Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    In my opinion, i think in the case of NU it's less about sex and more about delineating between series that contain actual relationships between women as opposed to just novels that just contain ambiguous subtext. That's just my view on it though. Take with a grain of :blobsalt:

Moonpearl and Ubik like this.
  2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    That was already known actually, Ai Chan mentioned it back in the threads to merge Yuri + Shoujo Ai and Yaoi + Shounen Ai into GL and BL.

AFAIK, the only reason NU still uses the current genres instead of merged ones, is because genres are deeply ingrained into NU's database and it would be horrifically hard to change them. It's also why Lolicon Genre is still a thing. (it should at most be a tag)

If you look at Scribble Hub for example, it uses GL and BL~

Moonpearl and Ubik like this.
  3. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    We can always say transfer all shoujo ai novels from shoujo ai to yuri and then rename yuri while just, I dunno, hide away shoujo ai. If it cant be done directly, we have enough nuffian volunteers to get the job done.

Ubik likes this.
  4. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont think a merge is entirely needed, even if the terms these days are practically interchangeable. Just rename Shoujo Ai to Girls Love. Surely they should be able to rename genres if need be?

Ubik likes this.
  5. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt @runsing would approve this, but feel free to ask if he allows it?

6. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    just last week, i and few mods yet again challenged the final boss to get the genres merged/changed. all weapon and spells were thrown out. loli pics, parth selfie, bl game, you think it, we throw it. But alas, our supplies ran out, and the party wiped out. we failed for the nth time.

tl;dr.. the genre will remain as it is for foreseeable future.

#wewilltryagain...soon™

Keitaro123, Blitz, LaDyViL and 5 others like this.
  7. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    this...post...is.....AWESOME.

Is it really that hard (functionally or shanghai'ing the final bossly) even to get a name change?

Keitaro123, Moonpearl and Ubik like this.
  8. runsing

Reading List:
    Link
    the latter. afterall, the final boss is the one that'd need to handle the former (function) should he be defeated, so....

Keitaro123, Blitz, AliceShiki and 3 others like this.
  9. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you tried tentacles?

10. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a sense of deja-vu in this kind of discussion. If I'm not wrong it n-th time discussion about terms and merging genres.
    Usually it leads to nowhere.
    edit:
    Especially after that.
    For me it's kind of... I don't know better term... schizophrenic when two sister(mother-daughter?) sites have different terms in genres mentioned. Especially when one person is responsible for both. Why not unificate them especially when you promoting one from another?
    Personally I like "Girl Love" term more as more universal.

Now back to what cause that discussion:
    I saw that change couple weeks back checked something and leave it at that. It was kinda mistake. :sweating_profusely:
    The biggest problem not in that it's incomplete. Not that it has 75 chapters with years between each other chapter in final ark in raws.
    Biggest problem it has no yuri (lily) in tags at all in the first place. :blobdevil:
    So at least tag is questionable. Especially with TL and it's pseudo yuri I Chose to Fake My Death (brrrrrr it is still irritates me every time I remember it :blob_catflip: )

Yes it's mistagg. That's why I don't like RRL tags :blobangery: (I Came Back In Order To See You has the same problem for example)
    Author mentioned that before, that it's original story with yuri harem, but MC will be part of it, not as lead one (like in Iono the Fanatics)

If it will be another like "Girlfriends" then it should be left until completed.
    Some of manga in anthology were translated already they are not the best ones, as expected from anthologies.
    And dynasty started to remove them.

As for the list. Saw it too today. Some of the titles on list are very questionable to even be a viable choice, so that was suprising for me. So just why not just add any title with girls there... :facepalm:
    Oh, and ANN there was new review in featured on Konohana Kitan that author counts as yuri. :blobunsure:
    https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/konohana-kitan/bd-dvd-the-complete-series/.146637
    and oops you did it again? :hmm:
    at least you should left the music one...

11. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am a real clumsy person.
    I don't understand this series. Is it the translation or something ? Like suddenly she is summoned by a lesbian girl in a floating castle or some shit, only for after to be kissed by a guy when she is back on the ground.

Ubik likes this.
  12. runsing

Reading List:
    Link
    we did. afterall, @LaDyViL was our party's main firepower (sorceress). and she already has two of that attached to her head. as you know, roaches can live for a week even after missing its head*, but even with that advantage factored in, we still loses.

*the head has regrew, don't worry.

that's exactly the objective of the raid.

btw, that's the first time i heard of the word..unificate. i only ever saw its 'cate' cousin when reading xianxia. it starts with defe-

Ubik, Blitz, AliceShiki and 1 other person like this.
  13. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I only managed to read that till 17 chapter it didn't look like yuri at all. And it was more chaotic than reading MTL. :notlikeblob: :facepalm:
    Then I can only wish you well in future endeavours, it would really be nice. :cookie:
    It's a real pity that there was never seen word that started with "deli-" :blobwhistle:

14. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for being quiet for the last few days~! I stayed at my girlfriend's for the weekend for a flat party and I'm still pretty sluggish/unmotivated after my return.

Oh, yay~!!! :blobparty: Congratulations, everybody!

I heard about the paedophilia thing from Ai-chan a long time ago, and it does make me uncomfortable. Just as you said, though, there's not really a solution for GL since we range from everything from yuribait to hentai and tend to use the yuri/shoujo ai distinction differently to BL. Although I think the tags on NU have stopped helping to distinguish between them too...

Actually, maybe we'd benefit from a genre merge. Especially if we added a tag for pseudo-relationships/yuribait to cover what's "lost" from the shoujo ai genre. (Although deciding what's subtextual enough to deserve such a tag would be a whole other headache...)

Keitaro123, Ubik and Sabruness like this.
  15. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My HP is still on red, would be awhile before we'd try that raid again. Besides, the final boss is busy with his concubine.

Keitaro123, Ubik, Moonpearl and 2 others like this.
  16. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Moonpearl likes this.
  17. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Keitaro123 and Ubik like this.
  18. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Ubik likes this.
  19. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In raws there two more chapters from what I saw but no TL. TL Group is focused on Hino-san no Baka for now it seems. They get to lewd handholding stage there.
    I saw prologue and didn't know what to think about it. After from what I read and saw in 1st chapter I'm pretty sure that that it will be drama heavy.

@Moonpearl, I forgot to mention yesterday and didn't want to make double post. Futanari no Elf has all it's chapters till 8 one restored.

Moonpearl likes this.
  20. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_pompom: Hurray~! Now I'm tempted to re-read it...

Keitaro123 and Ubik like this.