LCD I Alone Level-Up

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Jan 14, 2019.

1. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if you've read the full novel you'd know that the goal of the system is to make another shadow monarch

therefore there'd only ever be one class despite the illusion of choice that we are told about at the very start of the novel.

not to mention that it becomes very clear that the MC growth is not infinite nor is anything similar to what the MC or other characters think, but it is finite.

simply because he is unlocking the power of the shadow monarch through levels.

it is also why
    he has no system after a certain point and the fact that the system stops working is evidence of everything i've said

userunfriendly likes this.
  2. VinnyOni1

VinnyOni1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing is infinite, but his power is nigh infinite when it comes to growth. And he could have still choose another class and the system eventually lead him to become a shadow monarch through other tasks. You are assuming the direct path was the only path to becoming a shadow monarch. I'm sure the designer thought of backup plans. Also the system wasn't trying to make him the new shadow monarch but prep him to become suitable to be taken over by the old one. So if another path lead to him having a suitable body there's no reason the system wouldn't allow it.
    You are assuming that what occurred is the only way it could have been done because it was the way it was done.
    Also, he didn't have the system after a certain point because he choose to cancel it. Not because the system deemed it's job done. It never "stopped working" but was deleted by him once he had the power to do so. Remember the system isn't sentient, it was controlled by the game designer until his death. The system job was never to have him replace the shadow monarch but have the shadow monarch resurrect through him.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  3. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    New chapter of manhua is out...and good!:aww:

The Shadow Monarch’s Power is infinite...or practically so. So once he
    crashes the system, he’s achieved infinite power. The system was always purposed to create the successor. It had no reason to exist other than that. So Jin-Woo was in reality locked, and no provision for others was even considered. Now, a hack might have allowed others to gain from Jin-Woo’s system, but it might have crashed the system...we don’t know. Think about game exploits...some can be of great benefit to a player. Others can crash the system, or the game designers may release a patch. Regardless of how it would’ve turned out, no such provision for other players was ever coded in. Such an experiment probably
    would not have ended well.

4. Karyehs

Karyehs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel should have been called "I alone level-wait for it-wait for it-up-wait for...nvm, already over".

There is just sooooo much filler content. So many repetitions, PoV switches to repeat stuff from another perspective, PoV switches to repeat the reactions of the other PoV switch,... teases, cliffs.... and then it just skips the 'reveal'.... and gives new reaction chapters..... then a small flashback to the actual 'reveal' with lots of reactions...

Overall it's very underwhelming. The author does well with his teasing, but utterly fails with dialogues and 'delivering' the relevant plot informations. The author is most likely aware of his own lack of ability, so he has to go out of his way to hide/censor/PoV switch relevant informations to give a sense of mystery.

5. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, there are some major reveals coming up soon...I’ve been looking forward to them, because the mtl is confusing.:whistle:

Also I like it...it’s one of my rereads, and I don’t do that lightly. So I disagree with the assessment...

Though the previous translator was SO much better...:blobcurse:

6. VinnyOni1

Reading List:
    Link
    Remember it wasn't until the very last minute that the monarch decided not to take over his body. Which is why the game designer was surprised that the "man" came out inside of the "monarch". The system wasn't designed to create a successor but basically prep a body for the original one to take over. And since it was just to prep the body (in a holistic sense) then how it went about it wouldn't matter. Once the original monarch took over I doubt it would have been hard to regain it's other abilities even if Jin Woo had become some other powerful being. As it stood even Jin Woo was able to gain abilities that weren't necessary in shadow monarch "category".

7. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    That section was hard to understand at CamradeMao. I am still waiting until the translation reaches that stage. :p:rolleyes:

8. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone thinks it's stupid the mc doesn't use his massive wealth from dungeon raiding to buy those skill items, or just his general lack on interest in what was probably the best magic skill from the dragon? Also, the mc not asking for the corpses of the authority rank hunters to turn into shadow soldiers? I do get he doesn't like turning humans into shadow soldiers, but to least at get information about the enemies who killed them before dismissing them.

VinnyOni1 likes this.
  9. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would he buy lesser skills? It’s not like low level skills help him much..why buy AOE magic skills when he has Tusk? Oh, he eventually gets the runestone from the dragon anyhu. :blobsweat_2:

As for asking for S rank corpses...would be a public relations nightmare. Once people find out, he would be reviled as a necromancer. Later on though, he does start raising humans...under special circumstances...:blobfearful:

Edit: read today’s ep now...:blobhero: Woojin is Daebak! :blobhero:

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  10. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you mean lesser skills? Stealth was a great skill he should be using much more. And a weak skill in the hands of an OP protagonist would become godly. And it isn't like his non class skills are that great. And they were originally normal till they evolved. There was so much potential here the author failed to follow up on.

Draksil and VinnyOni1 like this.
  11. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Stealth is one of the few skills that are ok for a special authority hunter.

But what other skills should he have? Buffing skills? Are they better that Shadow Domain? Direct damage skills? Are they better than Tusk with the orb of avarice? Healing skills? Better than Beru?

Far, far, far more efficient to have his troops use skills. Skills good enough for Jin-Woo? What are they?:p

12. VinnyOni1

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I agree with everything but the fallen hunters one. Asking for that would be like a scientist of modern day asking for the bodies of fallen soldiers to perform experiments on. The dead have a special place in peoples hearts and moreso if they contributed greatly to the betterment or safety of humanity.

userunfriendly likes this.
  13. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Except Beru who has the qualifications to fight a sovereign or Ruler? No one. Shadow Soldiers are helpful, but that's not a reason to not increase his own powers. What's the point of having so much mana if you won't use it?

Fan2zz likes this.
  14. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    It's just their shadows. They can still bury the body. And I'm sure the shadows would like to stick around for some time to get revenge as high level soldiers still have their egos and can talk. And at least learning about the assassin's fighting styles or what they were talking about could be damn helpful.

Fan2zz likes this.
  15. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, but a weak skill would actually hold him back...if it takes three seconds to cast fireball, using his dagger he could dispatch dozens of A rank monsters in those 3 seconds...

Yes! Jin-Woo would be regarded as a, a ghoul, robbing the dead for his own needs...very bad. :p

Fan2zz likes this.
  16. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Skills upgrade. Cast times will disappear, or it'll remain but the power of the magic will go up as compensation. What's three seconds if you could nuke an army in one move? Especially with a shadow army to cover you.

Fan2zz likes this.
  17. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    However, those types of skills are super rare, according to the author. Besides, soon things will become so bad Jin-Woo will be offered runestones and weapons for free...

And he does get an army nuking skill...:eek::blobfearful::blobhero:

Fan2zz likes this.
  18. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sure at this point in the story he has millions if not close to a billion in cash. He has been soloing top dungeon for months and the number of people he has to pay for labor at the office are at best in the two digits. It's never really gone over just how much he makes which is a shame. Anyways even of rare he has the money to buy rare things. What's available to the rich is different from the poor/well off.

Fan2zz and userunfriendly like this.
  19. VinnyOni1

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually considering the one he did revive after was let go was grateful to not be basically a slave i would have to disagree that everyone wants to be revived. And he would first need the body to revive someone. So even if they can rebury the body he would be need to use the body. Just because I can rebury a body doesnt mean people would want to unearth it and give it to me.

Fan2zz and userunfriendly like this.
  20. Fan2zz

Fan2zz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the corpse of an authority rank hunter. It's likely they are examining them in a lab. I'm sure scientist have dissected not just monsters but hunters as well. Never underestimate mankind's curiosity and cruelty.

Draksil and Westeller like this.