Follow @kr Bot and @mafia bot

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by Blitz, May 16, 2019.

1. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    You might not know but the users of Nuf like to host quite a few mafia styled games(an equal mix of bastard and classic). Over the last 3 years, this forum has been home to over a 100 or so game threads. We even have our own spin-offs such as kingdom royale(a game of stabbing) and the resistance(a more mission-based game). Tony recently made two bots @Mafia Bot and @KR Bot who will give you notifications about upcoming games if you follow them

Anyways here's a simple introduction to mafia and kr
    Taken from the OOC
    "Mafia (Russian: Ма́фия [ˈmaːfja]), also known as Werewolf, is a party game created by Dmitry Davidoff in 1986[2] modelling a conflict between an informed minority, the mafia, and an uninformed majority, the innocents. At the start of the game, each player is secretly assigned a role affiliated with one of these teams. The game has two alternating phases: night, during which the mafia may covertly "murder" an innocent, and day, in which surviving players debate the identities of the mafia and vote to eliminate a suspect. Play continues until all of the mafia have been eliminated or until the mafia outnumbers the innocents."

Simple enough to understand, no? In this game "Innocents" are known as "Radiant" while "Mafia" is known as "Dire". Now let's go to the rules...

RULES
    1. GM is me, @A5G_Reaper. There may be more in the future.
    2. You need to sign up first in this thread. Only after I acknowledge it that you'll be put in the game.
    3. Metagaming is not allowed. That's in, you are not allowed to discuss your in-game information outside of the designated threads or PM. Or acquiring information from a source which you have no access to (i.e. dead players, observers).
    4. Global forum rules apply.
    GAMEPLAY OVERVIEW
    1. The game has one day and one-night cycle, each taking 24 hours.
    2. The game starts at Day Phase, in which all players are free to post on the Game Thread.
    3. During this phase, all players are allowed one vote to lynch someone at the end of the day. Voting "No Lynch" is possible, and abstaining is also possible. A tie in the vote will result in "No Lynch".
    4. After that, the game will enter the Night Phase, in which most abilities are now usable.
    5. Dire players get their own PM where they can discuss about their strategy. At the end of the phase, they will decide one player to kill.
    6. Roles are announced upon death.
    7. Game is over when a faction has no more threat that can annihilate them.
    8. Basic guide for this kind of game.
    1. Each game has 1 main moderator and perhaps a second for backup. The moderator's word is absolute, so do not complain about or disobey the moderator. If you feel they made a mistake please use your role pm to talk to them about it.
    2. Sign up in this thread. Each game will be hosted on a different game thread. Individual moderators will post when they are opening a new game, and this OP will be changed accordingly.
    3. No private messages between participants about the game (meta-gaming). Private messages for other purposes (say, translated novels, like this site is supposed to be about) are allowed.
    4. While I appreciate that RL takes precedence, please inform your moderator if you're going to disappear for a while. We are usually happy to accommodate any absences.
    5. Global forum rules apply. I'm about 95.7% certain you haven't read them yet though...
    6. While a bit of friendly banter is acceptable, please try to stay somewhat on topic in the Kingdom Royale threads I could care less what you do on the rest of the forum

GAMEPLAY OVERVIEW
    1. Day and night cycle take twenty-four hours each, counting from the start of the game.
    2. Each roles have different victory conditions. The game ends when all surviving players have meet their victory condition.
    3. All players start with a knife, which can be used to attack other players regardless of roles. Attacks may be done once per cycle, either day or night.
    4. Attacking during daytime will be announced to everyone, whereas attacking at night will only be announced to the target. However it can only be done to the attacker's conversation partner.
    5. Roles will NOT be announced upon death. In the same vein, players will NOT be informed of their exact remaining HP.
    6. Once half the players have been eliminated, or the same number of days have passed, HP regeneration is stopped. If both conditions are fulfilled, HP is drained by 1 per day instead.
    7. Note: Rules may vary from game to game. The differences will be included in the Opening Post of the game thread itself.
      Note 2: Stabs may be queued by messaging a mod. Some possible conditions include:
      • [Stab] @ by the end of the [X Phase].
      • [Stab] @ at the beginning of the [X Phase].
      • [Stab] @ if @ using [Stab] on @.
    8. Possible: Defend mechanic is active if holding a knife. If a player has not their knife for a given day phase, all stabs will only do half damage. Not applicable during night.

