LCD Sage Monarch

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by TheZephyrStorm, May 3, 2019.

1. slayer6950

slayer6950 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good to know, I'm getting very frustrated already.

2. pocketchu

pocketchu Omni

Reading List:
    Link
    I just looked on lnmtl and she was like “Yang Qi spare me! I’ll be your woman” but he just killed her haha

3. LestatMajere

LestatMajere Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you give us the approx. chapter at which he gets rid of her? At c104 she's still getting in the MC's way and make me want to punch kittens.

4. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Generic ultra trash, can't believe DB is wasting his time with excellent translation speed & quality on such a mediocre novel...

I can only assume that it's one of those novels that suck in the beginning but gets better later on... (Not that I will waste my time to find out.)

Bikersmoke and blablabla12 like this.
  5. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    he just enters Great Sage stage. It’s around 334. This is like the third great realm

6. REDIV

REDIV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What are the realms in this novel?

7. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Mortal, Life seizing, great sage, legendary, celestial, shattering, and I don’t know the rest

REDIV likes this.
  8. REDIV

REDIV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't legendary before great sage?

TheHoblit likes this.
  9. slayer6950

Reading List:
    Link
    This is like reading a quick D&D narrated from the MC's POV. Chapter 113, MC gets enough quintessence for level up, rolls dice, falls short so MC is now at a "bottleneck" and moves on with the story. You don't question the dice roll or explain why the bottle neck occurred. Yet DM is repetitive for other elements because the DM is trying to liven up the story.

Pretty sure it is.

10. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    this harem?

11. slayer6950

Reading List:
    Link
    So far, there has been no romance with the MC. There is hint that he cares about his aunt but only in the context that a potential suitor would have to go through the MC to get to his aunt. This could be familial love as an overprotective family member.

12. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, I. D.o.n.t understand why he stays at the institute. Once he gathers all the knowledge he wants, he could just leave and never worry about it again. It’s not like their techniques or resources would do him any good anyways. He can just go rogue and rob students from all the institutes out in the field

13. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are many reasons. 1. They have knowledge. 2. They have resources like the microworld and whatever is above that. 3. They provide protection to him and his family.

Thus he'll likely only leave once no one on the planet can threaten him. Or at least only the most powerful like the Emperor and institute leaders can threaten him.

14. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah but it seems like being there provides it’s own threat to him and his family. There’s this whole crown prince society that controls the academy’s elders who all want him dead

15. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    The crown prince society would be there regardless. Him being a student prevents them from openly killing him.

16. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah but they wouldn’t even care about his existence if he wasn’t there. He could fake his death and then do whatever he wants if he wanted.

17. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    They would because she'd care because she's petty. There's no way they wouldn't find out that he faked his death because he still has to protect his family. The second he dies a bunch of mobs will jump out and attempt to kill his family.

18. My Pen is Mightier Than Swords

My Pen is Mightier Than Swords ["Questioning the firmament"]

Reading List:
    Link
    Different stroke for different folks, I'm enjoying it tbh it's not as elegant as the previous novels but this one has it's own charm in that alot of tropes are either cut off, or stopped in a semi logical manner. And since you haven't stated your reason why you don't like it I can only assume that you haven't read through all of the chapters before you made your decision.

19. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been enjoying it but I can see why he calls it generic.

20. geddotaku

geddotaku Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She's not really all that petty. She routinely denies having him killed so far. She goes out of her way to tell her allies that. He gets in her face and is blatant about his wish to kill her for revenge. So she has him watched(because most people don't like being murdered). Every attack on him so far seem to be just people close to her thinking they are helping her out.

Yang Qi is petty. She asked him to let it go multiple times. If he wasn't basically promising to murder her and get revenge in front of people all the time, I'm not entirely certain the Crown Prince Society as whole would even care who he is.