Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm thinking that how it usually ends, and it's not a spoiler - just a quote from OP in pickup thread:

2. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I totally forgot about OP saying the end.
    "The best part is that she won’t forget the feelings she felt with the individual females lords even after completing the task."

In good way, they are not forgotten.
    In bad way, it's like a girlfriend that can't forget her exs.

Ubik likes this.
  3. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmmm, there is maybe similar situation in another novel. There is a way in there to mix both to very good, one of example if person behind all FL is the same. And MC just meets different sides of ending FL character in different worlds.

4. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Also if you read the chapter. There is no mention of original world of MC nor any information about her before being transmigrated. I wonder if at the end they will go back to it.

Ubik likes this.
  5. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope I don't read the ending of "Female Mad Tyrant Cool" just TOC and part of first ark. Maybe will read to end of 1 world, but not more. So I couldn't answer your question.

6. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    You misunderstood. Read "the first translated chapter" and "see that there is no mention of original world or status of MC".

Keitaro123 and Ubik like this.
  7. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, there are only bits, right? MC was chosen for mission (so she is in kind of corporation that provide system) and passed training and training mission, something unusual happened (intentionally or not) and MC comes to current world.

p.s. kinda chuckled when system was thinking about trying to be better than popular danmei system

Keitaro123 and Moonpearl like this.
  8. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
    Keitaro123 likes this.
  9. Keitaro123

Keitaro123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Edited my last post~! Please look into it~!

Ubik likes this.
  10. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, tags made me interested to read it. If it will be translated of course. :blob_grin:
    And those tags were beyond common sense in second WN: "Harem, Magic, Slow Life, Yakuza, Elf, Yuri, Succubus" :blobdizzy:

Read rather new GB GL novels on SH, I wouldn't called them as recommended (not yet at least) - but those which should be mentioned and tried if it will seems to be interesting. Those are 2 chapter each:
    1) Black Witch from Another World
    A man by the name of Rin, a 30 something year old professional gamer, dies by accidental lightning from god while playing the VRMMO game, "Endless Swords and Magic" and wakes up in another world inside his girl main character Morus.

Now how do I rise up without people finding out my abilities?

He or she now carefully and cautiously lives in this new world without causing suspicion, chatting with god, and finding his purpose in this new world.
    Usual he becomes she with his former avatar in VRMMO on page 1. Tags kinda interesting so it has good potential.

2) Mouikkai Musume Mohitotsu
    In another timeline, Madoka experiences disturbing visions for weeks. He learns that these visions suggest that his life has far more significance than he could have imagined. The path of his life forks as supernatural beings suddenly surround him. He's changed forever.
    This one is from Rellawing, she made some GL novels already, one was mentioned by Sabruness before.
    Change of gender didn't come from the start but she already had some dreams from parallel world where she had a loved one as a girl. And she (from 2 chapter) has some relationship with goddess it seems.
    Once again it has good potential.

In ongoing Less Than Friends has new chapter, family of "scary" one was funny, even in how it was drawn :blobrofl:

Keitaro123 likes this.
  11. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Somehow i suddenly got the craving of seeing MC x yandere FL. I hope the quick transmigration tyrant will be translated soon.

12. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read first ark and start of 2 in MTL. It was rather not bad. In 1 world plot turned like I thought, until the end. Wish there were more fluffy moments... but plot settings of second one... I didn't expect that.
    Sorry, but I'll pass on this one. I liked KamiFan but couldn't get through even first chapter of this. Not mine cup of tea.

Keitaro123 likes this.
  14. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: May 10, 2019
    Ubik likes this.
  15. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tried? Nope. Read some good things? Yep! On steam it has good ratings and recommendation from "Hella Yuri" curator:
    I read that, couldn't call it as necessary to read. As all korean webtoons it has high level drama from nowhere. At least it doesn't ended as usual they like (for most of characters). Still reading was good, main pair was nice. Characters were evolving. And mentioning of old films as quotes or some scenes (author sure like them) give additional charm to it.

16. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep i read the ending, and nothing worth remember. But you say there are useless drama added ? Sigh... somehow i don't find it that shocking for a korean webtoon.

Ubik likes this.
  17. Keitaro123

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey ho~! I'm back from my ban on devices~ got scolded by my twin Elise for staying up late last time~ and to fulfill my previous words~ here you go~!