In fact, the forum has its own automated setup for simple mafia games run by @justabot aka "bot mafia games". Which are quite nice for newbies who've never played any games of this style and want to start off with something nice and simple. Simple to get in and simple to play. We have one every two or so months depending on player availability and when No human Gamemasters are around. Here's an example of a recent game thread
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/dota-mafia-game-9.60259/

As for actual GM run games, we have an even mix of standard setup games and the more Bastard(chaotic) ones. Mostly in the style of dota 2. We recently had a bastard school themed game just the past week and bit before that @A5G_Reaper (Lord Gm supreme) ran a multiple faction based game in which the villagers were split into 4 factions(union,modern,traditional) and a few free creeps who had to deal with internal turmoil while fighting off the Dires(scum).
    Some threads
    As for Kingdom royale or Kr. It's a game made especially by @A5G_Reaper and @DCLXVI .To put it simply, its a more personal variant of mafia with a lot more stabby stab:blobcat_knife: Well it's a lot more personal and unlike mafia, most of the action goes through night phase so it's a lot easier to follow. We have 3 standard setups which are classic(6 players), unification wars(10 players) and twin kingdoms(12 players) but there are a few more unique modes every now and then. Most of the Kr games are hosted by Lord GM saint @Acarnina
    Some recent threads
    Well, I may have gotten a bit sidetracked explaining what they are but basically follow @Mafia Bot and @KR Bot for alerts when a new game is available. They'll have a post on their profile explaining about the format, player number and all so you can decide if you want to join in or not.
    In fact, let me make it easier for you
    Direct link to follow Kr bot
    Direct link to follow Mafia bot
    Direct link to donate to @Get Tony To Tease Parth Fund cause its a good cause and we're close:pikablob:

Here are the 2 main interest threads for commentary and player recruiting
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/kingdom-royale-interest-thread.12055/
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/mafia-dota-lynch-game-interest-and-ooc-thread.20830/

As for currently, Gm @TiggerBane is recruiting players for a casual bastard game
    @Fossil is planning an academy of weirdo based game soon
    @Acarnina has a classic and twin kingdom games running. There are currently full but you can sign up for the next ones in advance
    @Tony can have @justabot run a bot game if people are interested
    Gm @Bielt has a "monstrous" game in the workshop for another time

So if you enjoy sign up. Also do remember to only sign up if you have a little bit of time to delegate to games each day:blobpoliceangry:

2. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    Tl;Dr
    But yeah! Follow them peeps!!! Let's recruit more victi- I mean players!!! :blobhero:

Donutmindme and Blitz like this.
  3. Blitz

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobcat_knife:more knifes for @Lenaia :blobcat_knife:
    :blobspearpeek:more footstools also for @Lenaia :blobspearpeek:

4. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m out of likes QwQ

5. J-Mitch

J-Mitch ⚖ Tipping the Scales of the World

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure why I got a notif...

6. Ripple

Ripple Notice me Daisydacrazy senpa

Reading List:
    Link
    I got a notification for this. Anyways followed

7. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, thanks for the info, I didn't know that mafia meant werewolf in russian :hmm:
    I love informative threads like this

8. Blitz

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you missed the also known part there:blobtongue:

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  9. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Seriously, even if unintentionally, Well done :blobrofl:

Blitz and AliceShiki like this.
  10. Enigma

Enigma Follower of Jesus, he's the only way

Reading List:
    Link
    Followed a couple days ago, but I seen this thread so I unfollowed them and followed them again just to be sure~

Donutmindme and Blitz like this.
  11. Bielt

Bielt 『Planets Eater』『The Sin of Animosity』

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns:
    :blobcat_knife::blobcat_knife::blobcat_knife:

Blitz likes this.
  12. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Resistance and KR aren't spin offs of Mafia... KR was developed based on a novel, and Resistance is a pretty old game that is pretty independent from Mafia altogether... >.>

Blitz likes this.
  13. Blitz

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobflag:
    I actually meant to phrase it differently but I forgot. I mentioned that kr is different below <.<

Bielt likes this.
  14. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats:

Blitz likes this.
  15. Ruyue

Ruyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No.

16. Blitz

Reading List:
    Link
    hai hai~

17. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes~ Follow So we can torture you~

Donutmindme likes this.
  18. Donutmindme

Donutmindme [dounut][Zodiac:Golden snake][PROcrastinator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Torcher....

19. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    @Blitz, I am happy to see this thread, but how come I get the notification of you making this thread?

20. Laling

Laling Rest Easy, King

Reading List:
    Link
    /shrugs

Sure I guess