Discussion Is being selfish makes you a bad person??

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PedoBear Version 2.0, May 15, 2019.

1. PedoBear Version 2.0

PedoBear Version 2.0 「 Lvl. 69 Legendary Pantsu Hunter !」

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not like I hate religion...
    I respect your belief so please respect mine too

2. Kawalan

Kawalan 〚 Don't Stare 〛

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't I just said that I do?
    And I don't think you can hate something you don't believe in, you just simply don't believe so let's leave it at that. :blobangel:

3. Hegao

Hegao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well religious or not all humans should be helping each other that's the way i see it. Even if its beyond your powers you should help people by asking others for help. If not then what are we different from evil and villainous people.

4. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *Read this with Church on the Hill music from Fate*

No

To be selfish is to be human. To want more than to need is essentially selfishness. Desiring something that you are not. Desiring someone that you are not. Be it high or low, it is human selfishness to oppose another's want. There is not right or wrong in this matter. Whatever perspective or angle there is to this problem, is it all imaginary; inconceivably vain and futile to correct with logic.

Rationality itself is bias, and part humanely selfish. To rationalize evil for good, good for good, evil for evil, or good for evil. All things originate with selfishness. It is fundamental as our biology as a species, and as social creatures that coordinate with others in society.

Selfishness is evil? Nonsense, it is utterly wrong to wrong someone else's happiness, even if said happiness is wrong.

A person is bad, because they are selfish? What is to say about martyrs? They who die for a cause, whether that cause be for the good or evil of many. Whether that cause is needed or needless. Whether the cause itself is good or evil, it does not matter. If everyone desires another's death, and should the person that should die desires death too, it is essentially selfless, because there is no want that opposes another's want. May it be singular or plural in that matter, as long there is zero conflict or opposition in desires, then one can even say, the cause and effect itself is good.

But to what extent? But to what end should it justify the means? Vise versa, the technicality of humanity is the perpetual cycle of interchangeable change.

There is no need to worry, if you are selfish beyond doubt or reason, for such freedom is God's gift to you who is mortal and defective.

We, humans are defective at birth. Not physically, but spiritually, we are without reason or need. We were created without the need, but the want. Free will to make a choice, that itself is selfishness and the origin of all what is now and the future.

My cardinal cultist, you are not a bad person, because you are selfish, but you are a bad person, because someone deems you so.

Be free from endless worries, for if there is true evil, that which is truly selfish; then such an existence will never come to be, for if something like that exist in our world... there can only be hell that awaits us all.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    PedoBear Version 2.0 likes this.
  5. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @PedoBear Version 2.0
    I think Vilidious has a good/interesting point and want to know your thoughts on it, especially the part in bold.
    Edit: To say it in another way, he is saying that the weak person can't blame you for not helping, but you can still be bad for your decision to not help (depending on the circumstances).

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    Vilidious likes this.