basic tags are enough. Other things I would like to see is content search. But again, a power user feature.

As for novels being addicted, as mentioned the novel ratings are also in their early phase. On RRL, most of the worse quality stuff goes to the bottom while higher quality stuff stays on top. This lets people filter out things easier in terms of quality. SH is a bit too new so a few ratings one way or the other can influence a novel's rating quite a bit. And yes, people with established fan bases can bring up your novel's rating. But this should be addressed with time. I mean as far as readers go, I'm 1:4 for SH vs RRL.

12. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai-chan write stories there. Two stories only exist on Scribblehub and another site. Come to think of it, Ai-chan wonders what happened to Ai-chan's account over there. Will get to it after Ai-chan is done with work. Ai-chan is so busy.

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/1792/seven-years-of-hope/
    - Lesbian, Fantasy, Second Chance, Tragedy
    https://www.scribblehub.com/series/2148/hero-princess/
    - Comedy, Fantasy, Gender bender
    https://www.scribblehub.com/series/2496/age-of-gods-online/
    - Fantasy, Isekai, Magic, God Protagonist
    https://www.scribblehub.com/series/13421/the-hounds-of-hell/
    - Isekai, Guro, Tragedy, Incest

Ai-chan wants to release the next chapter of Hounds of Hell, but has been too busy with work. Probably will get something finalized by monday.

Donutmindme and Moonpearl like this.
  13. Insanityplea

Insanityplea *Head Tilt*....*Fart*

Reading List:
    Link
    No.

I dont want to find something then see it die in a fire of writers block :( A bit of a twisted reason but as iv had my share of dead translations cause "dropped" writing a book from scratch is shit tons harder (I know, iv tried). So I guess I DO go there but I only browse to see if anything seems like its...done. :(

14. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Every time I go there, I'll post a title saying something along the line "I forgot this exists".

15. Donutmindme

Donutmindme [dounut][Zodiac:Golden snake][PROcrastinator]

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m the same. (I keep avoiding responsibility too, and I haven’t updated since February or January....)
    But definitely do visit there and read some stuff. And organize my reading lists so that it’s not messy like the one I have in NU... very messy.

tak likes this.
  16. Pierrot

Pierrot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm also looking for a place to put up my writings in the future, so this is very helpful. Thanks!

I'm pretty new to online novels and it's my first time hearing about Scribble. Thanks for starting a thread and asking about it. :)

17. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I happen to be a poster of original SH exclusive content. Found SH through NU via the featured content over here, and so that's where I decided to start posting when I wanted to start writing. I think my content's pretty good, my readers certainly seem to think so. (You can see for yourself.)

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/16995/second-life-as-the-sister-of-a-goddess/

I only found out about RRL recently, from this thread as a matter of fact. I've been trying to poke around. I like the statistics functions that SH gives you, is there any way to check out the same kinds of features over on RRL? Because I would kinda like to know how their featured series rating system works so I know how best to introduce my series over there once I start doing so. Currently my release schedule and such are more tailored toward SH's model.

18. Magnatia

Magnatia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't, maybe I will. Need to find free time first...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.