1. The Collar of Slavery ~ Days of shame that girls taste~ Author: Shameful Fucking.
    Tags: Girls Love, Heroine, Magic, Shame, Exposed, Aphrodisiac, Western, Yuri, Torture, Different World, Pretty Girl, Extraordinary, Peeing, Slave.
    Comment: Unlike the title suggesting dark themes~ it's a complete Yuri since only girls exist in that world~ and there are no violence so far through my session(chapter 18)~ it's about a character that unknowingly put on the beautifully decorated collar that is a magic item that only appeared once in history~ and because of that her best friend and other girls who has a crush on her decided to take this chance to have a taste at her defenseless state~! It's a great novel so far that I'm binging on reading it~!

2. It is a Highschool girl who has returned to the world after being incarcerated by Makai, but what is it?
    Author: Amagasaki.
    Tags: Girls Love, Female Protagonist, School, Futuristic, Cheat, Chuuni disease.
    Comment: it's about a 15 years old girl that supposedly died after being hit by a truck and reincarnated but wakes up in a hospital after winning the war against humans as a demon and returned home as a vacation~ though she became a Chuuni in the process which leads to her escaping from her home and continuous encounter with naughty ones-sans~! It's a good novel as the protagonist is always on the receiving side~ she is also a little petite from what I read~

3. When I defeated the Demon King, I became a girl and I felt like Yuri with everyone in the harem.
    Author: Assistant of Shimoyamada Nampura(or its Number 1 assistant of Shino Yamada
    Tags: Girls Love, Different World Transfer, TS, Yuri, Lesbian, Original, Cheat, Transexual, Different World, Fantasy, Harem.
    Comment: After defeating the Demon King~ Izumi, the Hero got hit by the curse of death by the Demon King at his final moments but his blessings/cheat saved him and turned him into a lvl1 beautiful girl and was announced dead by his will since her role as a hero is finished~ Also for the mormer harem members~ instead of getting discouraged by their hero turning into a weak girl~ They are rather loving her new cute look and slowly turning aggressive one-Chana~ it's a great novel if your into Femdom~ as the weak heroine always get eaten by her harem and always being loved by them~ it's one of my guilty pleasures of watching them fall into pleasure~ it's really great~

4. Until the Hero who only knows how to fight falls to be the Devil's wife-in-law(or maybe it's: The Hero who only knows how to fight until now falls to be the Demoness's Wife)
    Author: Panda's favorite food.
    Tags: Girls Love, Cruel Depictions, Different World, Fantasy, TS, Transexual, Hero, Demon King,Irritated?
    Comment: A cliché fight between humans and demons~ except this time~ the demons won and killed the hero~ but he wakes up in a room and sees that he is a silver haired bishoujo~ the Demon Lord who supposedly killed her tells her that she is going to be her wife from now on~ It was just released so there are only several chapters for now~ but from what I read~ it's going to be a great novel as the Heroine slowly falls in love with the Demoness by the way of pleasure acts that tickles my S side by a fair bit~!

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    Moonpearl, sirin423 and Ubik like this.
  18. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, usual korean ending is when in the end of it FL leave MC "for her own good" . Then suddenly met, or FL returns some year later. Usually that happened three year later, it most used length of separation (but there are exemptions, Serenade had 10 years). This trope so overused on level it became irritating. Back to story in question.
    I was rather in hurry when I wrote my opinion last time, so it will maybe been messy.
    Overall I will rate it 7/10. Big plus points - it didn't have "korean" ending. Main pair didn't have much really unnecessary drama. Minus points - it had drama ex machina. Mostly in second part of story after couple was stabilized. From nowhere comes friend of MC with description of her family problems. To FL has comes mother of her ex-girlfriend that ark was really unnecessary. It leads to mostly nowhere.
    Still overall it leave good aftertaste.
    I kinda now wonder will you get ban on devices again? this time it will be about of content that you read :blobrofl: .
    Seriously, there are quite interesting novels. :blobnosebleed:

In ongoing manga ones there are some new chapters for long time non-updating series, but mostly they are on drama side or strange ones.
    Still there is new one cute short oneshot from Yogentei - author of "A Yuri Manga Between a Delinquent and a Quiet Girl That Starts From a Misunderstanding"
    It is - Delinquent and Cooking Club

Ok, back to strange ones there is new chapter of "My Wish is to Fall In Love Until You Die" still thinking that series need same tags as Scarlet.

Keitaro123 likes this.
  19. Keitaro123

Reading List:
    Link
    Tehe~ as long as it's yuri it's fine~ Gotta check it out later~
    Also~ have you seen the new yuri manga called Roid~? It has been out for months now but I haven't seen anyone talking about it here~

Ubik likes this.
  20. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    I think we talked about Roid before.
    ------------------------------------------
    A isekai series on SH:
    https://www.scribblehub.com/series/12429/the--year-great-sage/
    I talked with author and he mentioned there will be yuri for a side-character.
    The series got a few bad points but overall it's pretty good and no-drama.

Ubik likes this.